Thread: Anybody know why Chris Schultz isn't on TSN anymore?

vCash

Question Anybody know why Chris Schultz isn't on TSN anymore?

I like Chris Schultz a lot. It looks like he isn't on the panel again this year. I think he is missed greatly Stegall and Dunigan are just ok. I believe Schultz was still on the TSN website doing NFL picks last year. He has been on TSN covering CFL for years.
    I love me some Packers and Eskimos

vCash

Re: Anybody know why Chris Schultz isn't on TSN anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozers View Post
    I like Chris Schultz a lot. It looks like he isn't on the panel again this year. I think he is missed greatly Stegall and Dunigan are just ok. I believe Schultz was still on the TSN website doing NFL picks last year. He has been on TSN covering CFL for years.
    After his father passed away last year, or the year prior, he took a step back.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Chris is an intensely private individual who never really liked the spotlight and wasn't particularly comfortable being approached, recognized or living a somewhat public life. There are some other layers in there, but the good news is that he is returning to TSN's CFL coverage through Fantasy segments this year.

I love his insights and how he interacts with the panel, but take issue with the opinion that Dunigan and Stegall are just okay. I think that they add a lot of richness to the coverage and are great assets. Watching them work at CFL week in Winnipeg this year, they regularly attracted lineups twice that of current players and never left until everyone had an autograph or some time with them. Granted - it was Winnipeg, where both of them played, but it does speak to how CFL fans tend to embrace them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Chris is an intensely private individual who never really liked the spotlight and wasn't particularly comfortable being approached, recognized or living a somewhat public life. There are some other layers in there, but the good news is that he is returning to TSN's CFL coverage through Fantasy segments this year.

I love his insights and how he interacts with the panel, but take issue with the opinion that Dunigan and Stegall are just okay. I think that they add a lot of richness to the coverage and are great assets. Watching them work at CFL week in Winnipeg this year, they regularly attracted lineups twice that of current players and never left until everyone had an autograph or some time with them. Granted - it was Winnipeg, where both of them played, but it does speak to how CFL fans tend to embrace them.
    I don't mind Dunigan and Stegall, but found Schultz was able to reign in the silliness of the panel. They'd still have fun with Schultz there but Stegall fuels Dunigans goofiness that makes it almost stooge-like at times. Love both of their analysis, but goofballs need that straight guy to keep things on track sometimes.

vCash

Preferred when Schultz was there. Kept things on the rails a bit. Dunigan is over the top, but provides some good energy & entertainment in a Madden kind of way. Stegall is alright. Climie sucks. Hope to never see him again. His condescending, my s*** don't stink attitude is really annoying. Talks down to everyone else. He needs to go.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I read somewhere that Davis Sanchez will be joining the panel this year. Say what you will about the player, but I really enjoyed his radio work as a color guy on Als' broadcasts.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    I read somewhere that Davis Sanchez will be joining the panel this year. Say what you will about the player, but I really enjoyed his radio work as a color guy on Als' broadcasts.
    Didn't mind him for his work at the draft as well. But he's another "personality". If he's taking Jock's spot, the quality of analysis will be great, but they are going to be a bit out of control one upping each others personalities.

vCash

The Waggle podcast is awful. If thats any indication of what he'll be like, its gonna be a rough year.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Of all the panel members I find Schultz' comments the most insightful and thought provoking. I learn more from him than any of the other panelists and have missed what he brought to the panel. I also agree with pete that the Waggle podcast isn't worth listening to and hope Sanchez can rise above the cliches and cuteness to bring some meaningful insight to his commentary.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    The Waggle podcast is awful. If thats any indication of what he'll be like, its gonna be a rough year.
    Agreed, Davis' work on the podcast is not good. Also, the Rider love on that podcast finally forced me to unsubscribe. Initially, it was an OK podcast, but when the Riders started winning a couple games last year it became unbearable. I thought that was supposed to be the leagues official podcast, but it literally got to the point where 45mins of an hour long podcast was gushing about the sliders. Way to alienate 8/9ths of your potential fanbase guys.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Sports Re: Anybody know why Chris Schultz isn't on TSN anymore?

I miss Schultzie so much! It turns out he was a real steadying influence on the TSN panel. I don’t mind Sanchez as an addition. But as a grouo, they’re out of control. I find it very challenging to make out what they’re even saying half the time, because they spend so much of their time talking over one another and shouting everyone down. I think Chris Schultz had a calming effect on the panel, which led to more responsible, meaningful dialogue. So often these days, the guys pretty much descend into Stooge-like chaos. They truly need Schultzie to provide the needed discipline.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JenntheQueen View Post
    I miss Schultzie so much! It turns out he was a real steadying influence on the TSN panel. I don’t mind Sanchez as an addition. But as a grouo, they’re out of control. I find it very challenging to make out what they’re even saying half the time, because they spend so much of their time talking over one another and shouting everyone down. I think Chris Schultz had a calming effect on the panel, which led to more responsible, meaningful dialogue. So often these days, the guys pretty much descend into Stooge-like chaos. They truly need Schultzie to provide the needed discipline.
    I absolutely agree that Schultz was a steading force on the panel. Though he hasn't been around in forever now. Actually, as he grows older I kind of see Dunigan moving into the Schultz role as I have noticed he is a bit more calm and subdued compared to how he was say 10 years ago.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JenntheQueen View Post
    Totally agree with this. Plus, Schultzie is big enough to put a beatdown on the whole crew.

vCash

It was announced that Jock climie is officially leaving the CFL on TSN as well. Dunigan is the only one left now from a few short years ago when it was Randorf/Climie/Dunigan/Schultz
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Easier minds to control now

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I absolutely agree that Schultz was a steading force on the panel. Though he hasn't been around in forever now. Actually, as he grows older I kind of see Dunigan moving into the Schultz role as I have noticed he is a bit more calm and subdued compared to how he was say 10 years ago.
    Ten years ago Mattie could barely put two sentences together in a row. He's now the seasoned vet on the panel.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    It was announced that Jock climie is officially leaving the CFL on TSN as well. Dunigan is the only one left now from a few short years ago when it was Randorf/Climie/Dunigan/Schultz
    Not a surprise. I saw Jock in the concourse at Molson Stadium last summer. He was attending the game as a spectator with his kids. If I recall I think he had a daughter around 13 and a son a couple years younger, ages where kids get involved in all kinds of activities. Between family commitments and his law career it was probably quite a juggling act just to make what had become an increasingly part-time role on the panel.

https://www.ehlaw.ca/team/jock-climie/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin View Post
    Ten years ago Mattie could barely put two sentences together in a row. He's now the seasoned vet on the panel.
    And he can still barely muster up a few sentences.
    FIRE RHODES!

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Switching to bourbon mellows one out
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I always liked Schultz. But I do think that overall the TSN broadcasts could be rebuilt from scratch. I mean, nothing gets you pumped up for Thursday Night Football like a mellow country tune, amirite???
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I always liked Schultz. But I do think that overall the TSN broadcasts could be rebuilt from scratch. I mean, nothing gets you pumped up for Thursday Night Football like a mellow country tune, amirite???
    Is it just me or does it sound like a bad U2 song if U2 switched to country and recruited a terrible singer. Just dreadful (and this isn't meant to be a shot at U2, just hearing a country voice over a poor rendition of U2). Happy the season is done to be rid of that song. I especially loved the 16 minute version we got on Sunday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Is it just me or does it sound like a bad U2 song if U2 switched to country and recruited a terrible singer. Just dreadful (and this isn't meant to be a shot at U2, just hearing a country voice over a poor rendition of U2). Happy the season is done to be rid of that song. I especially loved the 16 minute version we got on Sunday.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash
    Blog Entries

But how about her outfit?? Well done!!!
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - That’s ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    But how about her outfit?? Well done!!!
    I thought you’d be requesting more latex? ��
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I thought you’d be requesting more latex? ��
    Her pants were shiny and tight so that'll do...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - That’s ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)