View Poll Results: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 97.47%
  • No

2 2.53%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Should Rhodes be Fired?

vCash

Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Quote Originally Posted by GREYx14 View Post
    Now that the Eskimos are out of it, I'm putting on my CFL fan hat and enjoying this year's Grey Cup festival & game to the fullest. I don't see doing that as any kind endorsement of Len Rhodes at all. When it comes to my continuing strong desire to see him gone from the Esks organization, my feelings are effectively summed up and galvanized by this old but still bang-on article from 3 Down Nation by the artist formerly known around here as Spectacle:

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/09/le...ire-ed-hervey/
    That was Spec. !!!! Wow. She sure nailed it. Hope she is doing well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    That was Spec. !!!! Wow. She sure nailed it. Hope she is doing well.
    Had no idea that was her either. Depressing reading that again. Sigh.
    FIRE RHODES!

No way RHODES should be fired!! Edmontonian sports fans are used to mediocrity from our pro teams. Chiarelli and Rhodes are top notch GM's in their respective professional leagues with keeping our teams MEDIOCRE

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

There are rumblings coming from within the igloo that Rhodent is done after the grey cup and his removal will be a "soft' one. Make of that what you will
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    There are rumblings coming from within the igloo that Rhodent is done after the grey cup and his removal will be a "soft' one. Make of that what you will
    I've heard this as well actually.

vCash

Even taking the hit on the management salary cap would be worth it. The sooner mould is removed from a building the better.

Even taking the hit on the management salary cap would be worth it. The sooner mould is removed from a building the better.
    Totally! Then we could officially close the book on the ET era finally.

vCash

I suggested that at the Spirit of Edmonton Breakfast . They didn’t even announce he was present, he snuck up to the podium with the Commish.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

That would be quite the early christmas gift. Lets hope it happens.

vCash

Does he count against that cap? I thought it was only coaches and football ops guys.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Does he count against that cap? I thought it was only coaches and football ops guys.
    Interesting point. Hopefully it doesn't, I could have made a wrong assumption. Maybe someone gives us a heads up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    You are correct. Len is not part of football operations. It would have no impact on the cap for football administration.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Len is not part of football operations.
    Well, that's a statement to ponder.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Well, that's a statement to ponder.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    You are correct. Len is not part of football operations. It would have no impact on the cap for football administration.
    Thanks, Hugo. The broom should start sweeping soon, then.

vCash

I hope he is gone tomorrow, I was a couple feet from him today at the south concourse, I was so tempted to throw him over the wall.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash
    Blog Entries

But it'll only be worthwhile if his replacement is Sean Fleming.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    I hope he is gone tomorrow, I was a couple feet from him today at the south concourse, I was so tempted to throw him over the wall.
    I imagine he was pretty proud to show off all those empty seats in a “sold-out” building and his lovely Disney princess halftime artist. (Though in fairness she did a decent job despite how I hate her style of music.

vCash

It will be most interesting to see at whose feet the blame falls re the horrendous & embarrassing field conditions for the GC game.
    Is it the total fault of the City of Edmonton who presumably appoints a manager to oversee the operations of Commonwealth or is it the head of the GC Organizing Committee or is it the Head of Football Ops for the EE Football Club?
    If the latter two, then the Rhodent clearly shares a majo responsibility & deserves to be sacked because of that.
    You canít tell me that better management of field conditions in the weeks/days leading up to the Game wouldnít have made a huge difference in field conditions. It was a bloody skating rink in a lot of spots which lead to missteps by both teams.
    An embarrassing state of affairs for all concerned....

vCash

The way I look at it.

The Esks have last years MVP and best player on your team. You came within a couple of plays from making the Grey Cup last year. You are hosting the Grey Cup this season. You come out as a team this year and while not horrible and your record is .500, you finish dead last in your division and miss the playoffs. So things couldn't have gone much worse. At the end of the season, the organization decides to bring back the head coach. Personally, I am OK with it because #1 IMO you don't fire a HC unless there is an obvious upgrade which I don't see. #2 The guy has a winning record as a HC and was .500 with what I saw as a flawed lineup in a few critical areas. SO while he wasn't perfect and deserves some of the blame, it wasn't all his fault. I assume since we haven't heard a single thing and he was allowed to decide the future of the Head Coach, that the GM is going to be back.

So the HC is back, the GM appears to be back. In a failed season where you are hosting the championship game and you don't even make the playoffs, someone should pay. Firing a couple of coaches who most of us never heard of and probably didn't even know their position existed doesn't exactly cut it. In reality, their positions were probably eliminated just because the league brought in that football ops cap. So if the coach stays, the GM stays and if Rhodes somehow keeps his job, how does the board expect the fan base to accept that?
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    It will be most interesting to see at whose feet the blame falls re the horrendous & embarrassing field conditions for the GC game.
    Is it the total fault of the City of Edmonton who presumably appoints a manager to oversee the operations of Commonwealth or is it the head of the GC Organizing Committee or is it the Head of Football Ops for the EE Football Club?
    If the latter two, then the Rhodent clearly shares a majo responsibility & deserves to be sacked because of that.
    You can’t tell me that better management of field conditions in the weeks/days leading up to the Game wouldn’t have made a huge difference in field conditions. It was a bloody skating rink in a lot of spots which lead to missteps by both teams.
    An embarrassing state of affairs for all concerned....
    I think that $500K that they are going to spend on a dome, would be better spent installing a heated field (much like what they are installing at BMO) given the freeze/thaw cycle that we saw leading up to the game on Sunday is pretty common in Edmonton in Oct/Nov.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    I think that $500K that they are going to spend on a dome, would be better spent installing a heated field (much like what they are installing at BMO) given the freeze/thaw cycle that we saw leading up to the game on Sunday is pretty common in Edmonton in Oct/Nov.
    Good point. I believe that Lambeau in Green Bay has a similar type of system under their (grass) field...

vCash
    Blog Entries

So us spraying the field down with water the night before was a bad thing apparently? Ooops... My bad!
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Is he gone yet?

C'mon BOG - You've already had 4 hours this morning to do it.

vCash
    Blog Entries

The game was over at 7:30 last night...how long does it take? Fire the clownshoe!
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Len Rhodes isn't getting fired. What in the world would make anyone think that the Board is that in touch with what's best for this franchise?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Stop bringing us back to reality DDS!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    But it'll only be worthwhile if his replacement is Sean Fleming.
    That's very short-sighted/limited thinking. Fleming is obviously the most appealing potential candidate that we know of but what if he's no longer interested in the job? Would that mean you're okay with incompetent Rhodes staying on just because the one replacement you've considered didn't pan out?

This x1000!

For all the talk in the pregame show about how CW is a world class facility, the field condition fiasco was an atrocity. I'd way rather take the money being spent on that useless dome and install a state of the art heated field system to ensure this embarrassment never happens again. That's two of our last three Grey Cups now where field conditions have been unacceptable. If GB can pull it off with real grass, that's what I want at CW.

If Rhodent really is on his way out, this waste of a dome might be his last middle finger to Eskimo fans before he goes down.

vCash

thats a good idea..... better yet would be BRING BACK THE NATURAL GRASS!!! But who are we kidding. If Rhodes is here he doesn't give 2 ****s about on field improvements. if there's a way to improve his concert series, like a dome, he'll do that.