Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 150

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Doesn't mean anything. Just a placeholder for whatever he did to make you despise him back in the day. I don't care if he humped cows. He's gotta be better than the awful jokers in charge now.
    I'm going to say my peace on this and then I'm done with the topic because I'm here to talk football but wanted to clear the air on something that you said. I don't despise Andrew despise is a word with a lot of negative energy and I try to be positive as much as I can. I would definately never hate anyone cause of politics because frankly politics is faker than wrestling. I don't support him because my mother, Joan has worked for him for the past 14 years as his campaign manager at the MP level as well as in his constituency office as a result I've had many occasions to meet him formally and informally and his values do not mesh with mine. If they do for you then power to you. Good day to you.
    In Rod we trust

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I'm going to say my peace on this and then I'm done with the topic because I'm here to talk football but wanted to clear the air on something that you said. I don't despise Andrew despise is a word with a lot of negative energy and I try to be positive as much as I can. I would definately never hate anyone cause of politics because frankly politics is faker than wrestling. I don't support him because my mother, Joan has worked for him for the past 14 years as his campaign manager at the MP level as well as in his constituency office as a result I've had many occasions to meet him formally and informally and his values do not mesh with mine. If they do for you then power to you. Good day to you.
    Fair enough, mate. Although I would say this: politics isn't fake. It's real, with very real consequences for peoples' lives, freedoms, jobs and livelihoods. They are not all the same.

    Sheer may be a very faith based person. That doesn't jive with my values either. I'm a die hard atheist and a secular humanist. But is he going to push his religious views on me? I doubt it very much. A guy like Doug Ford scares me much more than Andrew Scheer.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Fair enough, mate. Although I would say this: politics isn't fake. It's real, with very real consequences for peoples' lives, freedoms, jobs and livelihoods. They are not all the same.

    Sheer may be a very faith based person. That doesn't jive with my values either. I'm a die hard atheist and a secular humanist. But is he going to push his religious views on me? I doubt it very much. A guy like Doug Ford scares me much more than Andrew Scheer.
    I would argue it's fake because the people you see it's all bs the real driving forces are the big businesses for Scheer it's the Gavin Samples, the Reimers etc for Trudeau it would be I assume because I have no insight into what goes on for him but I would assume the Bombardiers, the Irvings etc. Anyway I respect your view you respect mine and we're all good. When you grow up in politics I think it would be like growing up in a pizza parlour either you grow to love and have passion for pizza or the thought of it makes you sick, I'm with the latter.
    In Rod we trust

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,095
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    I still maintain I'd love to go into politics but I was too dumb and wild in my youth... Those skeletons don't need to come out!
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I still maintain I'd love to go into politics but I was too dumb and wild in my youth... Those skeletons don't need to come out!
    If you did do I have a campaign manager for you she's never lost federally or provincially and best of all she still makes me cookies
    #mommasboy4life
    In Rod we trust

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I still maintain I'd love to go into politics but I was too dumb and wild in my youth... Those skeletons don't need to come out!

    I'm with you on that.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I would argue it's fake because the people you see it's all bs the real driving forces are the big businesses for Scheer it's the Gavin Samples, the Reimers etc for Trudeau it would be I assume because I have no insight into what goes on for him but I would assume the Bombardiers, the Irvings etc. Anyway I respect your view you respect mine and we're all good. When you grow up in politics I think it would be like growing up in a pizza parlour either you grow to love and have passion for pizza or the thought of it makes you sick, I'm with the latter.
    No doubt political leaders cater to donors. But if Bombardier were lobbying Justin Trudeau to allow coal fired trains I doubt it would happen. The driving force is the political leader, not the donor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I still maintain I'd love to go into politics but I was too dumb and wild in my youth... Those skeletons don't need to come out!
    I've worked as a parliamentary staffer before. Spent 3 years in Ottawa on the Hill and another 6 as a local staffer. Never wanted to run for office after that.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    No doubt political leaders cater to donors. But if Bombardier were lobbying Justin Trudeau to allow coal fired trains I doubt it would happen. The driving force is the political leader, not the donor.
    Sure dude whatever you say
    In Rod we trust

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Sure dude whatever you say
    Most big corporate donors donate to both parties, mate. Wanna bet on whether Scheer met with SNC-Lavalin as well as Trudeau? Yet their policies are vastly different.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Most big corporate donors donate to both parties, mate. Wanna bet on whether Scheer met with SNC-Lavalin as well as Trudeau? Yet their policies are vastly different.
    Course he did dozens of times. Anyway good discussion. TC
    In Rod we trust

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    352
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    The Scheer debate here is fascinating.
    I don't trust Andrew Scheer one iota. He was elected by the contingent opposed to Maxime Bernier's pro-free market sentiments.

    Last edited by Foxhound; 02-27-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    I trust Scheer a helluva lot more than selfie-boy. And yes, Scheer defended supply management. That's politics. Maxime Bernier is a politician who has many ideas I agree with, but is too idealistic to ever be a successful leader. If he had better judgement he would have waited for Scheer to blow it and he would have had the leadership of the CPC handed to him on a platter.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,095
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    It just keeps getting worse and worse when it comes to politicians to vote for. Lesser of two (or three or four) evils is not the best way to do it. Every party is going to have a couple things that you'd like to see happen, and a bunch of things you hope won't happen so how do you decide? Trudeau has turned out to be way too much like his dad so far.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Former AG Jody Wilson-Raybould just confirmed everything. Political interference by the PMO on SNC-Lavalin.

