Thread: Rhodes Real Legacy

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Flame Rhodes Real Legacy

He paved the way for our most hated rival to celebrate a GC in our stadium and in our locker.

I doubt he even understands the magnitude of how much of a collective insult that is to current and former players who bled for those colors.

That is his legacy.

GTFO
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Re: Rhodes Real Legacy

I am all for slamming Rhodes but lets not kid ourselves...Huff is the one who paved the way for what happened yesterday. I wish we had a Huff...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

We did. See post #1
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I am all for slamming Rhodes but lets not kid ourselves...Huff is the one who paved the way for what happened yesterday. I wish we had a Huff...
    I wouldn't say Ed was quite there yet, but I fully believe he was well on his way to becoming our Huff.

vCash

We had better than a Huff. We had Hugh Campbell.
    No one has come close to replicating with the Esks what Hugh achieved as first coach then GM/CEO. Things finally were back on track in 2015 ... then our coaching staff was stolen ... then a year later some idiot (guess who) canned our winning GM. Looks like we are heading back down the drain unless someone with football smarts gets to handle the wheel.
    Last edited by Moon1; 11-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    He paved the way for our most hated rival to celebrate a GC in our stadium and in our locker.

I doubt he even understands the magnitude of how much of a collective insult that is to current and former players who bled for those colors.

That is his legacy.

GTFO
    He can’t comprehend this because he is too busy concentrating on his mouth breathing.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt think this was that great of a Calgary team. In fact the worst one of the past three years is the only one that won a Cup,and likely didn’t deserve it.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I wouldn't say that the Stampeders didn't deserve to win the Grey Cup but I would say they were the worst Stampeder team of the last three years.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I wouldn't say that the Stampeders didn't deserve to win the Grey Cup but I would say they were the worst Stampeder team of the last three years.
    Hey guys any talk of firing Rhodes now the the season is officially over ? I was hoping that if we missed the playoffs major changes would happen?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Hey guys any talk of firing Rhodes now the the season is officially over ? I was hoping that if we missed the playoffs major changes would happen?
    When was the last time that someone in that position was ever fired from the Eskimos? Coaches? Sure. GM? Sure. Not that position. He reports to the Board, and the Board of the EEFC is a hollow body of local businesspeople who put boards like that (and the honorariums they receive) in their back pocket and sit on them.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

I hope that Rhodes gets fired because he is a lousy Pres and has been the reason this organization has gotten weaker and weaker over the years because he either drove people away or got rid of them himself. But I have ZERO confidence that the board will do anything because they don't give a crap about the fans, the football product or the community. All they care about is money. So even though the crowds are getting lower and the overall care factor from the fans is dropping, they are making money because of sponsorship. Ever since Rhodes has become Pres, the emphasis on the football team and the product has gone down but boy have the amount of sponsors and commercials we see every single game gone up. EVERYTHING is sponsored. For every single stoppage in the game, we get multiple commercials. Hell, he got the stadium named for 10 games. For 355 days of the year it's Commonwealth Stadium. For 10 days a year on a game day, it's "Brick field at Commonwealth Stadium". He sucks as a Pres of this team but he's a hell of a salesman so I have no doubt he will be able to sleaze his way and sell it to the board why he is worth keeping.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Sure there is a tweet today were Mitchell says they messed up our locker room real good...

Does not sit well with me at all that... lack of class and respect. I’d have that shot posted on the board now.. I wouldn’t wait till June... all the motivation I need to win the gc in Calgary next year.. all the motivation needed..

vCash
    Blog Entries

Didn't think Bobo still had a Twitter account after a bunch of butthurt he got in April.
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Didn't think Bobo still had a Twitter account after a bunch of butthurt he got in April.
    Nah it was someone else’s tweet.. they were quoting him.. I’ll try and go back on twitter and find it..

Edit:
    It was cfl news tweet.... they even linked a video...

https://youtu.be/NTuRtfUeb5k

God damn I hate bo Levi ...
    Last edited by cmbuk; 11-28-2018 at 12:26 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Sure there is a tweet today were Mitchell says they messed up our locker room real good...

Does not sit well with me at all that... lack of class and respect. I’d have that shot posted on the board now.. I wouldn’t wait till June... all the motivation I need to win the gc in Calgary next year.. all the motivation needed..
    We should have pulled a Scotty Bowman and painted the dressing room they were in with an oil based paint a day before the game. The fumes would have left them "fuming".

vCash

Can you even buy oil based paint anymore?
    Last edited by Esks1975; 11-28-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: 'pin' wtf

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Can you even buy oil based pin anymore?
    If it's for the Stamps we could find anything.

vCash
    Blog Entries

To be fair...we didn't exactly put tarps on the floor in Calgary in 93'... Doesn't make it suck any less though.
    Overheard at Spirit of Edmonton.
    Boydo - Jeez Sean I always forget how tall you are...
    Wad - Thatís ok Boydo, we remember how short you are! (As Swerve chuckles and nods while drinking his Coors)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    To be fair...we didn't exactly put tarps on the floor in Calgary in 93'... Doesn't make it suck any less though.
    Yea but McMahon has always been a ****hole anyways...