Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Cup 2018!

vCash

Re: Grey Cup 2018!

If ticketmasters site is accurate, there are currently only approx. 300 seats left in the lower bowl. Still a bunch in the uppers though, but wow - sales appear to be brisk today.

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 06-01-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Just did another quick check on ticketmaster - only singles by the looks of it left in the lower bowl (190 total)
    Upper deck, still a good number of seats, but if you're looking for two together, all that is left are up in the corners - not much available below row 70.

I guess they'd have to be sold out by tomorrow to break the record then hey?

vCash

I'm hearing Loverboy, Trooper & Kim Mitchell for the Saturday Concert @ Grey Cup Festival.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I'm hearing Loverboy, Trooper & Kim Mitchell for the Saturday Concert @ Grey Cup Festival.
    And people wonder why the CFL isn't attracting younger fans...
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

ABBA would attract a world-wide audience.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Sounds like the half time act is gonna be announced on Wednesday.

Regarding the Saturday concert series - I've been to a few Grey Cups where the likes of Trooper were the musical acts. Everybody seemed to be having a good time regardless of age. Of course they were all football fans to begin with, so that's what you do at Grey Cups.

vCash

Sounds like the half time act is gonna be announced on Wednesday.

Regarding the Saturday concert series - I've been to a few Grey Cups where the likes of Trooper were the musical acts. Everybody seemed to be having a good time regardless of age. Of course they were all football fans to begin with, so that's what you do at Grey Cups.
    They were all there for a good time!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    They were all there for a good time!

vCash

it was the summer of '69!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    And people wonder why the CFL isn't attracting younger fans...
    My thoughts exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

The best half-time show was Lenny Kravitz.

vCash

I certainly understand. Suggestions on what bands you would book for that event?

Remember, it's already costing 75 bucks to get in with these bands. Anything popular and current could drive up the event pricing for fans. That could limit options.

Are any other events announced? Any any bands performing at the Street Festival through the week?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

If the CFL is trying to sell the game to a younger generation with the half-time entertainment then I suspect they're barking up the wrong tree. I never understand what the fuss is about the half-time show as I spend the half-time walking about, getting a drink, using the facilities, giving my keester a rest. Then again, I'm not an event guy, just a football fan.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Coors Light Concert – Saturday, November 24
    8:00 AM – 1:00 AM | Hall A, B, C, Shaw Conference Centre | Tickets $75*
    One of the biggest parties of the week, the Coors Light Concert, will feature Canadian crowd favourites Loverboy, Trooper and Kim Mitchell.

Clarke Park Indoor Tailgate Party – Sunday, November 25
    Noon – 4:00 PM | Clarke Park, The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium | Tickets $125*
    Steps from Commonwealth Stadium, get your tailgate on at Clarke Park! Your ticket includes great live entertainment – courtesy of Platinum Blonde and Guns 4 Roses – and a pregame meal.

Boston Pizza Outdoor Tailgate Party – Sunday, November 25
    Noon – 4:00 PM | West Parking Lot, The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium | Tickets $75*
    The Outdoor Tailgate will be the ultimate place to party before the 106th Grey Cup kicks-off! The party will feature live entertainment from The Trews and Toque with traditional tailgate fare available for purchase.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I thought Imagine Dragons in 2014 was the best halftime show of the live Cups I've been to. Some people I talked to really liked Fall Out Boy in 2015.

Granted, all of these artists have one thing in common.
    They're not Canadian.

So..... does it matter to the people here if the halftime show is Canadian or not? Nobody bats an eye if U2 or Paul McCartney plays the Super Bowl, but they're not American....
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Have they announced the half time show?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Personally, I thought Imagine Dragons in 2014 was the best halftime show of the live Cups I've been to. Some people I talked to really liked Fall Out Boy in 2015.

Granted, all of these artists have one thing in common.
    They're not Canadian.

So..... does it matter to the people here if the halftime show is Canadian or not? Nobody bats an eye if U2 or Paul McCartney plays the Super Bowl, but they're not American....
    I could care less if there are Canadian artists at the half time show. The reality is that there are not enough good Canadian artists out there. I prefer international acts.

I think the Imagine Dragons were probably the best half time show ever. For this year, I hope they continue in that same vein...artists like Twenty One Pilots, Halsey or if you are looking to go Canadian, the Weeknd would be good choices.

My fear is that because they have waited this long to announce the half time show, that they are struggling to get a name act to perform.
    ----------------------

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Have they announced the half time show?
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post

I believe it gets announced Wednesday.
    Don't care where the talent is born and raised - just put on a good show.
    And maybe because I was there, but my vote goes to Imagine Dragons for best half time show as well.

vCash

I could care less if there are Canadian artists at the half time show. The reality is that there are not enough good Canadian artists out there. I prefer international acts.

I think the Imagine Dragons were probably the best half time show ever. For this year, I hope they continue in that same vein...artists like Twenty One Pilots, Halsey or if you are looking to go Canadian, the Weeknd would be good choices.

My fear is that because they have waited this long to announce the half time show, that they are struggling to get a name act to perform.
    Great suggestions for half time acts. I suspect that the shine for an artist performing at the Grey Cup has worn off and big $ needs to be there to lure any respectable current talent. Considering Universal Music sponsored the Thursday Night Concert Series on TSN, I would guess that the half time act will come from their roster of artists.

Twenty One Pilots do have a new record coming out next month...
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 09-18-2018 at 10:28 AM.

vCash

Great suggestions for half time acts. I suspect that the shine for an artist performing at the Grey Cup has worn off and big $ needs to be there to lure any respectable current talent. Considering Universal Music sponsored the Thursday Night Concert Series on TSN, I would guess that the half time act will come from their roster of artists.

Twenty One Pilots do have a new record coming out next month...
    Finish US tour Nov. 21, then start a tour in Australia on Dec 7. Logistically would be possible. My daughters would lose their sh!t if this was the half time show. However, they are not a Universal Music artist.

Looking back, all half time artists recently have been Universal artists. Halsey, Hozier, The Lumineers and the Weeknd are Univeral Music artists that seem like a possibility. But sadly, so is Nickelback....

Anyways, fun to speculate. Sounds like we'll maybe find out tomorrow.
    ----------------------

vCash
    Blog Entries

And of course nobody complains about the Superbowl halftime show not being an American. It [B]IS[B] the World Championship after all...

Imagine Dragons sucked... Enjoyed Gordon Lightfoot more and that isn't saying much. Could care less if they're Canadian or not, I'm not there for the halftime show so not a really huge deal...I'm there for the football! As long as there's beer and earplugs I'm good to go.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Don't really care what the half time show is, I'll probably be warming up in the concourse anyways
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Don't really care what the half time show is, I'll probably be warming up in the concourse anyways
    Gotta avoid the concourse at half time at all costs. Commonwealth has a very poor set up to deal with a full house like the Grey Cup.
    ----------------------

vCash

Gotta avoid the concourse at half time at all costs. Commonwealth has a very poor set up to deal with a full house like the Grey Cup.
    It's designed for Grey Cups. The more people you pack in there the warmer it is.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Agree with the above on the Imagine Dragons halftime show in BC Place. That wasn’t just a performance, it was an experience.

Whoever it is, I just want an upbeat, blood pumping show. Nothing kills the mojo of a grey cup game like a love ballad or cheesy pop song.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

But sadly, so is Nickelback
    The hellspawn of Hanna
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Apparently announcing half time show at the game on September 29 now.
    ----------------------

vCash

More entertainment info starting to trickle in...

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 09-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.

vCash

More entertainment info starting to trickle in...

So who’s the half-time show?

vCash

who are those fools? (30 yr old i am) you want a younger core fanbase to build? this wont do it.

Rhodes is gonna give a halftime show for the announcement of the grey cup half time show on the Wpg game half time show so you can have a half time show.