Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Eskimos vs. rEDbLACKS; GDT

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs. rEDbLACKS; GDT

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Kelly looked awful to me...

Kelly was a liability out there. IMO if that is the best we have at tackle then we'd be better off kicking O'Donnell out to tackle and move Batiste into his guard spot when Simeon gets back. Kelly will get Reilly hurt unless (Kelly) somehow miraculously turns his play around this week.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrock43 View Post
    Kelly was a liability out there. IMO if that is the best we have at tackle then we'd be better off kicking O'Donnell out to tackle and move Batiste into his guard spot when Simeon gets back. Kelly will get Reilly hurt unless (Kelly) somehow miraculously turns his play around this week.
    If we are going to do that, would you not just go 4 Canadians? If O'Donnell and Figueroa can play tackle, You have Rottier, Sorenson, Groulx and Beard to cover 3 positions, you could do a lot worse than that.

You may need that with all the American receivers we want to keep on the field.

Bowman
    Zylstra
    Hazelton
    Mitchell
    Williams
    Stafford

That is an embarrassment of riches at that position.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    If we are going to do that, would you not just go 4 Canadians? If O'Donnell and Figueroa can play tackle, You have Rottier, Sorenson, Groulx and Beard to cover 3 positions, you could do a lot worse than that.

Bowman
    Zylstra
    Hazelton
    Mitchell
    Williams
    Stafford

I don't think O'Donnell is an every down left tackle. IMO if we were gonna use him at tackle he'd be better as a right tackle since his footwork is already suited for that since he's starting as the right guard. I don't think we have a Canadian that can play that left tackle spot comfortably enough to keep Reilly from getting killed. Having said that- O'Donnell was an upgrade from what Kelly showed. That scares me a bit.

vCash

maybe a little late posting this, but i thought this pretty damn cool.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/10/flyove...ecial-meaning/
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post

Bowman
    Zylstra
    Hazelton
    Mitchell
    Williams
    Stafford

Ruby can play Left Tackle as well Matt is well suited to RT in my opinion
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrock43 View Post
    I don't think O'Donnell is an every down left tackle. IMO if we were gonna use him at tackle he'd be better as a right tackle since his footwork is already suited for that since he's starting as the right guard. I don't think we have a Canadian that can play that left tackle spot comfortably enough to keep Reilly from getting killed. Having said that- O'Donnell was an upgrade from what Kelly showed. That scares me a bit.
    I've often wondered why they didn't move him to RT considering he accounted himself rather well there in Cincy's camp
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

TW is getting destroyed tonight..yikes.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    An NFL cut isn't going to come in and start, unless it's a guy with league experience like McCoil, Grymes, Lacey, etc.
    IMO, d-line is one place it can work out for a CFL rookie coming up. A week ago I wouldn't have cared but now a DT to fill in for Sewell in the rotation could be a nice boost and I know we still need to find a young heir at DE with all 3 Americans over 30
    "Because this Eskimo experience is not made for just anyone" - KP