Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

vCash

Canada The Justin Trudeau Report Card

With the federal election just over a year away, and the Liberals' lead over the Conservatives now within the margin of error, how is it that this international selfie-taking celebrity is tied in the polls with a guy nobody would recognize walking down the street?

Here's DDS's Justin Trudeau Report Card

Subject: Finance
    With Canada's net federal debt approaching $700 Billion, a $19B deficit this year, inflation at 3%, while the TSX is only up half of that for the year, you have to give JT a fail on this one. Furthermore, with their last "gender" budget mired in divisive identity politics, polling is showing the Canadians are tiring of this politically correct nonsense.
    Grade: F

Subject: Pipelines
    Bought a $4.5 Billion pipeline he can't build. Played both sides of the issue for too long. Did nothing about the BC government's actions. Has now caused a national unity crisis. Suckered the provinces into carbon taxes on the premise of "social license". But environmental activists don't give social license. They don't compromise.
    He could have worked towards Energy East, which would have allowed the export of energy to Europe, lessening Russia's stranglehold on that market there. Caved to corrupt Quebec politicians who keep importing Saudi oil while dumping raw sewage in the St. Lawrence.

Subject: Indigenous Relations
    Loads of virtue signalling here, very little action. I guess they can have a holiday, but don't get clean drinking water. Like most politicians, too scared of the PC police to discuss the nuts and bolts of why so many indigenous people live in horrible conditions. Hint: it isn't money. The total budget for Northern and Indigenous Affairs is over $9 Billion. Has over-estimated the capacity of Canadians in 2018 to feel guilty about everything that happened in the 1800's through the 1960's.

Subject: Trade
    Another bungled file. Refused to compromise on supply management or anything else really. Eventually the Americans and Mexicans shut them out of negotiations. Now Trump will dictate terms with the threat of auto tariffs. So consumer keep paying inflated prices for milk, eggs and chicken, while the auto sector (which is much larger and employs far more people) essentially ends in Canada.

Subject: Environment
    Loads more virtue signalling from JT and his hyper annoying Minister McKenna. Wants to impose a carbon tax on the country not steep enough to affect behaviour, but large enough to provide economic distortion, job losses, and inflation. Still won't bother with mandatory emissions standards. Thinks Canada with 2% of global emissions can set the example for countries like China (27%) and US (15%) by "phasing out our national engine, the resource sector (only6% of Canada's 2%). Won't predicate his actions on a multinational agreement so we don't lose competitiveness.

Subject: Defense
    Steadfastly refuses to honour Canada's commitments to NATO while lecturing others abroad. Allows our armed forces to languish underfunded with out of date equipment. Has done nothing to fix Canada's broken procurement system.

Overall Grade: F

Worst PM of my lifetime. And that's saying something.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

I may have missed something but could you tell us how you really feel?
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

vCash

F-
    Last edited by Section N; 08-31-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    I may have missed something but could you tell us how you really feel?
    I thought I pulled my punches. I'm extra pissed because I made the mistake of voting Liberal last time. My apologies to everyone.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Long weekend coming up DDS.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I thought I pulled my punches. I'm extra pissed because I made the mistake of voting Liberal last time. My apologies to everyone.
    You forgot how he’s stuck it to small business owners, including some professions that have no choice but to incorporate unless they want to work til they’re 90....while at the same time leaving multimillionaires and large corporations relatively unscathed. Like WTF, and I voted Liberal because,seriously, look at the alternatives....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    You forgot how he’s stuck it to small business owners, including some professions that have no choice but to incorporate unless they want to work til they’re 90....while at the same time leaving multimillionaires and large corporations relatively unscathed. Like WTF, and I voted Liberal because,seriously, look at the alternatives....
    I was so pissed at Harper that I cut off my nose to spite my face.

I'll be voting Conservative next October.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

What did anyone truly expect from this idiot? You could see a trainwreck coming 10 miles away. Canada is so ****** right now, and will be for the next 20 years min.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I'll be voting Conservative next October.
    Our Conservatives in Canada seem to have a love on for the GOP, so no thanks. I’d like a govt that actually cares about people and that doesn’t have social values of the early 1900s and, well, it’s a long list so will stop there.
    Sigh. There goes my promise to myself of not getting into politics on here.

vCash

Our Conservatives in Canada seem to have a love on for the GOP, so no thanks. I’d like a govt that actually cares about people and that doesn’t have social values of the early 1900s and, well, it’s a long list so will stop there.
    Sigh. There goes my promise to myself of not getting into politics on here.
    I'm pretty sure that Andrew Sheer has no love for Donald Trump.

vCash

Politics has become less about voting for the best person/party and more about voting for those that will do the least damage in their wake. Probably been the case for a long time, but even more so now.

