Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F*** this League.

vCash

Stupid F*** this League.

This league is one hell of a hot pile of steaming ****.

The CFL has been apart my family since the dawn of the Eskimos, as it probably is for a lot of us. But after watching this game I'm done. It pains me to say it but I'm done investing my time in this league.

Its clear they have no intention of fixing the Officiating ever. The officiating has gotten worse ever week. The Commish wants to improve this game? FIX THE DAMN OFFICIATING. This has to be the number one issue plaguing this league. Just how much pull does TSN actually have ?

Today we saw Reilly get smashed with a Helmet to helmet hit, with a ref right there. No Call. Yet the eye in the sky makes the Esks pull him out because they/it saw the helmet to helmet. If someone was to have hit BLM like how Reilly was hit, that player would have been kicked out of the league. What in hell was the ref watching ? Lets talk about the " eye in the sky" I can not recall any games where the eye in the sky "spots" another penalty to call. Yet there it is calling the throat slash. WTF???

Also the late hit out of bounds... uncalled. Why wasn't it called ? Late in game, gotta make sure Calgary wins.

how uneven playing field is getting is ridiculous. Its pretty damn clear the CFL or CFL/ TSN has different set of rules for different teams.

What is PI and what isn't changes week to week, game to game. No one knows wtf PI is... Its different for each team it seems.

I'm so enraged right now at how PISS POOR the officiating was I can't even post straight. Teams are getting jobbed week in and week out by the league or the league and TSN.

Tonights game was the worst officiated game i've ever seen. You did not need no tin foil hat to see how one sided the officials are. We've seen this game in and game out for various teams. The League/ TSN has their teams they covet for whatever angle they are portraying and those who are the opposition to those teams are getting ****ed Over and over again.

Personally I think TSN has a huge hand in this issue and they have the CFL over a barrel. TSN loves certain teams and those teams get preferential treatment. I knew the minute the CFL brought in that " no lead is safe" bull****, things where going to get shady.

So thank you CFL, Thank you TSN for finally driving me away from the CFL. Congratz you POS.

Lets all hope the Commish does something about this officiating - how it gets swept under the carpet each week is mind boggling - but I'm sure the Patsy Commish nor anyone else will say a peep. ****

vCash

Re: F*** this League.

Your frustration is valid, mate. CFL officiating is a joke.

But we lose this game regardless.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

If the eye in the sky saw fit to place Reilly into concussion protocol then why didn't the eye in the sky impose a penalty like they did with the throat slash gesture.

You wouldn't be put into concussion protocol unless there was serious helmet to helmet contact.
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post

The CFL has been apart my family since the dawn of the Eskimos, as it probably is for a lot of us. But after watching this game I'm done. It pains me to say it but I'm done investing my time in this league.

Its clear they have no intention of fixing the Officiating ever. The officiating has gotten worse ever week. The Commish wants to improve this game? FIX THE DAMN OFFICIATING. This has to be the number one issue plaguing this league. Just how much pull does TSN actually have ?

Today we saw Reilly get smashed with a Helmet to helmet hit, with a ref right there. No Call. Yet the eye in the sky makes the Esks pull him out because they/it saw the helmet to helmet. If someone was to have hit BLM like how Reilly was hit, that player would have been kicked out of the league. What in hell was the ref watching ? Lets talk about the " eye in the sky" I can not recall any games where the eye in the sky "spots" another penalty to call. Yet there it is calling the throat slash. WTF???

Also the late hit out of bounds... uncalled. Why wasn't it called ? Late in game, gotta make sure Calgary wins.

how uneven playing field is getting is ridiculous. Its pretty damn clear the CFL or CFL/ TSN has different set of rules for different teams.

What is PI and what isn't changes week to week, game to game. No one knows wtf PI is... Its different for each team it seems.

I'm so enraged right now at how PISS POOR the officiating was I can't even post straight. Teams are getting jobbed week in and week out by the league or the league and TSN.

Tonights game was the worst officiated game i've ever seen. You did not need no tin foil hat to see how one sided the officials are. We've seen this game in and game out for various teams. The League/ TSN has their teams they covet for whatever angle they are portraying and those who are the opposition to those teams are getting ****ed Over and over again.

Personally I think TSN has a huge hand in this issue and they have the CFL over a barrel. TSN loves certain teams and those teams get preferential treatment. I knew the minute the CFL brought in that " no lead is safe" bull****, things where going to get shady.

So thank you CFL, Thank you TSN for finally driving me away from the CFL. Congratz you POS.

Lets all hope the Commish does something about this officiating - how it gets swept under the carpet each week is mind boggling - but I'm sure the Patsy Commish nor anyone else will say a peep. ****
    It's like you took the words right outta my mouth.

The league and TSN can eat taint.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post

We don't lose this game regardless, the Eskimos despite their shortcomings had the better stats.

How did Calgary only get four flags thrown their way?
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post

Bad officiating is one thing, usually the screw ups tend to even out over the course of a game, I can handle bad officiating. But that was beyond bad officiating, when you consider the non-PI, the PI, the helmet to helmet on Reilly, the hit out of bounds non call, the throat slash callled from the eye in the sky minutes after the fact, and not to mention the fact that our DL was held blatantly on every single play, it's pretty clear that there's more going on here than just bad officiating...

vCash

If Sunderland has ANY BALLS AT ALL he holds a press conference tomorrow and calls these morons out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw the league screw the fine............... when you are consistently targeted by biased reffing pull a Roger Neilson and let them have it! What is league going to do about it............... absolutely sweet FA if we don't do/say something!!!

I sure hope Maas drops the hammer on this crap in his post game in the next day or two. Enough is enough... send the game tape to the league and ask them to explain themselves.
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

Because they are Calgary!

It is truly spectacular how the officiating in this game went their way. It is incredible that they can not call pass interference on the Williams play and in the next quarter call the bogus PI in the end zone on the Esks.

Super Moderator

vCash

I knew the reffing was going to be shyte on the Stamps first possession. We got good pressure up the middle, and had a rusher isolated on their guard deep in the stamps backfield. A blatant hold allowed Mitchell to step outside and make a completion. The official was no more than 5 yards behind on an isolated hold in front of his face. No call.

Knew it then and there, we were screwed again if the game was close.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash
    We used to have a GM that would have had the guts to say something about this but sadly I doubt we hear anything
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I knew the reffing was going to be shyte on the Stamps first possession. We got good pressure up the middle, and had a rusher isolated on their guard deep in the stamps backfield. A blatant hold allowed Mitchell to step outside and make a completion. The official was no more than 5 yards behind on an isolated hold in front of his face. No call.

Knew it then and there, we were screwed again if the game was close.
    Holding calls are nonexistent in the league, unless it is on a kick return, a million miles from the ball carrier.

It is a shame the CFL devalues holding calls, it takes away excellent athletic endeavors by athletes on the defense, it negates that strength.

- - - Updated - - -

A strong o-line in the CFL s the o-line that holds the most because they know it isn't called.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

F*** this League.

I always say that if the league really wanted to manufacture offence all they would have to do is to stop calling holding, looks like they are going that route.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I always say that if the league really wanted to manufacture offence all they would have to do is to stop calling holding, looks like they are going that route.
    It's exactly why they don't call it. I've felt this way for years.

Ironically I recall in the 90s the CFL really cracked down on holding.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

We used to have a GM that would have had the guts to say something about this but sadly I doubt we hear anything
    After. He got fined... he wisely kept his opinions to himself to.. no one is making enough money to have their pocketbook blasted for voicing an opinion.. so I wouldn't be mad at Sunderland if he didnt say anythin.. league has NO love for the esks

It almost feels like the league is trying to make us pay for the fact that we used to have a GM (and HAVE a HC) that would speak out and rock the boat about this kind of stuff. Or maybe there's still a grudge on leagues part over Mic Gate... I don't know what the explanation is but they were clearly trying to make sure Calgary won that game.

vCash

I agree that people have every right to be frustrated by the bush league officiating in the CFL. Every time I think that it cannot get any worse another week goes by I realize to my dismay, that it can.

These officials have not only hit rock bottom, they have started to dig.

Respectfully, whether or not the officiating lost us the game is not the point. The CFL is holding itself out as a professional sports organization, it has an obligation to do everything in its power to remedy this situation.

I really think that someone should start an online petition.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

The CFL is building smaller stadiums because it can't attract fans and grow its base, not due to the athletic talent it attracts, but due to the shoddy way it manages the game.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Ironically shoddy officiating even cost a CFL fan a million bucks this year.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Write your letters and vote with your wallets, then.

I know I won't be back next year, and I plan on telling them all the reasons why.

Just bitching does nothing.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

The two PI calls that were literally the exact same play caused a 9 point swing by having both calls go in Calgary's favour. If it's not PI on Williams, then it's not PI on #80. There was no difference other than #80 falling at the end of the play.

In a 3 point game, that's the game.

It was pretty incredible that Reilly gets pulled from the game because he is blatantly hit helmet to helmet but the tit****er standing right there, who would have *heard* the contact, never mind seen it, doesn't have the balls to throw a flag against Calgary... it's embarrassing.

And then the needle dick starts throwing flags at every opportunity he can against the Eskimos for unsportsmanlike conduct because there's nothing a ****ty ref loves to do more than double down on his bull****.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

The fact that so many BLATANT calls were missed, is very alarming and concerning. They screwed us. There's no other way to put it.

The most egregious of them IMO, is the "down by contact" vs. Parker to setup the winning TD. WHAT THE ****? How is that not "seen" by the eye in the sky? But you can see a sideline throat slash gesture? (Which was unbelievably stupid, but I digress).

The next, almost as bad, is the helmet to helmet on MR. WHAT THE ****? CFL! Your "head" referee is 8 feet away, and neither he, or the supposed eye in the sky can't see it? But, determine that he has to go through the protocol. Holy hell!

How can others not see the double standard set in these instances? I am just so ****ing fed up with the consistent lack of obvious crap that continues week after week. Not just to us, just most recently of course.

I watched the game with a hardcore Riders fan, and a somewhat knowledgeable Tiger Cats fan, and to have the same unbiased reactions just justified the nonsense even more.

I know I am repeating what dozens here have said already, but this is also going into an email to the league immediately after his post.

Sunderland, Mass and the gutless Rhodent should be going to Toronto a few days early next week to file their own complaints with Ambrosie and the league numb nuts.

Rant, over. N, out. **** this.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post

No we don't.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Calgary is gifted a TD in a 3 point game after what was already determined to not be PI and we're saying we lose the game regardless?

The Eskimos were the better team today, but they were playing 18 v 12 and it certainly was worth more than 3 points that Calgary won by.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

Teams lose games on bad calls, happens all the time and in ALL pro leagues.

But I can't ever remember seeing a game where EVERY SINGLE MAJOR call went in the favour of one team. Seriously, can anyone remember ONE call that went the Esks way where you thought to yourself, Esks got lucky there? I sure as hell don't. When you put it into a list, it screams way more than ineptitude.

- PI on Williams. Stamp player cuts into his lane and doesn't appear to make any effort to play ball. Ruled no penalty on review. Decision: Calgary
    - Head shot on Reilly. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Reilly pulled by spotter in red zone. Decision: Calgary
    - Mitchell while escaping pocket grabs Sewell facemask. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Walker grabs face mask while stiff arming. Cuthbert says not always called but it was there. Decision: Calgary
    - PI against Hoover despite Michel initiating contact on Hoover. Decision: Calgary
    - Reilly returns and takes a hit at the knees. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Edwards goes full dumb ass but nobody sees it. Few minutes later, eye in sky appears to call it. Decision: Calgary
    - Parker gets up and is stripped of ball. Refs rule down by contact. Decision: Calgary
    - Smith gets hit a good 5 yards and 3 steps out of bounds. No call. Decision: Calgary

That is way too one-sided for me to believe that there wasn't an agenda at play in this game. Throw in the fact that TSN never made it sound like we were the victim of a screw job and even claimed Williams should've been called for offensive PI and this feels like the fix was in. Can you imagine if this was Sask who got screwed like this? There would be a federal inquiry.

Edit: Forgot to point out that the majority of these bull**** calls came AFTER Maas showed up the league with his reaction to the challenge. Not suspicious at all....
    Last edited by T-BONE; 09-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.

vCash

Re-watched the game to see if maybe things looked different after the emotion subsided, and though it helped a little. It didn't help much.

• Holds - tons of missed ones. My favorites were the ones where the outside lineman grabs our players hands while on his knees to give Bitch Levi time to complete his plays. Saw several of those.
    • Horse Collar - got a little bit of jersey, but let go and tackled cleanly (just like the botched one on Labour Day)
    • Marcel Young looks even worse the next day
    • PI challenge - I can live with the no call after seeing it again, what I can't live with is the call the other way in the second half
    • Head shot - SMH.
    • Lame call on Ladler removing his helmet
    • The Walker face mask was legit.
    • Why was the 3rd quarter break 6 minutes long when the Esks are knocking on the door. Totally killed that momentum.
    • Throat slash - I understand it is an automatic penalty, but I can't accept that no official on the field saw it at first and only decided to call it after another Calgary lengthy timeout ("injury") where Dickenson bitches the entire time. If you didn't see it, you can't call it. If it was the "eye in the sky", shame on the league for using this bogus method for stuff like this rather than plays that could injure players.
    • Parker fumble - How the hell can the officiating rule that down by contact when minutes before they missed an obvious down by contact. Both times favoring Calgary, fortunately on the INT the automatic review fixed their blunder. (P.S. Young really is a terrible DB).
    • How the hell is that not unnecessary roughness on the final return. 3 steps out of bounds.

Forgot to add the hold on the return: Calgary player grabs Eskimo player twice shoving him, then falls flailing his hands in the air. Total penalty draw ala Anaheim Ducks and the refs were all in buying every bit of it.
    Last edited by bone; 09-10-2017 at 10:36 AM.

vCash

A fan base should be able to watch a game and live and die with the good and bad plays by both teams. The score at the end of the contest should represent a fair outcome and most fans will accept a loss on that basis.

We laugh at the diving in soccer because is degrades the integrity of that sport. If we take a step back from football, it is not much better. Catch a ball after it hits the turf, just get up and act like it was a good catch. Lose contain in punt coverage, fall to the ground as if you were pushed in the back. DB makes a good play, get up and signal your coach for a PI challenge. Get pushed to the ground on the pass rush, leg whip the QB and make it look accidental.

This is how Calgary gets calls by working the officials. Esks should do more of that instead of getting mad and throwing headsets. Time to join the cheating crowd because the officiating will not be improving any time soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    It almost feels like the league is trying to make us pay for the fact that we used to have a GM (and HAVE a HC) that would speak out and rock the boat about this kind of stuff. Or maybe there's still a grudge on leagues part over Mic Gate... I don't know what the explanation is but they were clearly trying to make sure Calgary won that game.

it does look like that doesnt it. TSN mandated because we wouldn't play along with their asinine gimmicks.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    That's not why we have to endure it. We have to endure it because of our past.

TSN runs this league now. When we saw what happenes last year after the mic incident, and what the ultimate reprocussions of that were. The firing of the best young GM the league has seen in some time.

All of those running the show at TSN grew up in an age of the CFL being dominated by one certain team wearing green and gold colours. A great and unprecedented time for Eskimo fans, and a history we look back on still as the pinnacle of our teams history. For those outside of that though, they built up excuses, and seeded long standing hatred. Those who grew up on the outside and have the influence are making sure that we don't ever return to that level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Teams lose games on bad calls, happens all the time and in ALL pro leagues.

But I can't ever remember seeing a game where EVERY SINGLE MAJOR call went in the favour of one team. Seriously, can anyone remember ONE call that went the Esks way where you thought to yourself, Esks got lucky there? I sure as hell don't. When you put it into a list, it screams way more than ineptitude.

- PI on Williams. Stamp player cuts into his lane and doesn't appear to make any effort to play ball. Ruled no penalty on review. Decision: Calgary
    - Head shot on Reilly. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Reilly pulled by spotter in red zone. Decision: Calgary
    - Mitchell while escaping pocket grabs Sewell facemask. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Walker grabs face mask while stiff arming. Cuthbert says not always called but it was there. Decision: Calgary
    - PI against Hoover despite Michel initiating contact on Hoover. Decision: Calgary
    - Reilly returns and takes a hit at the knees. No call. Decision: Calgary
    - Edwards goes full dumb ass but nobody sees it. Few minutes later, eye in sky appears to call it. Decision: Calgary
    - Parker gets up and is stripped of ball. Refs rule down by contact. Decision: Calgary
    - Smith gets hit a good 5 yards and 3 steps out of bounds. No call. Decision: Calgary

That is way too one-sided for me to believe that there wasn't an agenda at play in this game. Throw in the fact that TSN never made it sound like we were the victim of a screw job and even claimed Williams should've been called for offensive PI and this feels like the fix was in. Can you imagine if this was Sask who got screwed like this? There would be a federal inquiry.

Edit: Forgot to point out that the majority of these bull**** calls came AFTER Maas showed up the league with his reaction to the challenge. Not suspicious at all....
    Missed one.

We have the ball with 23 seconds left. Calgary calls timeout, and refs stop play after the snap.

Ref asks the clock to be reset to 20.

Not 23.

vCash

I usually say that calls even out over the course of a game or a season but Calgary has been directly gifted 3 points. First in OT in the Ottawa game, the Calgary player clearly fumbles before his knee is down, command centre looks at it and rules the call on the field to be correct. Then you take all of the other crap out of last game and focus on the long bomb at the end of the game to Parker, which he gets up and fumbles. If that play is called correctly the game is over.

vCash

Watching the NFL today the calls being made have a consistent theme.

1. Call what you see.
    2. Judge the action not the intent (don't think)
    3. Be calm and professional - act like you know what you are doing because you do.

Try applying that checklist to any CFL crew. When I try I can't get past #1.