Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018-19 Oilers Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2018-19 Oilers Season Thread

I think it's poor form. He's throwing former teammates under the bus because of his failures as a leader. Granted, he likely was dealt a bad hand with management's interference in creating an entitlement culture for the younger star players dating back to even Hemsky, Gagner and Cogs, but he skirts around that and seems to make it all about the individuals at that moment in time. The issue was much bigger than Hall and Ebs enjoying going out partying like pretty much every other young millionaire athlete does, and Ference really seems to be trying to oversimplify who's to blame in this situation in an effort to paint himself in a better light.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    What do you guys think about the Ference comments? Linky.

I'm happy to hear them.

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

There was (is) a culture problem in Edmonton, there's no doubt about that. The problem was placing expectations on 20-year-olds to lead, yet not surrounding them with experienced veterans that could actually play and lead by example. You give most 20/21 year olds millions of dollars, they are going to want to party. The 80's Oilers were renowned for that. Ovechkin is known for his partying ways. Kane punched a cabbie. That isn't the issue. The issue was a couple of elite kids trying to drag along an AHL roster. The issue was no capable veterans (the captain included) available to show the kids the ropes. The issue was a coach who wasn't ready for prime time and was in way over his head.

vCash

Russell moved to IR. While not a huge fan of his contract, he has provided stability in the top 4. Losing him AND Klefbom for at least the next few games is going to be disastrous. Benning-Gravel second pairing tonight, Garrison-Wideman are third pairing. Poor Talbot is going to get destroyed unless Hitch is a miracle worker.

vCash

I just read the article, I didn't see Ference naming names. I don't see how Woodguy's stats refute the comments.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I just read the article, I didn't see Ference naming names. I don't see how Woodguy's stats refute the comments.
    Really? Let's not be naive.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Really? Let's not be naive.
    It is quite a sad thing that he would make such utterly self-serving comments.

And...like being in Boston he hadn't seen his share of whoop-de-doooooo.

Please.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens