Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1437

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

#PizStrong

vCash

What if Geography is the deciding factor and we know BEFORE free agency, would we possibly trade Mike to BC for Jennings + some additional parts and get some additional time to negotiate with him?
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post

Further to this.

Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

Trade him to TO if we have the indication he’s gone to BC. Make sure Franklin is part of the return.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

What if Geography is the deciding factor and we know BEFORE free agency, would we possibly trade Mike to BC for Jennings + some additional parts and get some additional time to negotiate with him?
    Hervey would likely win that rights deal for the 2nd time.
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

Mike isn’t leaving... .. I don’t think a Qb of mikes age can wait 2-3 years for the lions to have a run at the cup... so why leave what he has for coaches he’s not as familiar with or had success with.. I see mike wanting to secure his future money wise, he has 2 young babies.. and he wants to win.. his parents wil still travel regardless of where he plays he knows this already

Only think fa is gonna bring is def figure on how much we’re gonna take a hit.. that is my take.. every journo under the sun got something to say.. they know as much as me and u .

But we will find out for sure one way or the other next week..

vCash

Maybe we've already talked to Jennings?
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Trade him to TO if we have the indication he’s gone to BC. Make sure Franklin is part of the return.

I agree..

Play smart..

Outthink em!

However I don’t think reilly is leaving.. but if he was.. I’d def trade him or concider it.. if someone would bite

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Maybe we've already talked to Jennings?

What do u offer Jennings? Because after his stock took a hit he can’t be that high on the cap hit..

vCash

Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Further to this.

What more can brock do apart from move the eskimos to the states?

vCash

I hope you're right

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    What more can brock do apart from move the eskimos to the states?
    He's done everything he could, if Reilly leaves it will be a geography choice and we will have drove the price up.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike isn’t leaving... .. I don’t think a Qb of mikes age can wait 2-3 years for the lions to have a run at the cup... so why leave what he has for coaches he’s not as familiar with or had success with.. I see mike wanting to secure his future money wise, he has 2 young babies.. and he wants to win.. his parents wil still travel regardless of where he plays he knows this already

Only think fa is gonna bring is def figure on how much we’re gonna take a hit.. that is my take.. every journo under the sun got something to say.. they know as much as me and u .

See thats the thing, we may not find out for awhile as apparently he's not signing until a CBA is in place.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Hope Brock mentioned that YEG flies direct to Seattle... and maybe add the Esks will cover his flight costs

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Hope Brock mentioned that YEG flies direct to Seattle... and maybe add the Esks will cover his flight costs
    And his families, friends, dog sitters, etc.
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

so its pretty clear geography is a huge factor...

As others stated - Brock gives permission sees whats being offered and has a chance to match. Is possible.

we give permission to BC because Reilly's camp has made it clear he wants to play closer to home - we give BC permission and in return we are allowed to see one or some of their FAs.

Its clearly between Edmonton and BC with a uber darkhorse in Calgary.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    so its pretty clear geography is a huge factor...

As others stated - Brock gives permission sees whats being offered and has a chance to match. Is possible.

we give permission to BC because Reilly's camp has made it clear he wants to play closer to home - we give BC permission and in return we are allowed to see one or some of their FAs.

Its clearly between Edmonton and BC with a uber darkhorse in Calgary.
    I am sure you are exactly right. They don't give the Lions permission unless Reilly's camp asked for them to do that because he wants to go there. Not looking good. Hopefully I am wrong.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Sure hope ed gets fined for that ask the eskimos remark!

#ustayclassy
    Why? he had permission
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Why? he had permission
    Yes mate.. we have all gathered I totally read that quote wrong!

vCash

As mentioned... maybe BS has a feeling that Reilly will leave and sign with BC. By publically stating that he will not be outbid for Reilly services he is actually increasing the cost that B.C. will need to shell out to land MR. I’ve read that Reilly could be in the 700 000 - 750 000 range. That is a massive contract in today’s CBA. Yes, BC gets the top pivot in CFL, but will hinder them big time in other areas.

I’m sure by letting Reilly talk before free agency starts is a strategic move on BS part. He wants to know by the 14th what direction to go. If Reilly gone, then lots more money to spend on quality free agency to strengthen other areas of team. If Jennings or trade for Franklin cost 250 000 that a lot of extra money for FA.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    As mentioned... maybe BS has a feeling that Reilly will leave and sign with BC. By publically stating that he will not be outbid for Reilly services he is actually increasing the cost that B.C. will need to shell out to land MR. I’ve read that Reilly could be in the 700 000 - 750 000 range. That is a massive contract in today’s CBA. Yes, BC gets the top pivot in CFL, but will hinder them big time in other areas.

