Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 183

Thread: 2018 NFL Thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

    Please, let it be Trump. Wonder if Kraft stock will drop with the possible upcoming divorce.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Why is a billionaire like Robert Kraft going to a strip mall massage parlour? I assumed that high class escorts would be more up his alley. Sex trafficking ring aside - which is horrible - I just can’t get my head around that. He is a public figure in a position of leadership. You have to care about where you are seen & what you are seen doing.

    This tweet from a NBC reporter in Boston:
    “Martin County Sheriff says the women involved in human trafficking ring were given no days off. They averaged about 1,500 men a year. He says their hygiene was “minimal” at best @NBC10Boston”

    Sometimes real life sucks.

    ...and will US govt blame the women & deport them? Ugh ��)
    Last edited by Smartie123; 02-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.

  3. #153
    Steve Vale's Avatar
    Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    Posts
    7,324
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Why is a billionaire like Robert Kraft going to a strip mall massage parlour? I assumed that high class escorts would be more up his alley. Sex trafficking ring aside - which is horrible - I just can’t get my head around that. He is a public figure in a position of leadership. You have to care about where you are seen & what you are seen doing.

    This tweet from a NBC reporter in Boston:
    “Martin County Sheriff says the women involved in human trafficking ring were given no days off. They averaged about 1,500 men a year. He says their hygiene was “minimal” at best @NBC10Boston”

    Sometimes real life sucks.

    ...and will US govt blame the women & deport them? Ugh ��)

    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vale View Post

    Yup. That about covers it.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Phil. Eagles officially name Carson Walch as their wide receiver coach today. Other coaching and football operations changes also coming today from the Eagles. Walch sure has been climbing the coaching ladder quickly.

    Walch was a Div. 2 All American running back, receiver and return specialist for Winona St. from 1996 - 99. And a regional finalist for the top player in Div. 2 football in 1999.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    After one year as the Monday night football commentator for ESPN, Jason Witten is returning to the Dallas Cowboys. A bit surprising in that he will be 37 when the NFL 2019 season starts. Was an eleven time Pro Bowl selection at TE and has been a Cowboy all of his pro career.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,266
    vCash
    2500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    MNF has become a sorry joke as of late. It probably wasn't the "time of his life" that Witten thought it would be.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,253
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    892

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    MNF has become a sorry joke as of late. It probably wasn't the "time of his life" that Witten thought it would be.
    You're probably too young to remember the disaster that was Dennis Miller providing commentary on Monday Night Football. With the intro of the XFL way back, somebody on ABC thought it would be a good idea to throw a hack comedian who knew some about football on the broadcasts. It wasn't.

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Sunday Night Football (aka NFL on NBC), on the other hand, is a pretty slick operation. The production & the people are all really good.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    You're probably too young to remember the disaster that was Dennis Miller providing commentary on Monday Night Football. With the intro of the XFL way back, somebody on ABC thought it would be a good idea to throw a hack comedian who knew some about football on the broadcasts. It wasn't.

    i remember that....unfortunately
    In Rod we trust

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,572
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    598

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    i remember that....unfortunately
    so now we can create a commentators scale...... "On a scale from Dennis Miller to Rob Black, how bad is he"
    #PizStrong

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Anyone remember that time when Sunday NFL Countdown had Rush Limbaugh ion the panel? What were they thinking???
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,253
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    892

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Anyone remember that time when Sunday NFL Countdown had Rush Limbaugh ion the panel? What were they thinking???
    Dammit... I forgot about that... until just now... thanks a lot
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    so now we can create a commentators scale...... "On a scale from Dennis Miller to Rob Black, how bad is he"
    Ah yes all praise King Rod
    In Rod we trust

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,266
    vCash
    2500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    And the Cleveland Browns come out swinging...

    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,322
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Lots of big moves this week.

    Antonio Brown will now languish in Oakland.
    Le'Veon Bell will now languish with the NY Jets
    Nick Foles will now languish with the Jaguars.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Lots of big moves this week.

    Antonio Brown will now languish in Oakland.
    Le'Veon Bell will now languish with the NY Jets
    Nick Foles will now languish with the Jaguars.
    I'm sure Bell is glad he turned down that 70 mil from pitt last year so that he could sign with the jets for 50 mil...
    In Rod we trust

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,266
    vCash
    2500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Steelers still need to get move on from Big Ben before that locker room can truly be salvaged IMO.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Steelers still need to get move on from Big Ben before that locker room can truly be salvaged IMO.
    I never thought i'd say this but the Browns are the best team in that division
    In Rod we trust

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    In Rod we trust

  21. #171
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Absolutely horrific , if proven true. Ex KC Chief Kareem Hunt just got an eight game suspension to start the 2019 season. Hopefully Hill gets at least a year. Might even get some time in the Crowbar Hotel. If I were a player I wouldn't want to be in the same locker room with this guy.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Tampa Bay Bucs today announced the hiring of two female coaches. One is an assistant strength & conditioning coach and the other an assistant Dline coach. Lori Locust , the D coach was employed until yesterday as the Dline coach of the Birmingham Iron of the AAF.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,572
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    598

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Tampa Bay Bucs today announced the hiring of two female coaches. One is an assistant strength & conditioning coach and the other an assistant Dline coach. Lori Locust , the D coach was employed until yesterday as the Dline coach of the Birmingham Iron of the AAF.
    Interesting move. O and Dlines rely on quick hands and feet as well as varied pass rush moves, its not all about power. I bet they excel at their positions.
    #PizStrong

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    206

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Tampa Bay Bucs today announced the hiring of two female coaches. One is an assistant strength & conditioning coach and the other an assistant Dline coach. Lori Locust , the D coach was employed until yesterday as the Dline coach of the Birmingham Iron of the AAF.
    Bruce Arians is their head coach I know he had a female coach when he coached the cards - for an old white guy with a funny hat he's pretty progressive lol
    In Rod we trust

  25. #175
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    NFL today announced that both Off. & Def. pass interference calls will be challengeable. Coaches will now have the opportunity
    to challenge pass interference calls or non-calls outside of two minutes of each half. The booth will automatically review all close call inside of two minutes.

    Packer great Jordy Nelson retired today after eleven NFL seasons, ten with the Pack. A sure Packer Hall of Famer. Missed the 2015 season with a knee injury and came back
    in 2016 with 98 receptions, 1257 yds and a league high 14 TD's. Retires as the 5th Packer all time leading receiver.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    This makes the guys in Dumb and Dumber look like Einsteins. Bengals running back Mark Walton has been arrested for the third time in three months. In this latest incident he took off running after being pulled over by police and was subdued by a stun gun. Pulled the prongs out took off running again. Police found 14 grams of mj and a 9mm carbine rifle with several loaded clips in the rented car.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,572
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    598

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    This makes the guys in Dumb and Dumber look like Einsteins. Bengals running back Mark Walton has been arrested for the third time in three months. In this latest incident he took off running after being pulled over by police and was subdued by a stun gun. Pulled the prongs out took off running again. Police found 14 grams of mj and a 9mm carbine rifle with several loaded clips in the rented car.
    Riders took notice of your scouting report and have already offered a contract
    #PizStrong

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,391
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    243

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Wonder if he ran up the middle or a sweep.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Wonder if he ran up the middle or a sweep.
    Hopefully he'll be running from a cellmate named " Bubba" soon.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    488

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Chicago Sun Times has taken a stab at projecting the Bears 2019 roster. Saying that the Bears will keep five outside LB's.

    Khalil Mack, Leonard Floyd and Aaron Lynch are considered in and Matt Betts , plus three others are considered on the bubble.

    Betts was our # 1 pick, 3rd overall in the 2019 draft. Was a DE at Laval , likely not considered to have the size for an NFL D line position. No mention about possible ST players though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •