Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alliance of American Football 2019 Thread

vCash

Re: Alliance of American Football 2019 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Then the XFL will fold in a few months...everything back to normal!
    With the attendance issues, I'm actually surprised they are still considering starting up.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    With the attendance issues, I'm actually surprised they are still considering starting up.
    McMahon is too much of an ego-maniac to fold before they start...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    McMahon is too much of an ego-maniac to fold before they start...
    Yeah, it may not last long but the XFL 2.0 is playing games. I do hate that the league sounds like it's taking a very boring approach to everything. I get of course you can't have "smash mouth" football but the original XFL brought so much personality to the game that had never been seen before.
    Check out my stuff on Avrysports.com

vCash

Desperate times...
    I suspect this is the end of the road for Johnny Football. I don't expect him to impress any NFL teams playing lackluster football in this league.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Desperate times...
    I suspect this is the end of the road for Johnny Football. I don't expect him to impress any NFL teams playing lackluster football in this league.
    Headed to the Memphis Express . Will be walking the halls of Graceland.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Wonder if the XFL will still be around for him to go to after screwing up his third chance...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

He won't even have the XFL to go to if they maintain their "no criminal records" policy.
    Check out my stuff on Avrysports.com

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blogger Avry View Post
    He won't even have the XFL to go to if they maintain their "no criminal records" policy.
    He doesn't have one.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

AAF Championship Game moves from Las Vegas to Texas at facility owned by Jerry Jones

The AAF's first championship game will no longer be held in Las Vegas on April 27, as originally planned. Instead, the game will now be played in the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas -- a 12,000 seat facility owned and operated by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. The facility is currently shared with the Cowboys, the city of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District.

A statement from the AAF cited Jones' close relationship with the AAF as a primary force behind moving the game. Jones was seen at the NFL combine wearing an AAF hat.

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/a...y-jerry-jones/

vCash

AAF Championship Game moves from Las Vegas to Texas at facility owned by Jerry Jones

The AAF's first championship game will no longer be held in Las Vegas on April 27, as originally planned. Instead, the game will now be played in the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas -- a 12,000 seat facility owned and operated by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. The facility is currently shared with the Cowboys, the city of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District.

A statement from the AAF cited Jones' close relationship with the AAF as a primary force behind moving the game. Jones was seen at the NFL combine wearing an AAF hat.

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/a...y-jerry-jones/
    Vegas doesn't care for out of towners or gambling on their sports! Keep your bushleague out of my city!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

This clip is hilarious for two reasons:
    a. Manziel talking out of his butt. He can say all the "right things" he wants, but if you don't put any effort into playing the game, you are gonna suck at it.
    b. The guy in the back stroking his chin.

vCash

After scrolling fown @munzly timeline, and then going further down the rabbit hole by clicking on other posts, Mike Singletary doesn’t seem to be a Johnny fan. He just looks more stressed out.

Why JM continues to be signed by any team in any league is be-YOND me.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 03-21-2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: In case people think that I thought Mike Singletary is the guy in the background.

vCash

I don't think Johnny ever "learned a new game" up here.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I don't think Johnny ever "learned a new game" up here.
    Exactly. The words "thinking" and "work" are foreign to him. Still riding on his college rep.

vCash
    Blog Entries

This clip is hilarious for two reasons:
    a. Manziel talking out of his butt. He can say all the "right things" he wants, but if you don't put any effort into playing the game, you are gonna suck at it.
    b. The guy in the back stroking his chin.
    Man he's a tw@twaffle... So glad he's out of the CFL for good.

vCash

That San Antonio / Salt Lake City game this weekend was fun to watch. It certainly helps when there are 30 thousand loud fans in the stadium. Marquise Williams came off the bench in the 4th qtr and really got the crowd going.

vCash

Just discovered the AAF does live streams - and bonus - it appears they run with no tv announcers - just the stadium feed. San Diego / Arizona feed here for anyone who is interested.

https://aaf.com/live/s1/w7/g3/san-di...stream=aaf-raw

vCash

The Alliance of American Football may not make it through it's first season.

League majority owner Tom Dundon told USA Today on Wednesday that a lack of cooperation from the NFLPA to allow young players to play in both leagues could cause the AAF to fold.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon said. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."

USA Today reports the AAF has hoped to use practice squad players from NFL rosters in their league, specifically quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

Dundon, who owns the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes, said he expects to make a decision in the next two days. He invested $250 million into the start-up league last month.

The AAF season is scheduled to run through April 27, when the league championship is scheduled to take place. The regular season is set to run through April 14.

https://www.tsn.ca/dundon-aaf-consid...uing-1.1280574

Time for CFL GM's to do some quick scouting/assesments of the players that could become available in the coming days/weeks. I'm sure they've already got an idea on most of them, but I'm sure they didn't anticipate them becoming available before training camp 2019.

vCash

The Alliance of American Football may not make it through it's first season.

