Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1437

Thread: 2018 Offseason

vCash

Re: 2018 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Well... to add to our jersey number discussion from the previous day...

U can see the green patch covering the Adidas logo..

vCash

I can't recall an Esk ever wearing "0" before.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    I can't recall an Esk ever wearing "0" before.
    Mike Reilly wore it when we did the tribute to Larry Highbaugh.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Mike Reilly wore it when we did the tribute to Larry Highbaugh.
    Cdn Dlineman Jermaine Lee wore "00" , didn't last long here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am glad this guy can run fast between cones, bench press a lot and can jump really high. You can do all that if you go to the gym enough. Does he know how to play pro football and I don't mean soccer?

I am still struggling to know other than maybe getting money from these countries, why the CFL is doing this.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the Esks brass probably did a little more than just look up this guys combine numbers online before picking him.

Had a chat with Tristan Jackson yesterday, he said the biggest thing that stood out to him about Trevor Harris from their time in Ottawa together was his work ethic, he said Trevor was one of the hardest working guys he's ever played with.

I think that'll lend it self to Maas' style of QB coaching really well, which should result in a major elevation of his game just as Reilly and Burris experienced. We could be talking about Harris as an elite CFL QB in a year or two from now and it would not surprise me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Cdn Dlineman Jermaine Lee wore "00" , didn't last long here though.
    I have pics somewhere of Lee wearing 93; did he wear 00 during an actual game?
    @EsksHistory

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I have pics somewhere of Lee wearing 93; did he wear 00 during an actual game?
    I thought he did. He was highly regarded coming in as a non import . For some reason it just didn't work out. Gonna have a quick look at Soudog's if he did wear 00.

Soudog's says in 2006 he wore 00. For one season, 2006.
    Last edited by turftoe27; 04-11-2019 at 01:38 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Had a chat with Tristan Jackson yesterday, he said the biggest thing that stood out to him about Trevor Harris from their time in Ottawa together was his work ethic, he said Trevor was one of the hardest working guys he's ever played with.

I think that'll lend it self to Maas' style of QB coaching really well, which should result in a major elevation of his game just as Reilly and Burris experienced. We could be talking about Harris as an elite CFL QB in a year or two from now and it would not surprise me.
    IMO he's there already... #2 in the league.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    One thing I'm really looking forward to seeing is how the passing game develops. There has been a lot of talk (and sometimes it's meant as criticism) about how Harris is a short pass / high completion percentage QB that doesn't push the ball downfield nearly as much as a Reilly or even BLM which might not be a bad thing as it tends to reduce the number of 2 and outs. It'll be interesting to see what JM developes in terms of a passing offense to suit his new QBs strengths/weaknesses.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Even ahead of MItchell in Calgary? (I hate to ask it, but it's a legit devil's advocate question.)
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Even ahead of MItchell in Calgary? (I hate to ask it, but it's a legit devil's advocate question.)
    That's a fair question and I think we find out this year. You've got two of the major QB's moving to new teams, team mates and terminology, while Bo continues with a system he is completely comfortable with. Pressure is on Bo to live up to his hype.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Yeah, he's maybe 3 right now. We don't like Mitchell and we mostly believe his stats are propped up by the quality of team, but he does have two grey cup wins as a starter and two MOP awards (while being almost 4 years younger) and a pretty ridiculous winning percentage. His teams have been top notch, but he's performed at the required level to keep them top notch.

vCash

Harris will lead the league in passing this year..

Gonna be a smooth transition into maas’s System

vCash

vCash

I actually like this this makes alot more sense as a ticket seller than some 80s rappers
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Yeah, he's maybe 3 right now. We don't like Mitchell and we mostly believe his stats are propped up by the quality of team, but he does have two grey cup wins as a starter and two MOP awards (while being almost 4 years younger) and a pretty ridiculous winning percentage. His teams have been top notch, but he's performed at the required level to keep them top notch.
    I'm talking about individual skill level. The Grey Cups, the winning percentage, and the MOP awards IMO, have more to do with the team than the player. When the Stamps' offense had bad days where their play was average or suffering injuries, Bo was exposed, nervous, with happy feet.

Put the two on the same field with the same team and same prep, and I'm taking Harris. Not saying Bo's a bad QB; I'd still put him in the top 4 or 5.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I actually like this this makes alot more sense as a ticket seller than some 80s rappers
    I stopped being a wrestling fan when I grew out of my teens but bringing in a big name wrestler that was a former Esks player makes WAY more sense than some washed up rapper.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I stopped being a wrestling fan when I grew out of my teens but bringing in a big name wrestler that was a former Esks player makes WAY more sense than some washed up rapper.
    Plus when you couple it with a deal on tickets like 3 for 99 dollars that's 33 bucks a ticket, not quite as low as I would like to see for a non-rival game but you figure dad can take his two boys or mom and dad can take a kid for less than a hundred. I stopped being a wrestling fan when my kids got out of it but someone winning a meet and greet is a cool prize ( I hope someone with a couple kids wins personally)
    In Rod we trust

vCash

It's funny how the Eskimos are doing a better job of marketing now that the President with all that marketing experience is gone.

vCash

It's funny how the Eskimos are doing a better job of marketing now that the President with all that marketing experience is gone.
    I was thinking the same thing, the Fred Stamps retirement game with 22.22$ tickets and the meet Roman Reigns. It's like there was a giant sucking sound in the front office but that was just Rhodes pulling his head out of his ass and leaving.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

So....wrestling shows at half time now? Would be better than Vanilla Ice !!
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    So....wrestling shows at half time now? Would be better than Vanilla Ice !!
    Better get them while they're still available...Vince McMahon will probably have them performing at halftime of all his XFL games as part of their wrestling contracts come next season.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Plus when you couple it with a deal on tickets like 3 for 99 dollars that's 33 bucks a ticket, not quite as low as I would like to see for a non-rival game but you figure dad can take his two boys or mom and dad can take a kid for less than a hundred. I stopped being a wrestling fan when my kids got out of it but someone winning a meet and greet is a cool prize ( I hope someone with a couple kids wins personally)
    Exactly.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Still got a long ways to go match the Lions' game, though...
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Still got a long ways to go match the Lions' game, though...
    They need it more than we do. I'm hoping their work pays off with bums-in-seats; it's a tough, tough market there.
    @EsksHistory

vCash

This guy was at our tryout this past week / weekend

https://youtu.be/loR6IzS6lRE

https://youtu.be/FpQCHVWD3GU

Quick.good route runner, CFL camp experience be interesting to see if he gets an invite to camp

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    This guy was at our tryout this past week / weekend

https://youtu.be/loR6IzS6lRE

https://youtu.be/FpQCHVWD3GU

Quick.good route runner, CFL camp experience be interesting to see if he gets an invite to camp
    Very interesting film. It looks like he was at Lions camp in 2016. Playing Arena Ball in Spokane up until last season.

vCash

Very interesting film. It looks like he was at Lions camp in 2016. Playing Arena Ball in Spokane up until last season.
    Yea,played for the Mass pirates in the nal last year...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Cool article up on the CFL website on Tevaun Smith...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/16/morris...-tevaun-smith/