Thread: Really silly question re: this site.

vCash

Ask Really silly question re: this site.

When one goes to the home page of Esksfans the middle of the screen is dominated by a section entitled "LATEST NEWS". The most recent entry is a more than 2 year old flash from November 2015 covering the GC win followed by a 2014 thing regarding Odell Willis, a 2013 blurb on Reilly vs Nicholls and a 2012 "newsflash" on the dismissal of Tillman. Is it possible there's been more recent "Latest News" since 2015?

vCash

Re: Really silly question re: this site.

Nope. The latest news is all fake.
    By previously legalizing same-sex marriage and now Marijuana, Canada has finally interpreted the bible correctly:

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with another man he should be stoned.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    When one goes to the home page of Esksfans the middle of the screen is dominated by a section entitled "LATEST NEWS". The most recent entry is a more than 2 year old flash from November 2015 covering the GC win followed by a 2014 thing regarding Odell Willis, a 2013 blurb on Reilly vs Nicholls and a 2012 "newsflash" on the dismissal of Tillman. Is it possible there's been more recent "Latest News" since 2015?
    Are you volunteering to write content on a routine basis to keep the Latest News section updated?
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

If we were a hockey site, we could go with a static front page that said:
    "Oilers suck; Management doesn't have a clue"
    That should be good and current for a few years!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'm actually grateful for this site as it gives me a somewhat healthy outlet for one of my passions which is all things Edmonton Eskimos. It would be great if there was more content but I much prefer quality (and the reasonableness and sensibility displayed by the vast majority of posters) over quantity which is why this web site is far superior to many other similar content sites where it is much more difficult to pick out the intelligent or even somewhat reasonable points of view.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

I am in agreement with adb , just grateful for what it is, understand if someone wants to pitch in to make it greater. Sadly that someone cannot be me. 😕

vCash

Thanks for asking.
    Perhaps the simplest thing would be for the title "Latest News" to be dropped ….

No criticisms at all of this site from me. It is essentially for free (although one may make a donation towards maintaining it), and has over the last 10 years made me an infinitely better Esks fan.

Perhaps though since we are asking questions, there is a pic on the homepage with someone holding up a sign saying "We Win". Pic looks ancient. What is the history behind that?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Are you volunteering to write content on a routine basis to keep the Latest News section updated?
    I wasn't intending my question to be a criticism because I quite enjoy my visits here and occasionally adding to the conversation. It was merely an observation. You probably wouldn't care for my BC Lion focused content anyways.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Thanks for asking.
    Perhaps the simplest thing would be for the title "Latest News" to be dropped ….

No criticisms at all of this site from me. It is essentially for free (although one may make a donation towards maintaining it), and has over the last 10 years made me an infinitely better Esks fan.

Perhaps though since we are asking questions, there is a pic on the homepage with someone holding up a sign saying "We Win". Pic looks ancient. What is the history behind that?
    That pic was celebrating the firing of Eric Sitterhands as GM a few years back....

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    I wasn't intending my question to be a criticism because I quite enjoy my visits here and occasionally adding to the conversation. It was merely an observation. You probably wouldn't care for my BC Lion focused content anyways.
    If it's reasonably presented I personally enjoy most of the content including posts from regular contributors that are sometimes WBB and Als focused...not so much from the Stamps contributor who only seems to post when his team is winning or the esks are losing...and loves starting should Jason Maas be fired polls.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

What about a "fan article" typed thingy. A brief article each week/month on how involvement with a player/the team has had an impact on their life going beyond sport/the game? We have such an awesome alumni I'm sure there would be a bucket of folks willing to take a stab at that..... so to speak. The mods could "panel review" articles submitted should they feel the need and fans will get a chance to "go deep" with their personal experiences with members of the team.

Just a thought.............
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

It appears the historical context of that photo is that it appeared in the "Brooklyn Eagle" newspaper circa the 1940s or '50s. It was celebrating one of the pennant wins of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Angelus used the version of the photo with the paper's name whited out. The edited photo was used originally in the credits for the TV show "Cheers."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KristjanCFL View Post
    It appears the historical context of that photo is that it appeared in the "Brooklyn Eagle" newspaper circa the 1940s or '50s. It was celebrating one of the pennant wins of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Angelus used the version of the photo with the paper's name whited out. The edited photo was used originally in the credits for the TV show "Cheers."
    ok
    thank you