Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1419

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    All three of Hunter, Taylor & McKnight scare me!
    Agreed!!! All three of these players need to be upgraded. Hoover at S would be an absolute disaster and Taylor at CB needs to be improved. Our DB situation as a whole scares me!! One are that BS has not addressed so far. In fact we are probably weaker at this position with the loss of Grymes.

As mentioned previously, some decent DB FA still available.

vCash

Superfan Mike tweeting that Dave Campbell saying Justin Senior has signed with the K.C. Chiefs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Could Konar be on the trading block/cap causality? I like the LB core of Santos-Knox/Dean/Unamba. Can’t see Konar as a Natioal backup. An expensive on at that. Can’t remember what he signed for last season, but 150 000 comes to mind. With a high safety and injury prone, maybe BS looking for a trading partner?

If Unamba stays as a LB, I feel that more important to bring in a DB with CFL game experience.
    It will be interesting to see how they work things out with fitting the newbies into our returning players. The thing that scares me a bit is that Santos- Knox signed a one year deal. We will likely release him in the upcoming off season as to give him an NFL shot. If he had not been injured with the Bombers late last year he would have been a cinch to get a tryout down south already.

vCash
    Blog Entries

My hope/prediction is Unamba moves to HB and Konar starts at LB. That allows an international to play at Safety. There is no way Hoover can be a starter on D.... makes absolutely no sense. Plus I think Konar has a pretty hefty salery, he will be one of the 7 national starters.

I like that D... that secondary still scares me though. If Unamba goes to HB it’s gets stronger. Some good DBs still available in FA. Would not mind if BS could get one with experience locked up before training camp...at least for insurance. TJ Health still a FA. Seemed to struggle last year from Toronto to Montreal. Is a CFL vet and was a ball hawk when with Winnipeg.
    Apparently Ackie can play safety but he might be too expensive as he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Good young national though.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Agreed!!! All three of these players need to be upgraded. Hoover at S would be an absolute disaster and Taylor at CB needs to be improved. Our DB situation as a whole scares me!! One are that BS has not addressed so far. In fact we are probably weaker at this position with the loss of Grymes.

As mentioned previously, some decent DB FA still available.
    There is lots of talk about needing to recruit and develop talent as well as add through free agency. These are all guys that we have a year or more of development into and patience is required. Just because they weren't all-stars immediately doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect progression if the coaches/GM think they're worth bringing back.

Hunter showed good flashes last year, as did Taylor.

With the release of Neill King, despite the fact that Woodman was a free agent, it suggests that there is some confidence in Hoover/Beaulieu to do the job.

We need guys stepping up and outplaying their contracts, and I have a lot more faith in guys that have already got some experience in adapting to the CFL game rather than picking what's randomly behind door number one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post

I was impressed with the skill Hunter showed in his first season. There were certainly some bad plays, but the guy played well overall (on special teams as well). Hoping for a year of growth.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Re Hunter, Hoover, Taylor

They were all learning on the fly out there last year & apparently Bene prefers veterans to newbies, so that would be even more difficult as a rookie.

My take: last year’s “bad” plays translate into this year’s smart plays.

vCash

I was patient with Neil King at S for many years. He has been released and still looking for employment. My guess is he goes unsigned. I would venture to say that if Hoover was released he would also have a hard time gaining employment with another team. I guess I just want an improvement at S after many years having that position be a weak spot on our D. I have all the time in the world for our draft picks from last season. They likely won't be ready to step into a starter role until at least mid season in my opinion.

Ackie would be a huge get.....but im sure going to be expensive. Last I heard was looking at NFL opportunities.

My 3 cents...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    There is lots of talk about needing to recruit and develop talent as well as add through free agency. These are all guys that we have a year or more of development into and patience is required. Just because they weren't all-stars immediately doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect progression if the coaches/GM think they're worth bringing back.

With the release of Neill King, despite the fact that Woodman was a free agent, it suggests that there is some confidence in Hoover/Beaulieu to do the job.

We need guys stepping up and outplaying their contracts, and I have a lot more faith in guys that have already got some experience in adapting to the CFL game rather than picking what's randomly behind door number one.
    Taylor has insane speed just needs to be able to harness his skills
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

I would seriously look at trading/releasing Konar and using his money to sign Ackie or Heath .

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Re Hunter, Hoover, Taylor

They were all learning on the fly out there last year & apparently Bene prefers veterans to newbies, so that would be even more difficult as a rookie.

My take: last year’s “bad” plays translate into this year’s smart plays.
    Are you feeling optimistic about Edwards out in BC?
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Taylor has insane speed just needs to be able to harness his skills
    Speed is something our new D coordinator covets. Will be interesting to see if a change in system helps these players. Chris Jones ALWAYS had a good defense and you can guarantee he didn't always have the best players. IMO a good defense confuses an offence by putting people in positions they normally wouldn't be or rushing from angles you normally wouldn't see. That's what I'm hoping our 2019 D looks like and with the recent linebacker additions I'm guessing that's what we are going to see.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Justin Senior has signed with the Chiefs.

Great news for him, bad news for anyone who wanted to see him here.

Best of luck Justin!
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Are you feeling optimistic about Edwards out in BC?
    Yes, I think he’ll be much better than people are expecting. He has skills.
    I also think there are the right people around at all levels to demand (& actually get) more discipline & accountability.

vCash

I also think there are the right people around at all levels to demand (& actually get) more discipline & accountability.
    As an Eskimo fan I will say he was a significant downgrade from Ladler. IMO was the biggest loss in positional play on the team. That being said a new system can help a player out, so I guess we'll see.

vCash

He also took stupid penalties at inopportune times....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    He also took stupid penalties at inopportune times....
    Yeah, that would be the discipline & accountability parts

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    nice... the one thing that sticks out to me is that our secondary is worse than last year, at least at this point and in my opinion. Going to need an unknown or a second year guy like Hunter to blossom in a new system.
    I hope Arjen starts at safety and Onyeka starts at CB.

I would like to see another veteran or two brought in for insurance purposes in that secondary, however. I'm all for giving guys like Hoover, Onyeka, Beaulieu chances but if they fail I hope there's some reinforcements.

vCash

That BC is moving on, presumably, from a high character guy near the prime of his career in Otha Foster, for Edwards, says a lot about what they think of him.

Yes - there were discipline/penalty issues last year, but those improved as the season went on, as did his play.

I think BC is right to expect good things from him.

All the same, I'm thrilled with our solution at SAM. Surprised that Otha is still out there.

vCash
    Blog Entries

In all this discussion, I'm curious to see how the guys will do under Lolley's system. Coming from the Jones tree, I expect him to be much more aggressive and assertive than Bene was, which hopefully affects the players for the better.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash
    Blog Entries

Let’s be honest. A plastic bag fluttering on the highway is more assertive and aggressive than Bene’s scheme.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Let’s be honest. A plastic bag fluttering on the highway is more assertive and aggressive than Bene’s scheme.
    Hahahahaha

vCash

Maybe if they can't pay him properly, he'll consider coming up here for us? Not sure how much game he's got left in the tank.

vCash

As an Eskimo fan I will say he was a significant downgrade from Ladler. IMO was the biggest loss in positional play on the team. That being said a new system can help a player out, so I guess we'll see.
    Ladler's acceleration and instincts were 2nd to none there was no way to full replace him
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Ladler's acceleration and instincts were 2nd to none there was no way to full replace him
    agreed but Unamba is A LOT closer to Ladler than Edwards is

vCash

agreed but Unamba is A LOT closer to Ladler than Edwards is
    Replacing Ladler with Umamba is replacing filet mignon with a new york strip, replacing him with Edwards was like replacing him with a hot dog
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Sure riders feel the same about manny, same as jj in Montreal .. no one signs a player thinking he’s gonna suck!!

I hope we an absolute donkey... like I care about bc lol

Curious as to why bc didn’t keep jj.. he was there best weapon almost all season then ed traded for Sutton...

Strange that one.. unless jj had a knock..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Sure riders feel the same about manny, same as jj in Montreal .. no one signs a player thinking he’s gonna suck!!

I hope we an absolute donkey... like I care about bc lol

Curious as to why bc didn’t keep jj.. he was there best weapon almost all season then ed traded for Sutton...

Strange that one.. unless jj had a knock..
    JJ as in Jeremiah doesn’t run into the holes created for him, doesn’t like to get hit & NEVER blocks. Mike would literally get killed out there this year.

Sutton was a grinder & he blocked when he didn’t have the ball.

The Riders had nobody except Naman. They needed soneone, anyone.

vCash

JJ as in Jeremiah doesn’t run into the holes created for him, doesn’t like to get hit & NEVER blocks. Mike would literally get killed out there this year.
    This!
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Sutton was a grinder & he blocked when he didn’t have the ball.

The Riders had nobody except Naman. They needed soneone, anyone.
    So let me get this straight.. your pissing on jj who was productive... pointing out his weakness as u kick him out the door

Over praising Edwards who was slaughtered here for his poor play and Ill disapline. You can blame disapline on coaches just like not getting your Rb to block....

I see how it is..

U have at it!

I agree on sask though! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    This!

I don’t believe this to be true..

That said I would really have to study bc film... and I cannot be bothered.. ha!