Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1156

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    So let me get this straight.. your pissing on jj who was productive... pointing out his weakness as u kick him out the door

Over praising Edwards who was slaughtered here for his poor play and Ill disapline. You can blame disapline on coaches just like not getting your Rb to block....

I see how it is..

U have at it!

I agree on sask though! lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t believe this to be true..

That said I would really have to study bc film... and I cannot be bothered.. ha!
    Heard from a few other sources that he wasn't a very good blocker and we all know how much Ed likes the RB to block, hence the White signing.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Heard from a few other sources that he wasn't a very good blocker and we all know how much Ed likes the RB to block, hence the White signing.
    Well I was originally just yanking smarties chain...

But I’ll take your guys words on it.. I just haven’t paid enough attention to him.. I know he can catch and his vision is outstanding... I think u gotta have a nice mix at Rb.. u want the get your nose dirty type but you need the flair backs to...

I was more just teasing about Edwards being a all star now he’s in orange and black!

vCash

So let me get this straight.. your pissing on jj who was productive... pointing out his weakness as u kick him out the door

Over praising Edwards who was slaughtered here for his poor play and Ill disapline. You can blame disapline on coaches just like not getting your Rb to block....

I see how it is..

U have at it!

I agree on sask though! lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t believe this to be true..

That said I would really have to study bc film... and I cannot be bothered.. ha!
    It’s not overpraising someone to say they have skills. I didn’t say that he had MAD skills or that he was a shoo-in for an all-star nod...and you can have athletic ability/skills & still have to work on the mental part. Anything good he did last year was completely overshadowed by some bad plays & by his lack of discipline, as it should have been. He really hurt the Eskimos at inopportune times, and repeatedly to boot.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 02-21-2019 at 04:30 PM.

vCash

Regina gets to host the 2020 Grey Cup.
    Hamilton awarded the 2021 game.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Surprising they went 3 in a row in the west.

vCash

I'm good with those choices tbh
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Isn't the first time, probably won't be the last.

2009: Calgary
    2010: Edmonton
    2011: Vancouver

2013: Regina
    2014: Vancouver
    2015: Winnipeg

Those are the last two stretches; in 7 years there, there was only 1 eastern GC flanked by 3-in-a-row out west. To be fair, when the 2015 game was awarded, Winnipeg was still technically an "Eastern team" as Ottawa didn't begin playing until 2014. 1998-2000 had another 3-in-a-row out west (Winnipeg/Vancouver/Calgary), but again Winnipeg was considered an Eastern team back then.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Did hear some comments that the extra year gives the Ti Cats a better chance of selling out the game...they want to avoid a repeat of the negative press they had with not being able to even come close to selling out the last GC that was held in southern Ontario. By announcing now they can start drumming up interest early although I would assume that they would have to wait until the 2020 game is played before they could actually start selling tickets. Not sure what the maximum capacity would be at Tim Horton's with temporary seating. I believe Regina would be able to accommodate around 40, 000. I would bet the league would want to see that amount or more in Hamilton if possible.
    Last edited by adb; 02-22-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

vCash

Johnny Adams moved to retired list. Was on the injured list list all of 2018
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Not sure if this was posted already, but I found a fascinating CFL.ca article highlighting the statistical side of Reilly vs. Harris. Take a look: https://www.cfl.ca/2019/03/06/fergus...is-bring-esks/
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Not sure if this was posted already, but I found a fascinating CFL.ca article highlighting the statistical side of Reilly vs. Harris. Take a look: https://www.cfl.ca/2019/03/06/fergus...is-bring-esks/
    Jaime Elizondo isn't Jason Maas. Reilly was great here, but we saved a boat load of cash AND still have one of the top QB's in the league. Harris is a bit younger too. I'm not reading into stats.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Jaime Elizondo isn't Jason Maas. Reilly was great here, but we saved a boat load of cash AND still have one of the top QB's in the league. Harris is a bit younger too. I'm not reading into stats.
    Oh yeah, for sure. In no way do I think that Harris is a mediocre addition by any means...I posted the article because of the interesting breakdowns (e.g. Short yardage comparison and downfield comparison), and also because of the optimistic conclusion.

I’ll be watching with many of you excited to find out what the*Trevor Harris-led Eskimos of 2019 look like.
    I was initially ambivalent to Harris coming in, but the more I think about it, the more excited I get to see what he can do.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Harris passed for only about 400 yards less than Reilly last year. Reilly's passing stats jumped by about 1000 yards per season (prorated) with the arrival of Maas. In terms of passing production, we'll be fine. It's the team leadership that needs to be defined in Reilly's absence. Not saying Harris isn't a leader; it's just going to be a whole different dynamic.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

my thoughts exactly, while the systems are similar the guy who is calling it is different. We'll find out near the end of 2019 if there is a difference between the signal callers.

vCash

This...
    Been saying for a while seems the media and and maybe some of the fan base just see reillys numbers..

Reilly is a great qb..
    But maas’ system is key ...

Heck the system got Burris a mop..

Mop and career numbers with Burris
    Mop and career numbers with reilly

Jason deserves a ton of credit for what he does... all tsn see is a fiery competitor who will lose his cool

I’ll take Jason over any Oc in this league.. any!

This...
    Been saying for a while seems the media and and maybe some of the fan base just see reillys numbers..

Reilly is a great qb..
    But maas’ system is key ...

Heck the system got Burris a mop..

Mop and career numbers with Burris
    Mop and career numbers with reilly

Jason deserves a ton of credit for what he does... all tsn see is a fiery competitor who will lose his cool

I’ll take Jason over any Oc in this league.. any!
    Totally agree.

Before Maas came to Edmonton, it seemed that Reilly was perceived to be an above average QB who played recklessly and couldn't stay healthy, there were few outside of Edmonton who considered him better than Bo at that point in time, now he's widely viewed as the best player in the CFL.

Maas was also the QB coach in TO when Ricky last lead the league in passing, and when Collaros and Harris were tearing up the league as rookies in Rays absence.

Everywhere he's been since his coaching career began, he's elevated the level of play of the QB's under his guidance.

vCash

The QB with the most passing yards in each of the past 5 seasons have one thing in common. Maas coaching them in some capacity. Two of those even earned MOPs.

Though I’ll never doubt Reilly’s abilities, I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris lead the league in passing if healthy. Particularly as he hasn’t been that far back of Reilly recently.

Where Reilly gets the advantage is his near 100% short yardage conversions and strong running game. But passing wise I’m not expecting much drop off and possibly even improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    The QB with the most passing yards in each of the past 5 seasons have one thing in common. Maas coaching them in some capacity. Two of those even earned MOPs.

Though I’ll never doubt Reilly’s abilities, I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris lead the league in passing if healthy. Particularly as he hasn’t been that far back of Reilly recently.

Where Reilly gets the advantage is his near 100% short yardage conversions and strong running game. But passing wise I’m not expecting much drop off and possibly even improvements.
    This is an extremely overlooked fact that nobody seems to ever talk about.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    that is why I'm giving Jason a longer rope than normal as I KNOW hes a good Offensive coordinator and I expect him to turn into a really good coach.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Not by me...

- - - Updated - - -

that is why I'm giving Jason a longer rope than normal as I KNOW hes a good Offensive coordinator and I expect him to turn into a really good coach.
    He’s still waking that tightrope of how to control emotions in public and on a game day from player side to coach..

It’s fine to have outbursts especially in the heat of the moment..... u learn to rein it in over time!

Jason is a fantastic offensive mind

vCash

... and once a season he seems to make the ultimate head scratcher of a call. Hopefully he gets that out of the way during pre-season

vCash

... and once a season he seems to make the ultimate head scratcher of a call. Hopefully he gets that out of the way during pre-season
    this is true but as long as he doesn't repeat them, he's learning.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Chris Jones was the same way. Remember that 3rd down gamble on a fake punt out of his own end zone early on with the Esks.
    Last edited by adb; 03-07-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

When it comes to football acumen, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jason Maas. I keep thinking to myself that someday I will get enough football smarts to understand why he did what he did,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Chris Jones was the same way. Remember that 3rd down gamble on a fake punt out of his own end zone early on with the Esks.
    Did Chris Jones (in his entire career as a head coach) ever choose to give up a safety? I don't think so. While I understand the strategy to an extent, that (in my opinion) was a clear example of not being flexible enough to do what is best in the situation. Some would say pig-headed or stubborn.

vCash

When it comes to football acumen, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jason Maas. I keep thinking to myself that someday I will get enough football smarts to understand why he did what he did,

- - - Updated - - -

Did Chris Jones (in his entire career as a head coach) ever choose to give up a safety? I don't think so. While I understand the strategy to an extent, that (in my opinion) was a clear example of not being flexible enough to do what is best in the situation. Some would say pig-headed or stubborn.
    fair points, he has had some head scratchers but I'm curious to see if him not calling the plays will help this out. In two seasons as the OC and head coach he went 19-17 (53%) in one season as just the head coach he went 12-6 (67%). I'm hoping that relieving him of the play calling allows more time to game manage. I have coached youth sports for 14 years or so and I can tell you that it makes a BIG difference when you have competent help and can concentrate on the big picture as opposed to small problems.

vCash

If anyone is interested in some gear

vCash
    Blog Entries

Which coincidentally is just before the launch of the new clothing line! Was wondering when they were going to start discounting the Adidas stuff...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

vCash

Can he still run a corner route?