View Poll Results: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

79 97.53%
  • No

2 2.47%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should Rhodes be Fired?

vCash

Re: Should Rhodes be Fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I think we all know the reason why Matthew. This thread title answers your question.
    Interesting that you quoted Dave Jamieson, Hugo. In passing on his show the other day Dave mused about the idea of the Esks eliminating the position of team president completely. I wish the texters crying for more Oilers talk had allowed him to elaborate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GREYx14 View Post
    Interesting that you quoted Dave Jamieson, Hugo. In passing on his show the other day Dave mused about the idea of the Esks eliminating the position of team president completely. I wish the texters crying for more Oilers talk had allowed him to elaborate.
    Even though Jamieson has not been part of the Esks for years, you can tell he appreciates all the hard work so many people behind the scenes put into making the organization something we can be proud of. I think Dave lived by the "nobody is bigger than this football team" motto, and he may be getting tired of all the photo ops and self congratulatory Len moments.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Even though Jamieson has not been part of the Esks for years, you can tell he appreciates all the hard work so many people behind the scenes put into making the organization something we can be proud of. I think Dave lived by the "nobody is bigger than this football team" motto, and he may be getting tired of all the photo ops and self congratulatory Len moments.
    Agree ..... though I think he was tired of it/Len/even ET a long time ago when he decided to leave.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Aren't we all a little tired of Len's bullsh!t??
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Agree ..... though I think he was tired of it/Len/even ET a long time ago when he decided to leave.
    The combo of both was enough for him
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

While I agree with getting Rhodes Out of Dodge tarred and feathered on a greased rail. The son of Ian Bryans a Canadian Linebacker with the esks from 1976 - 1979 Stayed at the hotel. We were chatting during check in about his dad and he told me a good story about Len Rhodes. He passed from Cancer in Aug of 2015. While they were at the funeral Real scumbags broke into the house stealing a ton of stuff including his 2 grey cup rings. Matt actually emailed Rhodes through Linked in Rhodes contacted him back and the Esks are replacing his rings free of Charge.
    Last edited by danlaurin; 12-17-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Wow.

Doesn't change my opinion of Rhodes' management style. But that is a class act worthy of the Eskimos.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    There are rumblings coming from within the igloo that Rhodent is done after the grey cup and his removal will be a "soft' one. Make of that what you will
    Guess my guy was right. The damage he's done to this brand has been enormous
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

So does this mean people who weren't renewing their season tickets are going to renew now?

Has Sean Fleming been contacted to be the Prez????

vCash

Guess my guy was right. The damage he's done to this brand has been enormous
    The brand is in shambles thanks to him. It's really too bad the board took so long to realize he was a clown. They lost a top notch GM thanks to him and I personally think they just lost their star QB as well. If Hervey was here, I think Reilly would be too. Just my opinion.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    So does this mean people who weren't renewing their season tickets are going to renew now?

Has Sean Fleming been contacted to be the Prez????
    Not me.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    The brand is in shambles thanks to him. It's really too bad the board took so long to realize he was a clown. They lost a top notch GM thanks to him and I personally think they just lost their star QB as well. If Hervey was here, I think Reilly would be too. Just my opinion.
    I think you are right about Hervey and Reilly, although we'll never know 100% for sure as it could be a geographical decision. Where is disagree is the brand being in shambles, it took a hit for sure but shambles is a huge stretch.
    #PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I think so too, I think he would have signed a big extension last offseason.

I do think geography is a big factor though, just not the only factor. If Ed was in Montreal I don't think Reilly would leave for the Al's just to work with him again, and If Ed wasn't in BC I don't think he would go there just to be closer to home. I think the fact that the Lions can offer both is the reason he goes, if he does.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I think so too, I think he would have signed a big extension last offseason.

I do think geography is a big factor though, just not the only factor. If Ed was in Montreal I don't think Reilly would leave for the Al's just to work with him again, and If Ed wasn't in BC I don't think he would go there just to be closer to home. I think the fact that the Lions can offer both is the reason he goes, if he does.
    Surely thst desire to play closer to home would still be there for Mike.. Regardless of who our gm was or is???

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Surely thst desire to play closer to home would still be there for Mike.. Regardless of who our gm was or is???
    I have no doubt but I'm not sure if that desire would be enough to pry him out of Edmonton if it wasn't for the Hervey factor. By all accounts he was really happy here and said many times that he believed in Ed's plan to bring multiple Grey Cups to Edmonton. I think if that plan was still in motion, being closer to home wouldn't have been enough of a reason for him to leave.

vCash

I have no doubt but I'm not sure if that desire would be enough to pry him out of Edmonton if it wasn't for the Hervey factor. By all accounts he was really happy here and said many times that he believed in Ed's plan to bring multiple Grey Cups to Edmonton. I think if that plan was still in motion, being closer to home wouldn't have been enough of a reason for him to leave.
    Thst desire shouldn't really leave him if he was happy here 1 year ago 2 years ago.... Mike Reilly had all the pieces needed or what we could afford around him ..... I would say the desire to be around a coach or a group of players out weighs any desire to reunite with a gm... A gm has zero influence on day to day coaching of a football team.. And if he did, he should be fired.. That's why u hire a coaching staff..

Of course we're both speculating here I guess.. Lol but u have to believe if the pull to return closer to home was that strong it wouldn't matter who the gm is....

It won't matter either way come tomorrow

vCash

Had a conversation with Hervey just after he took over the Eskies and I can say, without a doubt, that he has a solid plan as I left that meeting thinking we would be good for years to come, that was until someone threw that train off the rails
    #PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Had a conversation with Hervey just after he took over the Eskies and I can say, without a doubt, that he has a solid plan as I left that meeting thinking we would be good for years to come, that was until someone threw that train off the rails
    Mike always said, their goal wasn't to win one Grey Cup, it was to win multiple Grey Cups, the leaders bought in and the culture was born. I don't think Reilly would have given that up just to be closer to home.

vCash

Mike always said, their goal wasn't to win one Grey Cup, it was to win multiple Grey Cups, the leaders bought in and the culture was born. I don't think Reilly would have given that up just to be closer to home.
    I completely agree. If the Esks were a stable organization and he had confidence in the people running it, he would have signed by now. Lots of people in here debate how much longer do you give Brock to "prove himself". If I am Reilly, 2 years is enough. Knowing the money is going to be there, I would pick a guy who I trust completely and know can build a winner. If Hervey was here, the Lions would be hiring a rookie GM to replace Wally. No chance I am signing with the Lions just to be closer to home.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Mike wants to win. He’ll sign with the organization with which he thinks he’ll win more. Simple.

vCash

Thst desire shouldn't really leave him if he was happy here 1 year ago 2 years ago.... Mike Reilly had all the pieces needed or what we could afford around him ..... I would say the desire to be around a coach or a group of players out weighs any desire to reunite with a gm... A gm has zero influence on day to day coaching of a football team.. And if he did, he should be fired.. That's why u hire a coaching staff..

Of course we're both speculating here I guess.. Lol but u have to believe if the pull to return closer to home was that strong it wouldn't matter who the gm is....

It won't matter either way come tomorrow
    A GM may have little affect on the day to day coaching, but a leader of a football club can create an environment each day where guys buy in, believe, and trust. A lot of people who previously never may have seen/heard Ed anywhere but in the media, have had their impressions change when they have met the guy in person. He posesses a unique skill in being able to relate to people at a lot of different levels. If MR goes to BC it's because he believes he can win, because he trusts the guy in charge.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

A GM may have little affect on the day to day coaching, but a leader of a football club can create an environment each day where guys buy in, believe, and trust. A lot of people who previously never may have seen/heard Ed anywhere but in the media, have had their impressions change when they have met the guy in person. He posesses a unique skill in being able to relate to people at a lot of different levels. If MR goes to BC it's because he believes he can win, because he trusts the guy in charge.
    I only met Hervey once, when I was in the office renewing my tickets. The man shook my hand and looked me in the eye through our entire yet brief conversation. I’ll tell you what. That short exchange left me feeling so good about the hands our club was in. The exchange was so genuine, and the firm confidence he exuded was remarkable and something I’ll always remember. That’s why I quoted Diesels post, because he talks about the man you encounter outside of the media. Still love my Esks, will still cheer for them over the Lions, will cheer for Sunderland to build the right team, but damn I wish we still had Ed at the helm!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Mike wants to win. He’ll sign with the organization with which he thinks he’ll win more. Simple.
    So he’s not moving closer to home? That was just a lie?

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that mate,

But I to have a gm ... that I never see or speak often to.. I have a hc who brought me to my team who I do everything in my power to get this team ready to win every week... I don’t do it for the gm I have zero loyalty to the gm... but I’ll ride for my hc everyday!

Dunno .. maybe I’m looking at it with coach glasses on.. but mike ain’t going to play football with ed... his main point of contact now will Be jarious Jackson!

vCash

So he’s not moving closer to home? That was just a lie?

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that mate,

But I to have a gm ... that I never see or speak often to.. I have a hc who brought me to my team who I do everything in my power to get this team ready to win every week... I don’t do it for the gm I have zero loyalty to the gm... but I’ll ride for my hc everyday!

Dunno .. maybe I’m looking at it with coach glasses on.. but mike ain’t going to play football with ed... his main point of contact now will Be jarious Jackson!
    Ed interacts with his guys regularly. May not always be in public, but he doesn't hide behind an office door. At times he's been very much involved, like he was here with getting AB4's head straight when he was fighting the football, and last year you saw him take aside one of his WR's who was fighting drops and put his arm around him and calmed him down. Point is, that he has a tangible cred with his players, and that stems from a basic premise of you know where you stand with him, regardless of weather the truth bothers you or not. In this biz, that attitude goes a long way
    - Dan Kepley