Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should He Stay or Should He Go?

vCash

Attention Should He Stay or Should He Go?

No, it's not The Clash song. It's the 2018 Off-Season Edition of "Should He Stay or Should He Go?" I know we did something similar to it last year, but I think this should be the yearly tradition.

Which Edmonton Eskimos on this current roster should stay?

Len Rhodes, President: GO -- No need for explanation. The results speak for themselves. A deteriorating product. Decline in attendance. A once rock solid foundation 3-4 years ago now feels like everyone walks on egg shells.

Brock Sunderland, GM: MAYBE? -- I like Brock, I think he's a great asset to any personnel staff. Maybe he will be a good GM. But, he hasn't been good enough. In my opinion, he let Jason Maas have way too much control of his coaches. Normally, as a GM, you have to let your coach have the final say in those decisions. But there is a time when a GM needs to step in and save the coach from himself. He let the special teams units continue to be a disgrace year after year. And he let an underwhelming D with an unaggressive style continue to be an issue year after year. He let Jason Maas return to his role as OC, and I think they were forced into that decision due to Carson Walch leaving so late in the off-season. The candidates available weren't that appealing I'm sure, so I won't hold this decision against him. But the decision to not force Jason's hand to relieve Benevides and McDiarmid impacted this year. He failed to replace Kenny Ladler and Chris Edwards was anointed that job without much resistance. The secondary continues to remain an issue. Aaron Grymes almost seemed neutralized, which is completely awful considering he's one of the best players in the league.

He's had some wins, notably with the D-Line. He made some unfavourable decisions to let go of John Chick, Odell Willis, Phillip Hunt and Marcus Howard. In my opinion however, that unit was absolutely improved. Alex Bazzie was really good outside of the first month or so. Almondo Sewell was phenomenal as per usual. Kwaku Boeteng took another significant leap. Alex Ceresna was one of the more impactful players on the team. Players like Nick Usher, Mark Mackie had really good moments.

With that said, not enough wins. Brock, if he stays and it sure sounds like he will based off his comments today, has to be better. He can't use the AAFL or the XFL as an excuse. It's put up or shut up time. I'm unable to give him a proper STAY or GO because in my opinion, we don't have the proper people in the positions above him making this decision.

Jason Maas, Head Coach/OC: STAY. -- He's made a lot of mistakes. Keeping Benevides and McDiarmid was mistake #1 with a bullet. Letting the attention to detail get so bad was another. Having an undisciplined team for the majority of his tenure here was another issue. Schematically, in a home game vs Montreal (Week 10) we piled up 27 1st half points. However, in one of the final drives before the half, Montreal started completely selling out with blitz packages and were getting home and hitting Mike Reilly. After that, this offense struggled protecting the QB until the home game vs Ottawa (Week 18). Inbetween those games, our record was 1-5. That's where the season was lost and our inability to adjust and protect the QB was the major issue, even though our D (which had been a disaster until Week 15) played it's best stretch of football. His game day rosters have had glaring holes at times. Bringing Money Hunter back in the biggest game of the year and at the same time benching Arjen Colquhoun who was playing really well was a significant reason why we're not playing next weekend. And lastly, he got away from the run game way too much in a lot of games.

With all that said, his win/loss record in 3 years speaks for itself. But this team hasn't had a home playoff game in the 3 years he's been here, even though our talent level has been pretty damn good and we have the best player in the league in the prime of his career. I think he should stay, but he must go outside the organization and find someone he can rely on with playcalling duties.

Mike Benevides, DC: GO -- Nothing more needs to be said. I'm sick of watching a vanilla D on their heels every play. I hate watching corners 10 yards away from a receiver. I'm sick of watching big plays happen and players in the secondary pointing at each other trying to figure out who's responsibility it was. A change needs to be made. If Jason Maas refused to get rid of Mike Benevides, he'd be gone if I was in charge. This move has to be done.

----------------------

Quarterbacks

Mike Reilly, QB: STAY -- Priority #1. If he's gone and Len Rhodes isn't, I'm done as an Eskimos fan. The Eskimos BOD and everyone in charge will have no way to explain this. This is a guy who has bled green and gold and wouldn't leave unless he felt it was necessary. If he deems it necessary to leave in the prime of his career, I'm done. Unless Len Rhodes were to resign the next day. They also would have let James Franklin leave prematurely. No way to explain losing 2 QB's with the talent of Reilly & Franklin.

Kevin Glenn, QB: STAY -- We need a veteran back-up and Glenn can provide that. With that said, we need to find the next QB of the future regardless of whether Reilly stays or goes.

Danny O'Brien, QB: GO -- How is he still on this roster? Any time he's given playtime, whether it be in mop up duty or pre-season action, he's been awful.

Zach Kline, QB: GO -- You have to be able to find better. At no point has he ever provided James Franklin type moments that Franklin did when he was a rookie. This year in pre-season, he looked completely out of place.

RUNNING BACKS:

CJ Gable: STAY -- Feed him the ball. He put up 1000 yards this season in limited carries. Find a way to get him the ball. If he had the carries he should have gotten, he would have been around 1300-1500 yards rushing.

Shaq Cooper: STAY -- How did he not play the majority of the season? This is another criticism that I have of Jason Maas. We've struggled on returns all season long. If I was Jason Maas, I would have just given up, put our best player who can catch the ball out returning punts, as we did with Zylstra. With that extra import spot, a player like Shaq Cooper as an extra weapon would have made complete sense.

Martese Jackson: STAY -- With a legit ST coordinator and a schematic change, he'll be a really valuable weapon returning kicks.

Jordan Robinson: GO

FULL BACKS:

Calvin McCarty: STAY -- This team needs as much veteran leadership it can get next season. Even if McCarty is just a special teams player, he needs to be on the roster unless he chooses to walk away from the game. Offensively, we must find a replacement.

Christophe Normand, Tanner Green, Dupuis: GO

Pascal Lochard, James Tuck: STAY -- Losing them sucked.

RECEIVERS:

Duke Williams: STAY -- Have a feeling he'll be gone to the NFL or AAFL, but he needs to be made a top priority.

Derel Walker: STAY -- Losing him was awful. We couldn't replace what he brought.

Bryant Mitchell: STAY -- Never keep him on the bench ever again. I would love to see what a receiving core based around Duke/Walker/Mitchell could provide.

Vidal Hazelton: GO

Kenny Stafford: GO

Kevin Elliot: STAY -- Worth a training camp look.

Nate Behar: STAY

Juron Criner/Miles Schuler/Jamil Smith/Giguere/Adjei: GO

O-LINE:

Beard/Sorensen/O-Donnell/Bond/Draheim/Asare/Peterson: STAY

Kelly/Ruby/Roy: GO

Would love to see a starting line-up of Draheim/Bond/Sorensen/Beard/O'Donnell next season. However, if we're committed to having O'Donnell at G, then having Sorensen AND Bond is unlikely. Based on what we saw to end the year, you'd have to imagine it would be Sorensen.

D-LINE:

Sewell, Bazzie, Ceresna, Boeteng, Usher, Mackie: STAY

Everyone Else: GO

LINEBACKERS:

Sherritt, Korey Jones, Mulumba-Tshimanga, Blair Smith: STAY. The only iffy decision for me in this group is Konar. Another stint on the 6 game injured list this year. And I thought Korey Jones was phenomenal in the games he started. He deserves an opportunity to start.

Chris Edwards: GTFO -- He was awful. How he managed to not get replaced over 18 games is a minor miracle. He took major penalties almost weekly. He was awful in coverage. Was out of position routinely.

Everyone Else: GO

DEFENSIVE BACKS:

Grymes/Hightower/Colquhoun/Godfrey: STAY

Everyone Else: GO -- Bye Neil King. Bye Mercy Maston. Bye Money Hunter. Bye Johnny Adams. Bye Josh Woodman. We need at minimum 3 new starters next season.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

O'Neill, Whyte, Ryan King: STAY -- No need to screw up what's working.