    I don't know how the PM doesn't resign over this.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,801
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    I predict a pipeline will be approved by the weekend.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    I predict a pipeline will be approved by the weekend.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  17. #107
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,095
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    I predict a pipeline will be approved by the weekend.
    A pipeline to take Quebec's sewage out West instead of dumping into the St. Lawrence maybe... Can a PM get impeached?
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I don't know how the PM doesn't resign over this.
    Simple. As long as he takes selfies, swaggers through parades, cries a couple of times, and buys up every virtue signaling leftist vote out there, he'll see himself as being the most invincible leader in the history of peoplekind.

    He should resign, but you know that he won't. He just won't.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Let's not kid ourselves - do you think Harper would have resigned? Do you think Scheer would? I'm not at all happy with the way this is looking, but it would be hypocritical to get all fake enraged because a Liberal PM is standing firm when a Con PM would do exactly the same thing... but they will go back and forth every time the opposing leader steps out of line, each acting like they are choir boys.
    It's politics kids. Plenty of evil to go around. Hopefully more testimony brings us toward a definitive resolution; and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 02-28-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves - do you think Harper would have resigned? Do you think Scheer would? I'm not at all happy with the way this is looking, but it would be hypocritical to get all fake enraged because a Liberal PM is standing firm when a Con PM would do exactly the same thing... but they will go back and forth every time the opposing leader steps out of line, each acting like they are choir boys.
    It's politics kids. Plenty of evil to go around. Hopefully more testimony brings us toward a definitive resolution; and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    I'm not sure Harper would have done the same thing, mate. Political interference with the Attorney General in a criminal prosecution is NOT normal. It was Harper who separated out the Director of Public Prosecutions in the first place to give that position independence from political interference.

    And one of the most disturbing things about her testimony was the PMO's claim that there would be a line of journalists to write op-eds backing her if she changed her mind. This, after the government just gave that industry a $596M bailout (bribe). Who are these journalists?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I'm not sure Harper would have done the same thing, mate.
    That is fair. I think in trying to make my point that we shouldn't harshly and prematurely judge individuals based on political affiliation, I may have provided an example
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    What's the difference between Trump and Trudeau?

    Trump allowed himself to be investigated.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    What's the difference between Trump and Trudeau?

    Trump allowed himself to be investigated.
    I think we all believe there is a lot more to this story than we currently know, but I suspect that some of it will surprise supporters of Wilson-Raybould. I know we all want the full story to come out, but I'm sure politicians will carefully craft a supported storyline before we find out any more.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I think we all believe there is a lot more to this story than we currently know, but I suspect that some of it will surprise supporters of Wilson-Raybould. I know we all want the full story to come out, but I'm sure politicians will carefully craft a supported storyline before we find out any more.
    Whatever the "more" is, it must be pretty freaking bad for the lengths that the PMO is willing to go to ensure she cannot speak and is smeared at every opportunity.

    From a crisis comms perspective, I don't think that the Liberals could have handled this worse.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  25. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,668
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    649

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Whatever the "more" is, it must be pretty freaking bad for the lengths that the PMO is willing to go to ensure she cannot speak and is smeared at every opportunity.

    From a crisis comms perspective, I don't think that the Liberals could have handled this worse.
    Point taken. Your perspective is a common one.
    Personally I think if you wait, a politician will always find a worse way to do things
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Point taken. Your perspective is a common one.
    Personally I think if you wait, a politician will always find a worse way to do things
    Honestly, if I were Trudeau I would have just admitted that I pressured her, admitted that it was a mistake and apologized to the country. Done, over, and polling recovered by now.

    But at this point they are trailing the Conservatives in every poll and his brand is demolished. You may actually see Andrew Scheer as PM in October.

    Crazy.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sitting in front of a pint
    Posts
    4,435
    vCash
    20597
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    It's actually impressive at just how terrible all of the leaders of all of the major political Canadian parties are. 37 million people, and these are the best we can come up with? Since turning 18, I have never not voted, and that won't change this fall, but I'm really going to have to hold my nose when I vote in the next federal election.

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    It's actually impressive at just how terrible all of the leaders of all of the major political Canadian parties are. 37 million people, and these are the best we can come up with? Since turning 18, I have never not voted, and that won't change this fall, but I'm really going to have to hold my nose when I vote in the next federal election.
    In the modern social media age, who would want the job?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sitting in front of a pint
    Posts
    4,435
    vCash
    20597
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    In the modern social media age, who would want the job?
    True. And who wouldn't have some sort of skeleton in the closet like a crude meme they posted in 2008?

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,183
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    True. And who wouldn't have some sort of skeleton in the closet like a crude meme they posted in 2008?
    Right. So you get phonies like Trudeau and dial-tones like Andrew Scheer.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •