View Poll Results: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    77 97.47%
  • No

    2 2.53%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 335

Thread: Should Rhodes be Fired?

  1. #1

    Attention Should Rhodes be Fired?

    I think I know how this poll is gonna go, but it might be good to make things real clear for anybody outside this forum that might be lurking in...

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,107
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Hopefully nobody is high before answering this poll!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sunrise Beach AB
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    1900
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Hopefully nobody is high before answering this poll!
    It’s not bad at all ��
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,408
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    He should be but he won't.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    14,238
    vCash
    362
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    I have a feeling he has insulated himself pretty well and the fact there are few in the media outside of a couple people who are completely failing to point the finger his way says it all for me..
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Absolutely and Sean Fleming should be hired.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    677
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    I don't know much, but I do know that Chris Jones and Ed Hervey should still be eskimos. Think of all the players we lost to Saskatchewan and even BC, not to mention the instability that could have effected the confidence of veteran players like willis, bowman, and others. We should be a dynasty team, instead we are at the bottom of the western division. I don't blame JM or BS, I blame Rhodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Rhodes will be fired, JM is the unfortunate scapegoat. Maas never should have been put in this situation and I am fed up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,308
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    I do not like nor have I ever like the old rhodent moniker, it's annoying and too disrespectful imo. Should he be taken to task for poor moves and should he be fired? I voted Yes. Should he be made fun of with a nasty, bullying nickname? No.

    Just my take.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo_RoB View Post
    I don't know much, but I do know that Chris Jones and Ed Hervey should still be eskimos. Think of all the players we lost to Saskatchewan and even BC, not to mention the instability that could have effected the confidence of veteran players like willis, bowman, and others. We should be a dynasty team, instead we are at the bottom of the western division. I don't blame JM or BS, I blame Rhodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Rhodes will be fired, JM is the unfortunate scapegoat. Maas never should have been put in this situation and I am fed up.
    I agree this franchise is in pretty rough shape and has been since start of 2016 season. Successful sports franchises all have one thing in common and that's great management (See Calgary!) When the power struggle happened between Rhodes and Hervey, Hervey should have come out on top. Pretty strong personality and likely not everyones cup of tea but a STRONG football person. Esk's face a rebuild now and current management gives me no sense they are capable of doing it. Suspect they will see further erosion of the season ticket holder base and it will be financial pressure that causes change at the top. Not convinced that will happen for another year or two which is sad!

  10. #10
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

    Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    You tell me?
    Posts
    38,127
    vCash
    332
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo_RoB View Post
    I don't know much, but I do know that Chris Jones and Ed Hervey should still be eskimos. Think of all the players we lost to Saskatchewan and even BC, not to mention the instability that could have effected the confidence of veteran players like willis, bowman, and others. We should be a dynasty team, instead we are at the bottom of the western division. I don't blame JM or BS, I blame Rhodes. Unfortunately, I highly doubt Rhodes will be fired, JM is the unfortunate scapegoat. Maas never should have been put in this situation and I am fed up.
    Jones was a climber and EH was aware that he wasn't going to be content with just being a HC for long if another opportunity arose. That's why his second contract was for 2 years. He did however, turn around the culture and put the lockerroom in the right direction from where it was. So in essence, CJ did his job
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,871
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I do not like nor have I ever like the old rhodent moniker, it's annoying and too disrespectful imo. Should he be taken to task for poor moves and should he be fired? I voted Yes. Should he be made fun of with a nasty, bullying nickname? No.

    Just my take.
    Agreed.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  12. #12

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I do not like nor have I ever like the old rhodent moniker, it's annoying and too disrespectful imo. Should he be taken to task for poor moves and should he be fired? I voted Yes. Should he be made fun of with a nasty, bullying nickname? No.

    Just my take.
    I actually agree but I still couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that picture. As much as it is immature, it seems undeniably fitting.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sunrise Beach AB
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    1900
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Rhodes put his well being ahead of the team, Rhodent seems a fair name to me.
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

  14. #14
    Opus's Avatar
    Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    53 Lat - 113 Lon
    Posts
    42,190
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    This is the poll I was waiting for.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,368
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    I’d like to see this poll hit triple digits.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On away game nights: on the couch.
    Posts
    2,054
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    On his watch I’ve seen a game I loved and for which I was a five year ST holder turn into something that for me is unwatchable at Commonwealth. At the last home game, the first I’ve attended this year, I looked across the field and saw about a third of the ST holder seats empty and I thought, I’m not the only one who doesn’t enjoy the improved Disney experience at Commonwealth. I’m hoping the chickens come home to roost on Rhodes doorstep eventually.
    GO ESKS GO!

  17. #17
    Opus's Avatar
    Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    53 Lat - 113 Lon
    Posts
    42,190
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    I’d like to see this poll hit triple digits.
    That would be swell, but what is really telling is the percentage for/against
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    2,856
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Yeah, he should be fired. With that said, he should have been fired the second he let go of Ed Hervey. My thoughts on that are unchanged.

    With that said, from a football standpoint since the Hervey firing, he's done a good job of hiring smart people and getting out of the way. Jason Maas is responsible for the coaches on his staff and the schemes they run. Sunderland is responsible for working hand in hand with the coach and keeping one eye on the future as well as the present.

    Maas has been allowed to run a ship with leaks in it. Sunderland hasn't done a good enough job of taking control and seeing this as it's happening. There's a lot of talent that's come through Commonwealth Stadium in the last 3 years. Having zero home playoff games to show from that is completely ridiculous.

    My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job and Len Rhodes is let go. After that move is made, I hope Fleming assesses this organization from top to bottom including head coach and GM. If he thinks Brock is the man for the job, then keep him. I think Sunderland has a ton of potential in this role and I think he's done a good job but he's also made some mistakes. Let Fleming be the judge of that.

    Once that happens, he has to sit down with that GM (be it Sunderland or someone else) and Jason Maas and make a decision. Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.

  19. #19
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

    Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    You tell me?
    Posts
    38,127
    vCash
    332
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job
    I'd wager a cup of coffee that he is. Now will the board admit their failures and not take fair criticism personally if there's an interview 2.0 remains the question?
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,327
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Yeah, he should be fired. With that said, he should have been fired the second he let go of Ed Hervey. My thoughts on that are unchanged.

    With that said, from a football standpoint since the Hervey firing, he's done a good job of hiring smart people and getting out of the way. Jason Maas is responsible for the coaches on his staff and the schemes they run. Sunderland is responsible for working hand in hand with the coach and keeping one eye on the future as well as the present.

    Maas has been allowed to run a ship with leaks in it. Sunderland hasn't done a good enough job of taking control and seeing this as it's happening. There's a lot of talent that's come through Commonwealth Stadium in the last 3 years. Having zero home playoff games to show from that is completely ridiculous.

    My dream is hopefully Sean Fleming is still interested in the job and Len Rhodes is let go. After that move is made, I hope Fleming assesses this organization from top to bottom including head coach and GM. If he thinks Brock is the man for the job, then keep him. I think Sunderland has a ton of potential in this role and I think he's done a good job but he's also made some mistakes. Let Fleming be the judge of that.

    Once that happens, he has to sit down with that GM (be it Sunderland or someone else) and Jason Maas and make a decision. Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.
    You’re dreaming if you think that Maas would agree to a demotion as the OC, & give up the HC position. Never gonna happen!
    A more likely scenario would be for him to relinquish his OC duties & hire someone else....

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    19,835
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Personally, I don't feel like Jason Maas is ready for a head coaching position. I'd give him an ultimatum: Agree to be re-assigned to an offensive co-ordinator position or be fired.
    LOL. He's been a Head Coach for 3 years. And has a winning record to boot.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    2,856
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    LOL. He's been a Head Coach for 3 years. And has a winning record to boot.
    Yeah, I think he has the ability to be a phenomenal head coach with the right staff around him. But he's also one of the biggest reasons this team is where it is right now.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,468
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    LOL. He's been a Head Coach for 3 years. And has a winning record to boot.
    I would be disappointed if we fired maas..

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think there are just to many meat shields in the way for Len to get fired .. I would imagine him stepping away before it ever got him.

    Obv we start losing money hand over fist and then u might see the board scrutinise him above maas or Sunderland.. but the latter will always go first before any fingers point at Len, it’s just the way it is..

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,966
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    431

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?




    Bam!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,408
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post



    Bam!
    Thanks for putting that up. I heard it mentioned on the Nielson show but I missed who said it. It's pretty apparent that is bang on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I love my team, I want them to win every game and win the Grey Cup every year. But if the Lions go on and win the Cup and Hervey was standing there holding it up in the middle of the field in Commonwealth, it wouldn't bother me that much because maybe that would result in some real change. As long as Rhodes is in charge, the Esks won't be good. To be a good football team you have to have a Pres who knows something about football and who hates losing and demands results. Rhodes doesn't know anything about football and while no one ever really wants to lose, for Rhodes, losing isn't that big of a deal because remember. Winning is not enough.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 10-22-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,311
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post



    Bam!
    BURN!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    10,966
    vCash
    5080
    Rep Power
    431

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Dave Jamieson is talking Rhodes and the Eskimo situation right now on 1260
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Thanks for putting that up. I heard it mentioned on the Nielson show but I missed who said it. It's pretty apparent that is bang on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I love my team, I want them to win every game and win the Grey Cup every year. But if the Lions go on and win the Cup and Hervey was standing there holding it up in the middle of the field in Commonwealth, it wouldn't bother me that much because maybe that would result in some real change. As long as Rhodes is in charge, the Esks won't be good. To be a good football team you have to have a Pres who knows something about football and who hates losing and demands results. Rhodes doesn't know anything about football and while no one every really wants to lose, for Rhodes, losing isn't that big of a deal because remember. Winning is not enough.
    Agreed. I'm still cheering full on Eskimos, but should they be eliminated, if BC is still around, I'll be fully on the BC bandwagon.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,107
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    This might be oversimplifying things but Hervey teams play with a lot of swagger. The fact that we basically handed a fantastic GM to a divisional rival because of our presidents ego is going to haunt this team for years.

    And it’s a fireable offence imo.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,408
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    This might be oversimplifying things but Hervey teams play with a lot of swagger. The fact that we basically handed a fantastic GM to a divisional rival because of our presidents ego is going to haunt this team for years.

    And it’s a fireable offence imo.
    You better believe it will haunt us. Just wait until Hervey poaches a few more of the Esks good players.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •