Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 1177

Thread: 2018 Offseason

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,422
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    563

    Re: 2018 Offseason


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,982
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Well. A reason to cheer for the Bills. I guess there's a first time for everything.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,048
    vCash
    1330
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Well. A reason to cheer for the Bills. I guess there's a first time for everything.
    Nothing could make me cheer for the Bills, unless they were playing the cheatin' Patriots.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    I will say I am growing concerned with the amount of guys leaving not that they are going to the NFL because good on them if they can make it. But more so the ability of the Esks to replace them. Zylstra was a Hervey guy and left for the NFL. He was replaced by Williams who was a Hervey guy and is gone to the NFL. Who's behind Williams? Mitchell another Hervey guy is trying out for the NFL but assuming he doesn't make it, I don't think he comes back because the Esks jerked him around. So they will lose Williams and Mitchell, 2 really good receivers that need to be replaced. When Walker went down with injury (another Hervey guy) the Esks were unable to replace him and it really hurt the team. So I don't have a lot of faith right now.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,056
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    F*cking NFL... Everyone says the CFL is a joke league blah blah blah...if that's the case why are there so many guys heading south this year? Grrrrrr.... And why are all the other teams signing guys left right and center before the CBA is finished? Ugh.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    So I don't have a lot of faith right now.
    We know.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I will say I am growing concerned with the amount of guys leaving not that they are going to the NFL because good on them if they can make it. But more so the ability of the Esks to replace them. Zylstra was a Hervey guy and left for the NFL. He was replaced by Williams who was a Hervey guy and is gone to the NFL. Who's behind Williams? Mitchell another Hervey guy is trying out for the NFL but assuming he doesn't make it, I don't think he comes back because the Esks jerked him around. So they will lose Williams and Mitchell, 2 really good receivers that need to be replaced. When Walker went down with injury (another Hervey guy) the Esks were unable to replace him and it really hurt the team. So I don't have a lot of faith right now.

    Read that back now....

    Tell u what man.. I’m sure glad we ditched rob and paul and hunter and all our scouts because goddamn we were wasting a **** load of money ... Hervey found everyone!

    Give others some ****ing credit my dude!

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Read that back now....

    Tell u what man.. I’m sure glad we ditched rob and paul and hunter and all our scouts because goddamn we were wasting a **** load of money ... Hervey found everyone!

    Give others some ****ing credit my dude!
    OK. You are right, all those guys helped him out. My bad. I more meant Hervey and his team of guys but I should have mentioned them by name. My apologies. But also as you pointed out, EVERY ONE of those guys are now gone from the team. 2 of them in the last month and a half. Remind me again, who are the guys that Brock Sunderland brought in and why I need to have faith in his abilities to replace guys since they basically fired Ralph and Jones and replaced them with........ well Brock if I am not mistaken.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    OK. You are right, all those guys helped him out. My bad. I more meant Hervey and his team of guys but I should have mentioned them by name. My apologies. But also as you pointed out, EVERY ONE of those guys are now gone from the team. 2 of them in the last month and a half. Remind me again, who are the guys that Brock Sunderland brought in and why I need to have faith in his abilities to replace guys since they basically fired Ralph and Jones and replaced them with........ well Brock if I am not mistaken.
    I'm guessing you aren't paying attention as they made a good hire in David Turner, at least in my opinion.

    Turner joins the Eskimos after spending the 2017 and 2018 seasons as the BLESTO scout for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, and brings with him 10 seasons of NFL experience to the Green and Gold. Most recently, Turner owned and operated a consulting service, helping NFL Draft prospects prepare for the Combine and pre-draft interview process since 2015.

    Turner worked in the personnel department of the Arena Football League’s Arizona Rattlers from 2011-15, serving as director of player personnel in his first three seasons with the team before being elevated to assistant general manager. The Rattlers won three consecutive AFL championships from 2012-14.

    Prior to joining the Rattlers, he spent two seasons (2010-11) as the director of player personnel for the UFL’s Hartford Colonials.

    From 2005-10, he worked in the personnel department for the Oakland Raiders, holding several different positions, including scouting assistant, area scout and assistant director of pro personnel. Turner also spent time with the San Francisco 49ers in 2011 as a personnel consultant. Turner began his career in football as an intern with the Miami Dolphins (2001) and New York Giants (2003-04).

    Turner graduated from San Francisco State with a degree in political science.
    https://www.esks.com/2019/01/03/eski...eorganization/
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    OK. You are right, all those guys helped him out. My bad. I more meant Hervey and his team of guys but I should have mentioned them by name. My apologies. But also as you pointed out, EVERY ONE of those guys are now gone from the team. 2 of them in the last month and a half. Remind me again, who are the guys that Brock Sunderland brought in and why I need to have faith in his abilities to replace guys since they basically fired Ralph and Jones and replaced them with........ well Brock if I am not mistaken.
    Why am I reminding you? Brocks not my guy??? He’s the current gm that gets the same amount of time and respect te other gms have.. critic the poor , praise the good!

