Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    He is a free agent. Practice roster contracts are 1 year and expire at the end of the season.
    Most everyone else on from the 2018 PR has re-signed new agreements except Kline. Not sure why - is the team not sold on him after 2 years development? Is he testing the market, or not pursuing a football career? Or is it just a delayed press release to re-sign him?
    Would make sense that with all the flux in the QB market, that he might want to see what the Esks do with their roster before committing to come back and be in a battle for #3. Two years of paying his dues and learning from some good guys, I think I'd be assessing what's out there if I'm him at this point... and that by no means suggests that the Esks wouldn't be his first choice or that they still have interest in him. I don't think he'd had been retained for two years if they didn't like what they see in his potential and progression.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

And go figure—Mike Reilly apparently worked out today for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I know that their QB situation is bleak but would they actually consider signing him considering his age?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    And go figureóMike Reilly apparently worked out today for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I know that their QB situation is bleak but would they actually consider signing him considering his age?
    Wow. At 34 by the time the season would start, that's surprising. This is the only scenario where he leaves and I don't want to lead the lynch mob to Esks head office. If he actually got onto an NFL team and got into game action, I'd immediately become a fan of that team.

Doug Flutie was 35 when he went to Buffalo, so it's not completely unprecedented.
    Last edited by bone; 12-14-2018 at 05:38 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    And go figureóMike Reilly apparently worked out today for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I know that their QB situation is bleak but would they actually consider signing him considering his age?
    I think the Jags (acting) OC knows a little about what Reilly's done in the CFL.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I think the Jags (acting) OC knows a little about what Reilly's done in the CFL.
    Amen, they need a QB.

vCash

damn... as much as we would be even more decimated losing Reilly...

its helluva longshot, but i hope he makes it man...moreso than any other player we've had seeking NFL avenues

success of my team here in the CFL can surely take a backseat to the human being that is Mike effin Reilly. Go get that money and that dream of every American .

and quite honestly we dont effin deserve to win with that Rhodent at the top anywho

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Doug Flutie was 35 when he went to Buffalo, so it's not completely unprecedented.
    True, but Flutie had played in the NFL before. Dieter Brock was 34 during his statistically passable but ultimately disastrous single season as QB of the Los Angeles Rams in 1985.

vCash

If Reilly is willing to potentially hold a clipboard in Jacksonville, that also tells me that he’s willing to consider things other than distance to his wife and daughters. To me that bodes well for our chances to re-signing him if he is indeed staying in the CFL.

(Yes yes, I know it’s a lot more money in the NFL, however you can’t get much further away from Seattle than Florida....)
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    If Reilly is willing to potentially hold a clipboard in Jacksonville, that also tells me that he’s willing to consider things other than distance to his wife and daughters. To me that bodes well for our chances to re-signing him if he is indeed staying in the CFL.

(Yes yes, I know it’s a lot more money in the NFL, however you can’t get much further away from Seattle than Florida....)
    A NFL team could afford to move the entire family - wife, kids, additional caregivers/childminders. It just depends on how badly they want the athlete.

vCash

Starters for the the Eskimos next year:

QB: Steven Jyles
    #1 WR: Dobson Collins
    Starting CB: Jonte Buhl

vCash

Gut feeling tells me Milanovich is big ☓ factor here...