Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Hervey Named BC Lions GM

vCash
    Blog Entries

Hot Ed Hervey Named BC Lions GM

Deserves its own thread.

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Re: Ed Hervey Named BC Lions GM

Those color look so wrong on him. FU Rhodent.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Deserves its own thread.

Looks as bad in Orange as Geroy looked in Green.

vCash

Good for BC. I'm glad one organization is smart enough to recognize his talent.

vCash

So do the Lions win all the games next year against the Esks or can the Esks squeak out at least one game?

That guy should be the Esks GM, then eventually moved up to their president after he personally groomed his successor. I was pissed when he was fired and still am.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I'm happy that a very good football man has found a new home. I wish Ed nothing but the best. There will certainly be challenges in BC, especially for that first year.
    Congrats Ed!!!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

DP
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Sent a nice Tweet to Rhodes....

vCash

Good for him. I didn't have anything with the travesty of his firing. BOD pieces of **** decided to pick him over Rhodent. This whole thing is ****.

Those colours look so wrong on him. David Braley is smart. I was hoping Ed would go to Montreal. Smart of Braley to get him now.
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash

Mixed emotions here: Happy for Ed. More furious than ever with Rhodent. Relieved Swerve didn't end up in Sask.. Glad it ended up being with my 2nd favourite CFL team but not thrilled that it's a West Division team and therefore a better opportunity for EH to come back and haunt the Eskimos.

vCash

Like most on here, happy for Ed, but not happy he's not with the Esks anymore. Stupid Rhodes!

vCash

Seemed like something was getting telegraphed on gregors last show with him. Good for him - he was always a solid guy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Sent a nice Tweet to Rhodes....
    Did he response by sending you the list of one hit wonders he has lined up for half time next year?

I wonder if Buono asked Hervey his opinion on access? I bet it never came up.
    I wonder if Buono used the words "winning is not enough" when asking Hervey about how he would run the team? I bet it never came up.

Prediction. Lions go into Edmonton and win the Cup. As he is walking across the field heading towards the stage after winning the cup, Hervey fingers the box where Rhodes and the BOG are watching from.

vCash

Wally's still coaching the team. Jennings still may be the QB there.
    This isn't a better Lions team overnight. It'll take time to turn it around. Won't happen in one season. Bringing Hervey in is a very good start though.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1949 View Post
    Good for him. I didn't have anything with the travesty of his firing. BOD pieces of **** decided to pick him over Rhodent. This whole thing is ****.

Those colours look so wrong on him. David Braley is smart. I was hoping Ed would go to Montreal. Smart of Braley to get him now.
    The owner meddles too much in Montreal. Wasn't a good fit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Wally's still coaching the team. Jennings still may be the QB there.
    This isn't a better Lions team overnight. It'll take time to turn it around. Won't happen in one season. Bringing Hervey in is a very good start though.
    They will be knocking on the door in 2 seasons. Ed has a lot more to work with in BC than the complete and utter sh*t show that he inherited when they fired Uncle Pervie
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Moves like this is why Buono is going to the HOF.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    The owner meddles too much in Montreal. Wasn't a good fit

- - - Updated - - -

They will be knocking on the door in 2 seasons. Ed has a lot more to work with in BC than the complete and utter sh*t show that he inherited when they fired Uncle Pervie
    Certainly. Many had BC picked as a top two team in the West this year, but the Jennings injury, then subsequent Lulay injury while Jennings was regaining form just unraveled their season. Remember how Toronot finished last year? Pretty much the same as they rode a long losing streak into the end of the year. Changed GM and coach, but not much else, next year they win the cup after stabilizing after a 4-7 start then reeling off a 7-2 finish.

Granted BC is retaining their coach, but one of the best coaches in history who will no longer need to focus on GM duties this year. I wouldn't rule out a one year turnaround. They don't need a house cleaning ala Riders two years ago or Montreal this year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Certainly. Many had BC picked as a top two team in the West this year, but the Jennings injury, then subsequent Lulay injury while Jennings was regaining form just unraveled their season. Remember how Toronot finished last year? Pretty much the same as they rode a long losing streak into the end of the year. Changed GM and coach, but not much else, next year they win the cup after stabilizing after a 4-7 start then reeling off a 7-2 finish.

Granted BC is retaining their coach, but one of the best coaches in history who will no longer need to focus on GM duties this year. I wouldn't rule out a one year turnaround. They don't need a house cleaning ala Riders two years ago or Montreal this year.

Exactly how i feel.
    2015 EsksFans CFL Pool Winner

vCash

Good for Swerve....bad for us.

BC has a lot of talent there...i feel last year was a bit of an anomaly and they will be right back next year. Only now with Ed at the helm...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Good for Swerve....bad for us.

BC has a lot of talent there...i feel last year was a bit of an anomaly and they will be right back next year. Only now with Ed at the helm...
    Their Oline was brutal, if they can shore that up, they will be considerably better.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Ugh. Knew this was coming, just didn’t know where. Congrats Ed! And now I agree with the rest of you, with Ed now back in the leagues mix, we’ll find out what Sunderland can accomplish.

vCash

Poetic justice if Ed can get the Leos to the GC and win it at Rhodent's party
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Poetic justice if Ed can get the Leos to the GC and win it at Rhodent's party
    haha... I'd prefer us there... but that would be funny.

vCash

Smart for BC. Buono is a good steward of that franchise. Gives up the GM role as the window to hire a talented manager was there. Then Buono agrees to come back and coach.

Good for Hervey. Gets to work out of the west coast, close to his home and traditional scouting areas. Gets the GM chair, and a chance to prove any doubters wrong by rebuilding that franchise. BC treated Buono good after taking him from Calgary... Hervey could have a position for life.

Sucks for Eskimos fans- cheated out of a great manager who should have been here as long as he wanted. We now even lose the fantasy of Hervey being brought back after a change in President.

Conspiracy theory - Maas' contract runs out after this year, and I could him scape goated for a bad season, and then following Hervey to BC; replacing Buono for 2019.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Their Oline was brutal, if they can shore that up, they will be considerably better.
    Exactly, Jennings was always feeling the heat. Maybe Groulx might be a target for them.

vCash

So glad for Ed. He deserved better than he got here at the end from the media and management. It's great for him to get another chance.

Bad for us...but sometimes good news for good people trumps bad news for the team.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    So glad for Ed. He deserved better than he got here at the end from the media and management. It's great for him to get another chance.

Bad for us...but sometimes good news for good people trumps bad news for the team.
    Well said, glen.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post

Please find an alternative word.
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....

It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Exactly, Jennings was always feeling the heat. Maybe Groulx might be a target for them.
    Figeroa
    - Dan Kepley