Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

vCash

Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Hard to imagine a bigger mess than we have right now at the Federal level. This election is just a disaster, there's nobody to vote for. All scum bags, all full of terrible policies. Brutal.
    Mate,

None of them excite me either. But all of them scumbags? I don't think Elizabeth May is a "scumbag". Nor do I think Jameet Singh is a "scumbag". I do not think that Andrew Scheer is a "scumbag".

True that none of them inspire that "hell yeah" you would hope. But "scumbag"?

No.

I could not disagree with Jameet Singh more if I tried. I do not believe he is a scumbag. LOL!

Now, Trudeau? Yes. I believe he is a scumbag. And has proven it.

“The authority of the prime minister and his office was used to circumvent, undermine and ultimately attempt to discredit the decision of the director of public prosecutions as well as the authority of Ms. Wilson-Raybould as the Crown’s chief law officer.” -Ethics Commissioner

Trudeau should resign. In a previous age he would have had to because his own party would have demanded it. That previous age is not so long ago.

He is unfit to be PM. If he wins again, Canada will have to get through the worst national unity crisis in its history, and I'm not sure it will.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

I think anyone can take some information and spin it to their benefit.
    For example, golden boy Andrew Scheer... his Saskatchewan riding funneled money into the Guelph riding to support them at a time that they were involved in the famous, illegal Robocalls for the 2011 election. If the attempts at voter suppression weren't enough, Scheer (as speaker of the house) shut down discussion from opposing parties about the Robocalls in the House. Clearly trying to hide the truth, not only about his involvement, but the illegal activity of his party to manipulate election results.

Scheer is Harper 2.0 and judging by his twitter feed, a Trump wannabe with all the lies and manipulations of the truth - all attack, no plan.

So when you peel back all the mud slinging and name calling, all you are left with is party policy to make decisions on. While I wish things were better for me, my life is pretty good. As a result, I take a look at my neighbours; my fellow Canadians that are hurting, and I ask which party would help them (all) Canadians the most. It is definitely not the Cons and Andrew Scheer in my opinion.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 08-19-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Scheer is Harper 2.0
    If so then I'm okay with that because Harper, while imperfect, was far superior to selfie-boy. Neither Chretien nor Harper did anything half as bad as what Trudeau did with Lavscam.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    If so then I'm okay with that because Harper, while imperfect, was far superior to selfie-boy. Neither Chretien nor Harper did anything half as bad as what Trudeau did with Lavscam.
    yeah so says my friend Dean Del Mastro....
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Cool.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    What Trudeau did was far worse, and Del Mastro resigned, which is what Trudeau should do.

vCash

vCash

What Trudeau did was far worse, and Del Mastro resigned, which is what Trudeau should do.
    That's your opinion you're entitled to it I think trying to rig the results of an election with robocalls is worse than trying to pressure the AG to give a DPA but like I said you're entitled to your opinion
    In Rod we trust

vCash

That's your opinion you're entitled to it I think trying to rig the results of an election with robocalls is worse than trying to pressure the AG to give a DPA but like I said you're entitled to your opinion
    Rig an election? So all you have to do is bombard people with calls and you win? Hell, why didn't anyone know this before??

Yes, what Trudeau did was far, FAR worse. Not even close. And again...Del Mastro resigned.

vCash

The sponsorship scandal with Cretien was pretty damn bad!

vCash

Rig an election? So all you have to do is bombard people with calls and you win? Hell, why didn't anyone know this before??

Yes, what Trudeau did was far, FAR worse. Not even close. And again...Del Mastro resigned.
    While Del Mastro was criminally charged in Ontario courts, Trudeau paid (up to) a $500 fine, but we are all entitled to look at it for what it is in our opinion. I tend to see it differently (one broke the law, another broke a rule) but hey whatevs... we all get a vote in the end. Maybe more will come of this somewhere down the road, but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Canada has a rich, deep history of crappy things in politics, don't we?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    None of it was tied back directly to Chretien, though. And people went to jail for it.

I feel far more threatened by the PM politically interfering in criminal prosecutions than I am over spending scandals or robocalls. One goes down a far worse road than the others.

Not only did the ethics commissioner say that what Trudeau did was wrong, but that the PMO withheld evidence, which is obstruction of justice.

Further to that, Trudeau wheeled out the first indigenous AG in our country's history (and a woman) to great woke fanfare only to fire her and do everything he could to besmirch her reputation after the fact because she upheld the rule of law.

He ought to resign. He is simply the worst PM of my lifetime.

vCash

Let's lighten things up a little

vCash

I'm little more woke for watching that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I'm little more woke for watching that.
    and I am craving a doughnut,
    ... but when am I not craving a doughnut, lol

vCash

Justin Trudeau has been PM for 4 years. Using "but Haaaarper!!!" as the defense for Trudeau is a fair bit stale and lame at this point. A full-on cop-out, actually.

And if Scheer is Harper 2.0 then we can expect no attacks on abortion rights or the LGBTQ community.