Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Let’s not forget soly won an mop by tackling players 18-20 yards down field!
    Sherrit has his best year when he broke the record for tackles... most 15-30 yards downfield!

Stats and numbers can be moulded to suit any arguments
    That’s just it. Their respective individual success in those seasons was a result of their team D’s not being that great.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Reilly is a much better Qb than bo levi mitchell. (just my opinion)

vCash

Reilly had a workout with the Jacksonville Jaguars ??!!
    Wow. He is so outta Edmonton

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Reilly is a much better Qb than bo levi mitchell. (just my opinion)
    Brings so much more to a team than what he shows on the field. His toughness and leadership are just what a team in transition needs
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Brings so much more to a team than what he shows on the field. His toughness and leadership are just what a team in transition needs
    Justin Dunk of 3rd Down Nation has an article about how the Sliders are gonna go hard after Mike Reilly and traitor Jones really thinks they can get him saying they can offer him more money than anybody else can and that him being the face of slidernation he can make all kind of endorsements during and after his playing career .What is everybody's thoughts on this article.Personally it would make me sick to see OUR Mike in slidernation ,and I'd probably give up on the CFL .It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jones is talking to Mike right now as it seems the Sliders can tamper anytime they want and no penalties.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Justin Dunk of 3rd Down Nation has an article about how the Sliders are gonna go hard after Mike Reilly and traitor Jones really thinks they can get him saying they can offer him more money than anybody else can and that him being the face of slidernation he can make all kind of endorsements during and after his playing career .What is everybody's thoughts on this article.Personally it would make me sick to see OUR Mike in slidernation ,and I'd probably give up on the CFL .It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jones is talking to Mike right now as it seems the Sliders can tamper anytime they want and no penalties.
    To me that article was nothing but Rider’s staff tampering by planting a seed to Dunk. They should be fined for it. As for the content, nothing they are offering is anything any other organization can’t or wouldn’t offer Reilly except maybe facilities.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Reilly had a workout with the Jacksonville Jaguars ??!!
    Wow. He is so outta Edmonton
    The Jacksonville thing is highly unlikely to pan out for him. They have worked out many QBs, and are still exploring who their OC will be for the coming season - they are not locked in on Milanovich. If they change the OC, he may change the QB coach too.

Mike is ideal for the CFL game, but NFL teams are going to hold his age against him unless it was potentially to bring in as a one-year placeholder... and then, he's competing with any number of veteran QBs that have been working as backups for years and digesting full NFL playbooks.

Perhaps it was the NFL's short-sightedness that had Mike up here in the first place, but it has not evolved so much that he's going to be highly sought after down there now.

vCash

For what it’s worth, the CBS NFL guys all think it’s Flacco to Jacksonville. They didn’t even mention Reilly as a possibility/other option.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    For what it’s worth, the CBS NFL guys all think it’s Flacco to Jacksonville. They didn’t even mention Reilly as a possibility/other option.
    same age, bigger, proven success in the NFL... makes sense. I think the only way Reilly is a serious contender is if Milanovich is OC.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    If it's Flacco, then why not Darian Durant?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
    It's not like O'Donnell never played tackle before. He started there at Queen's, he played there in Cincinnati's training camp, and he's played there for the Esks before. He's a smart, athletic player. I didn't really think he was an issue on the outside. When Draheim went down, the Esks were able to get an all-star guard on the cheap and not break ratio. That's not bad. I would bet Bond cost less than any proven tackle, if even there was such a player available at the time. I don't imagine the Esks had a ton of salary flexibility.

And I don't think a lot of Edmonton's sacks and pressures were because of a faulty line, myself. Maas almost never continued with use of his running game, despite having a good back in Gable and guys like Bond and O'Donnell, who would probably be better known as run blockers than pass blockers. Whether by design or not, Reilly also seemed to default to the deep ball this year, rather than hitting receivers on short check-down routes, screens, etc. Without a varied offence, you stand a good chance of getting your QB killed, regardless of what you have on that line.
    The Sacks were mainly the result of a Turnstile on the Right side named Kelly. We need a Proven LT who can play at a high level. Matty can easily play RT a position he excelled at in College. Bond is an all star quality guard.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    The Jacksonville thing is highly unlikely to pan out for him. They have worked out many QBs, and are still exploring who their OC will be for the coming season - they are not locked in on Milanovich. If they change the OC, he may change the QB coach too.