----------------------

All in all, I still think this roster has a good core to it. During one of the remaining game threads, I expanded on this in great detail. But there are some major holes that need to be addressed, especially at WR/LB/DB/S.

What does everyone think?
    Last edited by EsksTMac; 11-04-2018 at 08:39 PM.

vCash

Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Excellent overview.
    Thank you.

vCash

I think Kevin Glenn might have to be a casualty.
    Calgary, Ottawa, Winnipeg (thanks to Durant), Hamilton all identified their #1 QB and went with the risky strategy to play without a veteran backup.
    In retrospect Glenn didn't play a snap and we could have used those $'s elsewhere.

vCash

Yeah, but you don't know that in advance. I could have avoided buying car insurance for the last 30 years (except for that pesky law ), but I got it anyway.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

It is my understanding that the HC picks his staff. If people hate Benevides so much, just remember that JM is keeping him around. If Sunderland thinks coaching is a problem, he has one person to talk to.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Yeah, but you don't know that in advance. I could have avoided buying car insurance for the last 30 years (except for that pesky law ), but I got it anyway.
    Yes, you don't want to have to use your insurance.
    So it isn't that the Glenn strategy was bad, but next year we might chose to go the route of some other clubs and play without it.
    If we can get Reilly, Walker, Mitchell, and Grymes to new deals we need to find some savings to offset that.

vCash

And as far as Rhodes goes, I agree that you need to do more than winning to keep people coming. But that should NOT be at the cost of winning. Winning needs to be the top priority. Period. Build on winning. Don't take away from it. If he was taking money from football ops for concerts, etc., then he's got to go.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    Calgary, Ottawa, Winnipeg (thanks to Durant), Hamilton all identified their #1 QB and went with the risky strategy to play without a veteran backup.
    In retrospect Glenn didn't play a snap and we could have used those $'s elsewhere.
    I bet he wasn’t cheap either!

vCash

As far as backup QB's go, the drop off from Reilly to anyone else is huge (unless Ricky Ray wants to finish his career here), so I suspect the money can be put to better use than on a Kevin Glenn.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Any solution that begins with "Keep Kevin Glenn" is no solution
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

Don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what you are saying I am kinda of wondering though what some people's thoughts are in terms of who realistically the Esks could get as far as replacements are concerned especially when looking at guys like Sunderland and Bene. I can't think of an up and comer in terms of an assistant GM (would you want a guy like Geroy Simon over Sunderland or worse yet a retread like Barker?) or defensive positional coach or college coach that I would be in a hurry to grab as a DC (only one I can think of with experience is Mark Nelson unless a guy like Stubler gets fired) . Also let's get real here you are not getting a Thorpe or a Claybrooks to accept any other position than head coach and if you do decide to do something drastic like fire Maas and hire one of those guys then the issue becomes who do you bring in to be the next OC in that scenario as well as the fact that you have just significantly increased the possibility of losing Reilly.

I agree that Sunderland has been somewhat underwhelming and Bene has had his issues I'm just not sure who I would grab to replace these guys. It's all well and good to fire guys that haven't done the job but you have to have a realistic option and I wonder who that might be. Also as far as bringing in talent is concerned don't we still have Paul Jones who has been here forever and was finding talent for EH when he was here? Has the well finally run dry with this guy and it was Ed and Hunter who was finding talent for the Esks all along while Paul Jones was just taking up space. Just wondering.
    Last edited by adb; 11-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

We didn't win with Reilly. So what does it matter who's playing if he is out? Need to improve the overall team first before you find #2.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    If I was a GM in this league I would be trying to get Streveler out of Winnipeg...he looks like a real up and comer to me...and man was I impressed that he just wouldn't go down I think the Esks finally sacked him near the end of the game otherwise the guy was always fighting to get back to line of scrimmage or beyond when he came under pressure...reminds me a lot of Reilly.
    Last edited by adb; 11-05-2018 at 11:25 AM.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

I'd love to get Franklin back, if that's an option. But why would he come back to work as a backup for Reilly? He'll be looking for a place where he might start.

Who else? I'm not comfortable with just two new guys fresh from college, or O'Brien. Then again, I'm a car insurance purchaser.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I'd love to get Franklin back, if that's an option. But why would he come back to work as a backup for Reilly? He'll be looking for a place where he might start.

Who else? I'm not comfortable with just two new guys fresh from college, or O'Brien. Then again, I'm a car insurance purchaser.
    How about Jennings?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what you are saying I am kinda of wondering though what some people's thoughts are in terms of who realistically the Esks could get as far as replacements are concerned especially when looking at guys like Sunderland and Bene. I can't think of an up and comer in terms of an assistant GM (would you want a guy like Geroy Simon over Sunderland or worse yet a retread like Barker?) or defensive positional coach or college coach that I would be in a hurry to grab as a DC (only one I can think of with experience is Mark Nelson unless a guy like Stubler gets fired) . Also let's get real here you are not getting a Thorpe or a Claybrooks to accept any other position than head coach and if you do decide to do something drastic like fire Maas and hire one of those guys then the issue becomes who do you bring in to be the next OC in that scenario as well as the fact that you have just significantly increased the possibility of losing Reilly.

I agree that Sunderland has been somewhat underwhelming and Bene has had his issues I'm just not sure who I would grab to replace these guys. It's all well and good to fire guys that haven't done the job but you have to have a realistic option and I wonder who that might be. Also as far as bringing in talent is concerned don't we still have Paul Jones who has been here forever and was finding talent for EH when he was here? Has the well finally run dry with this guy and it was Ed and Hunter who was finding talent for the Esks all along while Paul Jones just taking up space. Just wondering.
    Pervie didn't rely much on PJ, and depends on who you believe, it's been hinted that BS does not have the same relationship with PJ as his predecessor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    How about Jennings?
    No
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

As a back up diez? Not starter...

I think he would serve as a solid back up ( money pending obv ) double digest starts in the cfl.. I would def take him over O’Brien

I’m still a fan of klines

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Pervie didn't rely much on PJ, and depends on who you believe, it's been hinted that BS does not have the same relationship with PJ as his predecessor.

- - - Updated - - -

No
    Sorry Diesel but this comment doesn't make much sense to me...he was still employed by the Eskimos to find talent what does his relationship with BS have to do with that unless you are saying that Brock does not trust his judgement and was taking a pass on any players he was identifying as potential Eskimos in which case he should have fired him instead of allowing him to remain on the payroll while doing nothing...I'm not necessarily saying it was Paul Jones fault what I am saying is that I can't think of any rookie players out of college or ex NFLers that was brought in last season who made a significant impact and that IMO reflects badly not only on Sunderland but on the entire scouting staff which includes Jones. Most of the import talent brought in were FAs from other CFL teams which should not be your focus as a GM IMO.
    Last edited by adb; 11-05-2018 at 11:49 AM.

vCash

QB's: They have to get Reilly back. If they don't it's back to the days of Jyles and Joseph when they traded Ray. I don't see any reason why you keep Glenn, he will be 40. I don't see why you keep O'Brien. He will be 29 next year and hasn't elevated himself past 3rd string. I would keep Kline.

Running backs: Gable can probably stay. He will be 32 though so and you have to be careful with backs as they tend to just fall off a cliff. I would keep Jackson. Cooper - 50-50.

Fullbacks. They can keep McCarty if they want. The rest I am indifferent too.

Receivers: If you can get Williams, you do it but I think he is NFL bound. If you can get Walker, you do it but sounds like he is waiting to see where Reilly goes and will follow. I would keep Mitchell. I can't understand why he only played 10 games. He had almost 900 yards in 10 games. Behar can stay only because he is Canadian and only a second year but they need better Canadians. I would consider it a fail if they have Hazelton and Stafford next year.

Oline. Kelly needs to go. If you are an American playing on the Oline, you need to be dominate. He's not even close. Being at times adequate doesn't cut it. I don't know what Draheim is because he barely played. Maybe he can replace Kelly on the right side. They need a much better left tackle. O'Donnel & Beard can stay, maybe Sorenson as a back up. I do not know about Bond. He was good but I don't think you can play 3 Americans on the Oline and he's not a tackle.

