Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: GDT--- Esks V Als

vCash

Re: GDT--- Esks V Als

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie-Lox View Post
    Did I miss something here? He turfed two balls, threw a slant route, a jump ball to Duke, and under threw Walker. The love of Franklin just seems lost on me. Granted he was cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Tad harsh... U will miss him when he's gone...

Dude is built for this league... As we will prob find out to our detriment

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Tad harsh... U will miss him when he's gone...

Dude is built for this league... As we will prob find out to our detriment
    What was harsh? Those were his results. I like the guy personally and think there is a chance he could be a starter. There is equally the chance he could be the next Rakeem Cato. I personally think we should have traded him early in the year when we could have got some defensive pieces. Now we will lose him for nothing.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

What was harsh? Those were his results. I like the guy personally and think there is a chance he could be a starter. There is equally the chance he could be the next Rakeem Cato. I personally think we should have traded him early in the year when we could have got some defensive pieces. Now we will lose him for nothing.
    And if they had traded him & Reilly got hurt, then what? Danny O’Brien or Zach Kline? Couldn’t take that chance.
    He can still be traded prior to FA on February 1st for a draft pick a la Mike Reilly from BC.....

vCash

U said u didn't get the hoopla some have on here for Franklin... I'd say his body of work proves he's a legitimate option given the chance to throw the ball 30-40 times a game...

As for Sunday ( I've not watched a replay yet so I'm going to go off memory ) The first 2 throws were without doubt poor...

I thought the read on the slant was right.. And was a solid throw...
    His td pass was t a jump ball.. He put that to the outside shoulder of duke so the db couldn't break it up.. The ball to walker appeared under thrown.. He was open in the ez he should have had more height

My point was he will be a good qb in this league.. Ur original post I responded to seemed to suggest u were not sold on Franklin. I might have mis read it..

Reilly made a few poor decisions himself Sunday to.. Par the course for qbs

But i really rate franklin

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    And if they had traded him & Reilly got hurt, then what? Danny O’Brien or Zach Kline? Couldn’t take that chance.
    He can still be traded prior to FA on February 1st for a draft pick a la Mike Reilly from BC.....
    Yeah, the truth is we are lucky to have a QB with his talents for his salary - you can't beat it. Better to try to trade him in the off season for a draft pick then give him up now for a rental player. Still games left to play; you never know what could happen with injuries. If something should ever happen to Mike, I believe we can still win with James Franklin.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yeah, the truth is we are lucky to have a QB with his talents for his salary - you can't beat it. Better to try to trade him in the off season for a draft pick then give him up now for a rental player. Still games left to play; you never know what could happen with injuries. If something should ever happen to Mike, I believe we can still win with James Franklin.
    It's not going to happen .. (Because one of the qbs WILL go in the off season and I can't see even Len being brave enough to trade Reilly at this point, )
    But I'd love to re up Franklin with him getting a legitimate shot at starter in camp.. It would be good for both parties.. Mike needs the competition to... Complacency is a career killer...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I was wondering that during the game too. He shouldn't have spiked it; they could have just let the clock run out and kick the FG. It should have been called intentional grounding. IIRC the refs were so surprised that he actually picked up the ball and spiked it again.
    After the play I could see a group of refs talking to each other and was wondering if they were discussing it. I was then looking at the Eskimo bench to see if they were yelling about it. The guys in the booth, as expected had zero to say about it.

vCash

It's not going to happen .. (Because one of the qbs WILL go in the off season and I can't see even Len being brave enough to trade Reilly at this point, )
    But I'd love to re up Franklin with him getting a legitimate shot at starter in camp.. It would be good for both parties.. Mike needs the competition to... Complacency is a career killer...
    umm...I think you misunderstood my statement (or I misunderstood my statement ). I'm fine with keeping Franklin until the end of the season and trading him for some sort of asset before free agency. Franklin will not be an Eskimo next year - I'm sure we all believe that.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    umm...I think you misunderstood my statement (or I misunderstood my statement ). I'm fine with keeping Franklin until the end of the season and trading him for some sort of asset before free agency. Franklin will not be an Eskimo next year - I'm sure we all believe that.
    No I agree with you mate.. I was just saying I hoped Franklin would re sign.. but he’s gonna want to start

vCash

No I agree with you mate.. I was just saying I hoped Franklin would re sign.. but he’s gonna want to start
    He could see the writing on the near future's wall also, and sign a bridge 2-year deal type, with Reilly playing the way he does. MR could possibly transition to the backup in a few years, similar to the Lulay role, and we all know how that went for BC, at least for the start of the year.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

I also agree that Franklin has a high ceiling, but it's rather difficult to tell how high. I'd like to see him play several games in a row where teams get film on him, and then see how he does.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

If he does get to free agency I wonder where he signs...except for Montreal I am thinking he would have similar competition to the current esks situation...unless he thinks he gets the job with the riders hands down ahead of Glenn/Bridge or Hamilton ahead of Collaros/Masoli...he wouldn't voluntarily go to the Lions, Stamps, Bombers, Argos, or RedBlacks would he as he'd probably be in the same situation he's in right now unless he thinks Ray doesn't stick around for much longer.
    Last edited by adb; 10-11-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

would u trade Franklin for Brandon Bridge?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    If he does get to free agency I wonder where he signs...except for Montreal I am thinking he would have similar competition to the current esks situation...unless he thinks he gets the job with the riders hands down ahead of Glenn/Bridge or Hamilton ahead of Collaros/Masoli...he wouldn't voluntarily go to the Lions, Stamps, Bombers, or RedBlacks would he as he'd probably be in the same situation he's in right now unless he thinks Ray doesn't stick around for much longer.
    I think he has a better shot at competing for a starting job in Sask, Montreal, Hamilton, BC, & Toronto though than he does staying in Esks land. If he wants to start next year those are his best chances. Reilly is on pace for almost 6,000 yards this year and I don’t think Sunderland wants to be attached to a potential situation where you lose a proven franchise guy like Reilly for an unproven guy that could falter. He would be called Tillman 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Oh that is tough. Bridge has shown consistently he can ball out and is Canadian. I am a big fan of Bridge and hope he continues to have success in the league. I think you would have to check the salaries etc before pulling the trigger on that trade.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

Bridge's weakness til now was his accuracy. The way he is playing the last two games it makes you wonder why they could not work with him in Mtl. Calvillo should know talent , or maybe he tried to make a robot out of Bridge when he is at his best when he can move around and extend plays. Sask is letting him show his athletic ability.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Bridge's weakness til now was his accuracy. The way he is playing the last two games it makes you wonder why they could not work with him in Mtl. Calvillo should know talent , or maybe he tried to make a robot out of Bridge when he is at his best when he can move around and extend plays. Sask is letting him show his athletic ability.
    I think it might be McAdoo’s system. We won a Grey Cup with it because it caters to a QB that can make decisions on the fly and take off to extend plays/pick up first downs. Calvillo may have been trying to fit a square peg in a circle hole.

vCash

Of our 8 wins, 2 have come against each of BC, Ottawa, Hamilton & Montreal, all under .500 this season. Ottawa is the only team that will make the playoffs!
    It’s time to start beating teams with a winning record in our remaining games—Saskatchewan & Calgary, while at the same time beating TO & BC.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudnyereye View Post
    Franklin had been warming up on the sidelines since the start of the second half. Playing catch with Reilly a lot while the defence was out and with some ST guys when the offence was out.
    Closer to what cmbuk said, and also meant as a Thanksgiving pun

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Of our 8 wins, 2 have come against each of BC, Ottawa, Hamilton & Montreal, all under .500 this season. Ottawa is the only team that will make the playoffs!
    It’s time to start beating teams with a winning record in our remaining games—Saskatchewan & Calgary, while at the same time beating TO & BC.
    Yup, that's a major concern to me. We can't beat the better teams in the league this year, have to beat the weaklings in the league.
    That's not a good thing.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I would yes but I don't think the riders would...and I wouldn't if I were them...maybe a second round pick...he has similar value to what Reilly had when we got him from the Lions IMO...both the Argos and the Als overpaid for Willy and Adams respectively and I don't see Chris Jones making the same mistake...anyone recall what Jones had to give up to get Bridge and Adams out of Montreal?
    Last edited by adb; 10-11-2017 at 09:38 AM.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Yeah, he looked good, but let's not forget the weather conditions were significantly better when he came in and the defense was balling in the 4th quarter getting him nice field position. The first half, Reilly engineered the comeback in basically a monsoon with average to poor field position.

That said, the evidence is pointing more and more to the idea of him being successful wherever he ends up next year unless there is an administrative gong show wherever that is (i.e. Montreal).
    Also, consider that Gable was having success against a defence that had the wind taken out of their sails by a struggling offence around that point. The run success bought him a lot more time.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

I'll be waiting for you guys in Ottawa for my Grey Cup birthday. November football rocks.

vCash

Gable had an average carry of 4.8 yards before the wind was taken out of sails and 5.4 yards after the wind stopped. There was run success when Reilly was in there too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Gable had an average carry of 4.8 yards before the wind was taken out of sails and 5.4 yards after the wind stopped. There was run success when Reilly was in there too.
    Gable has a Troy Davis like debut...

More than happy..

vCash

I would if having Brandon Bridge allowed for use in the ratio but that's no the case right now. They might as well both be Americans...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I would if having Brandon Bridge allowed for use in the ratio but that's no the case right now. They might as well both be Americans...
    How long do you think until the league changes this rule?

vCash

How long do you think until the league changes this rule?
    After years of inaction...now that the greenwhites have a Canadian QB, it'll happen this off-season.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

After years of inaction...now that the greenwhites have a Canadian QB, it'll happen this off-season.
    Lol I laughed! But it’s ****ing so true

vCash
    Blog Entries

I've been beating the drum for this for years...I should have known that all it would have taken for it to become a reality was for it to show up as an advantage for those @$$h@t$.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    It's sad and bloody embarrassing the league hasn't already done something about it. But like Glen said...now that the Riders have one..you can bet it's gonna happen soon.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on