Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

vCash

Re: The Justin Trudeau Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    And this is your dad?
    Nahhhhh my dad has an Elvis hair cut and has pretty much forever.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Well, I guess we didn't need Trump auto tariffs to kill GM in Oshawa. All we needed was an excessively uncompetitive business climate. Thanks, Justin.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Well, I guess we didn't need Trump auto tariffs to kill GM in Oshawa. All we needed was an excessively uncompetitive business climate. Thanks, Justin.
    How many more billions of Harper's handouts would you like to keep the plant running this time?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle23828543/

vCash
    Blog Entries

When was the last time a PM didn't attend the Grey Cup game? It's been a while hasn't it?
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

So Justin Trudeau didn't attend? What a jerk.

Meanwhile I seem to recall that his father's keenest ambition was to beat Roland Michener's mark for longest ceremonial kick-off.

Radically Canadian!

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Harper was there.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    and lets blame Justin for the other 4 plants being shut down.
    no phone and internet for 36 hrs due to windstorm. life was hell.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    and lets blame Justin for the other 4 plants being shut down.
    I can't blame him for everything, but between the higher cost of energy thanks to carbon taxes, Canada's regulatory burden, and El Bendeco Naranja's steel tariffs, it's a wonder any automaker bothers with Canada or the US.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

GM's decision probably has more to do with Ontario now having the highest electricity rates in North America as a result of the passage in 2009 of the Green Energy Act massively subsidizing wind and solar power.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    GM's decision probably has more to do with Ontario now having the highest electricity rates in North America as a result of the passage in 2009 of the Green Energy Act massively subsidizing wind and solar power.

Man did the Liberals ever mess up that Province. The combo of McGuinty and Wynne might be the worst 1 2 punch in Canadian history.

Now you add Trudeau to that mix and it will be last business out of Canada turn out the lights.

vCash

Why are we aiding and abetting the U.S. government's ongoing efforts to impose extraterritoriality legislation? Why did Canadian authorities in response to a U.S. request arrest Meng Wanzhou the CFO of Huawei Technologies on suspicion that Huawei violated U.S. trade sanctions against Iran? Attempts to apply extraterritoriality contravene centuries of jurisprudence. Huawei's activities in Iran must conform to only Iranian and Chinese law.

And since when do we in Canada agree that U.S. policies/laws should apply outside the borders of the United States? Why are we acting on behalf of the United States, and with my taxpayer's money? Why are we acting as the lap dog of the Americans? Are we not supposed to be an independent country here in Canada?

What next? Will U.S. laws apply to me in Canada? Are the minions of the fascist state (whose salaries incidentally I pay) going to arrest me Foxhound in Toronto for violating some regulation passed by the American Congress that the U.S. is seeking to apply outside its own borders?

What the hell is Justin Trudeau thinking here? Son of a bitch!

Last edited by Foxhound; 12-06-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Fox, don't trade with Iran and spy on the US (and Canada) using embedded electronics in cell phones you sell in the US market. You'll be fine. I'm actually pretty happy Canada is antagonizing China, finally. What they're doing to us through money laundering, fentanyl dumping, and subverting municipal elections. Allegedly. I wonder what Little Potato knew about this.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BaronAmongYou View Post
    Fox, don't trade with Iran and spy on the US (and Canada) using embedded electronics in cell phones you sell in the US market. You'll be fine. I'm actually pretty happy Canada is antagonizing China, finally. What they're doing to us through money laundering, fentanyl dumping, and subverting municipal elections. Allegedly. I wonder what Little Potato knew about this.
    For once I totally agree with you.