Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Labour Day Rematch After thoughts...

vCash

Sex Labour Day Rematch After thoughts...

Lets here em!

Air out your dirty laundry!

vCash

Re: Labour Day Rematch After thoughts...

Just finished seeing it on the PVR. A 20 point lead in the 4th quarter, and you just knew it wasn't enough. Last week the defense showed up; this week the offense. Turnovers made the difference.

Why didn't they go for 2 on one of the later TD's? Being ahead 6, 13, 20 just doesn't sound good.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

The Defense/Defensive Play calling Sucks

That is all
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

"The only thing I ever feared was failure" - Dan Kepley

vCash

Loved Bryant Mitchell he's an Anquan Boldin type player that really add something
    Duke Williams is a gritty tough guy glad he has a bye week to heal up.
    O line was ok in terms of pass protection 3 sacks for the amount we throw is ok.
    Whyte and Oneill did a great job
    No real penalty problems

No pressure makes a coverage look awful and they didn't need the help.
    No acceleration out of our kick returners.
    Glad we got 7 turnovers if we got six we may not win this one.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

1. I know it won't happen this season, but Bene and his D have to go. Its high school bad. Take 1/2 the players too.

Again for what seems like the 100th time. No pressure, straight bull rushes, A secondary that is beyond bad. So many 2nd and long plays that they'll give up 15 + yards on. They can't play man, they can't play zone.

I know its a win, but we where horse shat lucky to win that. Take away all the drops by calgary receivers and we are looking at a Loss. BLM is a little hobbled and yet we don't pressure him. play after play how many times did we see a Calgary receiver wide freaking open ?

I hate this bend but dont break D - maybe if someone could actually generate pressure it wouldnt be so bad - but when any QB can sit back, pull out a lazy boy, recline back read the paper before throwing the ball a crappy secondary isn't going to cover long enough to make a difference.

Can Suitor just go away. All labour day game and all this game, the banter was all about Calgary. We'd do something and it'd be a 15 sec comment - Calgary does something and they talk about it over and over. Calgary praised over and over and no praise for Esks - just critism and suitor would find away to turn anything into a long spiel about the stamps

more to come i'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Pink Slip Robinson now. I've never seen a return who stops mid return as much he does... he's useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Just finished seeing it on the PVR. A 20 point lead in the 4th quarter, and you just knew it wasn't enough. Last week the defense showed up; this week the offense. Turnovers made the difference.

Why didn't they go for 2 on one of the later TD's? Being ahead 6, 13, 20 just doesn't sound good.
    7 turnovers and almost lose it on the last play. Give up ( how many yards did they give up?) screams ****ty D and ****ty D coach. I look forward to the day Bene is gone.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I hate this bend but dont break D - maybe if someone could actually generate pressure it wouldnt be so bad - but when any QB can sit back, pull out a lazy boy, recline back read the paper before throwing the ball a crappy secondary isn't going to cover long enough to make a difference.
    They gave up 42 points...Tonight I was seeing bending, and I was seeing breaking.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    They gave up 42 points...Tonight I was seeing bending, and I was seeing breaking.
    I know someone will end up saying.. you won, can't u be happy ? how the hell can anyone be happy with a D like that. players , Scheme its all pure **** and its going to be really bloody hard to get to the cup with it.

vCash

I know someone will end up saying.. you won, can't u be happy ? how the hell can anyone be happy with a D like that. players , Scheme its all pure **** and its going to be really bloody hard to get to the cup with it.
    I'm happy that other than the Reilly fumble we were money in the red zone but no one can be happy with that D
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I'm happy that other than the Reilly fumble we were money in the red zone but no one can be happy with that D
    and they shouldn't be. they should be down right pissed off at it. Game in and game out its the same damn ****.

vCash

and they shouldn't be. they should be down right pissed off at it. Game in and game out its the same damn ****.
    Yep no pressure no pressure no pressure
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Yep no pressure no pressure no pressure
    but hey that benevedes is top notch... and you know he's dialed in when he turns that cap backwards.

vCash

At the moment, Edmonton and Winnipeg may have the worst defenses in the league. Montreal and TO have given up more points, but their defenses have been on the field a lot more minutes. I'd love to see points given up per minute on the field.

vCash

but hey that benevedes is top notch... and you know he's dialed in when he turns that cap backwards.
    yeah he's out of this world but not far enough.
    Not loving our D line either sometimes you have to win a 1-1 battle too
    In Rod we trust

vCash

What's even worse is how pleased the locker room is about the D after a performance like this. To hear Bryant Mitchell talk about how the D "balled out," and Aaron Grymes talk about the turnovers they got, and hear Jason Maas speak in glee about it, is rather disgusting.

Benevides' days have to be numbered. It won't happen this season but things need to change on that side of the ball. Period.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    What's even worse is how pleased the locker room is about the D after a performance like this. To hear Bryant Mitchell talk about how the D "balled out," and Aaron Grymes talk about the turnovers they got, and hear Jason Maas speak in glee about it, is rather disgusting.

Benevides' days have to be numbered. It won't happen this season but things need to change on that side of the ball. Period.
    I don't read much into those comments.. what are they gunnsa say ? Wow our d sucks some major balls

vCash

There are certainly some positives to take away and at the end of the day, you take a win against Calgary any way you can. These last two games proved at the very least, we can play with them. To be honest, I think the road team was the better team in both games but ****ed themselves with turnovers.

But at the end of the day, defence wins championships and our D isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Calgary and Saskatchewan and I don’t see how that will change this year.

Did we even get a hand on Mitchell once?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post

nope. not. a. one. I wonder if we even got ONE qb hurry.

vCash

nope. not. a. one. I wonder if we even got ONE qb hurry.
    Probably won’t even have to wash his jersey after this game... unless he got a small grass stain when he stumbled on his own.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    There are certainly some positives to take away and at the end of the day, you take a win against Calgary any way you can. These last two games proved at the very least, we can play with them. To be honest, I think the road team was the better team in both games but ****ed themselves with turnovers.

But at the end of the day, defence wins championships and our D isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Calgary and Saskatchewan and I don’t see how that will change this year.

Nope not even when he fell down on his own then got back up and threw a td
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I would say that this was the second loss of the season that you can blame on the defence. Anytime that you allow 42 points against it is the defences fault. Oh yeah, wait, they won the game. So we still have the offence largely responsible for 4 losses and the defence for 1.

The opposing quarterback had a stellar 54.3% completion average and was able to get by because they were playing three down football for pretty much the whole fourth quarter.

The pressure the Eskimo defence got on the QB was poor the whole game. So many people on here were rightfully complaining about it but then expect the secondary to be able to cover forever. Is that realistic? I think the biggest problem with the defence this game was the lack of results from the front four. When we brought more than four all it did was free up the crossing patterns that were killing us all game.

For the second game in a row the Eskimos were very disciplined and they only took three penalties that were accepted by Calgary.

The thirteen men in formation was a killer late in the game though.

The Eskimos probably got away with some illegal plays and we all know that Calgary did too. That tackle on Adam Konar that sprung Morris for the 75 yard TD run was the worst. The one non-call that I thought was the most bizarre was when Calgary was lined up in punt formation and there was a Stampeder running off the field who was half way between the line of scrimmage and the Eskimo return man. How is that not too many men in the formation or offside? Fortunately the db they threw the ball to can't catch.

The Eskimos have got to quite using Robinson for returns. He runs diaganally too much and always slow down when he needs to be accelerating. Despite his return efforts the Eskimos won the special teams battle thanks to the two turnovers they generated and by not allowing any big returns.

The offence scored 48 points in three quarters which of course was awesome. Unfortunately, they absolutely stunk in the fourth quarter starting with the first play. You cannot fumble the ball at the five. A touchdown there and it is 56 to 28 and that is game over. The offence only got two first downs in the entire quarter. That is a recurring theme. Why were we throwing the ball with 58 seconds left when we are at mid-field? You have to run the ball on that play especially considering that Calgary is out of time outs. That gave Calgary time for an extra three plays. It was a terrible decision.

Did anybody on here think that the offence could do nothing and that the other team wouldn't score? Me either. That is the reality of this team. The offence can't take quarters off and expect this laid back defence to hold the other team off the scoreboard.

In watching the PVR of the game it was sickening how biased in favour of the Stampeders that Cuthbert and Suitor were. I thought it was disgusting when Cuthbert said that the hit by Roberson on Walker was clean and that he said it twice. The guy calls games every week maybe he should peruse the rulebook.

By the way, the Eskimos won the season series against the Stampeders.

vCash

Our d at times was very good.... at times is was very soft

Part of that is on the players just like the 15 west final.. we mentally switch off thinking the game is won... and that’s a leadership issue..

U don’t create 7 turnovers that lead to 31 points and say our defence was terrible..

We gotta learn to play for 60 mins imho and we just ain’t doing that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I would say that this was the second loss of the season that you can blame on the defence. Anytime that you allow 42 points against it is the defences fault. Oh yeah, wait, they won the game. So we still have the offence largely responsible for 4 losses and the defence for 1.

The opposing quarterback had a stellar 54.3% completion average and was able to get by because they were playing three down football for pretty much the whole fourth quarter.

The pressure the Eskimo defence got on the QB was poor the whole game. So many people on here were rightfully complaining about it but then expect the secondary to be able to cover forever. Is that realistic? I think the biggest problem with the defence this game was the lack of results from the front four. When we brought more than four all it did was free up the crossing patterns that were killing us all game.

For the second game in a row the Eskimos were very disciplined and they only took three penalties that were accepted by Calgary.

The thirteen men in formation was a killer late in the game though.

The Eskimos probably got away with some illegal plays and we all know that Calgary did too. That tackle on Adam Konar that sprung Morris for the 75 yard TD run was the worst. The one non-call that I thought was the most bizarre was when Calgary was lined up in punt formation and there was a Stampeder running off the field who was half way between the line of scrimmage and the Eskimo return man. How is that not too many men in the formation or offside? Fortunately the db they threw the ball to can't catch.

The Eskimos have got to quite using Robinson for returns. He runs diaganally too much and always slow down when he needs to be accelerating. Despite his return efforts the Eskimos won the special teams battle thanks to the two turnovers they generated and by not allowing any big returns.

The offence scored 48 points in three quarters which of course was awesome. Unfortunately, they absolutely stunk in the fourth quarter starting with the first play. You cannot fumble the ball at the five. A touchdown there and it is 56 to 28 and that is game over. The offence only got two first downs in the entire quarter. That is a recurring theme. Why were we throwing the ball with 58 seconds left when we are at mid-field? You have to run the ball on that play especially considering that Calgary is out of time outs. That gave Calgary time for an extra three plays. It was a terrible decision.

Did anybody on here think that the offence could do nothing and that the other team wouldn't score? Me either. That is the reality of this team. The offence can't take quarters off and expect this laid back defence to hold the other team off the scoreboard.

In watching the PVR of the game it was sickening how biased in favour of the Stampeders that Cuthbert and Suitor were. I thought it was disgusting when Cuthbert said that the hit by Roberson on Walker was clean and that he said it twice. The guy calls games every week maybe he should peruse the rulebook.

By the way, the Eskimos won the season series against the Stampeders.
    Some great points in here...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post

Those 7 turnovers the d created are the reason we won.. the gameplan was good from bene..

And I’ll say, as much as I agree and I am not a fan of bene I can read through my post history from the day he was hired, but the last few games our defence has done enough for our team to be 8-3

Now I To hope he’s gone in the off season but also the defence did ball out, when u great that many turnovers and put the stamps in a position like we did again last night they can have a bit of swag

Your gonna get the obligatory 4 man rush from bene. It’s his thing.. your gonna get soft coverage at times.. it leads to picks... it’s bends m.o and it drives me batty but I tell u what the defence did some good things last night

When was the last time Calgary Gave up almost 50 points?

Let’s enjoy the win and the bye.. I know I will

vCash

Watched on PVR... the only reason that game ended up getting close was Reilly's fumble. He had an incredible game but if he holds onto that ball they walk away in a winner, instead Calgary was just close enough to play 3 down ball for an entire quarter.

I thought the Esks got away with one on CMC's fumble recovery - Calgary got away with one on Bo's knee clearly being on the ground.

Two of Calgary's biggest plays involved Eskimos being tackled on D, Konar on the 75 yard run and Bazzie on Calgary's 2nd last play. The play on Bazzie was amazing, the Calgary OL did a full on leg sweep to let Bo roll out. The amount of crap the Calgary OL gets away with is absolutely amazing.

Gutsy effort by the Duke.

I love watching Dickinson cry on the sidelines.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Watched on PVR... the only reason that game ended up getting close was Reilly's fumble. He had an incredible game but if he holds onto that ball they walk away in a winner, instead Calgary was just close enough to play 3 down ball for an entire quarter.

I thought the Esks got away with one on CMC's fumble recovery - Calgary got away with one on Bo's knee clearly being on the ground.

Two of Calgary's biggest plays involved Eskimos being tackled on D, Konar on the 75 yard run and Bazzie on Calgary's 2nd last play. The play on Bazzie was amazing, the Calgary OL did a full on leg sweep to let Bo roll out. The amount of crap the Calgary OL gets away with is absolutely amazing.

