Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West SF 2017 Discussion

vCash

Discussion West SF 2017 Discussion

I know BC sucks.., but after watching Ray and Wilder disect every part of that defence, the Argos showed how good of a team they are right now. Their overall record doesnít matter... next to us, they were the best team down the stretch.

Going into Ottawa first, after they had a crazy season, with 2 bye weeks in the final 3 weeks, is going to be tough.

Staying out East for what could be 11-12 days, isnít easy.

Hereís whatís easier.... staying out West.

Weíre the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs. Everyone always preaches that you need to be good in October, to succeed in November. We went undefeated.

Winnipeg is still unsure about the availability of Nichols. Harris, hasnít missed a game all year, and isnít at 100%. Their defence is depleted since weíve seen them last. Theyíre ripe for the taking.

Letís not even get to Calgary yet... one week at a time.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Re: West SF Disussion

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I know BC sucks.., but after watching Ray and Wilder disect every part of that defence, the Argos showed how good of a team they are right now. Their overall record doesn’t matter... next to us, they were the best team down the stretch.

Going into Ottawa first, after they had a crazy season, with 2 bye weeks in the final 3 weeks, is going to be tough.

Staying out East for what could be 11-12 days, isn’t easy.

Here’s what’s easier.... staying out West.

We’re the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs. Everyone always preaches that you need to be good in October, to succeed in November. We went undefeated.

Winnipeg is still unsure about the availability of Nichols. Harris, hasn’t missed a game all year, and isn’t at 100%. Their defence is depleted since we’ve seen them last. They’re ripe for the taking.

Let’s not even get to Calgary yet... one week at a time.
    My feelings exactly. Both Winnipeg and Calgary have struggled playing fall football. When you factor in the time change, travel and by weeks for both Ottawa and Toronto. The best path is through our own division.

My prediction for the GC: Edmonton vs Toronto

vCash

I am afraid to make a GC prediction (jinx)...

But I will echo Section N; I like our chances out West. Toronto surprised me last night at BC. Going back east for a week or so would be tough to do.

Lets go Esks. Hottest team in the CFL now, but that means nothing unless they step it up even more.

vCash

After seeing Calgary and Winnipeg of late I started thinking I don’t want the Eskimos facing a healthy Ricky Ray.

I’m happy where we stand, I’m not even convinced Nichols will be back next week. And Calgary hasn’t won since October.

And really, in regards to Calgary, the Stamps were totally outplayed by Hamilton at the start of October and had no right winning by 3 points, so in reality they haven’t played well since September.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I was listening to the Cryder post-game show last night & one of the panelists said that he had heard from a friend in Winnipeg who is close to the Bumblers that the calf injury to Nichols is more serious than they’re letting on. Apparently he may not be ready to go on Sunday.
    That would be a shame!

vCash

Toronto is the team I'd rather avoid as long as possible.

vCash

I have been saying for weeks now that I wanted to go through the West. There are a vast number of reasons but the top 3...in no particular order...are Ricky Ray, SJ Green, and James Wilder Jr.

And as everyone else has said....both Winny and Calgary are not playing good football right now. Calgary's defense scares me still but there is no reason we can't walk into Winnipeg and walk out with the W.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Has Toronto even lost a game since we beat them with that last-minute touchdown back on the 14th?
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Has Toronto even lost a game since we beat them with that last-minute touchdown back on the 14th?
    They’ve won both games since that loss in week 17. A 29-28 win over Winnipeg in week 18 and last night’s win over BC for week 20. They had the bye in week 19.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

I want the Esks to stay West simply because they are a Western team and they should stay West. I'll always feel that way. No Western team has gone crossover to the GC. There are very good reasons for that.
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I was listening to the Cryder post-game show last night & one of the panelists said that he had heard from a friend in Winnipeg who is close to the Bumblers that the calf injury to Nichols is more serious than they’re letting on. Apparently he may not be ready to go on Sunday.
    That would be a shame!
    His injury is worse than they are letting on, he went straight to street clothes in the game he was injured in.

If it was only a minor calf injury he would have played the last game of the season, that was a must win game for the Bombers.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1949 View Post
    I want the Esks to stay West simply because they are a Western team and they should stay West. I'll always feel that way. No Western team has gone crossover to the GC. There are very good reasons for that.
    I want the Eskimos Eastern Division Champion hat someday.

There is very good reason for the crossover. Prior to this weekend it was possible the West’s fourth place team could have had a better record than 1-2 in the East.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    His injury is worse than they are letting on, he went straight to street clothes in the game he was injured in.

If it was only a minor calf injury he would have played the last game of the season, that was a must win game for the Bombers.
    I thought MOS said Nichols would sit out the last game of the season so that he could get rested for the playoffs, no?
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1949 View Post
    The reason is that it's hard to win twice in a row on the road. Nothing more than that.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    The reason is that it's hard to win twice in a row on the road. Nothing more than that.
    I figured you would have to bring logic into it but the conspiracist's hat fits so well for a lot of fans.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

In his short time here, Grymes has sure brought some big hits.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post

Non contact injuries are typically pretty serious. Theses are professional football players, they are used to playing with pain, so when a non contact injury takes you out of a game we're not talking about a tweak or slight strain.

We may see Nichols play on Sunday, but it is going to be akin to Reilly playing in the 2014 WF (shot up with painkillers and playing on one leg).
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

I'm just looking forward to this game on Sunday now. I don't think this week can go by fast enough!

vCash

Good for the Esks to finish 3rd. It was looking pretty bleak there for a bit and I thought maybe 9-9 was what they'd end up with so 12-6 is damn good. You want to be playing good football going to the playoffs and they are.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Good for the Esks to finish 3rd. It was looking pretty bleak there for a bit and I thought maybe 9-9 was what they'd end up with so 12-6 is damn good. You want to be playing good football going to the playoffs and they are.
    12 and 6 is even better when you consider that it means that the Eskimos finished the regular season with only one fewer win than the Stampeders.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    I thought MOS said Nichols would sit out the last game of the season so that he could get rested for the playoffs, no?
    MOS said that & there is likely sone truth to that. Doesnít mean itís the complete truth. Happens all the time.

vCash

Good thing the CFL doesn't want to move the season up. Beginning of November, hardcore winter is already here which is a bit early but all those tough Canadian football fans were still filling the seats in the final week. Oh wait a min. Even the team with the most hardcore fans - the Riders - had squat in the stands on a cold, miserable night. Not even hardcore Riders fans like sitting out for 3.5 hrs in miserable conditions.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Good thing the CFL doesn't want to move the season up. Beginning of November, hardcore winter is already here which is a bit early but all those tough Canadian football fans were still filling the seats in the final week. Oh wait a min. Even the team with the most hardcore fans - the Riders - had squat in the stands on a cold, miserable night. Not even hardcore Riders fans like sitting out for 3.5 hrs in miserable conditions.
    With the extra bye next year, you'd think they have to be moving the start up at least a week or two.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    With the extra bye next year, you'd think they have to be moving the start up at least a week or two.
    This is the CFL here so I wouldn't count on them doing anything remotely logical. We are a winter country and our football league who all except one franchise, have open air stadiums thinks its a great idea to have the championship game - your show case game - at the end of November when the HUGE majority of the years the weather is really cold snowy and miserable. So when you have your biggest TV audience watching your product, you'd think you'd want people to see a game where the 2 teams can play at their best, with a full stadium where all the fans seem to be enjoying themselves. Nah, lets play when the weather is miserable, the players are freezing, it's hard to catch the ball, it's hard to keep your footing and the football is lousy. Then scan the crowd to see people freezing, not wanting to move, wearing every piece of clothing they own. Boy, that makes a casual fan really want to go see it live.

They also can't figure out that when you only have 9 teams, it would be better just to have 1 divisions and have the top 6 teams make the playoffs. It's a joke that a .500 team gets a bye and host a playoff game when in the other division, the 3rd place team is 12-6.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 11-06-2017 at 03:25 PM.

vCash

I’d really like to see Geebrr and Macavity stick their heads in here at some point this week. I enjoy their insight and they’re great Bomber fans.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

It's the time of the year to start paying attention to the details like how to spell discussion.

vCash

Who cares about Nicholls health, just worry about stopping Andrew Harris.
    Winnipeg was the second lowest for passing yards in the league, but the top rushing team. Of their low passing yardage Harris had 17.5% of the yards, most of which coming after the catch.

Last two times we played Harris:
    105 yrds rushing; 120 yrds recieving (84 YAC)
    54 yrds rushing; 81 yrds receiving (76 YAC)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    Who cares about Nicholls health, just worry about stopping Andrew Harris.
    Winnipeg was the second lowest for passing yards in the league, but the top rushing team. Of their low passing yardage Harris had 17.5% of the yards, most of which coming after the catch.

Last two times we played Harris:
    105 yrds rushing; 120 yrds recieving (84 YAC)
    54 yrds rushing; 81 yrds receiving (76 YAC)
    If we use that big gap Dline setup we used against Regina , Harris will kill us. There were bigger lanes out there that the 401 highway. There is a lot of talent on the Dline, don't handcuff them with a weird alignment.