Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1005

Thread: 2018 CFL Game Thread

vCash

Re: 2018 CFL Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Is the clock supposed to run during a convert?
    In the CFL yes, except after the 3 minute warning I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted Ticats and Bombers so deep down, I always knew it was Calgary Ottawa.

vCash

49 minutes left on the TSN clock

- - - Updated - - -

Bombers employing the Jason Maas strategy
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Oshea went for the field goal. That cost them a Grey Cup victory!

vCash

IMO Winnipeg should have put the Back up for change of pace...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    IMO Winnipeg should have put the Back up for change of pace...
    Nichols should have been done at half time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ottawa matches up well against Calgary. Should be a good game.

vCash

A tough game for the Bombers
    Tough for anyone to better first place at home Calgary in divisional final.
    Let’s hope that somehow Calgary chokes yet again in the GC
    Sigh ... don’t see that happening for a third consecutive year

vCash

Calgary on offence were brutal.. 3 drives aside, 2 in a 5 min spell in the 2nd qtr and the last one inside 7 mins to seal it.. even then they needed 2 ok calls..

Bo was 1-10 in the 3rd qtr

Winnipeg totally blew their opportunity to get to a cup..

All credit to the stamps d though.. amazing play and they REALLY got under harris’s Skin... dude was tapping like a puppy while Johnson smiles at him.. knowing he was in his head.
    Winnipeg’s offence was terrible also.. Nichols was very very poor
    I’ll be cheering for ottawa next week.. but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Calgary won it.. they have looked less than stellar for weeks.. not pressure on em unlike years past..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    49 minutes left on the TSN clock

- - - Updated - - -

Bombers employing the Jason Maas strategy
    I find it interesting that the announcers were responding to Oshea's strategy in a positive manner... yet when Maas did it every one was all over him. I still feel it was, and is the right strategy. I coached with several coaches in the past (who were way smarter than me) who used that methodology.

vCash
    Blog Entries

REALLY REALLY hope that Calgary pulls a third choke job in a row this Sunday... Hate em. With a passion. Go Rough Riders! I mean Go Renegades!! Wait...I mean GO REDBLACKS!!!

Was hoping it would be an ABC Grey Cup but oh well. I'll take the stains on the floor from their tears of disappointment anytime.
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    REALLY REALLY hope that Calgary pulls a third choke job in a row this Sunday... Hate em. With a passion. Go Rough Riders!!!!

Was hoping it would be an ABC Grey Cup but oh well. I'll take the stains on the floor from their tears of disappointment anytime.
    Fixed
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    REALLY REALLY hope that Calgary pulls a third choke job in a row this Sunday... Hate em. With a passion. Go Rough Riders! I mean Go Renegades!! Wait...I mean GO REDBLACKS!!!

Go rough redgades!

vCash

You really have to give the RedBlacks credit for what they have accomplished in the short time they have been in the league. ( forgetting the Ottawa Rough Riders of course) They certainly got the benefit of a generous expansion draft designed to make them competitive but they have grown so much beyond that.

They are constantly releasing and adding players, especially on D. Unlike some teams that figure coaching can make good athletes. Realized they needed a more aggressive D this year and made last year's DC their LB coach and went and added a Thorpe to take over. Lost their OC a couple of years ago and added Elizondo from the Argos and have a nice run- pass offence.

I thought they made a mistake in making Desjardins their GM, especially with his record in Hamilton but he certainly is doing an envious job.

Not saying they have the horses to beat Calgary but they look on paper a lot better than last year's Argo team. Good luck to them on Sunday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    You really have to give the RedBlacks credit for what they have accomplished in the short time they have been in the league. ( forgetting the Ottawa Rough Riders of course) They certainly got the benefit of a generous expansion draft designed to make them competitive but they have grown so much beyond that.

They are constantly releasing and adding players, especially on D. Unlike some teams that figure coaching can make good athletes. Realized they needed a more aggressive D this year and made last year's DC their LB coach and went and added a Thorpe to take over. Lost their OC a couple of years ago and added Elizondo from the Argos and have a nice run- pass offence.

I thought they made a mistake in making Desjardins their GM, especially with his record in Hamilton but he certainly is doing an envious job.

Not saying they have the horses to beat Calgary but they look on paper a lot better than last year's Argo team. Good luck to them on Sunday.

No doubt ..3 outta the last 4 gcs is impressive very impressive

vCash

This Grey Cup will be the same as the last two in the sense that if Calgary plays to their full ability, they will win. If they make mistakes like the last two years, then Ottawa has a chance.

This matchup bores the hell out of me though, was really hoping for a fresh matchup after the Esks missed out.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post

Right on, we've seen what standing pat does for the team here in Edmonton. Pressure should definitely be on Rhodes and Maas this off-season to make some positive changes all around.