Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 601

Thread: GDT—Esks v Sliders

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Some things are hard to justify. Like an unsportsmanlike conduct call well after the play that keeps the home team on the field.

    That call infuriated me as well. How often do you see a flag thrown that long after the play, the kicking team and punt return teams were already on the field.

    Trash talk occurs all the time. What made that any different?
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    16,959
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    That call infuriated me as well. How often do you see a flag thrown that long after the play, the kicking team and punt return teams were already on the field.

    Trash talk occurs all the time. What made that any different?
    Guarantee they thought they missed a UR on the play as Sherritt legally laid the Rider out.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

    http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Or, "well he did land on him with all of his body weight but it's more grey than that" and "I don't know what the command center saw"

    I half expect the only angle made available was magically the original one from the broadcast given TSN refused to show any other angle.

    Jason is pretty good about asking him the questions I directly ask him to ask Bud though... not that Jason works for the CFL.
    I think he was referring to the call on us when something was said. Not the RTP.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,326
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    I think he was referring to the call on us when something was said. Not the RTP.
    I kept hoping that Gregor would ask Bud exactly what was said by Hunter, but he didn’t. Trash talk goes on all the time, as when Marshall constantly yapped at Duke. Why call it then?
    That said, Hunter should just STFU & walk away....

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,311
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I kept hoping that Gregor would ask Bud exactly what was said by Hunter, but he didn’t. Trash talk goes on all the time, as when Marshall constantly yapped at Duke. Why call it then?
    That said, Hunter should just STFU & walk away....
    Totally agree about Money, or anyone else just shutting up.

    To throw a flag on a change of possession, that is over the top.
    Last edited by Esks1975; 10-11-2018 at 07:27 PM.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    My take on Bud’s comments re the “full weight” aspect of our Rule 4 is that the CFL interpretation differs greatly from the NFL one. And I hope that we never go down that path given some of the ridiculous calls down south so far.
    That said, there was ample evidence of head contact that could/should have resulted in the challenge being upheld & the TD negated.
    The asshats over at Riderclowns.com are having a field day in their criticism of Maas even challenging that call. As if Tennessee Corky wouldn’t have done the same thing.....
    Our rule is easier to interpret than the NFL rule. The NFL rule actually says full weight.

    The CFL rule says most weight, so when you see a player land on Reilly with all his weight it is more than most his weight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    The landing on him with entire body weight has to be read in conjunction with AND throwing him violently to the ground....

    He was thrown or stuffed into the ground.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    835
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    After watching the game, and seeing the blatant missed calls, as well as reading the posts on here... I am mad as hell! What I want, and I know everyone on here wants...

    VVVVVVVVVV

    Is for the Eskimos to wake up, come out with passion in their @sses and literally go crazy with anger, grit, determination and to play as though their lives depended on it. Get after the other team and literally beat the $hit out of them. Show no mercy, treat it as though these are the Gladiatorial Games of Ancient Rome.

    I am tired of watching a passionless O line walk around as though what is happening is no big deal. It is a big deal, they have been worked over like a bunch of little school girls and they seem to not mind it at all. Sadly for the Esks, the game is won and lost in the trenches.

    Thank you for your time. I will shut my mouth now and let he rest of you carry on.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    TSN is smiling and grinning.
    More truth to this than most realize. Suitor calls the game rulings for the Riders.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I have never seen the CFL make this call before. Yes, it’s written in the rule book but I have never seen it called. If the NFL wasn’t having so much controversy over that type of play (which shouldn’t be a penalty imo anyway), this would be a non-issue.

    What was the defender supposed to do? He didn’t launch himself at Reilly. He just ran into him and his momentum carried him through.
    I saw it in a CFL game two weeks ago, which is why I instantly copied the rule and posted it. I thought it was on the Eskimos but now I think it was me of the other games, since no one here remembered it.

    I copied and pasted it everywhere yesterday. Which is I think why Bud mentioned I today. 🙂

    Interestingly CFL Command Centre went out a tweet very fast backing up their decision. The speed of it to me says they realized their mistake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Bud seemed to suggest that that portion of the rule is to be read conjunctively.....

    They’d have to add, and........
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,311
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    I sent a simple text to Gregor just before the segment:

    Rule 7
    Article 4
    a)
    and
    b)
    Applied to that play.

    I think the message must have come through loud and clear.

    As for writfilers statement the Bud thinks the rule should be read conjunctively, let's take a closer look (stolen from Pollyphonics on Youtube):

    "Contacting the passer in an unnecessary manner, including stuffing him to the ground, violently throwing him to the ground, and landing on him with most of the defender's weight,"

    Would the quarterback have to be Stuffed to the ground, thrown to the ground and landed on with most of his weight? All three things have to happen?