I’m sure by letting Reilly talk before free agency starts is a strategic move on BS part. He wants to know by the 14th what direction to go. If Reilly gone, then lots more money to spend on quality free agency to strengthen other areas of team. If Jennings or trade for Franklin cost 250 000 that a lot of extra money for FA.
    Gwn has mentioned harris...
    he would be my 1 if we lose mike...

vCash

#PizStrong

vCash

I'm getting very confused. I've been hearing how good Hervey is now you're telling me he can't rebuild things in less than 3 or 4 years? Right now I'm not seeing a whole heck of a lot of difference between the two rosters. It would seem if he stays in Edmonton he'd be just as far away from a run at the Cup. Both finished 9-9 last year and it wasn't BC who did it with Reilly at the helm.

vCash

I'd argue that Edmonton failed to live up to its roster expectations last year and had more potential than BC. But it was squandered in the late-season tailspin.

But it hardly matters. The way this off-season might shape up, it looks like nine rosters might be blown sky-high. Not sure that there's any difference now between Esks' and Lions' potentials.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I'd argue that Edmonton failed to live up to its roster expectations last year and had more potential than BC. But it was squandered in the late-season tailspin.

But it hardly matters. The way this off-season might shape up, it looks like nine rosters might be blown sky-high. Not sure that there's any difference now between Esks' and Lions' potentials.
    I wouldn't go that far. Winnipeg and to a lesser extent Hamilton seem to have done a good job of keeping things fairly intact. Bombers especially could take a step forward thanks to the competition taking a step back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Winnipeg and to a lesser extent Hamilton seem to have done a good job of keeping things fairly intact. Bombers especially could take a step forward thanks to the competition taking a step back.
    http://www.esksfans.com/forum/showth...602#post859602

From earlier today. We'll see. I guess that's why they play the games
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Personally I think Loffler is a touch over-rated. He makes a lot of highlight reels by making big hits but he also seems to take himself out of a lot of plays trying to make the big hit If rumours of his ask are true that's far too much for a safety I don't care what his ratio status is. I can totally understand why the Bombers are willing to let him test free agency. Purely on ability ratio notwithstanding I think Santos-Knox would be missed more but as an INT he should be easier to replace.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I personally would NOT go higher than 600,000 for Reilly and risk crippling the rest of the team Mike is awesome but he has maybe 3 years left in him ,so I would not break the bank no way ,might as well start fresh now and build on whomever we decide on .

vCash

That's the thing... Bombers blew their wad on a key component on their defense. It's a roll of the dice, and teams are hoping that their marquee players live up to their expectations and fill in the voids left by the players they had to discard to sign those contracts. Personally, I think Mike Reilly is one of those guys who plays beyond their $. The key for a GM is to find those diamonds in the rough when you have an elite talent signed to big money. I think the biggest reason ET traded Ray all those years ago is because he didn't have the skillset to fill in the gaps, so he freed up cash. Still, he failed. If a GM can lose a talent like Mike Reilly and rebound, well that says a lot about the management. 2019 will be a huge test for the Eskimos if Reilly chooses to go elsewhere. Right now, I have more faith in Brock without Mike, then I did Tillman without Ricky. Time will tell...
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 02-08-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    I'm getting very confused. I've been hearing how good Hervey is now you're telling me he can't rebuild things in less than 3 or 4 years? Right now I'm not seeing a whole heck of a lot of difference between the two rosters. It would seem if he stays in Edmonton he'd be just as far away from a run at the Cup. Both finished 9-9 last year and it wasn't BC who did it with Reilly at the helm.
    If your paying reilly 700k your losing other quality pieces.. period...

vCash

If your paying reilly 700k your losing other quality pieces.. period...
    Itís not that simple. Itís not like all of a sudden you have an all-star QB and completely suck everywhere else.

If you bring in someone like Mike or Bo, other (good) players are willing to take a bit of a discount to play with him and, ultimately, to win. Not everyone, but some.

As Ed said in his interview on Vancouver 650 yesterday, the CFL has turned itself into a journeymanís league, so itís basically a calculated risk for 1-2 years.