Mike is ideal for the CFL game, but NFL teams are going to hold his age against him unless it was potentially to bring in as a one-year placeholder... and then, he's competing with any number of veteran QBs that have been working as backups for years and digesting full NFL playbooks.

Perhaps it was the NFL's short-sightedness that had Mike up here in the first place, but it has not evolved so much that he's going to be highly sought after down there now.
    I don’t know what chances Mike Reilly has of cracking an NFL team. I just don’t know enough to be intelligent about it.

But ... one has to think that if he is looking at Jacksonville, he is probably looking at a lot of options (CFL, NFL). And of course, why not. He has his family’s future to secure and in his profession one never knows when it is game over. And frankly, things in the igloo not too rosey.

Always liked Reilly, from the first time I saw him playing backup in BC. Toughed it out as the human tackle dummy his first couple years with us, before going on to win Grey Cup and then MVP. Last year had to be a huge disappointment.

One of the very great ones to wear the green and gold.

I don’t want him to leave, but all things considered I wouldn’t blame him.

vCash

Hey, I’ve tried looking for the $63 kids seat promotion, but can’t find the info online. Does anyone know where I can find it? Guess I’m re-upping this year and adding another kids seat and can hopefully save a little money.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Hey, I’ve tried looking for the $63 kids seat promotion, but can’t find the info online. Does anyone know where I can find it? Guess I’m re-upping this year and adding another kids seat and can hopefully save a little money.
    Hopefully this is the info you are looking for:
    https://www.esks.com/kids-season-seats/

vCash

Hopefully this is the info you are looking for:
    https://www.esks.com/kids-season-seats/
    Thanks! That was what I was looking for! Don’t know why I couldn’t track it down, might be that I’m still pretty technologically illiterate!

vCash

vCash

wth? We are drafting players from mexico? I guess i missed this info.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    wth? We are drafting players from mexico? I guess i missed this info.
    I suspect 99% of these guys will never see a contract. The draft was for player rights, that's all. I guess all the drafted players get some swag, a confirmation letter and that's about it. In the end, many think it's more about the CFL trying to tap into a new TV market than anything else.

vCash

That'll be one heck of a nameplate.
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

vCash

I doubt that anyone from Mexico turns into anything but I guess who knows. The Esks for years were the only team that couldn't find a consistent kick returner in all of North America, maybe some speedy guy from Mexico is the answer. They brought in Jackson who was slightly better but wasn't great.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I doubt that anyone from Mexico turns into anything but I guess who knows. The Esks for years were the only team that couldn't find a consistent kick returner in all of North America, maybe some speedy guy from Mexico is the answer. They brought in Jackson who was slightly better but wasn't great.
    With El Chapo out of business now maybe some fast runners down there will be in need of work.

vCash

Our 56 Parkies and Dave Campbell have tweeted some highlites of our # 1 pick in the Mexican draft. Very impressive hands & quickness.

vCash

I personally hope a lot of players from Mexico make the league just to hear the announcers try to pronouce their names.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    4.38 speed for our first pick that's some raw talent there I'd be willing to give him a look
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I personally hope a lot of players from Mexico make the league just to hear the announcers try to pronouce their names.
    I wonder if there is a Mexican Rod Black? That play by play would be interesting

"él balbuceó el balón... o lo hizo???"

vCash

I wonder if there is a Mexican Rod Black? That play by play would be interesting

I'd certainly consider watching CFL games broadcast in Spanish. Their announcers in other sports are awesome.

vCash

This Mexico experiment is, uh, interesting.

I'm willing to see how it plays out. But why does it feel like the CFL is jumping the shark?

vCash

Muy bien! No se tu hables espanol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    This Mexico experiment is, uh, interesting.

I'm willing to see how it plays out. But why does it feel like the CFL is jumping the shark?
    tiburon...saltar el tiburon
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 01-14-2019 at 05:15 PM.