Thread: Do Refs Really Hate The Esks ?

vCash

Attention Do Refs Really Hate The Esks ?

Had some time on my hands so I went through the last 17 years of CFL Facts and Figures and added up the penalties for each team except Ottawa who have been in and out a few times.
    Remember in this time there have been many different players and coaches on each team. Except for Winnipeg and Hamilton all teams have won a Grey Cup or more in that time frame.
    This does not count this years which we know we are last in penalties.
    Here are the results 1 being the least penalties)
    First for the last 17 years

Least Penalties 1 Sask
    2 BC
    3 Tor
    4 Cal and Ham tied
    6 Winnipeg
    7 Edmonton
    8 Montreal
    Now The last 5 Years
    1 Cal
    2 BC
    3 Montreal
    4 Winnipeg
    5 Sask
    6 Ham and Tor tied
    8 Edmonton

Like to also mention in that time of 17 years not once were the Esks the least penalized neither was Hamilton. .
    Sask had the most least penalty years with 6. Cal and BC were next with 3 each. All west teams seems a little strange.
    Maybe a plot to screw the ESKs. LOL

Re: Do Refs Really Hate The Esks ?

So getting over penalized has been a problem that has transcended players, coaching staffs, and GMs in Edmonton for nearly two decades.... That seems crazy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    So getting over penalized has been a problem that has transcended players, coaching staffs, and GMs in Edmonton for nearly two decades.... That seems crazy.
    Or just..... consistent!

I try not to be tin foil hat guy but..... damn........ numbers do make you think in a little different light!?!? Not that the league (or anyone else) would think that is a little "unusual".................
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

How about penalties in games with certain crews? Especially those with Kim Murphy as referee?

vCash

I'm interested to know what the difference in average between the best and the worst is? If the difference is 12 yards, or something like 1 more penalty per game, then that could be statistically insignificant. But if the difference is larger, in a 9 team league, it may prove a certain long standing bias.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

You have to add an * to these stats for the years that Patrick Kabongo was on the O-line, man I loved that guys character but he got called for holding almost every series

vCash

With an undisciplined coach, lack of discipline from the players often follows.
    Long time Lions fan

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

The worst teams are more often than not the most penalized, as they are forced to take calls to make up for talent deficiencies.

We are not a bad team.

This only indicates that we are judged more critically than other certain teams.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    The worst teams are more often than not the most penalized, as they are forced to take calls to make up for talent deficiencies.

We are not a bad team.

This only indicates that we are judged more critically than other certain teams.
    The five in a row dynasty is still haunting us.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't at all surprise me Calgary is the least penalized the last five years.

They haven't been called for holding for five years.

- - - Updated - - -

What the CFL needs to do is replace every official.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

The Stumps got at least 2 holding calls tonight....

vCash

I really do think Maas is still being punished for not wearing the headset last year.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie-Lox View Post
    I really do think Maas is still being punished for not wearing the headset last year.
    Would be interesting when in court over Reilly’s scrambled brains. “But judge, there was that time they wouldn’t wear microphones.... And besides we did our part making them take equipment off for practice.” Blank stare from judge followed by facepalm.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Would be interesting when in court over Reilly’s scrambled brains. “But judge, there was that time they wouldn’t wear microphones.... And besides we did our part making them take equipment off for practice.” Blank stare from judge followed by facepalm.
    The way reilly lay there for a few seconds on that black hit.. it looked like he was out...
    Such an obv missed call

This where having multiple challenges benefits when the ref crew makes an error at least it can get rectified.. now we're feeling the crunch on that more than most

vCash

CFL officiating; "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin View Post
    CFL officiating; "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    "If it's so poor that we can't confirm it is malice or stupidity, why should we give a ****?"
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Sorry.. ..that excuse is tired. It was what was given when either replay was in its infancy or not existent.

The inconsistencies have piled up for years, and that adage no longer has any merit.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Sorry.. ..that excuse is tired. It was what was given when either replay was in its infancy or not existent.

The inconsistencies have piled up for years, and that adage no longer has any merit.
    Then we disagree. While the Occam's razor methodology may be old (attributed to 14th century logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham), it's still used by scientists to decide between two competing theories that make the same prediction and after watching CFL officials over the past 50 years I'm in no doubt about their inconsistency and incompetence no matter what teams are on the field. They're just not good enough to consistently job anyone.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Then we disagree. While the Occam's razor methodology may be old (attributed to 14th century logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham), it's still used by scientists to decide between two competing theories that make the same prediction and after watching CFL officials over the past 50 years I'm in no doubt about their inconsistency and incompetence no matter what teams are on the field. They're just not good enough to consistently job anyone.
    Please tell me that I am not the only one that had to look that up...
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Please tell me that I am not the only one that had to look that up...
    You are not the only one that had to look that up..........better?
    CBC Radio show Q host Tom Power interviewing Lewis Black:
    Tom: do you think Trump is good for comedy?
    Lewis: no, that's like saying a stroke is good for a nap.

vCash

Can anyone repost that 630 ched podcast link please? I would like to give it a listen. Thanks very much!
    undefined

The Moz'