Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Now remove sheetz!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Interesting hire. I took a look at his Twitter, and it looks like he does a ton of stuff with charities, schools, and the local community.

His voice doesn't sound quite as commanding as Stafford's did, but I'll wait till I hear him in an actual game instead of going off a few lines of dialogue.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Almost sounds like he's calling darts.

vCash

With Woods, it's disappointing. I'm no expert in evaluating footwork for offensive linemen, but it was fairly apparent to me last TC that he was not where I had expected him to be given the high draft standing and a year of development at that point. I had hoped that he'd continue to progress, but like cmbuk says, this is also indicative that others have passed him on the depth chart, similar to what some are hoping happens at WR.

Looking back over the draft from previous years, it remains a crap-shoot. When you can pick up a guy that was drafted 10th overall, you've got some expectations invested, but it's still a gamble to think that they'll develop into a starter... and an absolute rarity that they are a contributor within the first few seasons. Sad to see the end of the Woods experiment, but looking forward to seeing if Saxelid is worthy of hope.

vCash

Def read on here but canít recall who said that we should or might release konar.. well they were spot on!

Understand the why on it, total cap move.. but come on esks donít thank him on social media after.. sure heís not that happy with you as it is

Seen to many teams thank players after they cut em..

Donít cut em 2-3 days before camp! Show em some respect..

Sure he will end up somewhere..

With our pick up at lb this off season.. was always gonna be tough for konar ( and his injuryís )!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Def read on here but can’t recall who said that we should or might release konar.. well they were spot on!

Understand the why on it, total cap move.. but come on esks don’t thank him on social media after.. sure he’s not that happy with you as it is

Don’t cut em 2-3 days before camp! Show em some respect..

With our pick up at lb this off season.. was always gonna be tough for konar ( and his injury’s )!
    A big thanks shoutout on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Def read on here but can’t recall who said that we should or might release konar.. well they were spot on!

Understand the why on it, total cap move.. but come on esks don’t thank him on social media after.. sure he’s not that happy with you as it is

Don’t cut em 2-3 days before camp! Show em some respect..

With our pick up at lb this off season.. was always gonna be tough for konar ( and his injury’s )!
    Total cap move or given his injury history (which goes right back to high school) is it possible he failed his medical?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    Total cap move or given his injury history (which goes right back to high school) is it possible he failed his medical?
    3DN reported that he was asked to take a pay cut and refused...

Sounds like it could potentially be similar to the Sol E situation that we've been talking about in another thread (on a lesser scale, though).
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    3DN reported that he was asked to take a pay cut and refused...

Sounds like it could potentially be similar to the Sol E situation that we've been talking about in another thread (on a lesser scale, though).
    Much much less scale konar hadn’t even established himself as a reliable starter.. comparable yes.. but not the same