Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT—Esks v Sliders

vCash

Attention GDT—Esks v Sliders

I wish I was feeling more optimistic than I am, but I have a bad feeling about this one. By 5:00 PM, we may find ourselves last in the West after a beat down in Regina.
    Sure hope I’m wrong but I’m thinking it could be at least a 15-point margin.....

vCash

Re: GDT—Esks v Sliders

I think the Esks have something to prove, both to those watching and themselves. This is a proud team and there's no one prouder of his performance and the uniform he plays in than MR. Esks by 10.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

Not sure I even want to watch the game today! Another beatdown would be too depressing. What the hell has happened to pro sports in this city??? Both our teams with such rich histories can't seem to figure out how to win. We arguably have the two top players in both the CFL and NHL? Have top facilities and the best fan support. Guessing we likely have leadership issues?

Come on Esks, show up today!

vCash

This game will tell us a lot about this team and what’s going on in that locker room. This is as close to a must win game as there is without being one. If the team comes out lethargic and uninterested again, I don’t see how anyone could argue that they haven’t tuned out this coaching staff.

The Esks need this game more, it matters more to us, so they sure as hell better come out and look like it.

Chris Jones is going to be more than aware of the obvious fact that sending pressure has been the key to stalling our offence. If Maas is stubborn and continues to call plays that take all day to develop, we are going to get killed. Need to be commiting to a run game and calling some rb screens and some quick slants to get the Riders off balance.

The Riders do not give up sacks so the secondary better show up tonight as Collaros will have time throw the ball, and we can’t allow any homerun rushes from Thigpen.

My brain says the Esks have checked out and the Riders win. My heart says the Esks won’t go out this way and will find a way to eek out the win cuz they never do things the easy way.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! GO ESKS!

vCash

The Esks have often surprised me.
    The players are brothers and warriors.
    They can win today.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    This game will tell us a lot about this team and what’s going on in that locker room. This is as close to a must win game as there is without being one. If the team comes out lethargic and uninterested again, I don’t see how anyone could argue that they haven’t tuned out this coaching staff.

The Esks need this game more, it matters more to us, so they sure as hell better come out and look like it.

Chris Jones is going to be more than aware of the obvious fact that sending pressure has been the key to stalling our offence. If Maas is stubborn and continues to call plays that take all day to develop, we are going to get killed. Need to be commiting to a run game and calling some rb screens and some quick slants to get the Riders off balance.

The Riders do not give up sacks so the secondary better show up tonight as Collaros will have time throw the ball, and we can’t allow any homerun rushes from Thigpen.

My brain says the Esks have checked out and the Riders win. My heart says the Esks won’t go out this way and will find a way to eek out the win cuz they never do things the easy way.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! GO ESKS!
    I so agree with what you say. The talent on this team is not in question, just heart and effort lately. Tough to win in Regina at any time.

I'll have to record the game. We're taking Thanksgiving dinner over to my father in law's. Likely won't get to watch it until tomorrow.

vCash

Let’s. ****ing. Go. Already.

I’m damn sick of losing, and I am a damn fan. The players need to want it; the coaches need to want it. We already know it doesn’t matter to Len, so screw him.

Right the ship, right now!

Just win baby! Go Eskimos Go!

And, a Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Esksfans!
    FIRE RHODES!

vCash

Run the damn ball!!!

Well, we've had a week of solid practice, everyone is focused, we know what we have to do, we're in charge of our own destiny, we need to stay focused, every single player has to execute his tasks on every play, we need to stay out of penalty trouble, we need to start strong and play a full meaningful 60 minutes. Did I miss anything?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin View Post
    I think the Esks have something to prove, both to those watching and themselves. This is a proud team and there's no one prouder of his performance and the uniform he plays in than MR. Esks by 10.
    they had something to prove against Winnipeg too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Not sure I even want to watch the game today! Another beatdown would be too depressing. What the hell has happened to pro sports in this city??? Both our teams with such rich histories can't seem to figure out how to win. We arguably have the two top players in both the CFL and NHL? Have top facilities and the best fan support. Guessing we likely have leadership issues?

Come on Esks, show up today!

coaching IMO. We where prettty good with CJ at the helm....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what we'll see... they could look like world beaters or they could look like hot garbage. They can get motivated ( labour day series ) or they can look horrible....

What I expect to see is most likely hot garbage. I don't see Maas game planning for a aggressive CJ Defense. So at least when I watch I won't be expecting a good effort and should they actually have the effort and win I'll be really happy instead of pissed off when I watch them play like ****.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    they had something to prove against Winnipeg too...

- - - Updated - - -

coaching IMO. We where prettty good with CJ at the helm....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what we'll see... they could look like world beaters or they could look like hot garbage. They can get motivated ( labour day series ) or they can look horrible....

What I expect to see is most likely hot garbage. I don't see Maas game planning for a aggressive CJ Defense. So at least when I watch I won't be expecting a good effort and should they actually have the effort and win I'll be really happy instead of pissed off when I watch them play like ****.
    How can Maas NOT gameplan for what to expect from a Jones D? Any OC worth his salt should know what to expect & how to counteract it.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    How can Maas NOT gameplan for what to expect from a Jones D? Any OC worth his salt should know what to expect & how to counteract it.....
    I agree how can he NOT....but nothing ive seen this season says he will..../. IMO he thinks too much like a gunslinging QB and not enough as a OC

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Let’s. ****ing. Go. Already.

I’m damn sick of losing, and I am a damn fan. The players need to want it; the coaches need to want it. We already know it doesn’t matter to Len, so screw him.

Right the ship, right now!

Just win baby! Go Eskimos Go!

And, a Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Esksfans!
    Damn right! We're all sick of losing! Right the ship Eskimos!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coach_ditka View Post
    Well, we've had a week of solid practice, everyone is focused, we know what we have to do, we're in charge of our own destiny, we need to stay focused, every single player has to execute his tasks on every play, we need to stay out of penalty trouble, we need to start strong and play a full meaningful 60 minutes. Did I miss anything?
    Coach Maas? Is that you???? ....

vCash

Not at all excited about this team. I’m very pissed at management. We are hosting the Grey Cup and from game one forward I didn’t feel we made any off season moves.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Well, in the event that the Esks deliver another stinker at least there is a Star Wars marathon on today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Not at all excited about this team. I’m very pissed at management. We are hosting the Grey Cup and from game one forward I didn’t feel we made any off season moves.
    I am really surprised that we were not able to to take advantage of any NFL cuts. I realize that some guys may prefer to try to get on a practice roster or otherwise exhaust all their NFL options, that said, I would have thought that we could have at least have got one of our guys to come up.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

If both teams play their best football the Esks win.

If the Esks have a single shred of the team they used to be still in them, they will show up for this one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    If both teams play their best football the Esks win.

If the Esks have a single shred of the team they used to be still in them, they will show up for this one.
    Yes sir! Let’s go!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    You can say that about every team and yet Saskatchewan continually has been shutting down offenses for the last third of the year. My biggest worry is how we react with adjustments in-game. Because we have been atrocious at that this whole season.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

vCash

Weather looks good..

vCash

wonderful start....
    In Rod we trust

vCash

2 and out, Reilly under pressure, Hazelton with a straight up drop.

Good to see they are dialed in......

vCash

Wow has Hazelton been a disappointment since his return.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Take the ball and produce that?? Mmmmm

vCash

The guy drops it and Maston starts wiggling his finger like he did something.....
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Another million mile pass to a player completely open and completely uncovered.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Good news Bazzie will be on the stat sheet this week with a 10 yard unnecessary penalty
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Hands to the face because he was being held.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Another million mile pass to a player completely open and completely uncovered.
    Apprears bt sport is 10 second behind you..