Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure, I believe Ya

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Law Sure, I believe Ya

Anything you say Brock
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Re: Sure, I believe Ya

Brock? am I missing something ?

vCash

His "doth protest too much" reaction to being asked about contacting other potential coaching candidates. The league's timing of this lines up with someone getting their pee pee slapped. The story was outed on the 31st, league memo the next day
    Last edited by Diesel; 11-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Brock... you got some 'splainin' to do.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

So ya saying Brock was contacting people "illegally"? Wasn't that what the fake arash account was saying? and people are taking that as truth?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet Sask gets away with it scott free smh.. wonder if it was the Riders instead of the Esks "allegedly" contacting people would there be a warning

vCash

There is also this option

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

The timing of the league memo reported by Naylor, and the 3rddown.com story that he did, all seem to line up with that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

The CFL released their memo Nov 1. One day after the story came out that BS had contacted other candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

The CFL released their memo Nov 1. One day after the story came out that BS had contacted other candidates.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

So a troll twitter account spews some stuff and people take is as gospel? I know you dont like BS Diesel but come on.

vCash

This is Naylor reporting on something the league did the very next day 3rd Down ran the story that BS contacted other team's personnel.

Last edited by Diesel; 11-06-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I dont buy that BS was tampering. Not from a Troll Twitter account.

vCash

3rdDownNation is a troll account?
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

3rdDownNation is no troll account.

Now, I was shocked to learn they have Arash Mardani on staff however. Bad hire for them as he's been famous for spewing BS and I don't mean Brock Sunderland.

vCash

No but they where quoting Arash who is the one I dont believe at all.

vCash

So if this was all bunk, why would the league have to release an internal memo such as they did 24 hrs later? Where there's smoke....
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    So ya saying Brock was contacting people "illegally"? Wasn't that what the fake arash account was saying? and people are taking that as truth?
    The real Arash account broke the news.

Told y’all it was true!

vCash

this ****s gettin serious!!!!

if Maas goes, Reilly goes.

- - - Updated - - -

and then i wont attend a single game until Rhodes is out

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    So if this was all bunk, why would the league have to release an internal memo such as they did 24 hrs later? Where there's smoke....
    Exactly. Some team was doing something to cause another team to complain so the league had to act.

Here is what will probably happen.
    - Rhodes keeps his job because the board doesn't give a crap about anything other than making money and they Esks will post good profits thanks to the Grey Cup.
    - Brock will keep his job. Rhodes fired Hervey because he was doing a good job at running the football team, he probably butted heads with Rhodes about some stupid ideas and Rhodes taking money from football ops to fund his dumb ideas. Plus Hervey was probably trying to go around Rhodes and deal directly with the BOG. Rhodes wants a yes man as a GM and if you listen to Brock do a presser, he tells you jack squat in his answers and dances around the question the same as Rhodes does. Plus it will look brutal on Rhodes to fire A competent GM in Hervey, bring on a new guy and in less that 2 years, fire that guy too.
    - Maas will get the bullet for the sins of Rhodes and Brock because someone has to be blamed even though the blame needs to fall on the management.

Once the playoffs are over for BC, Hervey will scoop up Maas in a heartbeat. Hervey hired Maas in the first place to coach the Esks for a reason. Maas is a good coach, he was just a bit inexperienced and made the odd mistake plus he takes on too much responsibility. Maas is an excellent offensive coach, Reilly's numbers speak for themselves. When you put a good roster in front of Maas which he had last year which was pretty much Hervey's team, Maas can coach a team to a good record, Hence the 12-6 record. Maas just needs to have good coordinators and delegate better which I am sure Hervey will talk to him about in his interview. Reilly will then see that the wrong guy got fired and the organization is in turmoil. His coach who he likes is in BC, his GM who gave him his chance is in BC.His best buddy Lulay is there ready to be his back up. BC is closer to home than Edmonton. Hervery won't cheap out so Reilly will sign in BC. Walker won't be far behind.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Exactly. Some team was doing something to cause another team to complain so the league had to act.

- Rhodes keeps his job because the board doesn't give a crap about anything other than making money and they Esks will post good profits thanks to the Grey Cup.
    - Brock will keep his job. Rhodes fired Hervey because he was doing a good job at running the football team, he probably butted heads with Rhodes about some stupid ideas and Rhodes taking money from football ops to fund his dumb ideas. Plus Hervey was probably trying to go around Rhodes and deal directly with the BOG. Rhodes wants a yes man as a GM and if you listen to Brock do a presser, he tells you jack squat in his answers and dances around the question the same as Rhodes does. Plus it will look brutal on Rhodes to fire A competent GM in Hervey, bring on a new guy and in less that 2 years, fire that guy too.
    - Maas will get the bullet for the sins of Rhodes and Brock because someone has to be blamed even though the blame needs to fall on the management.