    I’m on no ones side..

    Can u say the same?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I'm guessing you aren't paying attention as they made a good hire in David Turner, at least in my opinion.



    https://www.esks.com/2019/01/03/eski...eorganization/

    Turner is a solid hire .. according to the people whole I know within the game..

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,168
    vCash
    27620
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I will say I am growing concerned with the amount of guys leaving not that they are going to the NFL because good on them if they can make it. But more so the ability of the Esks to replace them. Zylstra was a Hervey guy and left for the NFL. He was replaced by Williams who was a Hervey guy and is gone to the NFL. Who's behind Williams? Mitchell another Hervey guy is trying out for the NFL but assuming he doesn't make it, I don't think he comes back because the Esks jerked him around. So they will lose Williams and Mitchell, 2 really good receivers that need to be replaced. When Walker went down with injury (another Hervey guy) the Esks were unable to replace him and it really hurt the team. So I don't have a lot of faith right now.
    We'd be nuts not to be a little concerned. Zylstra gone, Williams gone, Mitchell likely gone (but not for the reason you put forth), and Walker's re-signing likely contingent on where Reilly signs. That's a lot to replace, and a tall order for any club.

    Now look at the list of free agent receivers out there around the league, and try and imagine some of those guys possibly wanting to play with a Mike Reilly too, or to take on a top-two role with a club/offence that has been a springboard for their top receiver to an NFL shot for each of the past three seasons. If there is ever a time to have to replace some great receivers, it may as well be when virtually all the top talent is out there, free on the market.

    Wrt to Mitchell - you say the Esks jerked him around. I say that the Esks and Mitchell showed a lot of commitment to each other to continue to build toward this point. This was a guy that was a training camp cut in 2015, largely a practice roster guy in 2016, and working his way onto the roster in 2017 and 2018, but with some issues being healthy at the right time, and with a fairly stacked team around him. To his credit, he performed well when he got the shot - is that because the coaches were wrong to hold him out, or was it because of the work that he and the coaches did in getting him prepped to the point where he could step in successfully. Just last week, Mitchell won an award where he was able to donate 100 pairs of socks to a homeless shelter in his hometown of San Diego - in the picture with the socks, the free agent that has worked out for 6 or more NFL teams and received multiple offers, is wearing his Esks gear top to bottom. That is not the look of a guy that feels jerked around by his employer. Mitchell leaves because he'll get an NFL offer that is good enough to take the chance and he's got a family to support, but if he's back to the CFL, do you honestly thinks of himself as a Hervey guy - he's had a bigger role and more success in the past few years, and a coaching staff that set him up for success. I know for a fact that he was frustrated in the moment at times when he came off the roster, but he is where he is now due to a combination of his perseverance and the commitment that the Esks showed to him. How many guys get that long of an audition for a role?

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I'm guessing you aren't paying attention as they made a good hire in David Turner, at least in my opinion.



    https://www.esks.com/2019/01/03/eski...eorganization/
    I am paying attention actually. The guy was hired what 6 days ago? The announcement came out Jan 3. Pretty hard for anyone except you apparently to decide it was a good hire in the player finding department when the guy hasn't been on the job for even a week and hasn't found a single player yet. Maybe he is a good hire but the logical thing for most people would be to wait longer than a few days and for the guy to physically do his job for a bit before it's decided he is a good hire. Hopefully he is because he has a hell of a lot of experience and proven track record to replace.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Why am I reminding you? Brocks not my guy??? He’s the current gm that gets the same amount of time and respect te other gms have.. critic the poor , praise the good!

    I’m on no ones side..

    Can u say the same?
    You are correct, I am not a Brock guy at this point because so far what he has done for the team has been mostly crap. He inherited a ready made team in 2017 and in that season for the most part didn't really touch it much. That team went 12-6 and was a play or 2 away from the Cup game. Then this past offseason he started to put his stamp on the team. He got rid of a bunch of players, brought in a bunch of new ones they he selected and his team went 9-9, finished dead last in the West and didn't make the playoffs in a year where you are hosting a cup. In a year where most teams LOAD UP when you are hosting, he didn't and a lot of the moves he made didn't pan out. Now maybe this season he can be better but so far, he's done NOTHING to make me think he's that good.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am paying attention actually. The guy was hired what 6 days ago? The announcement came out Jan 3. Pretty hard for anyone except you apparently to decide it was a good hire in the player finding department when the guy hasn't been on the job for even a week and hasn't found a single player yet. Maybe he is a good hire but the logical thing for most people would be to wait longer than a few days and for the guy to physically do his job for a bit before it's decided he is a good hire. Hopefully he is because he has a hell of a lot of experience and proven track record to replace.
    hahahahaha you know how to take a statement and twist it around so that you can hurl insults. Is it possible that Turner isn't a good hire? Yes its very possible but its also just, if not more likely, that he's a good one and I am basing that on his resume only. In your earlier statement you said:

    they basically fired Ralph and Jones and replaced them with........ well Brock if I am not mistaken.
    Which was clearly wrong, either that or you have already decided the guy is incompetent. It baffles me how in one breath you say we haven't brought enough talent in, then in the next breath vilify our GM for changing up the scouting staff.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    We'd be nuts not to be a little concerned. Zylstra gone, Williams gone, Mitchell likely gone (but not for the reason you put forth), and Walker's re-signing likely contingent on where Reilly signs. That's a lot to replace, and a tall order for any club.

    Now look at the list of free agent receivers out there around the league, and try and imagine some of those guys possibly wanting to play with a Mike Reilly too, or to take on a top-two role with a club/offence that has been a springboard for their top receiver to an NFL shot for each of the past three seasons. If there is ever a time to have to replace some great receivers, it may as well be when virtually all the top talent is out there, free on the market.

    Wrt to Mitchell - you say the Esks jerked him around. I say that the Esks and Mitchell showed a lot of commitment to each other to continue to build toward this point. This was a guy that was a training camp cut in 2015, largely a practice roster guy in 2016, and working his way onto the roster in 2017 and 2018, but with some issues being healthy at the right time, and with a fairly stacked team around him. To his credit, he performed well when he got the shot - is that because the coaches were wrong to hold him out, or was it because of the work that he and the coaches did in getting him prepped to the point where he could step in successfully. Just last week, Mitchell won an award where he was able to donate 100 pairs of socks to a homeless shelter in his hometown of San Diego - in the picture with the socks, the free agent that has worked out for 6 or more NFL teams and received multiple offers, is wearing his Esks gear top to bottom. That is not the look of a guy that feels jerked around by his employer. Mitchell leaves because he'll get an NFL offer that is good enough to take the chance and he's got a family to support, but if he's back to the CFL, do you honestly thinks of himself as a Hervey guy - he's had a bigger role and more success in the past few years, and a coaching staff that set him up for success. I know for a fact that he was frustrated in the moment at times when he came off the roster, but he is where he is now due to a combination of his perseverance and the commitment that the Esks showed to him. How many guys get that long of an audition for a role?
    You actually think the Esks did right by Mitchell? For real?

    Signed in April 2015 and spent the entire year on the practice roster.
    2016- Spent all but the last game, week 20 on the practice roster.
    2017. Got into 7 games, 6 were starts. Went on to get 32 catches for 482 yards and 3 TD's. I don't know about you but that's pretty darn good production in a short span of games for someone who was probably no higher than the 3rd receiver in the offensive set he would have been playing in.

    In 2017, the Esks also picked up Stafford late in the year who in 5 games had 20 catches for 265. So Mitchell had better numbers than him. So given what Mitchell did in 2017 in limited time vs Stafford, you'd think he'd have the edge over him going into 2018. NOPE. Stafford got the start ahead of him.

    2018, Mitchell AGAIN isn't a starter or even on the game roster for half the season. They play Stafford over him and when Hazelton comes back, they play Hazelton over him both of whom were lousy. The only reason he got in as much as he did was when Walker went down. The odd time he got in before the injury to Walker, he was productive. Yet they continued to play Stafford and Hazelton over him. So if you are Mitchell, you spent 2 years on the practice roster working. Finally in 2017 in a short time frame you get to play and show you are good. Then 2018 comes and you STILL can't crack the starting line up AND they decide to start 2 lesser players over you. To make matters worse, in way less games he had better numbers than Stafford and more than doubled Hazelton in yardage when Hazelton played 1 less game. So why on earth would I if I was Mitchell feel like the Esks believe in him and want to come back. I would go somewhere else.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  16. #346
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    hahahahaha you know how to take a statement and twist it around so that you can hurl insults. Is it possible that Turner isn't a good hire? Yes its very possible but its also just, if not more likely, that he's a good one and I am basing that on his resume only. In your earlier statement you said:



    Which was clearly wrong, either that or you have already decided the guy is incompetent. It baffles me how in one breath you say we haven't brought enough talent in, then in the next breath vilify our GM for changing up the scouting staff.
    I honestly hope I am wrong about all the things I have said that concern me about this team, that Brock is a competent GM and they will be a good team. Unfortunately, I don't think I am wrong though.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  17. #347
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,753
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    225

    Re: 2018 Offseason



  18. #348
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I honestly hope I am wrong about all the things I have said that concern me about this team, that Brock is a competent GM and they will be a good team. Unfortunately, I don't think I am wrong though.
    Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  19. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

    So this guys is good enough to get a look in the NFL but the Esks decided to start Stafford and Hazelton over him last year. Uh huh.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  20. #350
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,056
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    At this rate I might be able to hit training camp again as a WR!!!
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

  21. #351
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

    Best of luck to b Mitch and all of our guys who got nfl contracts!!

