Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 2018-19 Oilers Season Thread

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018-19 Oilers Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    It's hilarious, but it's true as the guy he's challenging isn't exactly a high bar to surpass. Although, that's maybe your point.
    Right, but this isn't where the Oilers should be. They shouldn't be at a point where the guy who ranked 47th in save percentage last year is challenging for #1. That's a freaking joke and the fans deserve a lot better. McDavid deserves a lot better.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Right, but this isn't where the Oilers should be. They shouldn't be at a point where the guy who ranked 47th in save percentage last year is challenging for #1. That's a freaking joke and the fans deserve a lot better. McDavid deserves a lot better.
    100% agree. It's where we are today though, so got to hope for the longer term plan to work out, because the short term is terrifying.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Sure he does. Fans, I'm not so sure. They've continually rewarded incompetence.

All the guys Holland has signed except Chiasson have been for 1 year deals. That's on purpose. His method for fixing the mess that Chiarelli created is to wait out the bad contracts and start over from scratch. In the mean time you get stop gaps with mostly NHL players.

There was no quick fix for the mess Chiarelli made. I'm sure Holland tried to make deals and his trade of Lucic for Neal was beautiful. But the Oilers are on a position of weakness, other GMs know that, so trades that worked for Edmonton were likely very hard to come by.

I'm glad he's being patient and not making stupid trades and deals in some panic to fix it all at once.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Sure he does. Fans, I'm not so sure. They've continually rewarded incompetence.

All the guys Holland has signed except Chiasson have been for 1 year deals. That's on purpose. His method for fixing the mess that Chiarelli created is to wait out the bad contracts and start over from scratch. In the mean time you get stop gaps with mostly NHL players.

There was no quick fix for the mess Chiarelli made. I'm sure Holland tried to make deals and his trade of Lucic for Neal was beautiful. But the Oilers are on a position of weakness, other GMs know that, so trades that worked for Edmonton were likely very hard to come by.

I'm glad he's being patient and not making stupid trades and deals in some panic to fix it all at once.
    I'd call buying out Sekera and having his cap hit on the books for 4 years pretty stupid.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.