Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of all CFL sponsors (to boycott)

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Unfunny List of all CFL sponsors (to boycott)

Since the CFL & TSN figure they can do as they please with the rules, canning certain results.. then they can do it without my money.

Want a full list of places to avoid.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Re: List of all CFL sponsors (to boycott)

Haven't spent a dime or watched a game not involving the Esks since the Labour Day cook and have no regrets.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

All those ref thefts earlier in the season are haunting us now!

Super Moderator

vCash

So far I've got:
    Bell
    The Brick
    Nissan
    GMC
    Shaw
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Haven't spent a dime or watched a game not involving the Esks since the Labour Day cook and have no regrets.
    Me too. I don't always watch the Eskimos games either.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Since the CFL & TSN figure they can do as they please with the rules, canning certain results.. then they can do it without my money.

I was thinking the responses might give me a hint about where you're coming from but so far nada.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    I was thinking the responses might give me a hint about where you're coming from but so far nada.
    I think there are Esks fans that are upset that the late in the Riders/Esks game pancake hit on Reilly that led to the game wining TD by Jefferson was not called a penalty, even upon review. Of course when Lulay got pancaked by John Bowman that put Lulay out of the game (several games) with a dislocated shoulder there was no penalty. So we do see some consistency on the part of the CFL.
    Long time Lions fan

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I think there are Esks fans that are upset that the late in the Riders/Esks game pancake hit on Reilly that led to the game wining TD by Jefferson was not called a penalty, even upon review. Of course when Lulay got pancaked by John Bowman that put Lulay out of the game (several games) with a dislocated shoulder there was no penalty. So we do see some consistency on the part of the CFL.
    OK so what does TSN have to do with that?

vCash

This is the fifth loss by the Eskimos that was heavily influenced by CFL officiating and one of two that would have most certainly been wins if not for the incompetent officiating. Those being the @ Hamilton and @Saskatchewan games.

The Hamilton game was bad for the sheer number of poor/negligent calls/non-calls and this one for such an egregious error in applying the rules of the game on a call that was challenged. It was a black and white infraction that CFL control ruled against.

TSN seems to somehow avoid showing replays of the play in question and it seems that Glenn Suitor is listened to in the control centre.

Many people feel that TSN caters to the Riders.

- - - Updated - - -

They may be showing some consistency but how much of a win is it for the CFL and TSN that Lulay was out of the line-up and we got to watch Jennings flounder?

vCash

Does the boycott extend to Grey Cup festivities and does it exist at all if the Esks are playing in the GC?

In most cases I am not a fan of boycotts because more often then not, there are innocent, unintended victims of a boycott.
    Long time Lions fan

vCash

I do watch a lot of CFL football and I don't think I could really boycott any of their sponsors as I already don't use any of the sponsors services or products. I did buy a Frosty at Wendy's a couple of years ago but I'm not about to buy a new car or truck because they advertise during the game. I do appreciate them supporting the CFL though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    This is the fifth loss by the Eskimos that was heavily influenced by CFL officiating and one of two that would have most certainly been wins if not for the incompetent officiating. Those being the @ Hamilton and @Saskatchewan games.

The Hamilton game was bad for the sheer number of poor/negligent calls/non-calls and this one for such an egregious error in applying the rules of the game on a call that was challenged. It was a black and white infraction that CFL control ruled against.

TSN seems to somehow avoid showing replays of the play in question and it seems that Glenn Suitor is listened to in the control centre.

Many people feel that TSN caters to the Riders.

- - - Updated - - -

They may be showing some consistency but how much of a win is it for the CFL and TSN that Lulay was out of the line-up and we got to watch Jennings flounder?
    Yessir.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

For the record, I don't see that as a canned result. I thought that was a play that was 50/50. I don't think it was careless or intentional by Evans nor was it intentionally aggressive. It was a good challenge by Maas because it was close and the result of the play and the timing of it make it a must challenge. But it was also so close that I could see Rider fans being just as upset if the call went the other way. Because it's so close, I'm okay deferring to the field officials.

vCash

I can see the on field officials missing it in real time (getting distracted by the interception) but the penalty is there in black and white. Command blew it.

vCash

It is quite hilarious the way people rag about the CFL and officiating while believing the CFL somehow manages to pull off this league-wide conspiracy...

Makes for good reading...I will say that.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I do watch a lot of CFL football and I don't think I could really boycott any of their sponsors as I already don't use any of the sponsors services or products. I did buy a Frosty at Wendy's a couple of years ago but I'm not about to buy a new car or truck because they advertise during the game. I do appreciate them supporting the CFL though.
    Never ever diss the frosty!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    For the record, I don't see that as a canned result. I thought that was a play that was 50/50. I don't think it was careless or intentional by Evans nor was it intentionally aggressive. It was a good challenge by Maas because it was close and the result of the play and the timing of it make it a must challenge. But it was also so close that I could see Rider fans being just as upset if the call went the other way. Because it's so close, I'm okay deferring to the field officials.
    Bingo! We have a winner. It was so 50/50 that if the play happened in the 1st half Maas may have kept the challenge flag in his pocket.

vCash

Been so many posts about this, but on the Esk show on CHED, Maas said Reilly told him that he took a shot to the head.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Been so many posts about this, but on the Esk show on CHED, Maas said Reilly told him that he took a shot to the head.
    when your head snaps back you took a head shot. FU CFL.

vCash

That's ABSOLUTELY crazy if you love the CFL and Canadian football in general.

Boycott the companies that sponsor NFL telecasts in Canada instead!

Can anybody provide a list of such NFL sponsors? I don't have a TV. Not that I'd watch the NFL anyway of course.

Radically Canadian!

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    That's ABSOLUTELY crazy if you love the CFL and Canadian football in general.

Boycott the companies that sponsor NFL telecasts in Canada instead!

Can anybody provide a list of such NFL sponsors? I don't have a TV. Not that I'd watch the NFL anyway of course.

Crazy is being duped time and time again, and not holding them accountable for their actions. The league sponsors will hold them accountable if they feel their business could be hurt by the leagues indifference.

If you really cared about the league, or the integrity of it...then you wouldn't just shrug your shoulders and stick your head in the sand.

vCash

Crazy is being duped time and time again, and not holding them accountable for their actions. The league sponsors will hold them accountable if they feel their business could be hurt by the leagues indifference.

If you really cared about the league, or the integrity of it...then you wouldn't just shrug your shoulders and stick your head in the sand.
    Arrrrggghhh!!!! My bottom line is the survival of the league! Boycott the sponsors, and these companies will drop their sponsorship thus endangering the survival of the league.

I can't believe that you started this thread in response to the Eskimos playing like crap and finding a way to lose a game to an inferior club they should have had no problem destroying.

Like I say, why are you not providing us with a list of NFL sponsors to boycott instead? That's what a real CFL fan should/would be doing.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    It is quite hilarious the way people rag about the CFL and officiating while believing the CFL somehow manages to pull off this league-wide conspiracy...

Makes for good reading...I will say that.
    Lol,, it's something isn't it.

Keep in mind I'm sure there's quite a few of them that seldom see out side their mothers basement. Quite the crew lol.
    Edmonton Eskimos.
    Western Division 1st place: 231953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2015
    Western Division Champions: 231952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1960, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2015
    Grey Cup championships: 141954, 1955, 1956, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005 and 2015

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walleyes View Post

Keep in mind I'm sure there's quite a few of them that seldom see out side their mothers basement. Quite the crew lol.
    Yup...that must be it.

Sucker

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walleyes View Post

Well I do take my Mom to almost every game but I don't live in her basement.

It is interesting to note that the second place Riders with their vaunted defence has surrendered 373 points. The Eskimos with their terrible defence have allowed 389 points against. The Riders have scored three more points (386-383) than the Eskimos. One team has a 10-5 record and sits in second place while the other is in fifth. You can say all you want about the team being better to not put themselves in this situation and it would be true.

If it wasn't for the officiating and command centre errors in the @Hamilton and @ Saskatchewan games the Eskimos almost certainly have two more wins and they would both be tied at 9-6. The Eskimos would be in second place today if not for officiating. They would be in third place if command centre applied the rules on one single challenge.

That is why the gong show officiating and more so the command centre rulings are so important.

TSN showed the replay a total of three times (twice from the same angle) in the entire challenge break. Is that good broadcasting?

What I did see on the replay was that there was an official right by Reilly when he was tackled and did't start moving towards where the play was going until after he was tackled. That indicates to me that there is an official who is unaware of what is in the rulebook. Sad.
    Last edited by Esks1975; 10-13-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spacing

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    There is no doubt the call should have been made, QBs are afforded extra protection for good reason, Evans landed on him with full body weight. It doesn’t matter the intent, it violated the rules.

There are a lot of roughing the passer calls where the player didn’t intend to injure or harm a QB.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I should add, I sent a letter registered mail to the Commish.

I wanted him to answer why the Command Centre made that call, when it was so clear the rules dictated otherwise.

I also asked him why I should continue watching this poorly officiated product. If I get a reply, I will post both the letter that I mailed and the reply.

I felt a snail mail letter was more likely to garner a response than an email.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post

I wanted him to answer why the Command Centre made that call, when it was so clear the rules dictated otherwise.

I also asked him why I should continue watching this poorly officiated product. If I get a reply, I will post both the letter that I mailed and the reply.

I hope the league has enough class to respond to u buddy..

They should!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post

I agree and kudos to you for doing that
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Your boycott of GMC must have worked. The CEO of General Motors must have heard you weren't going to buy your $3000.00 GMC off Kijiji must have made the call to the commish and told him Opus is pissed he's onto us, make it so the the Esks win,, well done Opus you got us a win,, lol.
    Edmonton Eskimos.
    Western Division 1st place: 231953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2015
    Western Division Champions: 231952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1960, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2015
    Grey Cup championships: 141954, 1955, 1956, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005 and 2015