Once the playoffs are over for BC, Hervey will scoop up Maas in a heartbeat. Hervey hired Maas in the first place to coach the Esks for a reason. Maas is a good coach, he was just a bit inexperienced and made the odd mistake plus he takes on too much responsibility. Maas is an excellent offensive coach, Reilly's numbers speak for themselves. When you put a good roster in front of Maas which he had last year which was pretty much Hervey's team, Maas can coach a team to a good record, Hence the 12-6 record. Maas just needs to have good coordinators and delegate better which I am sure Hervey will talk to him about in his interview. Reilly will then see that the wrong guy got fired and the organization is in turmoil. His coach who he likes is in BC, his GM who gave him his chance is in BC.His best buddy Lulay is there ready to be his back up. BC is closer to home than Edmonton. Hervery won't cheap out so Reilly will sign in BC. Walker won't be far behind.
    This is why I think BS will delay firing Jason...along with wanting to re-sign Reilly.

vCash

How many pressers have you seen Sunderland do? The one I just watched he answered what could be answered.

vCash

If someone was proven to be tampering or accused, I doubt there'd be a memo. They'd likely be moving right on to the investigation or fine and penalty. Seems more to me like someone in the league office read Madani's story and decided to be proactive.

vCash

Once the playoffs are over for BC, Hervey will scoop up Maas in a heartbeat.
    So how does Hervey scoop up Maas in a heartbeat after the playoffs when he's still under contract for 2 more seasons. He'd have to be fired first. Not even much sense trying to tamper because he can't just up and quit to jump ship. If he resigns he is treated as though he is still under contract. He can't get hired by any other team until either the Esks grant that team permission to talk to him or his contract expires, whichever comes first.

For the record amongst Lionbackers who have been discussing potential candidates to replace Wally they are about as much in favour of Hervey hiring Maas should he be fired as people on these pages are in favour or Rhodes staying. It's pretty unanimous amongst Lion fans that if Maas needs a new job he should look east, not west.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
    If someone was proven to be tampering or accused, I doubt there'd be a memo. They'd likely be moving right on to the investigation or fine and penalty. Seems more to me like someone in the league office read Madani's story and decided to be proactive.
    I agree. Now that the regular season is over and teams are able to start thinking about not just coaching staff moves but also planning for free agency the memo was no more than a "Hey boys before you get carried away don't forget the tampering rules". The policy invoked under Orridge is pretty straight forward. Teams wishing to talk to someone under contract must receive permission in writing from the team that person is under contract to. Any possible compensation must also be agreed upon as part of that written permission. The Commish must also be copied on those written communications and formally grant the parties to proceed.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-drafts-new-an...olicy-1.427315
    The new rules:
    PROTOCOL
    No club or any person connected directly or indirectly with the club will be allowed to have any contact or discussions with any non-player employee currently under contract or associated with or employed by another club unless:
    (a) permission in writing has been first obtained from the non-player employee’s current club (president or general manager) to engage in such discussions and express permission has been granted to enter into a contract with the other club, and (b) approval in writing by the Commissioner or his delegate copied to both clubs and the non-player employee, for the non-player employee to engage in such discussions with the other Club.
    Furthermore, any and all terms of agreement between representatives of the two clubs (if applicable), must be explicitly set out in writing at the time permission has been first obtained from the non-player employee’s current Club. For greater clarity, should the parties agree that a non-player employee can engage in discussions with another club and, if he signs with that other club, an agreement to pay compensation to the former club or some other term must be clearly stated in writing at the time the initial permission is granted to the requesting club.
    RESIGNATION OR RETIREMENT
    Any non-player employee who voluntarily resigns or retires prior to the expiration of his contract is not free to discuss or accept employment with another club without the written consent of his former club. This condition will apply for the full remaining term of his contract. Once the non-player employee’s contract has expired, he is free to seek employment with another club.
    TERMINATION
    A non-player employee who has his contract of employment terminated during the term of his contract is eligible to be employed by another club at any time, subject to any provisions in the non-player employee’s contract.
    VIOLATION OF THE PROTOCOL
    For the maintenance of this policy, the commissioner or his delegate shall have the sole power and authority to determine if this protocol has been breached or tampering has occurred.
    The commissioner shall make such a determination after providing notice and a hearing to any and all interested parties. The commissioner shall determine, in his sole discretion, the process involved and his decision shall be final and binding on the parties with no further appeal or review process. clubs and their respective representatives shall provide their full cooperation and assistance in the investigation and hearing process.
    PENALTIES
    Should the commissioner determine this protocol has been breached or tampering has occurred, the penalties will be as follows:
    (a) First offence - fine of up to $25,000.00 and the loss of the club’s first-round draft choice in the subsequent draft, or the following draft when the club has a first-round draft choice to lose.
    (b) Second offence – suspension of an individual for a specific or indefinite period or for life, at the Commissioner’s discretion.

vCash

This is 100% my opinion but I watched the Sunderland interview and don't believe for a second that he was the one tampering (if anyone was) as he seemed pissed it had even been mentioned. Let the Sunderland witch hunt continue.

And before Q comes back at me and calls me a Sunderland lover, I will say I am disappointed in 2018 and do hold him as responsible as I do the players, coach and coordinators. 2019 will be the year I pass judgment on Brock, can he rebound from a bad year?
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    How many pressers have you seen Sunderland do? The one I just watched he answered what could be answered.
    Well his most recent one, he spent more time bitching about the format of the league and his team not making it in because of it than talking about the team. When he did talk about the team it was a whole lot of "we are evaluating". He talked about penalties being a problem, he talked about turnovers being a problem, he talked about how "close" they were. Seems like he was directing a lot of the problem towards coaching. If he is a good GM, I would have liked to hear him talk about himself a little. Instead of just evaluating the coaching staff, what about evaluating yourself and the decisions you made or didn't make. Where was the improving of the roster to start the season? When the team was having problems, where was the GM trying to address the needs of his team? When injuries to critical players happened, where was the GM trying to bring in help? The GM he replaced was constantly bringing in new players either by trade or signing guys to either shore up areas of his team that were under performing or to replace injuries. They are in the playoffs, the Esks are not. So I would have loved to hear an admission by the GM that while yes the coaches made a few mistakes and he is going to evaluate the coaching staff but he the GM also made some mistakes so he is going to evaluate what he could do better.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 11-07-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    It's pretty unanimous amongst Lion fans that if Maas needs a new job he should look east, not west.
    Hmmm, and I thought only our neighbors to the East new nothing about football.
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

vCash

Well his most recent one, he spent more time bitching about the format of the league and his team not making it in because of it than talking about the team. When he did talk about the team it was a whole lot of "we are evaluating". He talked about penalties being a problem, he talked about turnovers being a problem, he talked about how "close" they were. Seems like he was directing a lot of the problem towards coaching. If he is a good GM, I would have liked to hear him talk about himself a little. Instead of just evaluating the coaching staff, what about evaluating yourself and the decisions you made or didn't make. Where was the improving of the roster to start the season? When the team was having problems, where was the GM trying to address the needs of his team? When injuries to critical players happened, where was the GM trying to bring in help? The GM he replaced was constantly bringing in new players either by trade or signing guys to either shore up areas of his team that were under performing or to replace injuries. They are in the playoffs, the Esks are not. So I would have loved to hear an admission by the GM that while yes the coaches made a few mistakes and he is going to evaluate the coaching staff but he the GM also made some mistakes so he is going to evaluate what he could do better.
    Sounded like he was just answering the questions put in front of him. Him spending more time talking about the format of the league than talking about the team is simply false. You are just making things up to fit a narrative. It seemed that every question Terry Jones asked was about getting rid of the coach.

vCash

For the record amongst Lionbackers who have been discussing potential candidates to replace Wally they are about as much in favour of Hervey hiring Maas should he be fired as people on these pages are in favour or Rhodes staying. It's pretty unanimous amongst Lion fans that if Maas needs a new job he should look east, not west.
    I don’t think Lionbackers is representative of all BC Lions fans. That would be using a VERY wide paintbrush. Lionbackers seems to be a select few who write a lot.

In my limited forays over to Lionbackers, the repeated theme has been how the Lions are so set in their ways & there needs to be changes in personnel, coaches, scheme, the business side - the list goes on. It’s a bit hypocritical to say that & then not want someone very different as the head coach. Jason is definitely more of a players’ coach in this day & age than Wally (no disrespect intended, it’s just the way it is).
    Last edited by Smartie123; 11-07-2018 at 10:06 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Sounded like he was just answering the questions put in front of him. Him spending more time talking about the format of the league than talking about the team is simply false. You are just making things up to fit a narrative. It seemed that every question Terry Jones asked was about getting rid of the coach.
    Well I definitely wasn't making anything up. Obviously we disagree on it. I listened to the presser and came away knowing what he thought about the current playoff format and the disparity in the divisions but didn't come away learning much about the team. It was the first presser after the season was over so I wasn't expecting to have him layout the whole plan right then and there but he spent 21 weeks watching the Esks so I was hoping to hear a little more than "We are evaluating".

vCash

So how does Hervey scoop up Maas in a heartbeat after the playoffs when he's still under contract for 2 more seasons. He'd have to be fired first. Not even much sense trying to tamper because he can't just up and quit to jump ship. If he resigns he is treated as though he is still under contract. He can't get hired by any other team until either the Esks grant that team permission to talk to him or his contract expires, whichever comes first.

If Maas got hired by Hervey and Reilly followed him as a result, I don't think too many Lions fans would complain. Maas may have made some mistakes but he did produce a 5562 yard (first in the league) QB that threw 30 TD's (second in the league), an over 1500 yard receiver and even though many of us thought they didn't run enough, they still produced a 1063 yard rusher who only played 16 games. SO it wasn't all bad.

vCash

Let’s be very real here... as another poster as pointed out.. if the eskimos has done something wrong they would have come down on us like a ton of bricks! We would have lost our draft pick and had a fine already.. the league and tsn have a hate on for us and Jason maas .. they for sure would have been out the blocks to punish us..