It will be an interesting lead up to the election.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I’d run for office but then I wouldn’t be able to post in the Booty Thread anymore...
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I’d run for office but then I wouldn’t be able to post in the Booty Thread anymore...
    But you haven’t been posting in the booty thread!!

vCash

With the federal election just over a year away, and the Liberals' lead over the Conservatives now within the margin of error, how is it that this international selfie-taking celebrity is tied in the polls with a guy nobody would recognize walking down the street?

Here's DDS's Justin Trudeau Report Card

Subject: Finance
    With Canada's net federal debt approaching $700 Billion, a $19B deficit this year, inflation at 3%, while the TSX is only up half of that for the year, you have to give JT a fail on this one. Furthermore, with their last "gender" budget mired in divisive identity politics, polling is showing the Canadians are tiring of this politically correct nonsense.

This one is funny because using money to 'stimulate' the ceremony is awful when you are in opposition but great when you are in power. Harper and his troop did the very same thing as have many other conservative governments. In the long run I've seen zero difference between liberals and conservatives in how they hand debt and spending.

Subject: Pipelines
    Bought a $4.5 Billion pipeline he can't build. Played both sides of the issue for too long. Did nothing about the BC government's actions. Has now caused a national unity crisis. Suckered the provinces into carbon taxes on the premise of "social license". But environmental activists don't give social license. They don't compromise.
    He could have worked towards Energy East, which would have allowed the export of energy to Europe, lessening Russia's stranglehold on that market there. Caved to corrupt Quebec politicians who keep importing Saudi oil while dumping raw sewage in the St. Lawrence.

Well this one once again has go be in comparison to who? The previous government did NOTHING to advance the pipeline situation. As an Albertan I find it far better to buy the thing and get it down in time rather than fiddling around for another 20 years. The big sin with the pipeline purchase will be when they sell it to private enterprise once it starts making dollars.
    Subject: Indigenous Relations
    Loads of virtue signalling here, very little action. I guess they can have a holiday, but don't get clean drinking water. Like most politicians, too scared of the PC police to discuss the nuts and bolts of why so many indigenous people live in horrible conditions. Hint: it isn't money. The total budget for Northern and Indigenous Affairs is over $9 Billion. Has over-estimated the capacity of Canadians in 2018 to feel guilty about everything that happened in the 1800's through the 1960's.

There is no winning for any government in this regard, there appears to be no one unified indigenous group to negotiate with. Until that happens no govt is going to do well in that regard.

Subject: Trade
    Another bungled file. Refused to compromise on supply management or anything else really. Eventually the Americans and Mexicans shut them out of negotiations. Now Trump will dictate terms with the threat of auto tariffs. So consumer keep paying inflated prices for milk, eggs and chicken, while the auto sector (which is much larger and employs far more people) essentially ends in Canada.

No government is willing to compromise on supply management including the present conservatives, the one guy who was against it got booted out of their party. The present 'free trade' fiasco is not at all the liberals fault imo. They have baragine din good faith trump is an ass who is using his clout. It did not help that the Mexicans just stabled us in the back. A loyal Harperite in an editorial just said it is better to make a bad trade deal than no trade deal so I have no thought that the cons or the ndp would do any better playing a poker game where the other side has all the aces.

Subject: Environment
    Loads more virtue signalling from JT and his hyper annoying Minister McKenna. Wants to impose a carbon tax on the country not steep enough to affect behaviour, but large enough to provide economic distortion, job losses, and inflation. Still won't bother with mandatory emissions standards. Thinks Canada with 2% of global emissions can set the example for countries like China (27%) and US (15%) by "phasing out our national engine, the resource sector (only6% of Canada's 2%). Won't predicate his actions on a multinational agreement so we don't lose competitiveness.

Uh, you are using the old tried and true Alberta conservative tact of using the environment portfolio to bleat about how it hurts the economy. This just in it is up to the env dept to fight for the environemnt, it is up to the other govt portfolios to deal the economy and jobs and such.
    Subject: Defense
    Steadfastly refuses to honour Canada's commitments to NATO while lecturing others abroad. Allows our armed forces to languish underfunded with out of date equipment. Has done nothing to fix Canada's broken procurement system.

I do not know enough about our commitments but on one hand you hate the deficient and budget shortfalls and on the other hand you want to spend money on defense.

Overall Grade: F

Worst PM of my lifetime. And that's saying something.
    Trudeau's ridiculous level of political correctness is at an absurd level and is basically getting pretty sickening.

They flat out lied regarding electoral reform.

Their govt performance has not been good overall, if it was they would have no worries about the conservatives but I'd hardly call them F in everything.

As another aside the NDP is just awful these days federally, it was an awful bludner getting rid of Mulcair who at least was excellent in the house. Their nen leader sucks.

vCash

Beerfish, I was grading Trudeau, not Harper. Trudeau owns his own mess. "But Harper did..." is the same thing as Trumpsters saying "But Hillary!!!".

Wanna know my Harper report card? I voted for Trudeau.

vCash

My goodness, folks. No one have even one constructive or positive thought about our current
    Federal Government? If not ... doesn’t this thread seems just a tad biased.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    My goodness, folks. No one have even one constructive or positive thought about our current
    Federal Government? If not ... doesn’t this thread seems just a tad biased.
    Well, that's what happens when your government messes up every file in front of them.

vCash

Well, that's what happens when your government messes up every file in front of them.
    That's a rather BOLD statement.

vCash

I'd agree. There has been good, there has been bad (especially lately).

vCash

Also factual.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Turdeau couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

And what, who, is the alternative?

vCash

Hmmm… what about this guy?

Last edited by Moon1; 09-02-2018 at 05:25 PM.

vCash

Andrew Scheer, anything is better than Trudeau.

Well the NDP would be a disaster too.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Andrew Scheer, anything is better than Trudeau.
    no thanks

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    no thanks
    Sheer seems a lot more sensible and moderate than Trudeau. I'll be voting Conservative.

vCash

Iíd like a govt that actually cares about people and that doesnít have social values of the early 1900s....
    Cares about people? The last thing I want is a government out to do any social engineering. Take care of the finances and let the people make their own choices. And I'm sick and tired of politicians prattling on about social values or family values of any sort. My values are none of their damn business.

I was so furious with Stephen Harper for incorporating social conservatism into his government's policies that I cast a blank ballot.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

[QUOTE=Foxhound;848717]Cares about people? The last thing I want is a government out to do any social engineering. Take care of the finances and let the people make their own choices. And I'm sick and tired of politicians prattling on about social values or family values of any sort. My values are none of their damn business.

I was so furious with Stephen Harper for incorporating social conservatism into his government's policies that I cast a blank ballot.

[/QUOTE

what's your opinion on the separation of children from their families without proper documentation of their parents location. If the American gov says that's the law, then it's OK? Smells of 'We were only following orders'.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Cares about people? The last thing I want is a government out to do any social engineering. Take care of the finances and let the people make their own choices. And I'm sick and tired of politicians prattling on about social values or family values of any sort. My values are none of their damn business.

what's your opinion on the separation of children from their families without proper documentation of their parents location. If the American gov says that's the law, then it's OK? Smells of 'We were only following orders'.
    I don't know and I don't care. I don't give a tinker's damn about American immigration policy. It's their business, not mine. Satisfied?

And you yourself only care because it gives you another chance to snipe at Donald Trump who I don't believe has had anything to do with passing immigration legislation. Do you deny this?

I'm also in no mood to be harassed by hand wringers or bleeding hearts right now. The more I look at the weekend's Fantasy results, the angrier I become.

And what the hell is this habit of yours of peppering me with questions while ignoring any of my own I ask in response? A sly underhanded technique, is it not? Well it's high bloody time you answered some of my questions in that other thread.

Last edited by Foxhound; 09-04-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Sheer seems a lot more sensible and moderate than Trudeau. I'll be voting Conservative.
    Not moderate enough for me... and especially not moderate enough for those many people who aren't white male heterosexual upper middle class Canadians.
    Opposing political parties are a lot like back up quarterbacks. Everyone is calling for change when we lose a game or two. I don't think Scheer knows how to throw a football (metaphorically speaking)
    Our votes will cancel each other out I guess.