Dline: Sewel, Cerensa, Boateq are keepers. Bazzie I am not a fan of, everyone knows that. He did play better in the second half of the year but at his price point, it wasn't good enough. If your GM is good, I think you can get the same production for WAY less money. The rest can go.

Linebackers. Konar, Sherritt, Jones, Mulumba can stay. If Edwards is on this team, I consider that a fail.

Secondary: I am not sure I would keep anyone to be honest. Grymes was the best of the bunch but he was by far I am sure the highest paid guy so he better be. I am sure he was making big money and while he was decent, he wasn't dominate so if it costs a lot to get him, I don't know if it's worth it.

Special teams - the kickers are fine.

If Brock is the GM, he needs to sign Reilly and Walker, a few others but he NEEDS to go out and FIND GUYS. He hasn't done that yet.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    No, it's not The Clash song. It's the 2018 Off-Season Edition of "Should He Stay or Should He Go?" I know we did something similar to it last year, but I think this should be the yearly tradition.

Which Edmonton Eskimos on this current roster should stay?

All in all, I still think this roster has a good core to it. During one of the remaining game threads, I expanded on this in great detail. But there are some major holes that need to be addressed, especially at WR/LB/DB/S.

What does everyone think?
    I basically agree with your musings. Kenny Stafford I'd keep though.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Sorry Diesel but this comment doesn't make much sense to me...he was still employed by the Eskimos to find talent what does his relationship with BS have to do with that unless you are saying that Brock does not trust his judgement and was taking a pass on any players he was identifying as potential Eskimos in which case he should have fired him instead of allowing him to remain on the payroll while doing nothing...I'm not necessarily saying it was Paul Jones fault what I am saying is that I can't think of any rookie players out of college or ex NFLers that was brought in last season who made a significant impact and that IMO reflects badly not only on Sunderland but on the entire scouting staff which includes Jones. Most of the import talent brought in were FAs from other CFL teams which should not be your focus as a GM IMO.
    GMs have a choice about how much input they will choose to take from their scouting & personnel staff.

For example, ET has scouts in place but will always choose the word of his agent friends over his scouts.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 11-05-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Typos

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    GMs have a choice about how much input they will choose to take from their scouting & personnel staff.

For example, ET has scouts in place but will always choose the wird of his agent friends over his scouts.
    Then why the heck employ the scouts...optics? If I employ someone I'm going to use him and if I don't have a use for him I'm going to get rid of him...if a year goes by where one of my scouts doesn't bring me any potential players then I seriously consider whether I still need him...like many say it's a results orientated business...who did we find at any of our scouting camps last year for import talent? The only one I can think of is Shaq Cooper and that IMO is an epic fail not only for Sunderland but the entire scouting staff...who was the Walker or the Zylstra or the Ladler of last offseason? There wasn't anyone that came in that I was even excited about.
    Last edited by adb; 11-05-2018 at 12:25 PM.

vCash

For example, ET has scouts in place but will always choose the wird of his agent friends over his scouts.
    How much roster turnover u think will take place in bc this off season.. obv 9-9- is a step up on last year ( I think ) but there certainly isn’t any new blood pumped into the lions yet.. most of the guys picked up in readiness for 18 were vets.. pretty much exactly as we have done... ( I could argue a lot were Hervey guys from the esks but that’s another debate ) I’m curious how much Hervey rips that team apart

vCash

Looking strictly at offense
    Stafford & Hazelton have shown that they are really nothing more than #3 or #4 receivers. Neither stepped it up when injuries happened. There are cheaper options that will bring similar (and probably better) results. Don't even flinch when releasing Kevin Elliott.
    Although a fan favorite, I have to believe that McCarty has passed his prime. I expect an 11 year vet is earning far more than what he has contributed to the offense the past couple of seasons. Save the money and spend it somewhere else, but a ton of respect for a solid career.
    I don't know if any of our backup quarterbacks work, although it's probably important to keep at least one of them as they know the system. I think it's time to decide between Kline & O'Brien.
    I'd say the weak link on the o-line is Kelly and as was mentioned, if you are the weakest link and you are an International, it's time to go.
    Fine with everyone else coming back to camp next year.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'd take a look at Strevller as a back up and get rid of Glenn and O'Brien. I don't think Duke's going anywhere - he had his shot at NFL and it didn't work out so he came up here. Gable is still capable of pounding the rock when he's given the chance. If the receivers we have can learn how to properly run their routes and actually catch the balls thrown to them it would be fantastic.
    Bene has to go - but the only worry I have is they will get rid of Maas and promote Bene to HC/DC...
    You have a problem because the last guy that punched me has a dent in his forehead the size of my pinky ring, and he dribbles when he smiles. - Dutch Dooley

vCash

If I was a GM in this league I would be trying to get Streveler out of Winnipeg...he looks like a real up and comer to me...and man was I impressed that he just wouldn't go down I think the Esks finally sacked him near the end of the game otherwise the guy was always fighting to get back to line of scrimmage or beyond when he came under pressure...reminds me a lot of Reilly.
    I’m not sure his passing side is there yet for strevler.. great runner but an average passer... our defence has made him look good though no question and Lapo used his strengths very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I'd take a look at Strevller as a back up and get rid of Glenn and O'Brien. I don't think Duke's going anywhere - he had his shot at NFL and it didn't work out so he came up here. Gable is still capable of pounding the rock when he's given the chance. If the receivers we have can learn how to properly run their routes and actually catch the balls thrown to them it would be fantastic.
    Bene has to go - but the only worry I have is they will get rid of Maas and promote Bene to HC/DC...

If they promote bene to hc then Jesus.. this forum is gonna meltdown... as it should.. the thought of it alone gives me cold sweats

vCash
    Blog Entries

And McCarty is not making the huge bucks that people might think. He's here because he wants to be here...he's here year round, does lots in the community as well as having football camps all the time with Kinger and co. His skill set is great blocking, knowledge of schemes, good hands (with a couple drops but come on...) and bleeds Green & Gold. I don't think he should be anointed a starter before camp, but his salary isn't going to bust the SMS that's for sure.
    You have a problem because the last guy that punched me has a dent in his forehead the size of my pinky ring, and he dribbles when he smiles. - Dutch Dooley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Looking strictly at offense
    Stafford & Hazelton have shown that they are really nothing more than #3 or #4 receivers. Neither stepped it up when injuries happened. There are cheaper options that will bring similar (and probably better) results. Don't even flinch when releasing Kevin Elliott.
    Although a fan favorite, I have to believe that McCarty has passed his prime. I expect an 11 year vet is earning far more than what he has contributed to the offense the past couple of seasons. Save the money and spend it somewhere else, but a ton of respect for a solid career.
    I don't know if any of our backup quarterbacks work, although it's probably important to keep at least one of them as they know the system. I think it's time to decide between Kline & O'Brien.
    I'd say the weak link on the o-line is Kelly and as was mentioned, if you are the weakest link and you are an International, it's time to go.
    Fine with everyone else coming back to camp next year.
    Off topic but I loved the hustle of our oline last game.. they were joinin piles and had their motors running..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    And McCarty is not making the huge bucks that people might think. He's here because he wants to be here...he's here year round, does lots in the community as well as having football camps all the time with Kinger and co. His skill set is great blocking, knowledge of schemes, good hands (with a couple drops but come on...) and bleeds Green & Gold. I don't think he should be anointed a starter before camp, but his salary isn't going to bust the SMS that's for sure.

Cmc has to stay.. as long as he wants to play...

vCash

Yep, and in the case of Pervie, he paid kickbacks to agents to steer guys to him
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Any solution that begins with "Keep Kevin Glenn" is no solution
    I didn’t do a good enough job clarifying, but I’d like him as a third string veteran guy.

Ideally, in a perfect world it’s: 1) MR 2) Young backup with upside 3) Glenn incase that young QB isn’t ready

And it doesn’t have to be Glenn himself, but a Glenn type. A veteran who’s been around the league and had success.