Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLB 2018

vCash

Re: MLB 2018

Atlanta Braves have a Canadian starting pitcher that could be a candidate for rookie of the year. Mike Soroka now is 4 - 1 with an ERA of 0.98 . Pitched 36 innings , with 23 hits and 34 SO vs 14 BB and given up 0 HR's.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Atlanta Braves have a Canadian starting pitcher that could be a candidate for rookie of the year. Mike Soroka now is 4 - 1 with an ERA of 0.98 . Pitched 36 innings , with 23 hits and 34 SO vs 14 BB and given up 0 HR's.
    Yes, he's been outstanding. I'm actually planning on attending a Braves/Mets game at the end of August. Maybe I can catch a start of his...
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yes, he's been outstanding. I'm actually planning on attending a Braves/Mets game at the end of August. Maybe I can catch a start of his...
    Makes you wonder how the Jays miss a kid like this. Atlanta seems to have good scouting and farm system.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Makes you wonder how the Jays miss a kid like this. Atlanta seems to have good scouting and farm system.
    Two words: Atkins. Shapiro.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Two words: Atkins. Shapiro.
    With the lack of support Stroman is getting he'll be gone as soon as he is a FA. They have young hitters and hopefully they start hitting but right now they couldn't hit a piñata even without the blindfold.

vCash

With the lack of support Stroman is getting he'll be gone as soon as he is a FA. They have young hitters and hopefully they start hitting but right now they couldn't hit a piñata even without the blindfold.
    he'll be gone waayy sooner. True he doesn't get run support but he's also, at times, pitched up muffins. I just think the Jays will tire of his antics long before FA

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

That would be interesting having them in the same division as the Jays. Could make for a good rivalry, but would suck that both Canadian teams would be competing with the free-spending Sox and Yankees.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I am sure the long range plan is to relocate them there permanently. New stadium, new team. Expos 2.0.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I am sure the long range plan is to relocate them there permanently. New stadium, new team. Expos 2.0.
    Or it’s a way for the current TB ownership to apply pressure for a new stadium there - don’t they want one, too?
    Montréal might be being used as a pawn. I don’t want that to be the case, but it’s a possibility.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Or it’s a way for the current TB ownership to apply pressure for a new stadium there - don’t they want one, too?
    Montréal might be being used as a pawn. I don’t want that to be the case, but it’s a possibility.
    It's more than a possibility. It's exactly what is happening.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

So the Jays trade Sanchez and Biagini to Houston for an outfield prospect. Tonight Sanchez goes six innings giving up no hits with six K's. Biagini and two other pitchers go the final three innings to complete a no hitter against Seattle.

vCash

So the Jays trade Sanchez and Biagini to Houston for an outfield prospect. Tonight Sanchez goes six innings giving up no hits with six K's. Biagini and two other pitchers go the final three innings to complete a no hitter against Seattle.
    And the guy the traded them for (26 year old) lets a routine fly ball hit him in the face for an error and injures himself and is out of the game.

The Blue Jays Gm is Chiarelliesque. Just awful returns for all the players he traded.

vCash
    Blog Entries

The minute they brought in Mark Shapiro, they were doomed. He has zero history of doing anything productive with a baseball team. The Indians were terrible for most of his tenure. Choosing Shapiro over AA is laugh out loud hilarious. Oh well, a win for the Braves.

vCash

Canadian Mike Soroka handles the Cards until the Braves win it in the 9th. Soroka goes 7 innings, gives up two hits , one earned run , 0 walks and has seven K's.

vCash

Am I traitor if I’m cheering for the Dodgers? Don’t really like or follow baseball, but feel like they’re due after the past couple of years.

vCash

Am I traitor if I’m cheering for the Dodgers? Don’t really like or follow baseball, but feel like they’re due after the past couple of years.
    Not at all.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Can't cheer for the Dodgers , not the same team " dat left Brooklyn in the late '50's , no longer dem bums from Brooklyn. "

vCash

Can't cheer for the Dodgers , not the same team " dat left Brooklyn in the late '50's , no longer dem bums from Brooklyn. "
    That's true, but hey - Sandy Koufax was with the LA version, and he is likely the reason I got indoctrinated since birth.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    That's true, but hey - Sandy Koufax was with the LA version, and he is likely the reason I got indoctrinated since birth.
    You're forgiven. Koufax and Drysdale were one of the best duos ever. Even the Giants left NY about the same time the Dodgers did.

vCash

Whenever an MLB record is broken you know something insane went down. Damn, Red Birds!
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Let's go Rays! Take out the Astros tonight!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Whenever an MLB record is broken you know something insane went down. Damn, Red Birds!
    And is that even the craziest thing that happened last night?

Sorry, Dodger fans - I have no particular dog in this fight - but to see Kershaw, of all people, give up dingers on back-to-back pitches to tie the game, and then the Nats hitting a grand slam with no out in the top of 10...that was really something. Glad I tuned in for that.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash
    Blog Entries

I should neg rep this.

vCash

I'll make it up by agreeing with you that playing 162 games and then having a best of 5 is beyond dumb. Almost as dumb as the 1 game wild card.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'll make it up by agreeing with you that playing 162 games and then having a best of 5 is beyond dumb. Almost as dumb as the 1 game wild card.
    Yeah, I think it would be pretty great now watching STL and WSH going home for a game 6 to see if they can seal it. Kind of ****ty we don't get that. But whatever. I'm pretty bitter right now. The Braves have made the postseason 10 of the last 18 years (not bad) and are 0 for 10 (really bad) in winning a round.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yeah, I think it would be pretty great now watching STL and WSH going home for a game 6 to see if they can seal it. Kind of ****ty we don't get that. But whatever. I'm pretty bitter right now. The Braves have made the postseason 10 of the last 18 years (not bad) and are 0 for 10 (really bad) in winning a round.
    It's almost like being a Flames or Maple Leafs fan.

Oilers suck, but at least when they make playoffs they do okay.