Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Grey Cup Etiquette

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    33

    Question Grey Cup Etiquette

    Will be, for my first time, attending the Grey Cup game.
    The inevitable question arises, of what to wear?
    Something weather appropriate - undoubtedly. Can be darn cold that time of year sitting around the stadium here in Ottawa.
    But - do fans wear the colours/gear/garb of their favourite team?
    (In other words, is it appropriate for me to show up in green and gold?)
    I suspect that this is the way it is, but would like to know what others here think and/or have experienced.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,143
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    At Grey Cup you always sport your teams colours no matter who’s playing. It’s a league wide celebration of the CFL.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,524
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Oilers sweater.
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....



    It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,291
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Do you have any Las Vegas Posse gear?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Will be, for my first time, attending the Grey Cup game.
    The inevitable question arises, of what to wear?
    Something weather appropriate - undoubtedly. Can be darn cold that time of year sitting around the stadium here in Ottawa.
    But - do fans wear the colours/gear/garb of their favourite team?
    (In other words, is it appropriate for me to show up in green and gold?)
    I suspect that this is the way it is, but would like to know what others here think and/or have experienced.
    Thank you.
    You can wear your green & gold. It is encouraged.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ab Highway 100
    Posts
    3,140
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Can't see how it matters Mooner, Esks are going to the GC through the east. Mark it down in sharpie.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    754
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronAmongYou View Post
    Can't see how it matters Mooner, Esks are going to the GC through the east. Mark it down in sharpie.
    Like that... a lot!

  8. #8
    couchspud's Avatar
    couchspud is offline Lo siento mi karma ran over your dogma

    2017 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,333
    vCash
    3399
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    My buffalo coat has always served me well, impervious to cold and physical abuse.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,291
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by couchspud View Post
    My buffalo coat has always served me well, impervious to cold and physical abuse.
    Didn't help the buffalo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,329
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Didn't help the buffalo
    Lmfao

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,153
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Bring a Riders and Stamps suck sign.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    61
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Wear the Green and Gold baby! There will be a lot of it there since they will be playing and everyone hates the Stumps.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

    I'll be waiting for you guys in Ottawa for my Grey Cup birthday. November football rocks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    What to wear to the Grey Cup. what to wear?

    Just going to throw this out here. Checked ebay and Esk site, and nothing that either fits me (probably need extra large) or that I like.

    Looking for EE windbreaker or starter jacket, hopefully not too pricey Anyone have one I could buy or borrow to wear to Grey Cup? Or, anyone with a constructive suggestion?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Moon1; 10-27-2017 at 09:12 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,524
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    What to wear to the Grey Cup. what to wear?

    Just going to throw this out here. Checked ebay and Esk site, and nothing that either fits me (probably need extra large) or that I like.

    Looking for EE windbreaker or starter jacket, hopefully not too pricey Anyone have one I could buy or borrow to wear to Grey Cup? Or, anyone with a constructive suggestion?

    Thanks.
    Always try and use galvanized nails in exterior construction.
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....



    It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Always try and use galvanized nails in exterior construction.
    I very much appreciate your humour Pizmo. You definitely have a certain genius for it. In fact, so much so could you please complete the punch line in caption to the following cartoon …? THX

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xJWa77A8OS...lls+a+joke.gif

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,524
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    I very much appreciate your humour Pizmo. You definitely have a certain genius for it. In fact, so much so could you please complete the punch line in caption to the following cartoon …? THX

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xJWa77A8OS...lls+a+joke.gif
    Just quickly.....

    Which one isn't an ABBA fan?

    Which one is Donald Trump's brother?

    Which one had an infinite amount of time to type out Trump's political platform?

    The last two have the same answer.
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....



    It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Just quickly.....

    Which one isn't an ABBA fan?

    Which one is Donald Trump's brother?

    Which one had an infinite amount of time to type out Trump's political platform?

    The last two have the same answer.
    Very good, Piz. Got the last two correct I believe; Pan troglodytes The non-ABBA fan, maybe the incredible violinist Jascha Heifetz? Rep to you for your comic genius.

  18. #18
    couchspud's Avatar
    couchspud is offline Lo siento mi karma ran over your dogma

    2017 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,333
    vCash
    3399
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Just quickly.....

    Which one isn't an ABBA fan?

    Which one is Donald Trump's brother?

    Which one had an infinite amount of time to type out Trump's political platform?

    The last two have the same answer.
    Well done Piz............very gestalt

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    180
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Moon, I have a jacket I can send you if I get your address fairly quickly.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL View Post
    Moon, I have a jacket I can send you if I get your address fairly quickly.
    Hello

    Thank you so VERY much for the hugely generous offer of the jacket.

    What type of jacket is it?

    I did order and receive the following from the Esk Store:

    https://shop.esks.com/collections/me...n-express-hood

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thx

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,824
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    What to wear to the Grey Cup. what to wear?

    Just going to throw this out here. Checked ebay and Esk site, and nothing that either fits me (probably need extra large) or that I like.

    Looking for EE windbreaker or starter jacket, hopefully not too pricey Anyone have one I could buy or borrow to wear to Grey Cup? Or, anyone with a constructive suggestion?

    Thanks.
    You could always get an over-sized Eskimos jersey that is much too big for you and wear it over a heavy winter jacket...I kept mine from when I was much heavier and that works for me when attending games in very cold weather.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    9,346
    vCash
    93885
    Rep Power
    175

    Re: Grey Cup Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    You could always get an over-sized Eskimos jersey that is much too big for you and wear it over a heavy winter jacket...I kept mine from when I was much heavier and that works for me when attending games in very cold weather.
    Yeah, I did that back in the 2002 Cup back in Edmonton... although back in the day, I had a hard time finding one that big
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •