Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

vCash

Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yes, memorable times with Harper running things

https://pressprogress.ca/101_scandal...nment_moments/
    There's never been a single government in this country in my lifetime that has not had a scandal. But they've never come more fast and furious than under Justin Trudeau. Harper made some bad moves, but JT couldn't carry his lunchbox.

vCash

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

So, now a 3rd ethics commissioner investigation against Justin Trudeau. I think it is pretty obvious that this guy just doesn't have any. Like Trump, he thinks the rules don't apply to him.

He gives a $90 million contract to a charity he has ties to and that paid his mother and brother for speaking engagements. As a sole source contract.

In next year's election, with a 50% debt to GDP ratio, high unemployment and our economy in need of rebuilding, I am by no means ruling out the possibility that, as bad as his campaign started, Peter MacKay will be Prime Minister at the end of it.

vCash

Yeah, this "public speaking for money" thing certainly brings about questions of ethics - how do you address it? I don't know if there is an easy fix. Let's not forget though that Stephen Harper currently gets 50k per speaking event at several events put on by O&G and other industries that benefited immensely from policies he put in place as PM. This is a tried and true thing for politicians, and something I don't personally agree with.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yeah, this "public speaking for money" thing certainly brings about questions of ethics - how do you address it? I don't know if there is an easy fix. Let's not forget though that Stephen Harper currently gets 50k per speaking event at several events put on by O&G and other industries that benefited immensely from policies he put in place as PM. This is a tried and true thing for politicians, and something I don't personally agree with.
    I have no problem with the PM's mom or brother getting paid to do speaking engagements. I have a huge problem with giving a sole source government contract for $90 million to the same charity. These ethical lapses from Trudeau are not a coincidence. There's a pattern there. I honestly do not think he's fit to be Prime Minister. We'd all be better off if Freeland was the PM instead.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I have no problem with the PM's mom or brother getting paid to do speaking engagements. I have a huge problem with giving a sole source government contract for $90 million to the same charity. These ethical lapses from Trudeau are not a coincidence. There's a pattern there. I honestly do not think he's fit to be Prime Minister. We'd all be better off if Freeland was the PM instead.
    Thanks for clarifying your position.

vCash

The Libs and Trudeau 100% deserve to be flogged over this WE thing.

We have a huge government civil service totally unbelievable that they needed charity to handle this.

vCash