Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 209

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    After leading all spring, the Conservatives have blown a 6 point lead and now trail the Liberals again.

    Get ready for a Liberal minority propped up by the Greens and NDP.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,225
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    The election's not over yet... Still time to punt that schmuck out of office!
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    The election's not over yet... Still time to punt that schmuck out of office!
    I just don't know how anyone is going to get a majority.

    I just don't think that AB/SK will accept another Trudeau government. We'll be making Quebec-style threats after this one.

    Those sanctimonious *******s will scream climate change as an excuse for shutting down western jobs while, at the same time, importing Saudi oil and allowing coal tankers and cruise ships to dock.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #154
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,225
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I just don't know how anyone is going to get a majority.

    I just don't think that AB/SK will accept another Trudeau government. We'll be making Quebec-style threats after this one.

    Those sanctimonious *******s will scream climate change as an excuse for shutting down western jobs while, at the same time, importing Saudi oil and allowing coal tankers and cruise ships to dock.
    And literally dumping sh!t into the St. Lawrence...
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,823
    vCash
    170
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    After leading all spring, the Conservatives have blown a 6 point lead and now trail the Liberals again.

    Get ready for a Liberal minority propped up by the Greens and NDP.
    almost like someone told you that there was one man capable of blowing it....and to respond to your other comment no, there will be no majorities
    In Rod we trust

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    almost like someone told you that there was one man capable of blowing it....and to respond to your other comment no, there will be no majorities
    You called it. That's for sure.

    No majority = Liberal+Greens running the country.

    Get ready for the referendum.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,823
    vCash
    170
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    You called it. That's for sure.

    No majority = Liberal+Greens running the country.

    Get ready for the referendum.
    In all fairness it's because I know him and it's still a long way to go 98 days is forever in terms of politics but he won't be able to get the votes in Quebec and Ford sunk him in Ontario plus there are other factors behind the scenes that aren't giving him a fair shake. Anyway politics leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I will bid you a good day.
    In Rod we trust

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,521
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    "Good Day!"

    "I said, Good Day!"

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,823
    vCash
    170
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    "Good Day!"

    "I said, Good Day!"
    d1f4a2dde8e5196da7377526e840099d.jpg
    In Rod we trust

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,467
    vCash
    629
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    And literally dumping sh!t into the St. Lawrence...
    I believe Victoria does the same into the Pacific.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,218
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    874

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    I believe Victoria does the same into the Pacific.
    Yup, we always have. A new sewage treatment plant has been under construction for the last couple years and should be ready in the next year and a half (price tag almost 800 million). I believe we will be the last major city on the West Coast of North America to dump our raw sewage into the ocean.

    The new plant should make my polar bear swim every New Year's a little nicer
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,225
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yup, we always have. A new sewage treatment plant has been under construction for the last couple years and should be ready in the next year and a half (price tag almost 800 million). I believe we will be the last major city on the West Coast of North America to dump our raw sewage into the ocean.

    The new plant should make my polar bear swim every New Year's a little nicer
    Well how about that...had no idea!!! Doesn't change the fact that Quebec sucks, and all that...

    Oh, and wouldn't them not dumping into the ocean make your polar bear swim a little colder???
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,888
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    298

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Felt appropriate...

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,502
    vCash
    2217
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yup, we always have. A new sewage treatment plant has been under construction for the last couple years and should be ready in the next year and a half (price tag almost 800 million). I believe we will be the last major city on the West Coast of North America to dump our raw sewage into the ocean.

    The new plant should make my polar bear swim every New Year's a little nicer
    WHAT!? I did not know that! Where do they do that? Metchosin....that's where they seem to put everything they don't want in Vic, Saanich, or Langford.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,218
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    874

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    WHAT!? I did not know that! Where do they do that? Metchosin....that's where they seem to put everything they don't want in Vic, Saanich, or Langford.
    I believe previously it had been pumped out into the ocean from a few different spots, but the official statement was that the sewage was dumped into the Juan de Fuca Strait. In all fairness the sewage was "partially" treated so that it was 98% liquid form (or close to it, lol). I've definitely seen sewage pipes along Dallas Road at low tide.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,537
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    572

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I believe previously it had been pumped out into the ocean from a few different spots, but the official statement was that the sewage was dumped into the Juan de Fuca Strait. In all fairness the sewage was "partially" treated so that it was 98% liquid form (or close to it, lol). I've definitely seen sewage pipes along Dallas Road at low tide.
    Good thing the Titanic didn't go down outside of Victoria or people would have been trying to float on a different kind of log.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,502
    vCash
    2217
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Scheer wants to review the new Canadian Food Guide? WTF?
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,218
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    874

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Scheer wants to review the new Canadian Food Guide? WTF?
    De-regulate; less rules and guidelines; no warning labels required.
    All in the name of big corp. Less hoops to jump through to maximize profits.
    Sounds like a Conservative strategy. It's worked for them in the past.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Scheer wants to review the new Canadian Food Guide? WTF?
    Who is advising this guy???

    Maybe he wants to lose in October so he can retire early on that MP pension plan.

    Considering how bad Trudeau has been it should be a cakewalk, yet this dumbass keeps screwing it up.

    God help us. Alberta's energy sector is going to get killed by the idiot Liberals and this jerk wants to pander to dairy farmers.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,823
    vCash
    170
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Who is advising this guy???

    Maybe he wants to lose in October so he can retire early on that MP pension plan.

