Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 87 of 87

Thread: MLB 2018

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Atlanta Braves have a Canadian starting pitcher that could be a candidate for rookie of the year. Mike Soroka now is 4 - 1 with an ERA of 0.98 . Pitched 36 innings , with 23 hits and 34 SO vs 14 BB and given up 0 HR's.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Atlanta Braves have a Canadian starting pitcher that could be a candidate for rookie of the year. Mike Soroka now is 4 - 1 with an ERA of 0.98 . Pitched 36 innings , with 23 hits and 34 SO vs 14 BB and given up 0 HR's.
    Yes, he's been outstanding. I'm actually planning on attending a Braves/Mets game at the end of August. Maybe I can catch a start of his...
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yes, he's been outstanding. I'm actually planning on attending a Braves/Mets game at the end of August. Maybe I can catch a start of his...
    Makes you wonder how the Jays miss a kid like this. Atlanta seems to have good scouting and farm system.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,311
    vCash
    2500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Makes you wonder how the Jays miss a kid like this. Atlanta seems to have good scouting and farm system.
    Two words: Atkins. Shapiro.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Two words: Atkins. Shapiro.
    With the lack of support Stroman is getting he'll be gone as soon as he is a FA. They have young hitters and hopefully they start hitting but right now they couldn't hit a piñata even without the blindfold.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,706
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    With the lack of support Stroman is getting he'll be gone as soon as he is a FA. They have young hitters and hopefully they start hitting but right now they couldn't hit a piñata even without the blindfold.
    he'll be gone waayy sooner. True he doesn't get run support but he's also, at times, pitched up muffins. I just think the Jays will tire of his antics long before FA

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,529
    vCash
    4666
    Rep Power
    1035

    Re: MLB 2018


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,623
    vCash
    19182
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

    That would be interesting having them in the same division as the Jays. Could make for a good rivalry, but would suck that both Canadian teams would be competing with the free-spending Sox and Yankees.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,972
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

    I am sure the long range plan is to relocate them there permanently. New stadium, new team. Expos 2.0.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,567
    vCash
    3407
    Rep Power
    193

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I am sure the long range plan is to relocate them there permanently. New stadium, new team. Expos 2.0.
    Or it’s a way for the current TB ownership to apply pressure for a new stadium there - don’t they want one, too?
    Montréal might be being used as a pawn. I don’t want that to be the case, but it’s a possibility.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Or it’s a way for the current TB ownership to apply pressure for a new stadium there - don’t they want one, too?
    Montréal might be being used as a pawn. I don’t want that to be the case, but it’s a possibility.
    It's more than a possibility. It's exactly what is happening.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    So the Jays trade Sanchez and Biagini to Houston for an outfield prospect. Tonight Sanchez goes six innings giving up no hits with six K's. Biagini and two other pitchers go the final three innings to complete a no hitter against Seattle.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,453
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    So the Jays trade Sanchez and Biagini to Houston for an outfield prospect. Tonight Sanchez goes six innings giving up no hits with six K's. Biagini and two other pitchers go the final three innings to complete a no hitter against Seattle.
    And the guy the traded them for (26 year old) lets a routine fly ball hit him in the face for an error and injures himself and is out of the game.

    The Blue Jays Gm is Chiarelliesque. Just awful returns for all the players he traded.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: MLB 2018

    The minute they brought in Mark Shapiro, they were doomed. He has zero history of doing anything productive with a baseball team. The Indians were terrible for most of his tenure. Choosing Shapiro over AA is laugh out loud hilarious. Oh well, a win for the Braves.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Canadian Mike Soroka handles the Cards until the Braves win it in the 9th. Soroka goes 7 innings, gives up two hits , one earned run , 0 walks and has seven K's.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,567
    vCash
    3407
    Rep Power
    193

    Re: MLB 2018

    Am I traitor if I’m cheering for the Dodgers? Don’t really like or follow baseball, but feel like they’re due after the past couple of years.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,494
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    196

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Am I traitor if I’m cheering for the Dodgers? Don’t really like or follow baseball, but feel like they’re due after the past couple of years.
    Not at all.
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Am I traitor if I’m cheering for the Dodgers? Don’t really like or follow baseball, but feel like they’re due after the past couple of years.
    Can't cheer for the Dodgers , not the same team " dat left Brooklyn in the late '50's , no longer dem bums from Brooklyn. "

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,494
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    196

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Can't cheer for the Dodgers , not the same team " dat left Brooklyn in the late '50's , no longer dem bums from Brooklyn. "
    That's true, but hey - Sandy Koufax was with the LA version, and he is likely the reason I got indoctrinated since birth.
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    That's true, but hey - Sandy Koufax was with the LA version, and he is likely the reason I got indoctrinated since birth.
    You're forgiven. Koufax and Drysdale were one of the best duos ever. Even the Giants left NY about the same time the Dodgers did.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,214
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: MLB 2018

    Whenever an MLB record is broken you know something insane went down. Damn, Red Birds!
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: MLB 2018

    Let's go Rays! Take out the Astros tonight!

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    18,688
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Whenever an MLB record is broken you know something insane went down. Damn, Red Birds!
    And is that even the craziest thing that happened last night?

    Sorry, Dodger fans - I have no particular dog in this fight - but to see Kershaw, of all people, give up dingers on back-to-back pitches to tie the game, and then the Nats hitting a grand slam with no out in the top of 10...that was really something. Glad I tuned in for that.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Whenever an MLB record is broken you know something insane went down. Damn, Red Birds!
    I should neg rep this.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,214
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: MLB 2018

    I'll make it up by agreeing with you that playing 162 games and then having a best of 5 is beyond dumb. Almost as dumb as the 1 game wild card.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,944
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    I'll make it up by agreeing with you that playing 162 games and then having a best of 5 is beyond dumb. Almost as dumb as the 1 game wild card.
    Yeah, I think it would be pretty great now watching STL and WSH going home for a game 6 to see if they can seal it. Kind of ****ty we don't get that. But whatever. I'm pretty bitter right now. The Braves have made the postseason 10 of the last 18 years (not bad) and are 0 for 10 (really bad) in winning a round.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,623
    vCash
    19182
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: MLB 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yeah, I think it would be pretty great now watching STL and WSH going home for a game 6 to see if they can seal it. Kind of ****ty we don't get that. But whatever. I'm pretty bitter right now. The Braves have made the postseason 10 of the last 18 years (not bad) and are 0 for 10 (really bad) in winning a round.
    It's almost like being a Flames or Maple Leafs fan.

    Oilers suck, but at least when they make playoffs they do okay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •