View Poll Results: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 97.47%
  • No

2 2.53%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Attention Should Rhodes be Fired?

I think I know how this poll is gonna go, but it might be good to make things real clear for anybody outside this forum that might be lurking in...

Attached Images Attached Images

vCash

Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Hopefully nobody is high before answering this poll!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Hopefully nobody is high before answering this poll!
    It’s not bad at all ��
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

vCash

He should be but he won't.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I have a feeling he has insulated himself pretty well and the fact there are few in the media outside of a couple people who are completely failing to point the finger his way says it all for me..
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Absolutely and Sean Fleming should be hired.

vCash

I don't know much, but I do know that Chris Jones and Ed Hervey should still be eskimos. Think of all the players we lost to Saskatchewan and even BC, not to mention the instability that could have effected the confidence of veteran players like willis, bowman, and others. We should be a dynasty team, instead we are at the bottom of the western division. I don't blame JM or BS, I blame Rhodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Rhodes will be fired, JM is the unfortunate scapegoat. Maas never should have been put in this situation and I am fed up.

vCash

I do not like nor have I ever like the old rhodent moniker, it's annoying and too disrespectful imo. Should he be taken to task for poor moves and should he be fired? I voted Yes. Should he be made fun of with a nasty, bullying nickname? No.

Just my take.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo_RoB View Post
    I don't know much, but I do know that Chris Jones and Ed Hervey should still be eskimos. Think of all the players we lost to Saskatchewan and even BC, not to mention the instability that could have effected the confidence of veteran players like willis, bowman, and others. We should be a dynasty team, instead we are at the bottom of the western division. I don't blame JM or BS, I blame Rhodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Rhodes will be fired, JM is the unfortunate scapegoat. Maas never should have been put in this situation and I am fed up.
    I agree this franchise is in pretty rough shape and has been since start of 2016 season. Successful sports franchises all have one thing in common and that's great management (See Calgary!) When the power struggle happened between Rhodes and Hervey, Hervey should have come out on top. Pretty strong personality and likely not everyones cup of tea but a STRONG football person. Esk's face a rebuild now and current management gives me no sense they are capable of doing it. Suspect they will see further erosion of the season ticket holder base and it will be financial pressure that causes change at the top. Not convinced that will happen for another year or two which is sad!

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo_RoB View Post
    Jones was a climber and EH was aware that he wasn't going to be content with just being a HC for long if another opportunity arose. That's why his second contract was for 2 years. He did however, turn around the culture and put the lockerroom in the right direction from where it was. So in essence, CJ did his job
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I do not like nor have I ever like the old rhodent moniker, it's annoying and too disrespectful imo. Should he be taken to task for poor moves and should he be fired? I voted Yes. Should he be made fun of with a nasty, bullying nickname? No.

Just my take.
    Agreed.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Just my take.
    I actually agree but I still couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that picture. As much as it is immature, it seems undeniably fitting.

vCash

Rhodes put his well being ahead of the team, Rhodent seems a fair name to me.
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

This is the poll I was waiting for.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

I’d like to see this poll hit triple digits.

vCash

On his watch I’ve seen a game I loved and for which I was a five year ST holder turn into something that for me is unwatchable at Commonwealth. At the last home game, the first I’ve attended this year, I looked across the field and saw about a third of the ST holder seats empty and I thought, I’m not the only one who doesn’t enjoy the improved Disney experience at Commonwealth. I’m hoping the chickens come home to roost on Rhodes doorstep eventually.
    GO ESKS GO!

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    I’d like to see this poll hit triple digits.
    That would be swell, but what is really telling is the percentage for/against
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Yeah, he should be fired. With that said, he should have been fired the second he let go of Ed Hervey. My thoughts on that are unchanged.

With that said, from a football standpoint since the Hervey firing, he's done a good job of hiring smart people and getting out of the way. Jason Maas is responsible for the coaches on his staff and the schemes they run. Sunderland is responsible for working hand in hand with the coach and keeping one eye on the future as well as the present.

Maas has been allowed to run a ship with leaks in it. Sunderland hasn't done a good enough job of taking control and seeing this as it's happening. There's a lot of talent that's come through Commonwealth Stadium in the last 3 years. Having zero home playoff games to show from that is completely ridiculous.

My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job and Len Rhodes is let go. After that move is made, I hope Fleming assesses this organization from top to bottom including head coach and GM. If he thinks Brock is the man for the job, then keep him. I think Sunderland has a ton of potential in this role and I think he's done a good job but he's also made some mistakes. Let Fleming be the judge of that.

Once that happens, he has to sit down with that GM (be it Sunderland or someone else) and Jason Maas and make a decision. Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job
    I'd wager a cup of coffee that he is. Now will the board admit their failures and not take fair criticism personally if there's an interview 2.0 remains the question?
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Yeah, he should be fired. With that said, he should have been fired the second he let go of Ed Hervey. My thoughts on that are unchanged.

With that said, from a football standpoint since the Hervey firing, he's done a good job of hiring smart people and getting out of the way. Jason Maas is responsible for the coaches on his staff and the schemes they run. Sunderland is responsible for working hand in hand with the coach and keeping one eye on the future as well as the present.

Maas has been allowed to run a ship with leaks in it. Sunderland hasn't done a good enough job of taking control and seeing this as it's happening. There's a lot of talent that's come through Commonwealth Stadium in the last 3 years. Having zero home playoff games to show from that is completely ridiculous.

My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job and Len Rhodes is let go. After that move is made, I hope Fleming assesses this organization from top to bottom including head coach and GM. If he thinks Brock is the man for the job, then keep him. I think Sunderland has a ton of potential in this role and I think he's done a good job but he's also made some mistakes. Let Fleming be the judge of that.

Once that happens, he has to sit down with that GM (be it Sunderland or someone else) and Jason Maas and make a decision. Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.
    You’re dreaming if you think that Maas would agree to a demotion as the OC, & give up the HC position. Never gonna happen!
    A more likely scenario would be for him to relinquish his OC duties & hire someone else....

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.
    LOL. He's been a Head Coach for 3 years. And has a winning record to boot.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yeah, I think he has the ability to be a phenomenal head coach with the right staff around him. But he's also one of the biggest reasons this team is where it is right now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I would be disappointed if we fired maas..

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are just to many meat shields in the way for Len to get fired .. I would imagine him stepping away before it ever got him.

Obv we start losing money hand over fist and then u might see the board scrutinise him above maas or Sunderland.. but the latter will always go first before any fingers point at Len, it’s just the way it is..

vCash

Bam!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Bam!
    Thanks for putting that up. I heard it mentioned on the Nielson show but I missed who said it. It's pretty apparent that is bang on.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my team, I want them to win every game and win the Grey Cup every year. But if the Lions go on and win the Cup and Hervey was standing there holding it up in the middle of the field in Commonwealth, it wouldn't bother me that much because maybe that would result in some real change. As long as Rhodes is in charge, the Esks won't be good. To be a good football team you have to have a Pres who knows something about football and who hates losing and demands results. Rhodes doesn't know anything about football and while no one ever really wants to lose, for Rhodes, losing isn't that big of a deal because remember. Winning is not enough.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 10-22-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Bam!
    BURN!

vCash

Dave Jamieson is talking Rhodes and the Eskimo situation right now on 1260
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Thanks for putting that up. I heard it mentioned on the Nielson show but I missed who said it. It's pretty apparent that is bang on.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my team, I want them to win every game and win the Grey Cup every year. But if the Lions go on and win the Cup and Hervey was standing there holding it up in the middle of the field in Commonwealth, it wouldn't bother me that much because maybe that would result in some real change. As long as Rhodes is in charge, the Esks won't be good. To be a good football team you have to have a Pres who knows something about football and who hates losing and demands results. Rhodes doesn't know anything about football and while no one every really wants to lose, for Rhodes, losing isn't that big of a deal because remember. Winning is not enough.
    Agreed. I'm still cheering full on Eskimos, but should they be eliminated, if BC is still around, I'll be fully on the BC bandwagon.

vCash

This might be oversimplifying things but Hervey teams play with a lot of swagger. The fact that we basically handed a fantastic GM to a divisional rival because of our presidents ego is going to haunt this team for years.

And it’s a fireable offence imo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    This might be oversimplifying things but Hervey teams play with a lot of swagger. The fact that we basically handed a fantastic GM to a divisional rival because of our presidents ego is going to haunt this team for years.

And it’s a fireable offence imo.
    You better believe it will haunt us. Just wait until Hervey poaches a few more of the Esks good players.