Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Cannot wait for fa to start now...

We’re gonna be alright ...

The sun is up.. we’re still the g&g

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    According to Ryan Rishaug, Mike Reilly will sign a 4 year deal starting at 700K tomorrow morning. Edmonton was willing to match the contract.
    Heck of a lot of money .. not once but 4 times and u gotta balance those books every year..

Good luck bc...

Wanna trade for Colin kelly? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Big get!

vCash

I can't wait to see Tevaun in green and gold!!

Now, we just need someone to throw the ball to him.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Maybe the Smith signing , being a ratio changer, might open up the safety spot to an import unless they give Colquhoun a shot there.
    A lot of possibilities:
    1) he allows us to start 2 Canadians and thus change the ratio elsewhere (Travis Bond on the OL, or another American in the secondary)
    2) he is an upgrade over Adjei/Behar as our starting Canadian receiver
    3) we are all way ahead of ourselves and shouldn't count on a rookie becoming a starter overnight. Might need a year of seasoning.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Dean Millard is tweeting that Walker's likely going to sign in BC as well.
    I just read that BC is expected to sign Duron Carter as well. Is Hervey printing money in his basement?

-Homer Simpson

vCash

The Smith signing is a very good signing. Hopefully he can be an impact Canadian receiver.

I like the King signing. He is the type of guy you want to keep on your team. With the loss of both Reilly and Sherritt, they need him more than ever for leadership.

I am indifferent to the McCarty signing. He's slowing down past his prime but they lost a ton of leadership so they need him.

I am indifferent to the Hightower signing. I thought the secondary was a weak spot of the team so keeping anyone from that group wasn't a real priority for me but he's not the worst of the bunch I guess.

I am a surprised by the Stafford signing. He was good in the first half of the season and BRUTAL in the second half when the games mattered the most. I wanted them to move on from him as I do not think he is very good. Personally I would have waited, used his money to try to beg Walker to come back. I have my doubts teams would be lining up to get him so if later on, you thought you looked thin at the Import receiver position, you could bring him in for camp.

I am baffled by the Kelly signing. Can he start for you at tackle? If you have too, I guess so but he's not a good starter at all and hasn't been since he got here. The Esks Oline has not been a strong area for 2 seasons now, last year being worse than the previous year. By bringing Kelly back you are going into this season with pretty much the same group that was below average last year. I just don't get it.

I am supposed to give Brock another year to prove himself. Well he better pick his game up BIG TIME in a hurry.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 02-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Hope the Cater signing helps keep D Walker here. Smith and Walker would be a good one two punch

vCash

Wonder if we can get Justin Senior up here now? I know he's been trying to stick in the NFL but it's time to actually play and not jump from team to team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Wonder if we can get Justin Senior up here now? I know he's been trying to stick in the NFL but it's time to actually play and not jump from team to team.
    I am a bit surprised he did not sign with a AAF team to showcase his ability .

vCash

Smith and Taylor are to great draft pick signings.. both will make an impact..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am supposed to give Brock another year to prove himself. Well he better pick his game up BIG TIME in a hurry.
    How's today feel?
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    How's today feel?
    I did say we’re gonna be alright!

Winning out the gates today!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Smith and Taylor are to great draft pick signings.. both will make an impact..
    drawing a blank.. who be Taylor ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    drawing a blank.. who be Taylor ?
    Western mustang Rb/ slot/ kr

We drafted him and McMaster last year.. both went back to school... both can ball...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    The Smith signing is a very good signing. Hopefully he can be an impact Canadian receiver.

I like the King signing. He is the type of guy you want to keep on your team. With the loss of both Reilly and Sherritt, they need him more than ever for leadership.

I am indifferent to the McCarty signing. He's slowing down past his prime but they lost a ton of leadership so they need him.

I am indifferent to the Hightower signing. I thought the secondary was a weak spot of the team so keeping anyone from that group wasn't a real priority for me but he's not the worst of the bunch I guess.

I am a surprised by the Stafford signing. He was good in the first half of the season and BRUTAL in the second half when the games mattered the most. I wanted them to move on from him as I do not think he is very good. Personally I would have waited, used his money to try to beg Walker to come back. I have my doubts teams would be lining up to get him so if later on, you thought you looked thin at the Import receiver position, you could bring him in for camp.

I am baffled by the Kelly signing. Can he start for you at tackle? If you have too, I guess so but he's not a good starter at all and hasn't been since he got here. The Esks Oline has not been a strong area for 2 seasons now, last year being worse than the previous year. By bringing Kelly back you are going into this season with pretty much the same group that was below average last year. I just don't get it.

Last year, one of the valid criticisms was that we didn't have the depth of competition at import Tackle, and also struggled with depth to withstand injuries. Bringing Kelly back, particularly in light of adding SvR, makes a lot of sense in that regard. 6 natural tackles now on the roster to compete - likely for three spots, and I doubt that either Kelly or Draheim break the bank, while SvR comes with a healthy, but worthwhile, cap hit - reportedly the highest of any import O-lineman in the league, but with stats to back it up and a relationship with the new QB.

For Stafford, I won't dispute your assessment - he struggled frustratingly down the stretch, but showed well early in the right role. He's a guy that will be counted on to show some leadership, something that the team has seen in him over the past few years - this is not the Kenny Stafford of 4 years ago, That he wants to be in Edmonton and puts down roots is part of a good presence in the locker room, and his relationships with guys like Mitchell and Duke could come in handy if they make their way back north. With Walker asking for a reported $275k, whatever they're paying Stafford wasn't going to dent that... especially with going to get Ellingson as a safety blanket for Harris. I was a little surprised that his price tag hadn't come down a little on the heels of a somewhat down year, but thrilled to have him.

Obviously, the roster wasn't done with those signings yesterday, nor is it done now... but I think Brock has, pretty unequivocally, picked up his game.

vCash

Wonder if we'll see Justin Senior up here at some point? A Hervey draft pick who would definitely help the O-line out from a ratio standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Wonder if we'll see Justin Senior up here at some point? A Hervey draft pick who would definitely help the O-line out from a ratio standpoint.
    Smith was a Hervey pick, but Senior was actually part of the 2017 draft under Brock. Which could be in the conversation for best draft in Eskimo history if Senior signed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    I am a bit surprised he did not sign with a AAF team to showcase his ability .
    Yeah you would think that he would want to be playing somewhere.

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Another guy, CB Johnny Adams, is still shown on the Esks roster. As I recall, he got hurt in the preseason & was never heard from again. Also Brandyn Thompson, came back late in the season & played. Is he still in their plans?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Another guy, CB Johnny Adams, is still shown on the Esks roster. As I recall, he got hurt in the preseason & was never heard from again. Also Brandyn Thompson, came back late in the season & played. Is he still in their plans?
    Not sure of a lot of the new guys, but he's a corner who can play the field side. And with Orange on the boundary, you'd think Adams would fit in well if healthy. Hopefully one of the new guys can play that corner spot and beat him out, but he's a stable veteran to have I think.

With Thompson suffering another serious injury, you'd have to think he's done as an Eskimo unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong though, because he's a fantastic locker room guy. He's also very versatile.

vCash

Brock talked up Colquhoun as being one of the corners. With Onyeka playing corner in University, that sounds like a natural pairing. Not sure if Adams is even going to be ready to go come May.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Brock talked up Colquhoun as being one of the corners. With Onyeka playing corner in University, that sounds like a natural pairing. Not sure if Adams is even going to be ready to go come May.
    What the heck was his exact injury?