    No. it includes any one of the three things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    After watching the game, and seeing the blatant missed calls, as well as reading the posts on here... I am mad as hell! What I want, and I know everyone on here wants...

    VVVVVVVVVV

    Is for the Eskimos to wake up, come out with passion in their @sses and literally go crazy with anger, grit, determination and to play as though their lives depended on it. Get after the other team and literally beat the $hit out of them. Show no mercy, treat it as though these are the Gladiatorial Games of Ancient Rome.

    I am tired of watching a passionless O line walk around as though what is happening is no big deal. It is a big deal, they have been worked over like a bunch of little school girls and they seem to not mind it at all. Sadly for the Esks, the game is won and lost in the trenches.

    Thank you for your time. I will shut my mouth now and let he rest of you carry on.
    Absolutely. We need the fiery Maas team back.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    I've refrained from saying anything about Maas.

    I actually think he has his temper under control, is he going to anger management classes?

    I blame all of this on Rhodes.

    Maas should have never have been permitted to take on both OC and HC duties. OC is a very complex task. That blame lays with Brock.

    Brock was hired by Rhodes.

    Brock didn't bring in players to shore up this team for the Grey Cup, Brock was hired by Rhodes.

    Brock fired Hervey.

    If Hervey were here he would have brought in properly scouted players and we'd be a Grey Cup contender.

    Fire Rhodes. Rhodes knows nothing about football.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    140
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    The landing on him with entire body weight has to be read in conjunction with AND throwing him violently to the ground....
    nope - in proper English construction the ", and ..." is disjunctive, meant to make the separate items of the rule stand alone i.e. either "throwing him violently to the ground ..." or "landing on him with entire body weight ..." or any of the other elements of the rule are sufficient to draw the penalty, you don't need more than one of the elements of the rule. As PDO states, comment 559, this is a list.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Brock fired Hervey.
    Brock did not fire Hervey, he was hired after Hervey was fired. Otherwise I'm pretty much onside with your post
    Last edited by Archer; 10-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war.” Flavius Vegetius Renatus (Roman general) 400 AD

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,311
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    I think he meant Rhodes fired Hervey.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,326
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    If there is someone more techy than me, perhaps they could put up the link to Bud’s segment on the Gregor show today?
    Last edited by writfiler; 10-09-2018 at 08:33 PM.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    3,105
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    bazzie is finall coming around
    As was said by another poster Bazzie is streaky gets lots of pressure etc but his sacks come in bunches.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

  15. #585
    Opus's Avatar
    Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    53 Lat - 113 Lon
    Posts
    42,190
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Esks have been ripped off multiple times this season at the ends of games. They were ripped off on Duke Williams not drawing a blatant PI in the end zone and an iffy instant review when Ottawa had 100 different angles of every ****ing play. They were ripped off in Calgary on multiple plays. They were ripped off in Saskatchewan. They were ripped off @ Hamilton when a blatant block sprung the return that led to the game winning points.

    That's four ****ing games.

    It's not evening out.

    Hell they were ripped off last year in Calgary when Maas had no challenges left because of this idiotic one challenge year and Mike ate a blatant head shot.

    It keeps happening.
    Over and over and over... and the apologists keep repeating the same thing.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

  16. #586
    Opus's Avatar
    Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    53 Lat - 113 Lon
    Posts
    42,190
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    The player.

    And Jason said who cares if he's fined the games over to his credit.
    Just wait.... I would almost guarantee you that they call it on us at least once before the year is out now.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

  17. #587
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    140
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    does anyone have a link to video of the hit on Reilly that Maas challenged for RTP?
    "If you want peace, prepare for war.” Flavius Vegetius Renatus (Roman general) 400 AD

  18. #588
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,247
    vCash
    1482
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    does anyone have a link to video of the hit on Reilly that Maas challenged for RTP?
    It’s all over TSN. I have the app but if you go to www.tsn.ca/cfl then choose video then choose one of several clips that discusses the hit, then that should work.

  19. #589
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    14,238
    vCash
    362
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I kept hoping that Gregor would ask Bud exactly what was said by Hunter, but he didn’t. Trash talk goes on all the time, as when Marshall constantly yapped at Duke. Why call it then?
    That said, Hunter should just STFU & walk away....
    All I heard was that he taunted the injured Rider who was down. Which is unbelievably stupid thing to do anyway...

    I do love how we essentially have the last 3 pages about one call with nothing said about the real reason we lost....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

  20. #590
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    16,959
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    All I heard was that he taunted the injured Rider who was down. Which is unbelievably stupid thing to do anyway...

    I do love how we essentially have the last 3 pages about one call with nothing said about the real reason we lost....
    The real reason we lost is a blatant RTP not being called. Period. That's called it's game over, there's no time left on the clock and the game is dead.

    It is very possible to say that the offense didn't play well AND we got ****ed over. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

    Is this team perfect? Hell no. Have they been ****ed over in *at least* 4 games at the very end? Hell yes.

    Would the entire story and thought process around this team be wildly different if there's PI called on Duke @ Ottawa, Hamilton bull**** doesn't happen, Calgary doesn't get 80+ yards on bull**** plays and they call a ****ing RTP? That's the flip to 11-4. All of them were atrocious, all of them went against us so the whole "IT EVENS OUT!" is just plain wrong. It isn't and it hasn't.
    Last edited by PDO; 10-10-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

    http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

  21. #591
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    140
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    It’s all over TSN. I have the app but if you go to www.tsn.ca/cfl then choose video then choose one of several clips that discusses the hit, then that should work.

    thanks, went to TSN but the only clip I can find is imbedded in a video ("Huddle UP: Should the Jefferson pick-six play have been overturned - https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video) where the TSN panel discusses a number of issues from the weekend games including the pick-six. The only video clip they show is the same one that was aired during the game broadcast. Dunigan says that the play should have resulted in an RTP penalty because of helmet-to-helmet contact and the full weight of the defender falling on Reilly. Barker shouts him down saying that it was not a penalty and Stegall agrees with Barker but neither of them address Dunigan's points. Very frustrating, a rapid-fire format and no real discussion aside from Dunigan's points.

    Incidentally, over at RiderFans.com the comments are all of course that there should have been no penalty, no surprise there. There is a surprise though in that a number of the commentators are emphatic that if there was any helmet contact (IF?) then it was somehow Gable's helmet that was driven into Reilly by the Riders D-man. Can't see any evidence for that on the single video angle I've seen but for what it's worth that is what RiderFans seem to be hanging their hats on. It's amazing what you can convince yourself of when you want to rationalize.
    Last edited by Archer; 10-10-2018 at 12:26 AM.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war.” Flavius Vegetius Renatus (Roman general) 400 AD

  22. #592
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,301
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Reilly's head snapped back. RTP. Esks ****ed over on that play.


    No surprise the video showing the hit is mysteriously absent on TSN.

  23. #593
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,466
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Reilly's head snapped back. RTP. Esks ****ed over on that play.


    No surprise the video showing the hit is mysteriously absent on TSN.
    Someone said in the gdt at the time that if that was Calgary there would have been a flag..

    And that in itself is a sad but true fact.....

  24. #594
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,301
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Someone said in the gdt at the time that if that was Calgary there would have been a flag..

    And that in itself is a sad but true fact.....
    If that was again BLM it would have been called 100%

  25. #595
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    6,931
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    If that was Bobo...he would still be laying there.
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - That’s ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

  26. #596
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,311
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Glenn Suitor talking about the challenge. Apparently if it wasn't obvious and egregious they don't want to overturn.

  27. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,869
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Looked pretty obvious and egregious to me.

    (Although I'd rather move on from this issue and talk about our next game...)
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  28. #598
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,466
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Looked pretty obvious and egregious to me.

    (Although I'd rather move on from this issue and talk about our next game...)
    Yea... I agree.. put it to bed.. focus on ottawa

  29. #599
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,247
    vCash
    1482
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    thanks, went to TSN but the only clip I can find is imbedded in a video ("Huddle UP: Should the Jefferson pick-six play have been overturned - https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video) where the TSN panel discusses a number of issues from the weekend games including the pick-six. The only video clip they show is the same one that was aired during the game broadcast. Dunigan says that the play should have resulted in an RTP penalty because of helmet-to-helmet contact and the full weight of the defender falling on Reilly. Barker shouts him down saying that it was not a penalty and Stegall agrees with Barker but neither of them address Dunigan's points. Very frustrating, a rapid-fire format and no real discussion aside from Dunigan's points.

    Incidentally, over at RiderFans.com the comments are all of course that there should have been no penalty, no surprise there. There is a surprise though in that a number of the commentators are emphatic that if there was any helmet contact (IF?) then it was somehow Gable's helmet that was driven into Reilly by the Riders D-man. Can't see any evidence for that on the single video angle I've seen but for what it's worth that is what RiderFans seem to be hanging their hats on. It's amazing what you can convince yourself of when you want to rationalize.
    Try this:
    http://www.tsn.ca/jefferson-comes-up...imos-1.1188297

    It’s just after the 1:20 mark.

  30. #600
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    21,919
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I think he meant Rhodes fired Hervey.
    Correct.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •