Thread: Warren Moon is the next celebrity accused of sexual harassment.

vCash

Article Warren Moon is the next celebrity accused of sexual harassment.

http://www.tsn.ca/1.936745.1512605074

And the celebrity allegations keep coming. I hope its not true.

vCash

Re: Warren Moon is the next celebrity accused of sexual harassment.

This may sound bad but not totally shocked.

When he was in Edmonton I heard that he abused his wife as well. That was a rumour I’d heard anyways.

vCash

I have a feeling over the next couple years a lot of damning stuff is gonna come out about a lot of people's heroes. Not painting everyone with a broad stroke, but we've all (most of us have) seen crap. It certainly exists.
    I have no respect for those that do this crap. Hoping the stories about Moon are inaccurate, but...
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 12-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

I shake my head in disbelief. It's all I can do.
    Ready is not a state of mind or a state of being - - Ready is a state of doing!

Twitter: @Mr_Len

vCash

Damn, damn and damn.

A very sad day for me.

Need to search my heart to decide what to do with my "name" on this site, as well as the autographed Moon jersey that I have bravely ad proudly worn to Ottawa games.

Last edited by Moon1; 12-07-2017 at 09:21 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Damn, damn and damn.

A very sad day for me.

Need to search my heart to decide what to do with my "name" on this site, as well as the autographed Moon jersey that I have bravely ad proudly worn to Ottawa games.

Why don't you do the un-2017 thing and wait to find out if he's guilty or not. If so, then change your name and get a new jersey. Everyone needs a new jersey every now and again.

I'd say this, though. If what she alleges is true, he's a sick mofo. Take him out back.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

On one hand, we have to be careful of knee jerk reactions as our society should still follow the rule of "innocent until proven guilty". Some of these stories may turn out to be false negatives. Unfortunately, though, most will not.

On the other hand, I think sexual assault/harassment/misconduct is unfortunately far too common, and too many people, men and women, have suffered in silence and fear for far too long. It's good that more people are speaking out that this kind of behavior is unacceptable and the people that do it should face the consequences. It may mean fallen heroes turning into villains in the short term, but hopefully it brings about a new generation of real heroes, and more people that treat each other with respect.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Why don't you do the un-2017 thing and wait to find out if he's guilty or not.
    This.

If you're a person who truly has used your power to be a manipulator, abuser, and all-around sicko, then yes, you should be locked up and the key thrown away. But I do worry about the very real potential for the #metoo movement to be exploited by someone(s) looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

I await the response from Warren Moon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    On one hand, we have to be careful of knee jerk reactions as our society should still follow the rule of "innocent until proven guilty". Some of these stories may turn out to be false negatives. Unfortunately, though, most will not.

On the other hand, I think sexual assault/harassment/misconduct is unfortunately far too common, and too many people, men and women, have suffered in silence and fear for far too long. It's good that more people are speaking out that this kind of behavior is unacceptable and the people that do it should face the consequences. It may mean fallen heroes turning into villains in the short term, but hopefully it brings about a new generation of real heroes, and more people that treat each other with respect.
    X2
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Damn, damn and damn.

A very sad day for me.

I echo your sentiments as I guess I may be changing my avatar...it's tough when someone you consider a hero from your childhood falls from grace...I read the story and while I understand that everyone is innocent until proven guilty the details provided by the alleged victim are pretty detailed and the fact that she was willing to have her name published and suffer all of the attention that goes with it is pretty telling.
    RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

I think we have to wait and see what becomes of this first before we cast judgement.

Please, please don't take what I'm about to say as any endorsement of abuse of any kind. But when I read the story what I read is the women says that Warren required or demanded that she wear sexy lingerie to bed and that they share the same bed when on biusness trips. So what is she saying, yes she slept with him and yes she wore the lingerie in compliance. I scratch my head when I read this as does my wife. Like come on women, walk out of there, don't go on the trips. I have to wonder about the situation here some what yah know.
    Edmonton Eskimos.
    Western Division 1st place: 231953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2015
    Western Division Champions: 231952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1960, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2015
    Grey Cup championships: 141954, 1955, 1956, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005 and 2015

vCash

Been trying to follow this story, but there does not appear to be much out there. Did find this though:

"Warren Moon has yet to be served with the lawsuit filed by Wendy Haskell, but he is aware of the claims contained in it. Mr. Moon denies the claims by Ms. Haskell. Mr. Moon contends these claims are meritless, and he has every intention to vigorously defend himself in court".

SO - vigorous denial

vCash

Seems like they should be able to get to the bottom of a lot of these claims by talking to other members of the company etc about the e-mails and expectations etc.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post

When he was in Edmonton I heard that he abused his wife as well. That was a rumour I’d heard anyways.
    Have you read the book he wrote?
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Have you read the book he wrote?
    Have not. Like I said,it was a rumour so I didn’t take it for much more than that.

I do hope it’s not true because I look up to Moon. Hell of a player.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

As the adage goes, be sure your sins will find you out.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

When Bill Clinton was the US President in the 90s, he was found to be a sexual predator and yet he was NOT disgraced or run out of office by the US congress, media, public, or women's groups. Did this lead to a belief by some that this kind of behavior was OK?

I was shocked that Bill Clinton was given a pass on the above behaviour but by the time his wife Hillary ,who is an enabler for Bill, was a candidate for the Presidency, I was no longer surprised and I am not surprised at all the celebs and men in positions of power who use and abuse that power over women.

There are too many in positions of power who lack a moral compass and put their personal or political interests ahead of doing what is in the public interest.
    Long time Lions fan

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    When Bill Clinton was the US President in the 90s, he was found to be a sexual predator and yet he was NOT disgraced or run out of office by the US congress, media, public, or women's groups. Did this lead to a belief by some that this kind of behavior was OK?

I was shocked that Bill Clinton was given a pass on the above behaviour but by the time his wife Hillary ,who is an enabler for Bill, was a candidate for the Presidency, I was no longer surprised and I am not surprised at all the celebs and men in positions of power who use and abuse that power over women.

There are too many in positions of power who lack a moral compass and put their personal or political interests ahead of doing what is in the public interest.
    This whole post is full of flaws, the major one being that everyone knows a BJ is not sex.
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....

It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

vCash

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.............. no surprises here other than the fact that if you are in a more "liberal" camp you tend to be less vilified by the press and other politically correct dimensions of society. Still.... wrong is wrong, and until these people are dealt with harshly and made an example of this crap will continue to exist and more people (women AND men) will fall victims to these egocentric vultures.
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

He was a cheater who lied to a grand jury about his cheating. Sexual predator?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

If you use the word "adult" as a verb it is a very good indication that you are, in fact, not an adult.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    He was a cheater who lied to a grand jury about his cheating. Sexual predator?
    He did not lie.

http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showth...034#post836034
    Metaphysical Thought:
    Prunes are dehydrated plums...
    Therefore, Prune Juice does not exist....

It`s been scientifically proven that 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.