Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 1999

Thread: Around the CFL - 2018

  1. #1951
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I have never been more interested in seeing what happens in an off-season in the CFL. The teams could look so different going into 2019...
    Yes. Hoping they get the CBA resolved early so that things can happen.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  2. #1952
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,868
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I have never been more interested in seeing what happens in an off-season in the CFL. The teams could look so different going into 2019...
    My totally uninformed prediction: the teams will look close to what they do now.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  3. #1953
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On away game nights: on the couch.
    Posts
    2,054
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    My totally uninformed prediction: the teams will look close to what they do now.
    GO ESKS GO!

  4. #1954
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  5. #1955
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Still easier to understand than some of Proulx's calls
    In Rod we trust

  6. #1956
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,460
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    311

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    lucky 3
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

  7. #1957
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    6,929
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Jennings has let BC know he will be pursuing free agency...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

  8. #1958
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Jennings has let BC know he will be pursuing free agency...
    I have a feeling Ed Hervey previously let him know that would be in his best interests.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  9. #1959
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,868
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    He may well have. He probably didn't have to.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  10. #1960
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,465
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    He may well have. He probably didn't have to.
    This way he gets to leave with his pride .. fair do’s

  11. #1961
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  12. #1962
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    6,929
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quite a few signings today from BC & Winnipeg.
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

  13. #1963
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,981
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    254

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Quite a few signings today from BC & Winnipeg.
    Good signings for the Bombers. Two all star Olineman returning. "Who da thunk" that if you use import OT's that they should be good ones. Seems like a good move, wonder if some other teams might eventually try to do the same thing.

  14. #1964
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,460
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    311

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Good signings for the Bombers. Two all star Olineman returning. "Who da thunk" that if you use import OT's that they should be good ones. Seems like a good move, wonder if some other teams might eventually try to do the same thing.
    It becomes you.
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

  15. #1965
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

    Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    You tell me?
    Posts
    38,127
    vCash
    332
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018


    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

  16. #1966
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

    Wow! That is very interesting. Would certainly like to hear more details/confirmation when they come out.



    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  17. #1967
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,465
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

    What kind of harrassment?

    Weird stuff

  18. #1968
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

    Womp womp

    - - - Updated - - -

    Have we re-signed anyone yet?
    In Rod we trust

  19. #1969
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,229
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

    That reads really weird. Why would harassment charges be made to the club instead of the police, unless he's been harassing his players.

  20. #1970
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,247
    vCash
    1482
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post

    Wonder if these particular complaints are workplace-related (ie. being an a$$) or while out and about.
    If the latter, that’s not a surprise.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 11-29-2018 at 01:31 PM.

  21. #1971
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    This twitter account only has 53 tweets (technically only 1 tweet and 52 retweets)

    Nobody else on the internet reporting this, so I will give Jones the benefit of the doubt.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  22. #1972
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    This twitter account only has 53 tweets (technically only 1 tweet and 52 retweets)

    Nobody else on the internet reporting this, so I will give Jones the benefit of the doubt.
    Yeah you do that Hugo, I always suspected you were a closer Rider fan.

    He's a witch! burn him!
    In Rod we trust

  23. #1973
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Yeah you do that Hugo, I always suspected you were a closer Rider fan.

    He's a witch! burn him!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  24. #1974
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,460
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    311

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Yeah you do that Hugo, I always suspected you were a closet Rider fan.

    He's a witch! burn him!
    Fixed. So you say Hugo coming out of the closet? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

  25. #1975
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Fixed. So you say Hugo coming out of the closet? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    There's alot wrong with that! I always thought Hugo was one of us but to find out he has Elgaard and Ridgeway jerseys in his closet....
    In Rod we trust

  26. #1976
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    There's alot wrong with that! I always thought Hugo was one of us but to find out he has Elgaard and Ridgeway jerseys in his closet....
    No Rider jerseys, and eight Eskimo jerseys. I would say the strangest jersey I have in my closet is a #4 Kerry Joseph Ottawa Renegades home uni. (long story )
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  27. #1977
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,301
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    No Rider jerseys, and eight Eskimo jerseys. I would say the strangest jersey I have in my closet is a #4 Kerry Joseph Ottawa Renegades home uni. (long story )
    well it is the offseason so......

  28. #1978
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    No Rider jerseys, and eight Eskimo jerseys. I would say the strangest jersey I have in my closet is a #4 Kerry Joseph Ottawa Renegades home uni. (long story )
    You know I'm just teasing you right? Ok good.

    Ok eight eskimos jerseys tell me which ones I'll tell you the ones my wife and I have had through the years

    Her- Braidwood, Whitlock, Stamps
    Me - Kamau Peterson

    She was like a jinx with players getting cut or arrested after she got their jersey so now we have custom ones mine say together 20 hers says since 03 because I always sit on her left so when put together they read together since 2003.
    In Rod we trust

  29. #1979
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,959
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    430

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    You know I'm just teasing you right? Ok good.

    Ok eight eskimos jerseys tell me which ones I'll tell you the ones my wife and I have had through the years

    Her- Braidwood, Whitlock, Stamps
    Me - Kamau Peterson

    She was like a jinx with players getting cut or arrested after she got their jersey so now we have custom ones mine say together 20 hers says since 03 because I always sit on her left so when put together they read together since 2003.
    Blank from 2002, Ricky Ray, Terry Vaughn, Mike Reilly, Adarius Bowman, Almondo Sewell, Kenny Stafford, and my favourite - a retro Joe Hollimon
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  30. #1980
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Around the CFL - 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Blank from 2002, Ricky Ray, Terry Vaughn, Mike Reilly, Adarius Bowman, Almondo Sewell, Kenny Stafford, and my favourite - a retro Joe Hollimon

    oooh nice
    In Rod we trust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •