Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Thread

vCash

Re: 2018 NFL Thread

Jacksonville Jaguars owner, Shad Khan, is in negotiations to purchase Wembley Stadium. Cost reported to be between 1.1 to 1.4 billion U.S. dollars. Khan also owns the Fulham Soccer Club from west London that is playing in the Premier League this season. Khan's worth reported to be 7.2 billion .

BBC has reported Khan wants to move the Jags to London, but this is being denied by the Jags but they do say some games could be played in England.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Jacksonville Jaguars owner, Shad Khan, is in negotiations to purchase Wembley Stadium. Cost reported to be between 1.1 to 1.4 billion U.S. dollars. Khan also owns the Fulham Soccer Club from west London that is playing in the Premier League this season. Khan's worth reported to be 7.2 billion .

BBC has reported Khan wants to move the Jags to London, but this is being denied by the Jags but they do say some games could be played in England.
    The Jags will likely play 3 home games a year in London after the purchase. Khan won't fully relocate. But he's smart in that his team will have 2 home cities and a huge market.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash
    Blog Entries

And the Fitzmagic is gone as fast as it arrived.

Meanwhile, Jameis Winston is the Nail Yakupov of quarterbacks.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Hey question for you all. Ok, I’m watching more nfl this year than I ever have, but something I don’t get is the strategy on kickoffs. Why is it that it seems like over 90% of the time teams kick it right into or through the end zone rather than inside the 5 yard line. It seems like they are always content to let the receiving team take it on the 25 rather than trying to pin them deep. Field position seems pretty important with yards being so hard to gain in the nfl that this strategy doesn’t make sense to me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Hey question for you all. Ok, I’m watching more nfl this year than I ever have, but something I don’t get is the strategy on kickoffs. Why is it that it seems like over 90% of the time teams kick it right into or through the end zone rather than inside the 5 yard line. It seems like they are always content to let the receiving team take it on the 25 rather than trying to pin them deep. Field position seems pretty important with yards being so hard to gain in the nfl that this strategy doesn’t make sense to me.
    The NFL passed news rules this year regarding kickoffs. Several actually. The intent was to reduce injuries. Kickoffs are considered the most dangerous play in football. Lots of kickers down there with big legs also. Even in college ball you see the ball booted right into the end zone on KO's.

vCash

The NFL passed news rules this year regarding kickoffs. Several actually. The intent was to reduce injuries. Kickoffs are considered the most dangerous play in football. Lots of kickers down there with big legs also. Even in college ball you see the ball booted right into the end zone on KO's.
    With that, it almost seems like they could eliminate the kickoff altogether and just start every drive after a score on the 25. Not traditional I know, just seems like kickoffs are pretty pointless.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    With that, it almost seems like they could eliminate the kickoff altogether and just start every drive after a score on the 25. Not traditional I know, just seems like kickoffs are pretty pointless.
    I was thinking this too. At the Vanderbilt game I attended in September, pretty much every kick was a touchback. In fact, I think the only returns that happened were on punts.

I get that you want to emphasize player safety, but the safety aspect needs to be compensated for by incentives/rule changes to preserve the integrity of the kicking skill - perhaps by moving the ball to the 30 or 35 after a kickoff touchback (and maintaining 25 yards for touchbacks after an INT or other wacky play).
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Being a Jags fan is kind of like being an Oiler fan. Definitely not for real.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

How has nobody posted about this NE vs KC game yet?!?

Tied at 40 with 2:00 left!!

vCash

I don't have time in my life to watch that many CFL games, never mind give up my Sundays to watch NFL.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Wooot... Congratz Brandon!

vCash

Looks like Zylstra might see a bunch of reps tomorrow.

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Nice to see him get another shot. Hopefully he gets a paycheck til at least the end of the year. NFL always is looking for good athletes for their special teams.

vCash

NBC Sports quoting an article in the Toronto Sun reports that the NFL Canadian audience grew by 19 % this season plus NFL Sunday night football viewership in Canada has increased by 33 %. And those stats are while the CFL season is still on.

vCash

NBC Sports quoting an article in the Toronto Sun reports that the NFL Canadian audience grew by 19 % this season plus NFL Sunday night football viewership in Canada has increased by 33 %. And those stats are while the CFL season is still on.
    Sunday evening though. Doesn’t really affect CFL games.
    Don’t know how the CFL is doing in that same period too.

I’m a fan of both leagues so I’d also like to know who watches both leagues and how it’s changed year over year. That’s a true test of how the CFL and NFL are viewed in Canada.

vCash

Well that’s the best NFL game I think I’ve ever seen. Unreal back and forth. Super Bowl preview.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Well that’s the best NFL game I think I’ve ever seen. Unreal back and forth. Super Bowl preview.
    I dunno, mate. Fun game, but any team that gives up 50+ points to anybody isn't going to the Super Bowl.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I dunno, mate. Fun game, but any team that gives up 50+ points to anybody isn't going to the Super Bowl.
    If they score 54 they will.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    If they score 54 they will.
    Fair enough.

I am beginning to see New Orlaeans vs. New England happening.

vCash

I had Gurley, Hill, Kelcee and Butker going last night in Fantasy. Pretty good night for me
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

In the 4th , Browns leading the Bengals 35-14.

vCash

The Green Bay Packers have fired head coach Mike McCarthy 12 games into his 13th season with the team.

The Packers announced the move hours after a 20-17 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at Lambeau Field.

"The 2018 season has not lived up to the expectations and standards of the Green Bay Packers," President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Murphy said in a release. "As a result, I made the difficult decision to relieve Mike McCarthy of his role as head coach, effective immediately."

vCash

Watching the Steelers and Charges.
    Nice to watch a skilled game that I’m not emotionally in because it doesn’t affect the Esks.
    Steelers always fun to watch.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    The Green Bay Packers have fired head coach Mike McCarthy 12 games into his 13th season with the team.

The Packers announced the move hours after a 20-17 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at Lambeau Field.

"The 2018 season has not lived up to the expectations and standards of the Green Bay Packers," President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Murphy said in a release. "As a result, I made the difficult decision to relieve Mike McCarthy of his role as head coach, effective immediately."
    The Packers really are like the NFL's Eskimos - one of the all-time QB greats at the wheel, but bogged down by the abysmal talent and management all around him.

vCash

How about those Seahawks???!!!??

Hope I didn't just jinx it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    The Packers really are like the NFL's Eskimos - one of the all-time QB greats at the wheel, but bogged down by the abysmal talent and management all around him.
    And no real running game. Made Montgomery into a RB from receiver and other than Lacy in 2013 ( 2nd rd.) didn't value a true RB as a priority either as a draft pick or FA. They used to call their division "the black and blue division" because they wore other teams down. Worked for some guy named Lombardi.

Obviously Rodgers is best in the passing game but having a top notch RB that other teams D's fear and giving him the rock on a regular basis makes sense. Plus they still haven't replaced my fav, Jordy Nelson.

vCash

At least the Packers aren't using their 3rd string QB that they signed 2 weeks ago like the Redskins are...smh
    In Rod we trust