Gutsy effort by the Duke.

Eh... the only reason that game was close was because our defense is soft. Reilly put up 6 TDs and 48 points, this game should have been a blow out if we had a defense that could reliably put their boot to someone’s throat. Calgary was playing without their star receiver too. Sure, we had some good turnovers... but those were largely due to poor execution by Calgary. Any time a team puts up over 600 yards of offense with 25 minutes of TOP... it was not a good defensive night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Those 7 turnovers the d created are the reason we won.. the gameplan was good from bene..

And I’ll say, as much as I agree and I am not a fan of bene I can read through my post history from the day he was hired, but the last few games our defence has done enough for our team to be 8-3

Now I To hope he’s gone in the off season but also the defence did ball out, when u great that many turnovers and put the stamps in a position like we did again last night they can have a bit of swag

Your gonna get the obligatory 4 man rush from bene. It’s his thing.. your gonna get soft coverage at times.. it leads to picks... it’s bends m.o and it drives me batty but I tell u what the defence did some good things last night

When was the last time Calgary Gave up almost 50 points?

Let’s enjoy the win and the bye.. I know I will
    Any game plan that relies on poor execution by the other team’s offense while allowing them 42 points and over 600 yards of offense on 25 minutes TOP is not a good game plan. If Reilly and the offense hadn’t gone completely bonkers this game against the number one defense in the league, we would have got blown out.
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

vCash

...and expect the top takeaway-giveaway team in the league to cough up the ball 7 times.

vCash

Don't believe I have ever seen a game where both teams kicked off seven times.
    Gutsy, classy game from the Duke. He came thru when the pressure was on and Calgary knew where the ball was going. Hope his injury is minor and he is ready to go next game.
    Can't understand when we were not getting pressure on BLM why we did not put a "spy" on him. He bought extra time moving around which for a QB with limited mobility should not have happened.

Calgary's R OT, #59, sure gets away with a lot of crap. They should switch him to the D, because he is really good at tackling players. Believe it was # 59 that tackled an Esk on the long 75 yd Calgary run .

Hope Gable is ready soon because from what the young RB's have shown we should possibly go to the CFL recycle bin and get a tougher straight ahead player rather than a dancer.
    Don't even want to mention DB's because they looked super on one play and completely lost the next. Loved the Hightower int.

So nice to bet them in our house, bet BLM sulked all the way home.

vCash

that was suitor with the comment the hit was clean. and ya its absolutely sickening the amount they talk about Calgary ( suitor more) Suitor would find a way to get a long speech about something Calgary even when Edmonton did something good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Our d at times was very good.... at times is was very soft

Part of that is on the players just like the 15 west final.. we mentally switch off thinking the game is won... and that’s a leadership issue..

U don’t create 7 turnovers that lead to 31 points and say our defence was terrible..

We gotta learn to play for 60 mins imho and we just ain’t doing that..

I'm sorry I can not say the D was at times very good. They are garbage.
    591 total yards against, in just over 25mins of possession.
    491 yards passing.
    10.4 yards per play.
    Zero QB pressure/hurries.

I'll give them a little credit for actually catching the INTs, but thats about it.

IMO we lose, despite the O's game , if Calgary doesn't have all the drops they had.

vCash

that was suitor with the comment the hit was clean. and ya its absolutely sickening the amount they talk about Calgary ( suitor more) Suitor would find a way to get a long speech about something Calgary even when Edmonton did something good.
    Suitor also didn't think the facemask on the challenge was enough of a facemask to warrant 15 yards (???) and then said the hit on Reilly that drew a 15 yard penalty, where he was in the grasp and completely upright before being blasted in the head, was just unfortunate and that the Calgary player is very clean. He's the god damn worst.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post

The officaiting needs to be held accountable for this. I know it happens for both teams, but when these obvious infractions happen right in front of an official there is no way it shouldn't be called. none.

The leg sweep on Bazzie was dangerous the way he fell backwards - could have been seriously injured.

IMO, and I know this will never happen because it now becomes impossible for the CFL (tin foil hat on ) to control the outcome of games " NO LEAD IS SAFE", but they should allow missed penalties to be challenged. Bring it to light at how bad the officiating is - maybe if game in and game out missed calls are challenged repeatly, then maybe the Commish will admit theres an issue with the officiating and actually do something about instead of just saying " nothing to see here" and sweeping it under the rug.

and I bet BLM and Dickenson cried on each other shoulders all the way back to Calgary