Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos vs. Ti-Cats; GDT

vCash

Sports Eskimos vs. Ti-Cats; GDT

Do the Esks stay undefeated, leaving the Kittens winless? Yuuuuuuuuuuuppppp!!!

Last edited by Section N; 07-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs. Ti-Cats; GDT

3-0 vs 0-3 ... should be easy... yet ....This has got home win wrote all over it..

I better be wrong.. eskimos should win this... but we always seem to play to the opponents level.. another slow start and we will keep em in the game..
    Cats were so poor last time our Vs bc.. offensively anyhow

vCash

Esks need to just go about their business, look at the Cats as the number one team in the CFL and all will be well.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    3-0 vs 0-3 ... should be easy... yet ....This has got home win wrote all over it..

I better be wrong.. eskimos should win this... but we always seem to play to the opponents level.. another slow start and we will keep em in the game..
    Cats were so poor last time our Vs bc.. offensively anyhow
    Yep.

I predict one of two scenarios:

1) The Esks give up the first few series of points and send this board into "nuclear meltdown/pull Reilly/fire everyone mode" before waking up in the second half and beating the Cats on a last-second touchdown.

2) The Esks curbstomp the Cats up and down the field in the first half and then proceed to do absolutely nothing in the second half. The Cats come close but Collaros throws a pick on the last drive to give the Esks a win.

That's what I see happening tonight. But man, it'd be REALLY good to rack up 50 and wholly dominate a team for once.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Just win baby!!! #BONE
    #PizStrong

vCash

I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this game, bad things seem to happen in Hamilton.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

We always seem to play like crap in Hamilton... and somehow win. So lets hope that trend continues (except the playing like crap part).
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Time to flex the muscles, step on throats, and hit em' in the mouth all night! Run the ball hard and exploit their swiss cheese secondary. Good things will happen.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Time to flex the muscles, step on throats, and hit em' in the mouth all night! Run the ball hard and exploit their swiss cheese secondary. Good things will happen.
    Oline needs to come to play, this DL is good, the secondary not so good. If we can give Reilly time, it'll be a long night for the Tabbies.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

That's a very inexperienced D backfield we will be facing and even without AB we should do well. Hamilton probably has to blitz a lot to take the pressure off their DB's. Maybe even a late hit on Reilly to try and get him off his game. We seem to have trouble picking up the outside blitz. Sometimes I wish we would move the pocket every now and then. Hammy is always tough at home.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this game, bad things seem to happen in Hamilton.
    Especially for the Ti-Cats when we come to town.

2015, Zach Collaros suffers a season-ending knee injury - missed the start of 2016
    2016, Andy Fantuz suffers a season-ending knee injury - missed the start of 2017

If I was a Hamilton fan, I wouldn't want us anywhere near there.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

So far the Tabbies haven't come close to keeping the opposing QB to 300 yards. With Reilly at QB and a not-fully-appreciated receiving corps, we light it up eventually.

The question for me is whether the defensive backfield can continue to hold things up. Collaros has had a rough start this season, but he can slice through DB's like almost no one else.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Tiger Cats have a solid front four. Our O-line needs to be better than last week. Much better.

3 guys I'm gonna be watching close:

1. Bryant Mitchell - if there ever was an opportunity in Mitchell's pro career, this is it.
    2. Blair Smith - it will be interesting to see if Hamilton works his side of the field.
    3. Travon Van - Hopefully he gets 15-20 touches tonight, but I'm more interested in how he blocks when he's not getting the ball.

and we still have a fan in Shakir Bell

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 07-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

This game scares me. I'm not sold on our D and Hammy still has offensive weapons. Offensively we'll prolly start out really slow and wake up near the end of the 2nd quarter. Not to mention its going to be balls warm.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Especially for the Ti-Cats when we come to town.

2015, Zach Collaros suffers a season-ending knee injury - missed the start of 2016
    2016, Andy Fantuz suffers a season-ending knee injury - missed the start of 2017

If I was a Hamilton fan, I wouldn't want us anywhere near there.
    I feel like the bad Hamilton games have been more of an issue here than there TBH. 2015 was that grisly rout where Nichols has his last start and Chris Jones impersonated Greg Marshall. Then 2016 was that infamous blown lead which really screwed the team morale for quite a bit after.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

I'm strangely nervous bout this one. We obviously aren't going to win them all, they obviously aren't going to lose them all. Very simple take on it, but at some point something has to give with both records and I sure hope it isn't tonight! Go Esks!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    We always seem to play like crap in Hamilton... and somehow win. So lets hope that trend continues (except the playing like crap part).
    Who can ever forget this beauty, which happened to be a win.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2230/edmont...on-tiger-cats/

vCash

The heat and humidity are going to be a beotch.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Who can ever forget this beauty, which happened to be a win.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2230/edmont...on-tiger-cats/
    I'll never forget that game. How in **** do you win a game with only 49 yards passing?!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I'll never forget that game. How in **** do you win a game with only 49 yards passing?!
    By scoring more points than the other team? Aren't you supposed to be a math guy? Eeesh

vCash

Their starter went down to a knee injury after only 10 passes, we rushed the ball 187 yards, our D got 6 turnovers.. adds up nicely for sure.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Their starter went down to a knee injury after only 10 passes, we rushed the ball 187 yards, our D got 6 turnovers.. adds up nicely for sure.
    In modern era football, I bet there aren't a whole lot of sub 50 yard passing wins. Rocky Butler comes to mind but I'm not even sure about that one.

vCash

In modern era football, I bet there aren't a whole lot of sub 50 yard passing wins. Rocky Butler comes to mind but I'm not even sure about that one.
    Since I consider the 60's , the modern era, I wonder if any of our QB's from then passed for under 100 yds in a game. We went thru a passel of them for sure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Since I consider the 60's , the modern era, I wonder if any of our QB's from then passed for under 100 yds in a game. We went thru a passel of them for sure.
    I was negative 5-15 years old in that era, so its a little foggy

vCash

I was negative 5-15 years old in that era, so its a little foggy
    It is also possible an Esk QB from then threw for negative passing yds in a game. At my age I wish I could do a "negative 5-15" right about now.

vCash

About ten years ago we did have a game when Ray went down and we had [QB whose name I've forgotten] and Stefan LeFors that resulted in a game with almost no passing. I don't think we won it though.

vCash

About ten years ago we did have a game when Ray went down and we had [QB whose name I've forgotten] and Stefan LeFors that resulted in a game with almost no passing. I don't think we won it though.
    Yeah. That's the thing. There's likely only a few games historically where a team won with a QB shooting 30% and less than 50 yards. Man, do I miss that defense and how they won many of those games that year for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    This game scares me. I'm not sold on our D and Hammy still has offensive weapons. Offensively we'll prolly start out really slow and wake up near the end of the 2nd quarter. Not to mention its going to be balls warm.
    I get that it's early and they still have to prove they can sustain it over the long haul, but so far they've held two high powered offenses in BC and Ottawa to well below their season average yards and point totals so I'd say there's reason to be optimistic that they're for real.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I get that it's early and they still have to prove they can sustain it over the long haul, but so far they've held two high powered offenses in BC and Ottawa to well below their season average yards and point totals so I'd say there's reason to be optimistic that they're for real.
    I expect Hamilton to hit us with a lot of RB pitches and crossing patterns to test out a relatively green LB core.

vCash

I swear that team in 2015 was a team of destiny. And I'd point first to this game as an example. We aren't going to see a game like that again any time soon...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on