Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CFL Fantasy Football 2018

vCash

Re: CFL Fantasy Football 2018

One week left to go and it appears to be down to 5 players:

Mcarefoot currently has the lead, with last years winner Teqeela 23 points back. Stu, myself, and Fox are also still in the mix, within 50 points of the leader.

Final weeks of the season tend to be a challenge though as you never know which players will play the full 60 in meaningless games.

vCash

My fantasy season was a lot like the Esks season, great in the first half, sub par in the second half. Only difference is that my fantasy teams pulled up their socks in the last couple of weeks. Esks...... not so much.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    My fantasy season was a lot like the Esks season, great in the first half, sub par in the second half. Only difference is that my fantasy teams pulled up their socks in the last couple of weeks. Esks...... not so much.
    My CFL fantasy is like the BC Lions season. Horrible start, in 22nd or 23rd a few weeks in. Clawed (haha no pun intended) my way up to as high as 6th or 8th (aka home playoff game maybe). Now normalizing to 10th which is the same as the last playoff spot

My goal was to finish in the top 10 of the esksfans league, so I’m pretty happy. It’s a harder league because you guys know your stuff!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    My CFL fantasy is like the BC Lions season. Horrible start, in 22nd or 23rd a few weeks in. Clawed (haha no pun intended) my way up to as high as 6th or 8th (aka home playoff game maybe). Now normalizing to 10th which is the same as the last playoff spot

My goal was to finish in the top 10 of the esksfans league, so I’m pretty happy. It’s a harder league because you guys know your stuff!
    I had Manziel in his first start not sure about knowing stuff
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I had Manziel in his first start not sure about knowing stuff
    Well...I think you’re ahead of me, so you must know something because I can hold my own (I think).

vCash

I like how Ricky Ray still costs more than Lulay, Jennings, Nichols, BLM and Bethel-Thomson. Good one TSN!
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

^This^

Also, how in holy he** has Lulay cost less than Jennings for the entire season. Some of the salaries are just bananas.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Well congratulations to #1 finisher Mcarefoot and #2 finisher Teqeela in Esksfans.com. You two fellows kicked my butt this year.

Last edited by Foxhound; 11-08-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

For the 3rd straight time (including in last years playoffs league), I lose to Teqeela again. It’s going to be in my head now!

Don’t forget that their is a playoff league with slight tweaks (5 players and 30k salary) so if the season didn’t go your way, you still have a chance to finally beat Teqeela.....err I mean a chance at redemption!

vCash

Is it game day yet?????

vCash

I was disappointed with my Fantasy results over the course of the regular season. I finished 62nd overall last year and I'd set a top fifty goal for myself this year. I ended up in 254th though. Worse yet, I think I beat all the TSN and CFL pros last year, but I slipped behind some of them this year:

Chucky9192 - 2023.1
    Kristina - 2002.7
    Krev Show - 1976.6
    Balticfox - 1950.3

The only League of any size I topped this year was the 60 member 2017 CFL Fantasy. I was second by half a point in the 89 member 2017 CFL All Stars.

Unlike last year I got off to a very good start this year. After six weeks I'd climbed to #89 or so. But after that I started spinning my tires.

I didn't learn that Don Jackson and C.J. Gable were game-day scratches in weeks seven and thirteen respectively until after kickoff. Then Reggie Begelton limped off the field after the first play from scrimmage in week sixteen. Those zeroes hurt badly. I'd been fortunate enough to avoid disasters of such magnitude last year.

I had difficulty with QBs this year. Whoever I picked last year from among Mike Reilly, Ricky Ray, Matt Nichols, Travis Lulay, Trevor Harris and Jeremiah Masoli typically treated me pretty well but that wasn't the case this year and I ended up picking some duds.

Brandon Zylstra was the gift that just kept on giving last year and D'haquille Williams, Andrew Harris and Don Jackson filled the same role for me in the first six weeks or so this year but then their prices got so high I had to reconsider. And I couldn't find any semi-reliable replacements other than Brad Sinopoli.

That though may have been the problem with my game this year. I was too focused on getting "value" for my $. As a result I was just too reluctant to pay up for players and missed out on too many stellar performances by Brandon Banks, Luke Tasker, Diontae Spencer and Alex Green.

I also got much "better" at fully allocating my $40,000 this year. I was never satisfied until I'd allocated all but $200-$300 of my budget. I'm afraid therefore that I ended up with a roster closer to $40,000 in price at the expense of taking the "best" players at each position I could afford even if they only totalled up to $37,900.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Last edited by Foxhound; 11-09-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Not the best year...especially because I kept stick by Reilly and Duke when they fell off.

Hopefully I can at least pull out the playoff pool!
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Going with Travis Lulay and the Lions defence has me off to a solid -0.9 start today...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Since I really wanted Matt Nichols, Andrew Harris and Darvin Adams on my team, I had to economize elsewhere and the only Defence I could afford was that of the Lions. I should have passed on the "opportunity". Better yet I should have economized on the WR slot in which I had Darvin Adams which would have enabled me to get the Tiger-Cats' Defence I actually wanted.

Oh well. At least I had Drew Wolitarsky as well as Andrew Harris.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Trevor Harris alone is greater than my entire points total from last week, so anything else this week is chocolate. (I don’t like icing.)

Also nice to see Ellingson have a good game. He looked like something was bothering him all season.

vCash

If Harris caught that overthrown pass, I likely would’ve finished 1st in the country this week.....along with like 80 other people with the same roster!

Would’ve been fun to see what happened with the 2000 dollar prize.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Trevor Harris alone is greater than my entire points total from last week, so anything else this week is chocolate. (I donít like icing.)
    I was greatly impressed with the way you used your salary cap right up to the second last $!

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    If Harris caught that overthrown pass, I likely wouldíve finished 1st in the country this week.....along with like 80 other people with the same roster!
    You still had a fabulous week.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

So congratulations to Stu Pidasso and T-Bone who really put the boots to us all in Playoff Fantasy!

1. Stu Pidasso 227.5
    2. T-Bone 220.3
    3. Balticfox 182.0
    4. Mccarefoot 172.1
    5. E4E 170.8

Overall my score was 797th best out of 7829 participants which is pretty decent for a three week competition. I'm just happy to have toasted all the talking heads including Chucky9192(Matt Dunigan?):

Krev Show - 175.5
    HannahNordman - 172.3
    Chucky9192 - 162.6

I suspect that this pot legalization thing may have taken its toll on some of the Playoff Fantasy scores....

Radically Canadian!