League majority owner Tom Dundon told USA Today on Wednesday that a lack of cooperation from the NFLPA to allow young players to play in both leagues could cause the AAF to fold.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon said. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."

USA Today reports the AAF has hoped to use practice squad players from NFL rosters in their league, specifically quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

Dundon, who owns the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes, said he expects to make a decision in the next two days. He invested $250 million into the start-up league last month.

The AAF season is scheduled to run through April 27, when the league championship is scheduled to take place. The regular season is set to run through April 14.

https://www.tsn.ca/dundon-aaf-consid...uing-1.1280574

Time for CFL GM's to do some quick scouting/assesments of the players that could become available in the coming days/weeks. I'm sure they've already got an idea on most of them, but I'm sure they didn't anticipate them becoming available before training camp 2019.
    Here's some more shocks that go in that same category- water is wet, Boydo likes latex, Glen is smart, Q doesn't like Len Rhodes and Naf likes beer.
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Here's some more shocks that go in that same category- water is wet, Boydo likes latex, Glen is smart, Q doesn't like Len Rhodes and Naf likes beer.
    Yup yup!

vCash

So long and thanks for all the fish.

AAF to cease operations (probably) in the next few hours. According to TSN 1260

vCash

Well, maybe there are a few players out there that we can add to our TC rosters.

vCash

This is the least surprising thing of all time.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Well, maybe there are a few players out there that we can add to our TC rosters.
    I feel sorry for Bill Polian. I guess Johnny Football becomes part of the McMahon Madness now.

vCash

Dundon burned through 70 million dollars like he was in government. I don't understand why you'd try to start a football league in gigantic stadiums across the entire nation. Smaller stadiums and a smaller geographical footprint would make sense, wouldn't it? Do we know how much money this league wasted in total?

vCash
    Blog Entries

No surprise.

Unicorn wish here, but I wonder if Brock has the room to snatch up one of Stefan Charles, Ciante Evans, or maybe Terrell Sinkfield now that the AAF is done.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

You'd have to think McMahon would be having second thoughts on XFL 2.0 given the spectacular failure of the AAF.

Also, the CFLPA loses a significant bargaining chip and makes their position much weaker than yesterday.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BaronAmongYou View Post
    Dundon burned through 70 million dollars like he was in government. I don't understand why you'd try to start a football league in gigantic stadiums across the entire nation. Smaller stadiums and a smaller geographical footprint would make sense, wouldn't it? Do we know how much money this league wasted in total?
    One word - Ego.

Just like a GM that is going to give Duron Carter another chance, thinking that he can get something out of him that previous ones couldn't, it's that professional and personal confidence that if you can do it better than previous, learning from their mistakes, it will work. This confidence/ego is likely necessary for success, and particularly key in a social media age where everyone gets a megaphone to tell the guy what they think of him... but it often neglects to factor in the things they can't control... such as the ability of a player to be disciplined, or the paying public's appetite for professional football beyond the NFL.

I applaud some of the things the AAF did - I maintain that this looked more like a league would if football people and players were making the decisions. Ultimately it's unfathomable how much of a burn rate they had if $70 million was gone in a matter of 4-6 weeks on top of everything else they'd spent.

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    No surprise.

Unicorn wish here, but I wonder if Brock has the room to snatch up one of Stefan Charles, Ciante Evans, or maybe Terrell Sinkfield now that the AAF is done.
    I presume that the players will become free to sign elsewhere, and it will be interesting whether they hold out for NFL interest, or possibly the XFL, or if they opt for CFL even after a good chunk of the money has been spent. It will be interesting to see how bodies hold up for guys that are able to double-dip and play in both the AAF and CFL in the same calendar year. Even with the shorter season, it really will have robbed from recovery time for those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    You'd have to think McMahon would be having second thoughts on XFL 2.0 given the spectacular failure of the AAF.

Also, the CFLPA loses a significant bargaining chip and makes their position much weaker than yesterday.
    Same word as above - Ego. I doubt that McMahon even blinks. He'll likely see one less competitor, and come up with a list of reasons why it failed and why he won't be subject to the same fate.

Interesting thought on the CFLPA position. I would agree that the extra demand/competition has likely been reduced, but with the XFL still likely to kick off and rumoured to be be paying more than the AAF, there's a bunch to play out yet. I would have presumed that both the CFL and CFLPA would have agreed that there was a need to raise compensation due to a competitive threat(s) in terms of attracting/retaining talent to keep the game at the level it is and continue to grow it. That may be somewhat less commonly held now. Will be interesting to see what this does coming right in the middle of bargaining.

vCash

I'd love to see Jhurrell Pressley come up here I think he would be a very exciting back.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I'd love to see Jhurrell Pressley come up here I think he would be a very exciting back.
    He has had multiple NFL shots already so he might be interested in the CFL. No idea on his blocking though. If we are looking for DE's, there are two with seven AAF sacks each. Karter Schult, Salt Lake and Damontre Moore, San Diego. Garret Gilbert of Orlando seems to be the best passer in the AAF.