Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 174

Thread: 2018 NFL Thread

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,376
    vCash
    1928
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Meh, to each their own. I find a lot of broadcasters annoying as hell and he's one of them.

    Just how I see it.
    Everyone is talking about how he calls the plays before they happen. That’s not why I like him. Right from when he started, what has stood out is his enthusiasm & love for the game - and he’s willing/able to say things that many football broadcasters can’t (or aren’t willing to) because he played & because he’s just calling a spade a spade. It’s refreshing.

    For me, he’s up there with Tony Dungey, but for different reasons.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,959
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Everyone is talking about how he calls the plays before they happen. That’s not why I like him. Right from when he started, what has stood out is his enthusiasm & love for the game - and he’s willing/able to say things that many football broadcasters can’t (or aren’t willing to) because he played & because he’s just calling a spade a spade. It’s refreshing.

    For me, he’s up there with Tony Dungey, but for different reasons.
    He gets down right giddy sometimes, I really like his style.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    He gets down right giddy sometimes, I really like his style.
    Reminds me a little of Dunigan. Knowledgeable, but enthusiastic too. I like them both.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,155
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    This sure didn't take long as the Kansas City Chiefs have fired Bob Sutton, their def. coordinator. He had been with KC for the last six years.
    Didn't try to dial up much heat on Brady and got owned by the Pats offence at the end of the game. Thought the KC def. looked bagged at the end.

    Ex. CFL QB, Tom Clements named passing game cord. and QB coach for the Arizona Cardinals. Clements spent a decade coaching with Green Bay.
    Always thought he would make a good CFL head coach.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    This sure didn't take long as the Kansas City Chiefs have fired Bob Sutton, their def. coordinator. He had been with KC for the last six years.
    Didn't try to dial up much heat on Brady and got owned by the Pats offence at the end of the game. Thought the KC def. looked bagged at the end.
    They did...no surprise. They were on the field almost the entire first half. If NE had taken advantage, that game might have been over at halftime.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,727
    vCash
    17168
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    They did...no surprise. They were on the field almost the entire first half. If NE had taken advantage, that game might have been over at halftime.
    Converting 3rd and 10 over and over was a poor look for that D for sure.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

    Vince Lombardi

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,429
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    565

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread





    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,048
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    I think Romo is a really good color guy. And by the way, he read defenses pretty well while he played. 65% completions over the course of his career, never once below 60%. More than 2 TDs for every INT. More than 25 TDs 7 times and more than 30 4 times. He was a very good QB on some very mediocre teams.

    I hate the Patriots, but I hope they win. The Rams don't deserve to be there. Should be Brees and the Saints. As much as I bitch about reffing in the CFL, I don't know that I've seen a non-call THAT bad in either league ever. And it cost one team a trip to the Super Bowl. That is just damn embarrassing for the NFL.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,560
    vCash
    1181
    Rep Power
    341

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I think Romo is a really good color guy. And by the way, he read defenses pretty well while he played. 65% completions over the course of his career, never once below 60%. More than 2 TDs for every INT. More than 25 TDs 7 times and more than 30 4 times. He was a very good QB on some very mediocre teams.

    I hate the Patriots, but I hope they win. The Rams don't deserve to be there. Should be Brees and the Saints. As much as I bitch about reffing in the CFL, I don't know that I've seen a non-call THAT bad in either league ever. And it cost one team a trip to the Super Bowl. That is just damn embarrassing for the NFL.
    AMEN

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,322
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I think Romo is a really good color guy. And by the way, he read defenses pretty well while he played. 65% completions over the course of his career, never once below 60%. More than 2 TDs for every INT. More than 25 TDs 7 times and more than 30 4 times. He was a very good QB on some very mediocre teams.

    I hate the Patriots, but I hope they win. The Rams don't deserve to be there. Should be Brees and the Saints. As much as I bitch about reffing in the CFL, I don't know that I've seen a non-call THAT bad in either league ever. And it cost one team a trip to the Super Bowl. That is just damn embarrassing for the NFL.
    Cost me a couple hundred bucks too

    oh and Romo was a very good quaterback and this is coming from a Redskins fan who still despises the cowboys and has for 34 years
    Last edited by tigerdar; 01-30-2019 at 11:58 AM. Reason: want to add something
    In Rod we trust

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,396
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Wonder how the Pats are going to cheat this weekend.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,429
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    565

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    On the eve of Super Bowl, it's another editions of NFL - A Bad Lip Reading.

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    I wonder how many times the bad lip reading has actually been accurate!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,409
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    What a dull game. Only thing is this is the first time I’ve really paid attention to Romo commentating, and I really like how he breaks down the plays.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,351
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Yawn!

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    3,147
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Goff is not a QB you can win with. Rams needed a Gunslinger and he is not accurate enough.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,795
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Probably one of the worst Superbowls ever. Game was a snoozer and the halftime show a dud.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,376
    vCash
    1928
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    My favourite part of this year’s Super Bowl was Robert Kraft wearing the diamond CHAMPIONSHIPS necklace given to him by Meek Mill.

    Second favourite was Brady & Edelman having a lightsaber fight at Disney World.

    Who knew the Patriots (other than Gronk) could have fun?!?

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,560
    vCash
    1181
    Rep Power
    341

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    strangely enough I quite enjoyed the game. I accepted that it was turning into a defensive struggle and was very impressed by the play of both defences.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,376
    vCash
    1928
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    strangely enough I quite enjoyed the game. I accepted that it was turning into a defensive struggle and was very impressed by the play of both defences.
    The game was definitely better than the half-time show!

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,959
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    The game was definitely better than the half-time show!
    haha, thankfully my little dude had a hockey game at the same time, so I tuned in around the start of the 4th and missed the half time show. Part of me wants to try and find it so I can see how much of a disaster it actually was. Sure haven't heard anything good about it from ANYONE.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,376
    vCash
    1928
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    haha, thankfully my little dude had a hockey game at the same time, so I tuned in around the start of the 4th and missed the half time show. Part of me wants to try and find it so I can see how much of a disaster it actually was. Sure haven't heard anything good about it from ANYONE.
    Maroon 5 & Travis Scott were horrible. Big Boi was awesome, but he was maybe 90 seconds, if even.

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,959
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    318

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Maroon 5 & Travis Scott were horrible. Big Boi was awesome, but he was maybe 90 seconds, if even.
    the whole "who wore it better" with people comparing their curtains to Adams shirt, is hilarious
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,795
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Part of me wants to try and find it so I can see how much of a disaster it actually was.
    I thought it was more blah than a train wreck. Just like the game.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,155
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    332

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    The Football Scoop is reporting that former CFL QB and coach, Marcus Brady has been promoted to QB coach for the Indianapolis Colts.

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,322
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    129

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting sex at Florida spa - via FOX Breaking News(auto)

    I guess Brady isn't the only one that likes his balls deflated
    In Rod we trust

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,429
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    565

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting sex at Florida spa - via FOX Breaking News(auto)

    I guess Brady isn't the only one that likes his balls deflated
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,560
    vCash
    1181
    Rep Power
    341

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    Just another reason the Pats blow past their opposition.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,429
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    565

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread

    UPDATE


    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 02-22-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,429
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    565

    Re: 2018 NFL Thread


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •