Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Cup 2018!

vCash

Re: Grey Cup 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Edm media should do nothing but ask DD about his "****ing Canadians" comment.

I'll be surprised if he's asked once.
    Our local columnist (and close buddy of the Esks' team president) is too busy readying himself to ask his annual cornball question at the coaches' presser about the players having sex the night before the game.

vCash

I only saw it in real time but it sounded like he was moaning about homerism.. especially as he felt the pass to morris wasn’t a pick play.. it was because Matthews was so poor in his route I dunno if it was intentional or just ****e route running.. he seemed amped after that! Lol

He said something like, “ it’s on their sideline, why are all the flags on mike O’Shea’s sideline..? Is it because he’s ****ing Canadian.”

Maybe he felt the league wanted a non import hc to get to the dance.. I doubt it.. the calls evened up over the course of the game ... heat of the moment and all that..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GREYx14 View Post
    Our local columnist (and close buddy of the Esks' team president) is too busy readying himself to ask his annual cornball question at the coaches' presser about the players having sex the night before the game.
    He sucks so much.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

I agree.

I'm not much enthused about next weekend's Grey Cup matchup since I ardently dislike both teams, but I'll be pulling for Canadians Brad Sinopoli and Lewis Ward anyway!

My Fantasy picks may be another thing entirely though....

Radically Canadian!

vCash

heard that as well, had to rewind it to see if i heard it correctly
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash
    Blog Entries

The Stumps were just laying out the F-Bombs all game...

At any rate, I'll be working the bungee jump at Grey Cup Festival Wed/Thur/Fri so say hi if you're taking the plunge!
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    The Stumps were just laying out the F-Bombs all game...

At any rate, I'll be working the bungee jump at Grey Cup Festival Wed/Thur/Fri so say hi if you're taking the plunge!
    Good stuff. Hopefully T. Jones drops by to take the plunge.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Whoa! What a mess that could make!

vCash
    Blog Entries

There is a weight limit for both activities...
    To get the most out of your Grey Cup Festival experience...make sure you download the app!! Interactive maps, parking locations, schedules and events, shop online for gear, fill out waivers ahead of the lines...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Whoa! What a mess that could make!
    " All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty --------------------. "

vCash
    Blog Entries

" All the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty --------------------. "
    Funny thing is...nobody ever said Humpty was an egg... It was just assumed.

vCash

Funny thing is...nobody ever said Humpty was an egg... It was just assumed.
    Always so nice when people volunteer their time to help the community, hope you have a great time boydo. btw: I shouldn't talk I'm hitting the scales at around 215 lately. just so I don't give pizmo an opening here that is in pounds, piz. not KG's.

vCash

Always so nice when people volunteer their time to help the community, hope you have a great time boydo. btw: I shouldn't talk I'm hitting the scales at around 215 lately. just so I don't give pizmo an opening here that is in pounds, piz. not KG's.
    moon gravity or earth gravity. you may be slimmer than you think.
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Buuurrrrrnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    And here I thought you'd mention "tonnes" in your reply.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I only saw it in real time but it sounded like he was moaning about homerism.. especially as he felt the pass to morris wasn’t a pick play.. it was because Matthews was so poor in his route I dunno if it was intentional or just ****e route running.. he seemed amped after that! Lol

He said something like, “ it’s on their sideline, why are all the flags on mike O’Shea’s sideline..? Is it because he’s ****ing Canadian.”

Maybe he felt the league wanted a non import hc to get to the dance.. I doubt it.. the calls evened up over the course of the game ... heat of the moment and all that..
    There has been some decent reporting on this already, and it has been discussed that the fully comment was referencing, "F'ing Canadian Mafia", one of the nicknames - the last two words anyways - for the all-Canadian braintrust at the helm of the Bombers.

It is hypocritical for some to go after Maas for his sideline indiscretions and not go after Dickie for some of his, but this shouldn't be blown out of proportion as a slur against O'Shea or against the country that has given Dickie so much of his career.

There have been apologies and regrets expressed, and that's a mile further than we see from many in our society when they screw up these days.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    There has been some decent reporting on this already, and it has been discussed that the fully comment was referencing, "F'ing Canadian Mafia", one of the nicknames - the last two words anyways - for the all-Canadian braintrust at the helm of the Bombers.

It is hypocritical for some to go after Maas for his sideline indiscretions and not go after Dickie for some of his, but this shouldn't be blown out of proportion as a slur against O'Shea or against the country that has given Dickie so much of his career.

There have been apologies and regrets expressed, and that's a mile further than we see from many in our society when they screw up these days.
    I agree 100 per cent....

Also if I’m winnipeg I’m getting Canadian mafia T-shirt’s printed and on sale in time for Xmas...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Also if I’m winnipeg I’m getting Canadian mafia T-shirt’s printed and on sale in time for Xmas...
    Great idea!

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Long range weather forecast looking good for Sunday. Hope it holds up.

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 11-20-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Has to be tough losing an eastern all star CB for the game that he and his team have been playing for all year. The right call though. League has to come down hard on crap like this. You can argue he thought it was another player he was scuffling with but the result is what counts. Will be interesting to see if an appeal is allowed like Kyris Hebert did during the regular season.

Just my opinion but possibly if the officials would have thrown a few flags at the start of the game when on almost every play there was pushing and shoving ,it might have toned things down a bit. Seems like they might have not wanted to be blamed for not "letting the teams play", and it got out of hand.

vCash
    Blog Entries

The crap he pulled was way out of line though. First the head whip to the ground, then the official gets shoved (who he was looking right at by the way) and then he facemasked another player after that. What's to appeal? I understand the appeal process and everything but for something as cut and dried as this why is he bothering? (Besides the obvious he wants to play and the coaches want him to play)

vCash

The crap he pulled was way out of line though. First the head whip to the ground, then the official gets shoved (who he was looking right at by the way) and then he facemasked another player after that. What's to appeal? I understand the appeal process and everything but for something as cut and dried as this why is he bothering? (Besides the obvious he wants to play and the coaches want him to play)
    Just saw on 3DownNaion the CFLPA has filed an appeal on behalf of Rose. Gonna get interesting.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Just saw on 3DownNaion the CFLPA has filed an appeal on behalf of Rose. Gonna get interesting.
    this should be the shortest appeal in the history of the league, he could have been kicked out of the game for 2 things during that melee.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    this should be the shortest appeal in the history of the league, he could have been kicked out of the game for 2 things during that melee.
    Even still. Amidst the Grey Cup hoopla, there is no way the appeal is reviewed in time for the game, so he likely plays and the suspension carries into next year.

vCash

It's Tuesday, if the league and CFLPA wanted to get the appeal done, they could make it happen tomorrow. Problem is that neither really want to make it happen.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    It's Tuesday, if the league and CFLPA wanted to get the appeal done, they could make it happen tomorrow. Problem is that neither really want to make it happen.
    Exactly this... Although if the League was smart they'd be on this like a fat kid on a cupcake to keep the perception that they actually care if people get hurt or not...

vCash

It kinda takes Ottawa off the hook with the CFLPA initiating the appeal. Just the way the system works. No way Ottawa wants to lose an all star for the most important game of the year. Likely some lobbying going on by both teams behind closed doors. A decade from now when someone is reading the list of Grey Cup winners , there is not going to be an asterisk beside the 2018 winner's name saying they lost or won with or without Rose playing. iirc correctly Campbell is a Cdn. now, gives Dickenson a chance for another rant.

Seriously though it's like others have said, safety and respect should come first.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    I have no idea what the CFL collective agreement says about appeals, but assuming it's written like almost every other union in the country, there's almost no chance they can find a mutually agreeable arbiter who is willing to hear this by the weekend.