    Considering how bad Trudeau has been it should be a cakewalk, yet this dumbass keeps screwing it up.

    God help us. Alberta's energy sector is going to get killed by the idiot Liberals and this jerk wants to pander to dairy farmers.
    He's being advised by some really awful people but there is an element in the party that wants him to lose believe it or not because they want to be king or queen bee plus he made some big promises to dairy to get their support to win the leadership now he has to pay the piper.
    In Rod we trust

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    He's being advised by some really awful people but there is an element in the party that wants him to lose believe it or not because they want to be king or queen bee plus he made some big promises to dairy to get their support to win the leadership now he has to pay the piper.
    This guy is a moron. Trudeau already gave them what they wanted by losing the USMCA negotiations in order to keep supply management.

    Well, he'll be gone by Christmas and someone better can lead the CPC.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,823
    vCash
    170
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    This guy is a moron. Trudeau already gave them what they wanted by losing the USMCA negotiations in order to keep supply management.

    Well, he'll be gone by Christmas and someone better can lead the CPC.
    I won't agree with moron I would say weak.
    Who knows they may Patrick Brown him.
    In Rod we trust

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I won't agree with moron I would say weak.
    Who knows they may Patrick Brown him.
    Too close to the election. But his weak ass leadership will lead to the Liberals governing in a minority propped up by the Green Party and NDP. Say goodbye to our resource sector.

    How will you vote in the separation referendum?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    De-regulate; less rules and guidelines; no warning labels required.
    All in the name of big corp. Less hoops to jump through to maximize profits.
    Sounds like a Conservative strategy. It's worked for them in the past.
    Oh great. Warning labels already warn people against doing things that are completely retarded. What more do you want? "You may drown if you drive this car off a bridge", "Sticking needle point in your eye may cause bleeding" or "This is a nuclear device. Handle with care. Do not drop."?



    And for your information, the profit motive works. It's what puts products on store shelves. See Adam Smith.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    This guy is a moron. Trudeau already gave them what they wanted by losing the USMCA negotiations in order to keep supply management.

    Well, he'll be gone by Christmas and someone better can lead the CPC.
    Truth.

    Sadly though Maxime Bernier already shot himself in the foot by launching the People's Party. He was the only Conservative Party leadership candidate I really liked.

    Last edited by Foxhound; 07-19-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Bernier has shown poor judgement all through his career. But right now it seems pretty obvious to me, as a political observer with many years working in and around the field, that Andrew Scheer will lose the upcoming election.

    He makes me angry. Trudeau is bad for Canada both economically and socially. And it takes a complete dumbass to blow a 6 point lead on a guy who had had scandal after embarrassment after scandal after embarrassment. But Scheer has managed it. Brutal.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Aren’t the Greens actually Cons that use solar power & recycle? It seems the only thing they disagree about is climate change. Elizabeth May is not a bastion of socially progressive policy from what I gather (though I haven’t dug deep yet).

    I’m honestly asking, not trying to start an argument!

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,313
    vCash
    2715
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Aren’t the Greens actually Cons that use solar power & recycle? It seems the only thing they disagree about is climate change. Elizabeth May is not a bastion of socially progressive policy from what I gather (though I haven’t dug deep yet).

    I’m honestly asking, not trying to start an argument!
    The only party in Canada that is on the radar that denies climate change is the PPC.

    The Conservatives don't deny climate change. They deny that a carbon tax in Canada will solve it. They are correct.

    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while importing Saudi oil?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while allowing hundreds of coal tankers to dock every year in Vancouver?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while allowing cruise ships (1 of which is worse that the entire oil sands) to dock?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while dumping raw sewage into the St. Lawrence and the Pacific?

    The hypocrisy is too much to stomach. The Conservatives are 100% correct on that. Their environmental plan was, unfortunately, so thin on specifics that it was immediately discounted. Just Scheer being a weakling again. It's too bad. The Liberals and their allies will kill Alberta's resource sector and a national unity crisis the likes of which we've never seen awaits us. Book it.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The only party in Canada that is on the radar that denies climate change is the PPC.

    The Conservatives don't deny climate change.
    The Earth may be about 4.543 billion years old. The climate has been changing for roughly that long as well. Humans have only been around for the last 200,000 years.

    But of course your opinion doesn't matter anyway....



    Neither does mine. Those with a socio-economic ax to grind will continue to blame mankind for much if not all of the climate change that has occurred over time.

    Radically Canadian!

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The only party in Canada that is on the radar that denies climate change is the PPC.

    The Conservatives don't deny climate change. They deny that a carbon tax in Canada will solve it. They are correct.

    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while importing Saudi oil?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while allowing hundreds of coal tankers to dock every year in Vancouver?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while allowing cruise ships (1 of which is worse that the entire oil sands) to dock?
    Saying that oil from Alberta is bad while dumping raw sewage into the St. Lawrence and the Pacific?

    The hypocrisy is too much to stomach. The Conservatives are 100% correct on that. Their environmental plan was, unfortunately, so thin on specifics that it was immediately discounted. Just Scheer being a weakling again. It's too bad. The Liberals and their allies will kill Alberta's resource sector and a national unity crisis the likes of which we've never seen awaits us. Book it.
    Ok thanks. I guess what I was really wanting to know/confirm was whether or not the non-climate/environment-related economic & social policy of the Greens is more similar to the Conservatives than any other party.....

  30. #180
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,888
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    298

    Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card


    Maybe you want to issue an apology now Mr. P.M?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •