Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1437

Thread: 2018 Offseason

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Nothing but major love and respect for Freddy duece!

The best weapon on a mediocre eskimos team! If only he would have been around to get his ring in 15

Glad your retiring an eskimo!
    X2

His diving last second catch at the back of the endzone to beat the Stamps in Edmonton in '09(?) is still one of my all time favorite Eskimo memories, I will never forget that.

Thanks Freddy!!

vCash

Freddy Stamps.jpg

A painting in my office.

Happy to see the EEFC doing the right thing to bring back Deuce!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    X2

His diving last second catch at the back of the endzone to beat the Stamps in Edmonton in '09(?) is still one of my all time favorite Eskimo memories, I will never forget that.

Thanks Freddy!!
    Yes indeed, 2009.

Also, definitely love this marketing move...

"Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Love Freddy. It pains me he wasn't on that 2015 Grey Cup team.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Love Freddy. It pains me he wasn't on that 2015 Grey Cup team.
    Agreed.

For what it's worth, the guy he was traded for (Stafford) was the one who yelled at Jones to throw the challenge flag for DPI late in the 4th.

But your point still stands. Definitely one of the best Eskimos to never win a GC ring.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post

Freddy Deuce a great eskimo as said too bad he never got a ring
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Nothing but major love and respect for Freddy duece!

The best weapon on a mediocre eskimos team! If only he would have been around to get his ring in 15

Glad your retiring an eskimo!
    totally agree...his career eskimo numbers are wall worthy IMO
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    totally agree...his career eskimo numbers are wall worthy IMO
    Agreed, though there should be several people that get on that wall before him IMO.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Agreed, though there should be several people that get on that wall before him IMO.
    Agree with you there...we could all easily come up with anywhere from 5 to 10 names that should already be up there.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Agree with you there...we could all easily come up with anywhere from 5 to 10 names that should already be up there.
    nice problem to have. I would love for the Eskimos to come up with a secondary way to commemorate the players that helped us develop our rich history as if we threw them all on the wall, we would need another stadium
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    nice problem to have. I would love for the Eskimos to come up with a secondary way to commemorate the players that helped us develop our rich history as if we threw them all on the wall, we would need another stadium
    Maybe if they had something similar to a "Legends Corner" at one end of the concourse where each year they focus on five different players and their history in the organization. Each successive year, they could replace those tributes/bios with five new ones and fill in younger Eskimo fans with the history behind their time in Edmonton. Of course they don't have to limit it to individuals - they could have a spot for "Alberta Crude" or that all-Canadian O-line that was so dominant back in the day. This way they find time to honor those that have made contributions to the legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos, but might not be on the wall.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Maybe if they had something similar to a "Legends Corner" at one end of the concourse where each year they focus on five different players and their history in the organization. Each successive year, they could replace those tributes/bios with five new ones and fill in younger Eskimo fans with the history behind their time in Edmonton. Of course they don't have to limit it to individuals - they could have a spot for "Alberta Crude" or that all-Canadian O-line that was so dominant back in the day. This way they find time to honor those that have made contributions to the legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos, but might not be on the wall.
    beauty idea!!!!!!!

vCash

They've been doing that tribute video at each game lately featuring a former player. One of the few worthwhile segments on the big screen, IMO
    "Because this Eskimo experience is not made for just anyone" - KP

vCash

National DE Jabar Westerman has been released from MTL. Could provide depth behind Boetang. Not sure about the player too much other then a higher draft pick a few years ago. He has good blood lines with his older brother carving out a solid career as a DE in this league. Depth behind Boetang is a must since I assume he will be pencilled in as 1/7 national starters...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    National DE Jabar Westerman has been released from MTL. Could provide depth behind Boetang. Not sure about the player too much other then a higher draft pick a few years ago. He has good blood lines with his older brother carving out a solid career as a DE in this league. Depth behind Boetang is a must since I assume he will be pencilled in as 1/7 national starters...
    I think we are going to be seeing a lot of different looks on D this year, with some 4 linebacker sets where you may see Boateng take a breather while one of our national LB's come in

vCash

RE: QB Michael Oconnor out of UBC? apparently hype around this guy. not manziel hype , but yeah.

As per Lalji, Maas was there also.

From the footage, i aint no scout, but seems to have the size already and moves very well with his footwork and release

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/o-conno...ro-day~1653324

vCash

After the demise of the AAF, I imagine Stefan Charles will stand pat and hope for another NFL opportunity to arise. Otherwise he might be a nice National addition to our D-Line. Imagine trying to contain his size next to Almondo Sewell?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    After the demise of the AAF, I imagine Stefan Charles will stand pat and hope for another NFL opportunity to arise. Otherwise he might be a nice National addition to our D-Line. Imagine trying to contain his size next to Almondo Sewell?
    I've thought of that scenario also. THat would be two serious 'road-graders' at DT. After holding out hope that Charles and Patzor would come north, I've come to the realization that the CFL is most likely off their rader. Both have made much money south and will be looking to continue their career in the NFL.

However, what is OL Justin Senior up too. I would think that playing professional football would be a high priority for him at this point. He has played 0 NFL games and out of football for two years now i think. This would be huge if he comes north. I thought we would see Senior way before WR Smith joined the EE. Getting Senior signed would be another huge boost to the off=season...

Any insights?

vCash

... wrong thread.

Obviously drinking again
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 04-09-2019 at 04:07 PM.

vCash

I've thought of that scenario also. THat would be two serious 'road-graders' at DT. After holding out hope that Charles and Patzor would come north, I've come to the realization that the CFL is most likely off their rader. Both have made much money south and will be looking to continue their career in the NFL.

However, what is OL Justin Senior up too. I would think that playing professional football would be a high priority for him at this point. He has played 0 NFL games and out of football for two years now i think. This would be huge if he comes north. I thought we would see Senior way before WR Smith joined the EE. Getting Senior signed would be another huge boost to the off=season...

Any insights?
    Justin Senior signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Any insights?
    Double post, sorry.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Considering we were expecting no changes to the uni's I'm wondering if those are the new jerseys?

vCash
    Blog Entries

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Considering we were expecting no changes to the uni's I'm wondering if those are the new jerseys?
    I'm guessing the answer is no based on this Bazzie clip as he is wearing Adidas pants. By the way, it sounds like Alex is ready for some football

vCash

They are both wearing the sig uni pants... which is interesting

I’m still not sure why you wouldn’t wait till we had the new era ones in stock before going ANY PROMO!

vCash

I am glad this guy can run fast between cones, bench press a lot and can jump really high. You can do all that if you go to the gym enough. Does he know how to play pro football and I don't mean soccer?

I am still struggling to know other than maybe getting money from these countries, why the CFL is doing this.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Well... to add to our jersey number discussion from the previous day...

vCash

Not a fan of this at all !

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am glad this guy can run fast between cones, bench press a lot and can jump really high. You can do all that if you go to the gym enough. Does he know how to play pro football and I don't mean soccer?

I am still struggling to know other than maybe getting money from these countries, why the CFL is doing this.
    Same reason the NFL is doing it IMO...foreign language TV contracts and team jersey sales outside of North America...wonder if we'll lose our Mexican player or Frenchman to one of those 4 NFL practice roster spots...that would be really upsetting