    For such a **** season, we have lost a lot of guys!! Lol imagine if we had won more!!!

    I hope they don’t come back! ( for them ) but selfishly I hope they don’t get the proper look, like Walker didn’t.. COD Walker is more than good enough for the nfl

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    So this guys is good enough to get a look in the NFL but the Esks decided to start Stafford and Hazelton over him last year. Uh huh.

    So are you saying you don’t want Stafford and hazelton back?


  22. #352
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,422
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    563

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Sounds like Mitchell will sign with the Arizona Cardinals... another team that needs some help at receiver... Fitzgerald is 35, and the rest at WR are a young group.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  23. #353
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Best of luck to b Mitch and all of our guys who got nfl contracts!!

    For such a **** season, we have lost a lot of guys!! Lol imagine if we had won more!!!

    I hope they don’t come back! ( for them ) but selfishly I hope they don’t get the proper look, like Walker didn’t.. COD Walker is more than good enough for the nfl

    - - - Updated - - -




    So are you saying you don’t want Stafford and hazelton back?

    I guess if they want to keep Stafford as a vet depth guy I could hold my nose and handle that but unless there is physically no one else, I would have released Hazeloton by now. He's going to be 31 yrs old in 3 weeks. He's had injury problems the last 2 seasons and when he came back, he was flat out lousy. What's is the reason to keep him.

    So with Williams gone, Mitchell gone and Walker most likely tied to where ever Reilly goes, there is a real chance the Esks have a completely different receiving core. Wonderful.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 01-08-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  24. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,422
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    563

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Well... on the positive side of things
    The fact that Walker, Zylstra, Williams, and now Mitchell have been given opportunities in the NFL based on their performances behind our offense should make Edmonton a good destination for some free agents and new talent. Signing Mike Reilly would certainly seal the deal.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  25. #355
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Well... on the positive side of things
    The fact that Walker, Zylstra, Williams, and now Mitchell have been given opportunities in the NFL based on their performances behind our offense should make Edmonton a good destination for some free agents and new talent. Signing Mike Reilly would certainly seal the deal.
    Stop looking at things through rose colored glasses Hugo, our team last year was terrible......... at least some believe
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  26. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,585
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    85

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Well... on the positive side of things
    The fact that Walker, Zylstra, Williams, and now Mitchell have been given opportunities in the NFL based on their performances behind our offense should make Edmonton a good destination for some free agents and new talent. Signing Mike Reilly would certainly seal the deal.
    True. I think the big factor was Reilly. Without a good QB, no one looks good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Stop looking at things through rose colored glasses Hugo, our team last year was terrible......... at least some believe
    Dead last in the West, out of the playoffs when hosting the Cup game. Not exactly good.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  27. #357
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Sounds like Mitchell will sign with the Arizona Cardinals... another team that needs some help at receiver... Fitzgerald is 35, and the rest at WR are a young group.
    Fitz is 35 but if he comes back for another year what a chance for Mitchell to work with in my opinion and it's just my opinion the best receiver to ever play in the NFL and a first class man to boot.
    In Rod we trust

  28. #358
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,395
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Q, dude... I've never seen a person more negative than you... it must be hell in your world....

  29. #359
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    True. I think the big factor was Reilly. Without a good QB, no one looks good.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Dead last in the West, out of the playoffs when hosting the Cup game. Not exactly good.
    You are correct we weren't good enough but 9-9 and out of the playoffs is unheard of and to say that were we garbage is an insult to the guys that are currently heading to the NFL. My post mortem for 2018 would be mostly coaching with Maas not doing a good enough job at running the team AND the offence, Bene's defence giving up WAY to many points and a brutal special teams coordinator.

    I have hope going into 2019 as they have addressed (or at least changed) the biggest area of concerns for me. This will be the first year that the team and staff will be fully Brocks so I'll be watching closely.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  30. #360
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: 2018 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I guess if they want to keep Stafford as a vet depth guy I could hold my nose and handle that but unless there is physically no one else, I would have released Hazeloton by now. He's going to be 31 yrs old in 3 weeks. He's had injury problems the last 2 seasons and when he came back, he was flat out lousy. What's is the reason to keep him.

    So with Williams gone, Mitchell gone and Walker most likely tied to where ever Reilly goes, there is a real chance the Esks have a completely different receiving core. Wonderful.
    I think at 31 Hazleton is prob done.. here anyway .

    I think miles Shuler might get a look.. will be year 2 plus for him.. let him loose.. he could be this years mitchell..

    But I agree with you.. our wr Corp will be different.. but that’s also down to our offence being so good if just produces numbers..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •