View Poll Results: Eskimos 2018 Grey Cup Champs or No playoffs but Rhodes fired?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Esks win Grey Cup 2018

25 75.76%
  • Esks out of playoffs but Rhodes fired in the offseason

8 24.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which would you prefer?

vCash

Question Which would you prefer?

Of the two options which would u prefer.

Eskimos make the playoffs in the cross over, Represent the East in a Grey Cup game at home against Cal or Sask and win.

or

Eskimos are out of the playoffs but Rhodent is fired in the offseason.
    Last edited by Esks4ever; 10-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.

vCash

Re: Which would you prefer?

Rhodent fired.

There is no chance in hell the Esks beat Calgary or the Riders. The worst thing in the world would be to make it to the Grey Cup and have Calgary or even worse JONES beat the Esks for the cup on their home field.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 10-08-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Rhodent fired.

There is no chance in hell the Esks beat Calgary or the Riders.
    I wouldn't say that. We beat the Stamps just a few weeks ago, and if not for one play, were on our way today. As hard as it is to see right now, all is not lost.

(I reserve the right to change this opinion a couple of weeks from now.)
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Calgary or Riders would get the ESKS locker room for the GC if the Esks backed into the GC..PRICELESS

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by coach_ditka View Post
    Calgary or Riders would get the ESKS locker room for the GC if the Esks backed into the GC..PRICELESS
    I guarantee they would not.

- - - Updated - - -

I could never not want to win the Cup.

However, regardless of this...Rhodes should still be fired.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I wouldn't say that. We beat the Stamps just a few weeks ago, and if not for one play, were on our way today. As hard as it is to see right now, all is not lost.

(I reserve the right to change this opinion a couple of weeks from now.)
    All is not lost nor yet but we gotta win our now..

vCash

I am shocked that anyone would not vote to win the Grey Cup. That's what it is all about!!!!
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I am shocked that anyone would not vote to win the Grey Cup. That's what it is all about!!!!
    Amen

vCash

Not according to 'ole Lenny.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

http://www.nonstopsportspicks.com/br...-professional/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Winning isn't every thing, it's "not enough". Our president told me that. It's all about the bottom line.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Grey cup win 1000 out of 1000 times

vCash

Missing the playoffs won't get Rhodes fired. He has meat shields to use first, namely Jason Maas.

Always have to cheer for the Esks winning the Grey Cup. It looks unlikely at this point in time, but it is still entirely possible, stranger things have happened in this league.

The ideal answer, of course, would be that the Eskimos win the Grey Cup AND Rhodes gets fired.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Missing the playoffs won't get Rhodes fired. He has meat shields to use first, namely Jason Maas.

Always have to cheer for the Esks winning the Grey Cup. It looks unlikely at this point in time, but it is still entirely possible, stranger things have happened in this league.

The ideal answer, of course, would be that the Eskimos win the Grey Cup AND Rhodes gets fired.
    I agree

If we don’t make the play offs Rhodes will be a ways down the list..

vCash

I’m voting the Grey cup, no question.

It’s actually sickening that there would be votes otherwise if you’re an “Eskimo Fan.”

If you’re waiting for Len Rhodes to get fired, it’s going to be a long wait. And in the mean time, don’t act like you support the team but bash everything they do. Just put down the keyboards, turn off the games, and complain elsewhere. I hate Len Rhodes and I told him that personally to his face. Told him I would never forget that he fired Ed but as an Eskimos “fan,” I would still support the team I grew up rooting for. That won’t change.

- - - Updated - - -

And please, let’s not act like Len Rhodes will be using Jason Maas as a shield. When/if Maas is fired, it will be because he absolutely deserves it. And that sucks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post

It’s actually sickening that there would be votes otherwise if you’re an “Eskimo Fan.”

If you’re waiting for Len Rhodes to get fired, it’s going to be a long wait. And in the mean time, don’t act like you support the team but bash everything they do. Just put down the keyboards, turn off the games, and complain elsewhere. I hate Len Rhodes and I told him that personally to his face. Told him I would never forget that he fired Ed but as an Eskimos “fan,” I would still support the team I grew up rooting for. That won’t change.

- - - Updated - - -

And please, let’s not act like Len Rhodes will be using Jason Maas as a shield. When/if Maas is fired, it will be because he absolutely deserves it. And that sucks.
    Lot of ****ing truth in this post! Lots of truth... well said sir..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that if the Esks miss the playoffs, Maas will deserve it. But Rhodes will use Maas as an excuse and argue that needs to be addressed first, thus using Maas' failings as a coach as a shield for his own failings.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    I would say that if the Esks miss the playoffs, Maas will deserve it. But Rhodes will use Maas as an excuse and argue that needs to be addressed first, thus using Maas' failings as a coach as a shield for his own failings.
    If maas gets canned next month.... won’t Len be technically doing his job? Won’t that be classed as putting right a failing. ??
    I see a few folx really calling for Rhodes head but I’m not sure how u judge him and what is failing to work.. when he can fire several people and have clean slate..

What are the grounds for firing Rhodes is what I mean..outside of as boydo said him being a non football guy when, the board obv knew this when they hired him..

It’s more than making money but what does Rhodes do to get fired?

vCash

Of course if Ed had been here the last two years we'd likely have two elite starting gems coming in and performing on a cheap contract and with so many close games 1 or 2 playmakers might have been enough to turn the tide.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I agree

If we don’t make the play offs Rhodes will be a ways down the list..
    Len should be at the top of the list. He is the top of a downward spiral.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Len should be at the top of the list. He is the top of a downward spiral.
    Lost Chris Jones and Ed Hervey on his watch for non-football related reasons and now might be about to lose Reilly as well.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Of course if Ed had been here the last two years we'd likely have two elite starting gems coming in and performing on a cheap contract and with so many close games 1 or 2 playmakers might have been enough to turn the tide.
    I agree with this 100%.

I am curious why Maas is getting all the heat and not the GM. Has Maas made mistakes, you bet but so has the GM. We are hosting the playoffs and there is a very real possibility the Esks won't even make the playoffs. The roster wasn't good enough last year. There was holes in the roster last season, he chose to stand pat rather than address them. There are a ton of holes on this team this year. Like seriously, take Reilly off the team and replace him with who ever, are the Esks a championship team? Not a chance. The QB is the #1 position on a football team and the Eskimos are blessed with the best QB and player in the league. That isn't me saying that, that's the overwhelming opinion across the league.

vCash

I agree with this 100%.

I am curious why Maas is getting all the heat and not the GM. Has Maas made mistakes, you bet but so has the GM. We are hosting the playoffs and there is a very real possibility the Esks won't even make the playoffs. The roster wasn't good enough last year. There was holes in the roster last season, he chose to stand pat rather than address them. There are a ton of holes on this team this year. Like seriously, take Reilly off the team and replace him with who ever, are the Esks a championship team? Not a chance. The QB is the #1 position on a football team and the Eskimos are blessed with the best QB and player in the league. That isn't me saying that, that's the overwhelming opinion across the league.
    Maas is getting the heat largely because of TSN imo. They hated what he did with the live mic game and have sewered him at every opportunity since.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

It is like they have a camera dedicated to covering Maas.

vCash

I agree with this 100%.

If we end up missing the playoffs, there will plenty of shade to go around, including Brock. Much Like Ed's final year here where we went 10-8 and were the cross over team, you need to look at why that happened. For me it starts and ends with the common denominator from the last 3 seasons and through 2 GM's and that is the coaching staff. While I believe Maas can be a good coach, I'm not convinced he can do both roles effectively and Bene has been a disaster for 3 years now, time to move on.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

I am surprised to be saying this because I like a Chris Jones like attacking defence but I think that Bene is getting too much of the blame for the losses the team has had. Especially the last two.

We definitely need to have the head coach separated from O.C.

Len Rhodes is also a common denominator. If anyone goes he should be first....

And someone should go!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I am surprised to be saying this because I like a Chris Jones like attacking defence but I think that Bene is getting too much of the blame for the losses the team has had. Especially the last two.

We definitely need to have the head coach separated from O.C.

Len Rhodes is also a common denominator. If anyone goes he should be first....

And someone should go!
    Bene D to watch is absolutely terrible.

Of all their losses there is only 1 you can pin on the D. One.

It's effective because it forces CFL QB's to make 10-12 proper reads and throws in a row. That rarely happens across the entire field.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Id like both.

Rhodes has to go.

He dismissed Hervey for no football reason.

With the loss of Hervey, we have lost effective scouting.

With the loss of Hervey we have lost team loyalty.

Rhodes knows nothing about football.

Rhodes has replaced two GMs now.

Rhodes hired Brock.

Brock has made no changes.

Brock permitted Maas to carry out the duties of OC. He should have said no. OC is a very complex task.

Rhodes is only concerned about non-football entertainment.

Everything points back at Rhodes.

Rhodes will never be an Eskimo.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    I’d like both.

Rhodes has to go.

He dismissed Hervey for no football reason.

With the loss of Hervey, we have lost effective scouting.

With the loss of Hervey we have lost team loyalty.

Rhodes knows nothing about football.

Rhodes has replaced two GMs now.

Rhodes hired Brock.

Brock has made no changes.

Brock permitted Maas to carry out the duties of OC. He should have said no. OC is a very complex task.

Rhodes is only concerned about non-football entertainment.

Everything points back at Rhodes.

Rhodes will never be an Eskimo.
    Isn’t Brock about as much of a “football guy” as Danny Maciocia (sp?)? Would he know any better?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Maas is getting the heat largely because of TSN imo. They hated what he did with the live mic game and have sewered him at every opportunity since.
    Getting heat because of TSN?

How about because he's sucked as a head football coach?

vCash

For those of you who have your lips still pressed against Ed Hervey's arse, here's a link for you to click on:

https://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/index.php

Seriously. Good lord. I found this link with a quick Google search.

Ed Hervey is gone. He's been gone for nearly 2 years. It's not the decision I would have made if I was the BOG or the President, but what's done is done. I started an Ed Hervey appreciation thread the second he was let go. He deserved it for all he's done as a player and executive. With that said, that era of Eskimos football is over. If you're unhappy with the Eskimos (as I am), criticize them. Voice your frustration. Because I am and I have been for the majority of the year. So much so that I've been referred to as negative over and over again. But with that said, I'm criticizing them specifically on football decisions that have been made, most at the hands of Jason Maas. I'm not criticizing them because I still long and fantasize for the days of Ed Hervey and I want to be the correct one who said "I told you so" years ago.

Jesus, you guys still stalk and hope your ex-girlfriends of the past are having ****ty lives and relationships?